Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates (33841 Views)

Yari: It’s Unfair To Have Leaders Of Three Arms Of Government From The South / Kwara Assembly Stops Incoming Govt. From Dissolving LG Councils / Court Stops PDP From Dissolving Its Kano Executives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Kingdavid579(m): 8:35am On May 24
Impotent Court, Fruitless Order.

Nigeria Court fit only Sentence Yahoo boys and settle landlord and tenants issues.

Nothing more Nigeria court can do
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Akpakomiza2: 8:37am On May 24
fergie001:

It's just Kwankwaso asserting control.

I believe he should not have returned, perhaps influence someone to be there but you see POWER, politicians can't do without it.

As for Court, leave am.... Abba Gida/RMK will not listen to anybody.

It will be bad if sanusi ends up being dethroned by the apex court.he is a national/ international player and shouldn't limit himself.kwankwaso must not delve into
pettiness like ganduje afterall he started it in 2013 when he crowned sanusi to spite Gej.kano should be balkanized to engender faster development.
I feel senators Katie Britt or Rubio will make good running mate for Trump

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by gidyambi(m): 8:41am On May 24
SLS is the king, the court can NOT interfair with the proceeding of the law makers.

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Max24: 8:44am On May 24
ozijay:
A stolen mandate is a stolen mandate everyone knows what Tinubu and his gangs did meanwhile the same power should be used to rescue the ailing economy, they should also rig the economy into prosperity.

Hope Obis boy, Otti is paying above Tinubu's minimum wage. After all your Agulu messiah can give him all the ideas to turn Abia to Dubai.
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Trustyourself: 8:48am On May 24
[quote author=Dapromzy333 post=130111192]

https://platinumtimes.ng/breaking-court-bars-kano-govt-from-restoring-sanusi-ii/
[/quotein

In Nigeria, it's only on election matters that Court orders are obeyed.

I doubt if this kangaroo ruling will stand...
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Max24: 8:48am On May 24
OredoPikin:

Zombies is when u support Tinubu and APC.
There is no zombism that can be equated to that
Zombeism is when you believe some who never built a single school in 8 years as gov can change Nigerias education sector not to talk of economy. Believing someone with no viable investment in Anambra after 8 years. That's Zombieism !

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by fergie001: 8:49am On May 24
Akpakomiza2:

It will be bad if sanusi ends up being dethroned by the apex court.he is a national/ international player and shouldn't limit himself.kwankwaso must not delve into
pettiness like ganduje afterall he started it in 2013 when he crowned sanusi to spite Gej.kano should be balkanized to engender faster development.
I feel senators Katie Britt or Rubio will make good running mate for Trump
The Apex Court won't do anything.
The lawmakers sat and made a decision, exactly as the former Assembly members did 4 years ago.

I believe the Obong of Calabar is the Supreme traditional ruler, then one Gov who doesn't like him, goes there and balkanise the traditional Council for faster development.

What does the traditional ruler do to foster development?
The LG chair is there nah......

For the US, I have little interests there since it's familiar foe
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by tnerro1(m): 8:49am On May 24
correctyourself:
What surprises me here is that, the judge gave an order late yesterday, and certified true copy was also ready that same day, so government officials are so fast with discharging their responsibility?

Since when did they become so effective? grin the officials that , once it's 3:30pm they're already outside office waiting for their staff bus? grin grin

WereyπŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Bimpe29: 8:50am On May 24
You can say that again πŸ˜‰
mushroomFarm:
Court can do nothing about something already decided by the legislature. It is the new law and the court must obey it

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Akpakomiza2: 9:00am On May 24
fergie001:

The Apex Court won't do anything.
The lawmakers sat and made a decision, exactly as the former Assembly members did 4 years ago.

I believe the Obong of Calabar is the Supreme traditional ruler, then one Gov who doesn't like him, goes there and balkanise the traditional Council for faster development.

What does the traditional ruler do to foster development?
The LG chair is there nah......

For the US, I have little interests there since it's familiar foe

You are missing it.in the core north,the Emirates system and districts are another levels of government,they are powerful unlike down south.those are parallel levers of government.you know the LG chairs are mere appendages.some emirs are more powerful and revered than governors.all states with emirates have several emirs not just one so Kano too should be divided.besides,Rano and Bichi used to be autonomous Emirates in the past...how can one emir control 44 lgas? Haba.
Before the British came,the Oba of Benin ruled the entire Edo but now limited to Edo south.Alaafin ruled the entire Oyo but now limited to 5 lgas behind Olubadan.Obong ruled the whole akwa cross but now just has one and half LGA.i can go on and on.kano must follow suit in the spirit of federalism, decentralization and restructuring.

You keenly followed 2020 and 2016 u.s polls that is why I brought it up.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Apel147(m): 9:15am On May 24
Curse as many times you wanna but obi still won't be president 😜😜😜🀣

PepeXKermit:

How can court be going against something that is already law? Cruise nation🀣🀣
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Jostoman: 9:35am On May 24
Goodvibes007:

They celebrate when the court throws them a win, but start shouting corrupt judiciary when the judgement doesn't favour them lol.

Anyway, I do hope Sanusi is actually reinstated, and he needs to stay out of politics after, else politician would make a mess of that Emir of Kano seat.
Oga you and your friend should congratulate Sanusi and move on. Nobody can stop the moving Vehicle
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Snowx: 9:41am On May 24
Forget this gra gra court is doing.. Sanusi will be reinstated..
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Masterito(m): 9:48am On May 24
Omo some judges e deserve to be sacked. I wonder if they even understand why they practice.
mushroomFarm:
Court can do nothing about something already decided by the legislature. It is the new law and the court must obey it

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 9:52am On May 24
Max24:

Nothing, my bros. As long as it's not against Tinubu or any of it's supporters, it must be bad judiciary. Just like when a third was not allowed to overtake to first, judiciary was corrupt For Obi supporters any judgement against Tinubu or his aides is perfect judgement no matter the facts. They are the real definition of Zombies !

Obi's supporters hate Hope Uzodimma, where fourth overtook first.

Don't be daft.
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by NAC1666: 9:53am On May 24
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Lordsonn: 10:07am On May 24
Confirmedzombie:

But court has power to stop the laws enacted by Rivers lawmakers abi
The court did not stop the law in River State. The court only nullified the process and it renders the law invalid. The assembly was not properly constituted according to the provisions of the law, that is why
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by fergie001: 10:24am On May 24
Akpakomiza2:

You are missing it.in the core north,the Emirates system and districts are another levels of government,they are powerful unlike down south.those are parallel levers of government.you know the LG chairs are mere appendages.some emirs are more powerful and revered than governors.all states with emirates have several emirs not just one so Kano too should be divided.besides,Rano and Bichi used to be autonomous Emirates in the past...how can one emir control 44 lgas? Haba.
Before the British came,the Oba of Benin ruled the entire Edo but now limited to Edo south.Alaafin ruled the entire Oyo but now limited to 5 lgas behind Olubadan.Obong ruled the whole akwa cross but now just has one and half LGA.i can go on and on.kano must follow suit in the spirit of federalism, decentralization and restructuring.
Well, they know better for themselves.

You keenly followed 2020 and 2016 u.s polls that is why I brought it up.
I did, but don't know why I am not interested..... Maybe same as Edo grin
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Agadinaagwuofe: 10:26am On May 24
[quote author=casualobserver post=130112102]Kingship and traditional rulers are a state matter, Kings are not recognized under federal law. [b]What is the business of the federal high court?[/[/b]quote]

I really don't think the judge made an error in the judgement. What the applicant is praying for is that the law enacted by the Kano assembly is against the fundamental rights which is a federal law hence federal high court taking jurisdiction. I know quite well that any state law that's antithetical to the federal law is void which is what the applicant needs to prove.

So the business of the federal high court is because the applicant is saying the law is against the federal constitution which is fundamental rights of the citizens.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by OredoPikin: 10:38am On May 24
Max24:

Zombeism is when you believe some who never built a single school in 8 years as gov can change Nigerias education sector not to talk of economy. Believing someone with no viable investment in Anambra after 8 years. That's Zombieism !
Zombism is well u actually believed obi didn't build school for 8yrs
Zombism is after seeing his legacies in education manifesting daily both national and international and still come here to type nonsense
Zombism is when he was the only gov during his time that allow external auditors from ecowas to audit his administration finances but still doubt him
Zombism is when he won best governor on numerous occasions even when he was the only governor on the platform of APGA and still come here to display stupidity

Zombism is when u are very stupid and will remain stupid for the rest of ur life
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by casualobserver: 10:54am On May 24
[quote author=Agadinaagwuofe post=130115923][/quote]

I agree and if you read my posts on the matter I said it was only a ruse to obtain an ex-parte order which by definition is temporary and will expire on the 3rd June. It’s just skulduggery. Either 1) the ex parte order will expire 2) the other party will appear and they will have to prove the non existent human rights violation or 3) the case will be dismissed for lack of jurisdiction if they try to delve into chieftancy or traditional ruler mattters.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by AngelicBeing: 11:13am On May 24
Oluwole, Jankara, kulikuli Rubbish injunction , next news jare cheesy
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by press9jatv: 11:14am On May 24
Sanusi will be reinstates back to the palace and be given staff of office today in Kano. Judiciary arm of government is highly different from legislative arm of government.
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Akpakomiza2: 11:24am On May 24
fergie001:

Well, they know better for themselves.

I did, but don't know why I am not interested..... Maybe same as Edo grin

From what I gathered via the judgment of the apex court via jsc obaseki,fhc has no jurisdiction on chieftaincy matters except a recent judgment has overhauled things.

Lol,me and you know you are heavily interested but hiding it due to your status here or maybe because it still months away.on the eve,it will be rekindled.or maybe the mistakes of obaseki
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by kedeojo(m): 11:56am On May 24
Goodvibes007:

They celebrate when the court throws them a win, but start shouting corrupt judiciary when the judgement doesn't favour them lol.

Anyway, I do hope Sanusi is actually reinstated, and he needs to stay out of politics after, else politician would make a mess of that Emir of Kano seat.
Sanusi was the cause of his dethronement because he played open politics and went to endorse the same Governor when he contested against Ganduje in 2019. If he like let him continue because if by any chance Ganduje loyalist win in 2027 then bye bye to him again. Why I like the Oba of Benin is that he won't open endorse anybody but his foot soldiers will do the underground work. As it is now, go and mark it down Obaseki will not be succeeded by his friend Ighodalo. I don't really know who the palace will support between Akpata and Okpebohlo but the later has gotten more political heavyweight to his side and Oba may just tactically support him because Akpata from Edo south, same with Obaseki. When Sanusi was removed some nairaland were rejoicing and went to say that Godluck head catch me. Now they have become is supporters. Brainless and myopic followers of Obi. When you see Obidients who are mostly his tribe, you will no that their desperation is to produce a president. I have evidences of how Obi was insulted as governor but now his a sudden messiah. Wike used to be their favorite but no longer now, just because he didn't support Obi's presidency. Obi was so desperate to visit Wike thrice and pleaded with him to support him for president and he Wike to keep the governorship to his party. What a clown and selfish politician. Only bad news about other zone he so much cherish to say but turn dumb about south east ones.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by ChukwuObe: 1:12pm On May 24
potent5:
Let's see who will obey the court order in a lawless country like Nigeria.

But many fools want the courts in Rivers state against the 27 lawmakers obeyed but this one should not be obeyed. Is this typical of baby factory products?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by ChukwuObe: 1:15pm On May 24
kedeojo:
Sanusi was the cause of his dethronement because he played open politics and went to endorse the same Governor when he contested against Ganduje in 2019. If he like let him continue because if by any chance Ganduje loyalist win in 2027 then bye bye to him again. Why I like the Oba of Benin is that he won't open endorse anybody but his foot soldiers will do the underground work. As it is now, go and mark it down Obaseki will not be succeeded by his friend Ighodalo. I don't really know who the palace will support between Akpata and Okpebohlo but the later has gotten more political heavyweight to his side and Oba may just tactically support him because Akpata from Edo south, same with Obaseki. When Sanusi was removed some nairaland were rejoicing and went to say that Godluck head catch me. Now they have become is supporters. Brainless and myopic followers of Obi. When you see Obidients who are mostly his tribe, you will no that their desperation is to produce a president. I have evidences of how Obi was insulted as governor but now his a sudden messiah. Wike used to be their favorite but no longer now, just because he didn't support Obi's presidency. Obi was so desperate to visit Wike thrice and pleaded with him to support him for president and he Wike to keep the governorship to his party. What a clown and selfish politician. Only bad news about other zone he so much cherish to say but turn dumb about south east ones.

God bless you brother. You know them very well but don't forget they are called Gbajue mob for the same reason
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Max24: 2:07pm On May 24
OredoPikin:

Zombism is well u actually believed obi didn't build school for 8yrs
Zombism is after seeing his legacies in education manifesting daily both national and international and still come here to type nonsense
Zombism is when he was the only gov during his time that allow external auditors from ecowas to audit his administration finances but still doubt him
Zombism is when he won best governor on numerous occasions even when he was the only governor on the platform of APGA and still come here to display stupidity

Zombism is when u are very stupid and will remain stupid for the rest of ur life
Anambra had always done well in education before Obi. Obi was not the factor. If Obi built school why didn't you post for Reno to give you $11,000 ? Keep deluding yourselves. This is exactly what annoyed Soludo to say Obis investments in Anambra is currently next to nothing. He said it because of Obis zombies like yourself. Why didn't Obi disprove him. He went silent. If Obi had said Jack Soludo would have further exposed his yansh.
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by OredoPikin: 2:54pm On May 24
Max24:

Anambra had always done well in education before Obi. Obi was not the factor. If Obi built school why didn't you post for Reno to give you $11,000 ? Keep deluding yourselves. This is exactly what annoyed Soludo to say Obis investments in Anambra is currently next to nothing. He said it because of Obis zombies like yourself. Why didn't Obi disprove him. He went silent. If Obi had said Jack Soludo would have further exposed his yansh.
Lolz
Now i have confirmed 100% that u are a fool.
U know zero about Anambra
Why was the governor between 1999 to 2003 Chinwoke Mbadinuju sacked from returning back?
Schools in Anambra were completely dilapidated. Schools were closed for one year in that state
Insecurity was the highest
Obasenjo made sure Chinwoke Mbadinuju never got PDP second term ticket because of how tatter the state was
Hatred wont allow u people to make research

The same soludo became gov via Obi works.
Go and check all his campaigns, na always obi model of governance he said he will follow

The same Reno called Obi the best governor in Nigeria ever

Ozuor

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by StJasper(m): 3:37pm On May 24
shadrach77:

With due respect you lack wisdom sir. No court can void a law passed by the legislative arm of a state and signed into law by the state governor cry

Excuse me, it is glaring that you really don't know what you are saying. A court can declare any law null and void if the law fails test of fairness and equity.

Please, go and ask a real lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Metrofox(m): 4:13pm On May 24
This nonsense backyard court injunctions that was introduced by the useless apc
Re: Sanusi II: Court Bars Kano Government From Dissolving Emirates by Metrofox(m): 4:14pm On May 24
This nonsense backyard court injunctions that was introduced by the useless apc is now a trend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt / Yahaya Bello Buys Groundnut During Inspection In Kogi. PICS / Governor Ikpeazu Flags Off Road Construction In Aba(pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.