Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' (29341 Views)

Nigeria We Hail Thee: Reintroduction Of Old National Anthem My Priority – Tinubu / 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili / 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by jeromestarks: 4:23pm On May 23
Nigeria’s old National Anthem

Nigeria we hail thee
Our own dear native land
Though tribes and tongue may differ
In brotherhood we stand
Nigerians all, are proud to serve
Our sovereign Motherland.

Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign
In peace or battle honour'd,
And this we count as gain,
To hand on to our children
A banner without stain.

O God of all creation
Grant this our one request.
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed.

The House of Representatives passed a bill seeking to return us to reciting the old national anthem.

I like the part that says "In brotherhood we stand"

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by illicit(m): 4:47pm On May 23
Hope it's not a colonial legacy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:12pm On May 23
shocked

If this anthem of a thing could not fix Nigeria's problems then it's as useless as "P" in Psychology.

Nonsense and Ingredients

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Judolisco(m): 8:12pm On May 23
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:12pm On May 23
How will the change of National Anthem help the country?

Just diverting people's attention

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by ChatterHouse: 8:12pm On May 23
grin grin grin
This would sound awful

But it's a nice start no one is compatriot now in this current dispensation

So it's true

11 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by bigeliot(m): 8:12pm On May 23
Do u know that most of the people(house members) that passed this cannt even sing d current one?
At dis my age na national anthem u want me to start learning? Even d nation is not proud of us. Of all d problems facing us na national anthem una see. Make una leave me o

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by WhizdomXX(m): 8:12pm On May 23
Wow Nigeria will be Great Again.
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Jokerman(m): 8:12pm On May 23
First give us dividends of democracy before all these flowery werds

7 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by NaijaSumigan: 8:12pm On May 23
Imagine these political fools playing the Masses. Are these politicians saying they don't know they have been the problem all the while. Are they not the stupid and senseless politicians looting the money meant to develop the Country.

These useless bastards called politicians keep the masses in abject poverty through their evil policies and most importantly stealing the Nation wealth.

Tinubu got presidency through crook and corruption, he got there he can't perform.

I wish Nigerian politicians death and nothing but death plus agony.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by FreeStuffsNG: 8:12pm On May 23
We have since changed from Motherland to Fatherland and the world is now more gender inclusive.

Sincerely, some words used there are obsolete and unashamedly patriarchal in a supposed motherland.
I prefer the existing national anthem.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by 0m0luabi: 8:12pm On May 23
This one make sense pass current one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Betanaija42moro: 8:12pm On May 23
Misplaced priority. They should focus on reviving the economy.
The national anthem is not our problem

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by iCauseTrouble: 8:12pm On May 23
What effect will this have on the falling Naira?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by lonelydora: 8:12pm On May 23
Our legislators are very funny creatures.

So, with the numerous problems in Nigeria, it's the national anthem that is their problem?

This is exactly what you get when people who lack idea of how things work are put in positions.

Let's keep deceiving ourselves by pretending we are moving forward as a country.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by saitechh(m): 8:13pm On May 23
nice anthem
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by TheDemola: 8:13pm On May 23
It's so unfortunate how this has been our priority. Instead of finding a way to improve our economy, our NASS is busy with National Anthem. Smh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:13pm On May 23
This old one is better..
The new one follow contribute to the Shege wey we dey see now..
This economy choke ooo So help me God.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by albert2512: 8:13pm On May 23
jeromestarks:
Nigeria’s old National Anthem

The House of Representatives passed a bill seeking to return us to reciting the old national anthem.

I like the part that says "In brotherhood we stand"

Voice note o
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:13pm On May 23
Ok

We hardly recite it by heart so reverting doesn't make much difference.
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Anguldi(m): 8:13pm On May 23
APC and diversion of attention angry

5 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by HateBigots: 8:14pm On May 23
grin This lawmakers smoke weed before each session

Left all the problems we face as a nation to focus on national anthem that they cannot even recite lipsrsealed

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by bliizz: 8:14pm On May 23
Its good to know the lyrics but the one wey I no dey gree sing this days is "I pledge"

Na person wey see food chop dey pledge to a country wey dey show us shege
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Aliyu333: 8:14pm On May 23
Economy is in shambles, but hey why don't we bring back an old anthem to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Aposteli1(m): 8:14pm On May 23
Though I haven't heard the tone but I like the lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Twoclans(f): 8:14pm On May 23
Wetin concern hungry Nigerians with anthem.
Create a country that everybody will be proud of.The citizens will love the country genuinely.

You can't force us to love the country through an anthem abeg.

Mtweeeeeeeee.Lawmakers that are high on Colorado.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Whalis: 8:15pm On May 23
If they will follow my advice below they will never pass it into law .
Let it be passed any day either Tinubu or Akpabio can recite it offhand in a live telecast.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by MrSundry: 8:15pm On May 23
Politicians are good at distracting the masses from critical issues. All attention will now be on National Anthem, people will no longer talk about minimum wage, MPR and inflation rates again.

Next week, they would come up with another trivia issues before we know it, it's end of the year without any tangible growth in the economy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Firstcitizen: 8:15pm On May 23
In brotherhood we stand cheesy
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by kestolove95(m): 8:16pm On May 23
Ma start dey learn am
Re: Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' by Elzazzi: 8:16pm On May 23
illicit:
Hope it's not a colonial legacy

It is. Made up by the British lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uke Stampede (survivors Account) / GEJ Meets With Dangote, Otedola, Other Businessmen In Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Opposition Announces The Shadow Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.