Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,959 members, 7,863,405 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion (4599 Views)

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff / More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Mull Tariff Increment / Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by HateBigots: 7:36am On May 24
Charging people for darkness grin
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Denko2721987(m): 7:55am On May 24
MrIcredible:
MANY NIGERIANS USING PREPAID METERS DON'T PAY FOR ELECTRICITY. THEY TAP AND BYPASS THE METER TO USE THE LIGHT DIRECTLY.

SOME USE THE NORMAL CONNECTION DURING DAY AND USE THE ILLEGAL CONNECTION AT NIGHT....

I have written several complaints to those senseless and useless EKEDC several times about my neighbours that have been using electricity illegally for about 3 years now without response or even coming around to investigate.

MOST NIGERIANS ARE CRIMINALS BUT THEY WANT GOOD GOVERNANCE.

Pls stop giving this government excuses for failure and fallacy of generalization.. Just becos u know one person who bypasses doesn't mean everybody bypasses. Everywhere around the world, people exploit loopholes which is a general human thing and not unique to only Nigerians and this is why every organization or system should have mechanisms in place to make sure these loopholes are dynamically closed to avoid been exploited.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by symbianDON(m): 8:14am On May 24
helinues:
It's becoming profitable right?

Good

Now imagine if they go fully after government agencies who are owningowing billions
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by symbianDON(m): 8:19am On May 24
MrIcredible:
MANY NIGERIANS USING PREPAID METERS DON'T PAY FOR ELECTRICITY. THEY TAP AND BYPASS THE METER TO USE THE LIGHT DIRECTLY.

SOME USE THE NORMAL CONNECTION DURING DAY AND USE THE ILLEGAL CONNECTION AT NIGHT....

I have written several complaints to those senseless and useless EKEDC several times about my neighbours that have been using electricity illegally for about 3 years now without response or even coming around to investigate.

where i live, everyone uses prepaid meters but NOT ONE SINGLE METER is bypassed. By the way, MOST NIGERIANS ARE NOT CRIMINALS!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by skj1377(m): 8:38am On May 24
Cost reflective tariff my arse Did you not devalue the Naira bay 400%. Did you increase wages my similar amounts Besides, how do you determine the cost. Am aware those power infrastructures have been paid for over 60yrs. Those infrastructures are solid state and have no moving parts so what exactly are you subsidizing. All your doing is telling us the Naira equivalent is abysmal to what developed countries pay for electricity.
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Ance4Liverpool: 8:51am On May 24
MrIcredible:

you are enemy of progress who gossip like women
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by francisisking: 8:54am On May 24
Wetin consine you? Una go dey do wetin them no send una
MrIcredible:

Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by commoditiesnig: 8:58am On May 24
We need more adequate power
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Apel147(m): 9:05am On May 24
And na ur people dey jails all over the world because of drug trafficking oh! What an irony 😂😜

AqualinaXYZ:
Money we Tinubu go use sniff cocaine with one nose

E no go even reach am to do two nose
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Basicend: 9:06am On May 24
How much is 629 billion?. . Is it up to what Tinubu and his cohorts and previous oil and finance ministers steal in one day?

They should keep subsidizing electricity for the masses and stop making noise. . This noise is too much.
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Padipadi: 9:07am On May 24
helinues:

Good

Now imagine if they go fully after government agencies who are owning billions
And what's stopping them from doing so?
People are willing to pay for a service that's working well. Not all the poor services discos have been tendering since 2022 February.
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Teenaira: 9:13am On May 24
Kaa4:
BUt why is it that the Discos cannot supply meters. The money and charges being taken from unmetered and unregsutred consumers, where does the money go?

The disco are intentionally not providing meters. They know quite well that if they provide meters they can not overbill customers. I will illustrate with a real life situation in my area, Akute IE. There is a lady who travels out of the country frequently and atimes she may be out for 6 months. Every time she gets back she gets about six months bill she has to clear before they will connect her light. So she complained furiously. Now the IE manager said the issue is that she doesn't usually inform them in writing when traveling out. Then on her next trip, she wrote and get them to sign off an acknowledgement copy. Loo and behold, when she got back she got even a larger bill. So she decided to come over to scatter the IE office in our area. I don't know how the matter ended but this is just absurd to say the least.
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by maasoap(m): 9:15am On May 24
All excuses just take away every bebefit deserved by Nigerian masses by the government.
They said I'm on band A but no power supply since 4am yesterday grin grin grin. I used generator to charge my phone a little yesterday morning before going out, the same thing today. Scam!!
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by maasoap(m): 9:20am On May 24
MrIcredible:

Who told you that they don't go around looking for illegal connection?
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by Teenaira: 9:29am On May 24
jmoore:
If everyone was given prepaid meter, the subsidy won't be much.

Most of the current subsidy is for darkness supplied.

Some people are just playing games with us. Is it such a difficult project to allow every household to have prepaid meter. If government claims they are paying the cost of prepaid meter to every electricity user, then I will call that real subsidy. On the alternative, why can't we have the cost of the prepaid meter spread over a period, say 5 years and automatically deduct the cost at every recharge, let's say 10% of every recharge goes to offset meter cost. The distribution companies are stealing big time from customers through overbilling and stealing also from government by claiming subsidy. Just a hopeless situation.
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by themanderon: 11:20am On May 24
Something doesn't add up here. Are we now paying subsidy for darkness and yet customers are still paying for the same darkness through estimated billing.
If this subsidy nonsense is investigated you will discover the massive fraud going on there.
Nigeria!!!
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by masseratti: 6:08pm On May 24
Teenaira:

The disco are intentionally not providing meters. They know quite well that if they provide meters they can not overbill customers. I will illustrate with a real life situation in my area, Akute IE. There is a lady who travels out of the country frequently and atimes she may be out for 6 months. Every time she gets back she gets about six months bill she has to clear before they will connect her light. So she complained furiously. Now the IE manager said the issue is that she doesn't usually inform them in writing when traveling out. Then on her next trip, she wrote and get them to sign off an acknowledgement copy. Loo and behold, when she got back she got even a larger bill. So she decided to come over to scatter the IE office in our area. I don't know how the matter ended but this is just absurd to say the least.
similar thing happened to me in Lagos ,was out of town for 3 months and they brought bill that i should pay..I told thek how can I pay for light i did not use for 3 months ,I even remove the cut out sef ..it wasn't funny at all .
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by MrIcredible: 8:42pm On May 24
francisisking:
Wetin consine you? Una go dey do wetin them no send una
Are you one of the criminals?
You don't deserve a good government.
Your days are numbered...
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by MrIcredible: 8:43pm On May 24
Ance4Liverpool:
you are enemy of progress who gossip like women
You're a criminal and criminals don't deserve goodness and mercies.
You want your leaders to be honest and truthful, whereas, you steal and cheat...

1 Like

Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by owem19(m): 9:17pm On May 24
Trash
helinues:

Good

Now imagine if they go fully after government agencies who are owning billions
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by owem19(m): 9:20pm On May 24
Bloody
rotadeco27:
The way this light is stable now shows that someone just like to suffer us before.
Even my Gen don rest and no noise again in the estate. Reviewing the whole thing, it more economical with this system than the former epileptic pattern in which 5k fuel will last just for 6-7hrs. Now with 40k per months ,Iam covered with at least 22 -24hrs power supply.
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by francisisking: 7:46am On May 25
MrIcredible:

Are you one of the criminals?
You don't deserve a good government.
Your days are numbered...
where is the good government... Nonsense and BATerias
Re: Electricity Subsidy Gulps ₦‎629 Billion As Discos Generate ₦‎1.1 Trillion by automine(m): 9:30pm On May 28
Hello house. Please i need some clarification on this from anyone who might know,

Does the law say you can not share single prepaid or postpaid account or meter with your neighbors? In other words, does the say 2 or 3 neighbors living in the same property must have separate prepaid or postpaid accounts?

Please I need clarification about the position of law with respect to this.

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protwerkers Twerking / Anambra NLC Declares Fasting And Prayer Over Government Neglect / GEJ On Shakara Mood As US Experts Come For Ebola Tutorials(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.