Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Uke Stampede (survivors Account) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uke Stampede (survivors Account) (29311 Views)

Indicting Photos!! Picture Of Peter Obi Apga Campaigning At Uke Night Vigil / Obi In Uke Community This Morning To Confirm The Disaster Caused By APC / Apc Ngige Killed Dozens Of People In Ebube Muo Nso Adoration Ground Uke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by slimghost(m): 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
A survivor, Comrade Aloysius Attah, Chairman of the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) in Anambra State, who was at the vigil with his wife, recounted the stampede.
He said: “I was there and my heart is bleeding with all these stories making the rounds about the ugly incident. At a time everybody should be mourning, you can see they are politicising it. Why would it be so? I was there and if I wasn’t there, it would have been a different thing. I would have been deceived by all the stories I am reading and or hearing from some political quarters.
“What actually happened was that the Spiritual Director of the centre, Rev Fr Emmanuel Obimma, asked for the final prayer.
We raised our hands and prayed and at the end of the prayer, everybody started going home.
“I was with my wife. As we were going, we suddenly saw people rushing back and, judging the crowd that was unprecedented in the arena, I sensed that there would be a stampede and because we didn’t know what actually caused the rush back, I positioned myself to escape the possible ripple effect and rushed away from the traffic. I went the adjacent way.
“But, immediately in a spontaneous move, my wife was already under the surging crowd, but I mustered my last strength to shield her and I dragged her to my corner to save her from being trampled upon. It would have been a different story by now. At the end of the stampede, many were revived and those who were at the scene where it started revealed that somebody shouted, fire! fire! because of a spark from the frying pan of a woman at the road side frying plantain. People started rushing back, thinking it was a fire.
Attah said people should be concerned about the families of those who died and stop overheating the polity because of selfish concerns. He said the situation worsened because of the number of motorbikes on the road at the same time as some fell over motorbikes.
Another survivor, Ikwunne Nriezeadi, said he volunteered to assist in the revival of victims and to ferry others to the hospitals for medical attention. He said he heard people saying that it was politically- motivated.
“Whatever they are saying, I don’t want to take up issues with politicians who are mentioning peoples’ names.
“It was on the way back home that people started rushing back and started trampling on others. I personally heard people shouting ‘go back!’, ‘go back!’ and that caused panic and tension. So, we started assisting them to the hospitals and at the hospital they carried the dead into the mortuary.“
Another witness, Kenechukwu (surname withheld) insisted that the woman frying plantain was the secondary cause of the incident. He wondered why people should be shouting fire when such a huge crowd was surging.
Print Friendly

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/survivors-relive-anambra-stampede/
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by slimghost(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
I hope this puts a stop to all the lies going around. Let us respect the dead and not try to score cheap political points with such a tragedy! It's disgusting!

2 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
The church seems just to lack the organisational logistics to handle such crowd...

2 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kingbang: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam: The church seems just to lack the organisational logistics to handle such crowd...

Oh, now its the church and not Peter Obi again? Confused APC buttlicker.

14 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

Shut up your putrid mouth.....!!!!

The crowd from all accounts was too heavy for the adoration space.....the antics and presence of Obi to campaign just worsened an already terrible situation....it was a tragedy waiting to happen...and Obi ignited it.

35 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kingbang: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

Shut up your putrid mouth.....!!!!

The crowd from all accounts was too heavy for the adoration space.....the antics and presence of Obi to campaign just worsened an already terrible situation....it was a tragedy waiting to happen...and Obi ignited it.

Senseless urchin! FYI, the stampede occurred 3 hours after Obi had left, so what presence are we talking about here kid? Try and make use of your brains for once.

40 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by FrankC3: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
The All Progressives Congress has said Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State should be held responsible for the stampede at a vigil in Uke, Anambra State that left over 30 people dead, .....

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/anambra-stampede-apc-exonerates-ngige-blames-obi

This is a the political party that should be mourning the loss of lives playing politics with it less than 2hours after the event. Ngige should be ashamed of the kind of people he associates with, a group who have no love for the people he is trying to lead. Am I even saying, the guy even played politics with the deportation of those he is supposed to be representing in Abuja by blaming Peter Obi for not comming out to Bridge Head by 3am in the morning so that his party man can 'reunite' the weakest of his constituents with their families.

23 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

Senseless urchin! FYI, the stampede occurred 3 hours after Obi had left, so what presence are we talking about here kid? Try and make use of your brains for once.

Keep spinning .....what was Obi with his stooge in toe doing campaigning at a purely religious programme..? pray tell...when has an adoration ground become a campaign ground?

The spirits of the innocent and hapless people killed shall forever torment Obi and all those of you trying to betray these dead souls.

***I spit on your conscienceless soul***....!!

16 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kingbang: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

Keep spinning .....what was Obi with his stooge in toe doing campaigning at a purely religious programme..? pray tell...when has an adoration ground become a campaign ground?

The spirits of the innocent and hapless people killed shall forever torment Obi and all those of you trying to betray these dead souls.

Its obvious you are clutching at craws! What a senseless fellow!!! Your lies have been busted, so please allow the dead to rest in peace and stop your naked dance at the market square. Soulless creature.

24 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

Its obvious you are clutching at craws! What a senseless fellow!!! Your lies have been busted, so please allow the dead to rest in peace and stop your naked dance at the market square. Soulless creature.

Not so fast....I wont' allow you to easily scurry off here without placing a curse on your head if need be...

Why did he have to go to a religious ground with an APGA entourage wearing the trade mark aso-ebi.?

7 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kingbang: 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

Not so fast....I wont' allow you to easily scurry off here without placing a curse on your head if need be...

Why did he have to go to a religious ground with an APGA entourage wearing the trade mark aso-ebi.?

Because he was invited by the Organizers! Is that too difficult for your thick skull to assimilate? What has even his presence got to do with an event that happened 3 hours after he left? Oh, i forgot, his spirit stayed back to cause the stampede. Please make frequent use of your brains kid, its yours and you don't have to pay for it. Gosh!

18 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gerald09(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam: The church seems just to lack the organisational logistics to handle such crowd...
I do agree wif u on dis, d church didn't take precautions to control d crowd especially during opening and closing hours. If it was controlled the bikes won't be there also d woman frying stuff. Imagine if it was a really fire, with dat much uncontrolled crowd d stampede wuld have claimed even more life just like d ikeja boom blast

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by adino(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

@ gurnam
will you shut up, you stink of hypocrisy and idiocy.

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by fasho01(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
Those greedy politicians busy trading blames should be ashamed of themselves.

The typical scenario among our politicians. Using every little event to score cheap political points angry

2 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

Because he was invited by the Organizers! Is that too difficult for your thick skull to assimilate? What has even his presence got to do with an event that happened 3 hours after he left? Oh, i forgot, his spirit stayed back to cause the stampede. Please make frequent use of your brains kid, its yours and you don't have to pay for it. Gosh!

You are a muttonhead....don't you know there is a primary and remote causes of an event.

His presence had a direct bearing to the eventual stampede.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
adino:
@ gurnam
will you shut up, you stink of hypocrisy and idiocy.

You are a dolt....Mumu X 2

Use your God-given brain to think and analyse situations...stop acting sheepishly and gullibly.

You are a human being....not a goat, but you are acting like one.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kingbang: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

You are a muttonhead....don't you know there is a primary and remote causes of an event.

His presence had a direct bearing to the eventual stampede.

Direct bearing? Please explain that to us kid. We are waiting. You are worse than a scum I swear.

10 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:
Direct bearing? Please explain that to us kid. We are waiting. You are worse than a scum I swear.

You a bigger fool than I gave you credit for.....read what CAN (South East says) here and tell me who is more intelligent between us:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/04/uke-stampede-can-bans-political-campaigns-in-churches/

The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, South-East chapter has banned political campaigns in churches across the zone.

The ban followed the tragedy at Uke Adoration Ground, in Anambra State, which left over 25 persons dead and scores wounded.

CAN has also asked the Federal Government to immediately set up a panel of inquiry to investigate the remote causes of the incident.

It noted that the panel set up by Governor Peter Obi of Anambra was wrong as the governor could not be a judge in his own case.

Chairman of CAN in South East and the Bishop of Enugu Anglican Diocese, Rt. Rev. Dr. Emmanuel Chukwuma who handed down the order in an interview, on Monday said the group was becoming worried on how politicians come inside churches to campaign.

Chukwuma said that the tragic incident in Anambra is of great concern to CAN, adding that they sympathize with the relatives of the victims.

“It is my own duty as CAN chairman South-East to ban all politicians from attending our churches with their political teams for campaigns. The church should also stay clear of partisan politics because there are different kinds of people in the church that belong to different political parties.

“So, it’s wrong to come into the church and begin to talk about manifestos and begin to campaign. It is not going to be acceptable any more because it causes commotion and disrespect to one another.

“We appeal to priests, pastors, Bishops, clergymen to please avoid politicians coming to use churches as campaign arena. This does not augur well for our spiritual growth.

“We, therefore, urge the Federal government to set up investigation panel to find out what actually happened because we feel very much worried. Since the state government is involved, I think there should a neutral body for the investigation”, he noted.

Chukwuma described unfolding events in Anambra State as worrisome and urged the people of the state not to allow themselves to be bought over by money bags.

“They should be very clear on who they want to rule the state and the wish of God should be upheld.

“So, we hereby appeal to politicians to stay clear of our churches so that peace can reign and people be allowed to vote candidates of their choice. The mandate of the people must be respected in the coming election”, the Bishop stressed.

Let me hear you now insult CAN in the SE...If I will now place a curse on your Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by konn: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
May the souls of all the faithful's departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by snika: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
[b]First, they said Peter Obi was pelted with water at Ose Market, I asked folks who went. They said the stories were lies.

Secondly, akara woman caused stampede 3 hours after Peter Obi has left the venue (I confirmed from three different women who were present at the prayer). And the wicked APC-dominated press said it's Peter Obi (Ngige and Ifeanyi Uba came and spoke at the venue earlier that same night).

Why is Ngige, Fashola, Tinubu, Buhari and APC in general showing this kind of wickedness to Igbos? Is it because we are naturally more succesful than most?

50 years after they killed us in genocide, siezed our properties all over the country and left us empty handed, we still bounced back and zoomed past them in Individual development.

Even as they don't want to build anything in our land with our oil money, we still managed to build the ones we can by our own. That is why Igbo boys come to your land, makes money off your lazy laps, and zooms back home to build what they can with the little they have.

-Fashola 'deports' mad people to Upper Iweka
-Tinubu insults GEJ everyday
-Buhari supports Boko haram and tells us GEJ is the cause
-Ngige insults Igbo tradition by rallying on Ofala festival day
-Ngige insults Governor Peter Obi everyday on his Facebook page in the name of campaigning

-Ngige rigs our election in 2003 and boldly wasted our time for 3 years before the mandate was returned to Peter Obi. In a normal country where people do not reason with their anus, Ngige should be in jail for election rigging and fraud. Why is this short monster still showing his face in every election held in Anambra State? Please I need answers.

Long live Igbo[/b]

41 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kingbang: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

You a bigger fool than I gave you credit for.....read what CAN (South East says) here and tell me who is more intelligent between us:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/04/uke-stampede-can-bans-political-campaigns-in-churches/

Let me hear you now insult CAN in the SE...If I will now place a curse on your Igbo.

This shoes how daft you are! We have heard eye witness accounts and you are here spewing thrash? I hope your idiocy allows you to understand that the catholic church is no longer part of CAN. Get a life kid, you are a making a big fool of yourself here.

6 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by MrAboki: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
I wonder how the People blaming Peter Obi would be feeling right now...

Freecocoa... I dey greet you o!! grin
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by MrAboki: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

I have always blamed the church..

No Church in Nigeria pays any attention to safety.. Its only a matter of time before Redeemed and all these mega churches experience similar.

Was it not a few years back that 14 people dies at Reinhard Bonnke crusade in Nigeria?!

Churches are just happy to see a crowd of people.. Thats all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

This shoes how daft you are! We have heard eye witness accounts and you are here spewing thrash? I hope your idiocy allows you to understand that the catholic church is no longer part of CAN. Get a life kid, you are a making a big fool of yourself here.

You are the biggest fool and joke on this forum.....now your alibi to excuse the position of CAN is to say the Catholic Church is no longer part of CAN? How does that correlates to the indict given out to Obi?

The earlier the governor apologize to the members of the families of the victims for this calamity he brought them....the better for his life and all his supporters.

You ...all your gang...may the blood of those hapless and innocent kids that were killed squarely flow on you.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by obeenah40(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Confused country bt that's not my business sha.. Am On 4 front pages today cheesy tongue
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by 9jahubcom(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
hmmmmm
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Saraben(f): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
may God look upon us wt mercy and help us
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Kingsley1000(m): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

THIS WILL BE THE END OF CHURCH CAMPAIGN IN ANAMBRA....

2 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Nikapetrelli(f): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Rip to d death,Must some pple blame everything on poiltics
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by MrAboki: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

You are the biggest fool and joke on this forum.....now your alibi to excuse the position of CAN is to say the Catholic Church is no longer part of CAN? How does that correlates to the indict given out to Obi?

The earlier the governor apologize to the members of the families of the victims for this calamity he brought them....the better for his life and all his supporters.

You ...all your gang...may the blood of those hapless and innocent kids that were killed squarely flow on you.

SO the fact that Gov. Obi had left over 3 hours before the stampede happened does not matter. Just because he attended the crusade, makes him culpable..

Nna men!!

Odikwa very Egwu!!

11 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by franksunny(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
Such a lame account, people are entitle to what they believe. a fire from a woman frying plantain at the early hour of the day. that man sould be arrested along side with those politicians cos they are all the same from his account

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by buoye1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
So funny but I cnt laugh...Thnk God 4 u....RIP to d dead...I ll comment later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike / Pdp Senatorial Candidate Hospitalised After Defeat / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.