Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,991 members, 7,863,543 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom (27440 Views)

Ministry Of Works Replies Critics of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech / Results Collation Begins In Rivers State (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by hammer567: 7:30am On May 24
membranus:

You go soon use your mouth to enter wahala by thinking that Nairaland is a safe place for you to insult, curse and abuse government functionaries and other tribes without retribution, of which it is not.

I pity you.

TINUBU COASTAL ROAD IS LIKE HIS LUXURY YACHT, NEW PRIVATE JET AND NEW PRESIDENTIAL PALACE IN LAGOS.

HE IS THINKING ABOUT PLEASURE LIKE AN EMPREROR .

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by hammer567: 7:33am On May 24
TINUBU THINKS HE IS PRESIDENT OF LAGOS.

THIS IS A MAN THAT MOVED CBN FROM ABUJA TO LAGOS AND NOW WANT TO DESTROY VIRGIN FOREST AND NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL COASTLINE WITH ROAD CONSTRUCTON THAT CAN NEVER FINISH, BECAUSE HE DONT WANT SS TO HAVE DEEPSEAPORT.

EVEN IF TINUBU NA MY PAPA, I WILL PERSONALLY UNSEAT HIM.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Gbogbowa: 7:34am On May 24
Goodvibes007:

They have been peeping and avoiding to comment on the thread. Lol..Waiting for the brave ones among them to drop their usual negative replies.
do think we are a fool like BATeria, Tinubu aim is to kill Apapa sea port and Open up Lagos lekki sea port to the world with Nigeria money. The govt has failed already and will continue to fail because most of their plan and projects are for selfish motives.they are building a road they will not finish so that they can use it to campaign for second term in office when Nigeria suffer hunger and insecurity

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by lexy2014: 7:35am On May 24
membranus:

You are his friend and of the same political hues, so I have no problem with you supporting his inanities.

you have not answered my questions.

you said
membranus:
We have heard your paltry and bigotry filled submission.
Next?

how is his submission filled with bigotry? can you identify the bigotry in his submission?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by vibratingpenis: 7:36am On May 24
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Coastal roads draws a lot of tourist into the country that those roads are domiciled.

How?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by vibratingpenis: 7:37am On May 24
Ibrahimcoomasie:

I like how to critisize. We all have to ensure they get the job done.

have you asked how it will be funded?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Inspirer1: 7:38am On May 24
Wike
Umahi
Tunji-Ojo

Nothing more.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by yemclef(m): 7:43am On May 24
lonelydora:
Another white elephant project that will soon be abandoned.
Why do you intentionally become a pessimist?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by membranus: 7:46am On May 24
lexy2014:

you have not answered my questions.

you said

how is his submission filled with bigotry? can you identify the bigotry in his submission?

Oga Lawyer, I am not in any court of jurisdiction, thus bound to answer your queries. The person I replied has not contested my words, and has neither appointed you as his legal representative. So why are you taking panadol for another person's headache?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:47am On May 24
vibratingpenis:

have you asked how it will be funded?
How.it will be funded has been explained like a 100 times by Umahi. You Obidient boys need to start reading instead of waiting for feeds from the likes of Hundeyin.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Jossybj1984(m): 7:52am On May 24
Please why can't we promote peace and harmony.are we that badly raised by our parents that we couldn't be polite friendly and promote solid unity with other people irrespective of country,tribe,ethinicity it disgusting to pick fight with any post learn from your fore Father Nigeria is not know for racist's.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by winkmart: 7:56am On May 24
EmeeNaka:
We have forced them to start at Calabar and Akwa ibom. It was never their initial plan, otherwise they would have said it since the pressure was mounted on them. Now let's see what they've got.

Hopefully you'll be alive to see the finishing

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by cjudy(m): 8:05am On May 24
Goodvibes007:

They have been peeping and avoiding to comment on the thread. Lol..Waiting for the brave ones among them to drop their usual negative replies.
Una be real Zone B. What’s exciting here?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Dafresh: 8:05am On May 24
Goodvibes007:

If only you had paid attention instead of listening to gbajue propaganda in your echo chambers. It was stated weeks ago before the governors conference or obong of calabar's speech that phase 3 will start from Calabar in July. Now they are starting weeks earlier which is even better. This was likely brought forward to shutdown naysayers like yourself.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/12/umahi-sets-eight-year-timeline-for-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-completion/
Oga the project have been abandoned because of Submarine cables. So many businesses lost due to demolition
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Rebelutionary: 8:09am On May 24
opamoses1:
Excellent. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Umahi previously said section 3 and 4 would have a July start, but May start is acceptable too.
But for funding constraints, EVERY project be it Federal or State should run this way. Construction happening at multiple points of the project. Nigeria needs an infrastructural revolution and it should happen this fast or faster. This is how industrialised countries like Singapore and Dubai got to where they are today this fast.

Kudos to the President and the works Minister for this multi-pronged approach to this project.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:17am On May 24
This one Una dey start at am half half.. make the whole section align ooo.. grin grin.
As a civil engineer,I know that reference points matters alot in construction, especially making sure all structures are in their right positions..
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by EXPRESSSMAN: 8:23am On May 24
Propaganda as usual. Tell us if the section 3 and 4 you mentioned were awarded to a different company or the same company handling section 1.

When we tell them, that it is not about what they said, they say we don't like good things.

I gave that road a minimum completion time of 25 years. Go mark it if you are interested in the project.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Segzy19: 8:25am On May 24
Apoda! Oya go and abandon it now

lonelydora:
Another white elephant project that will soon be abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Enugurangers: 8:28am On May 24
Gbogbowa:
do think we are a fool like BATeria, Tinubu aim is to kill Apapa sea port and Open up Lagos lekki sea port to the world with Nigeria money. The govt has failed already and will continue to fail because most of their plan and projects are for selfish motives.they are building a road they will not finish so that they can use it to campaign for second term in office when Nigeria suffer hunger and insecurity
You are not making any sense.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by lexy2014: 8:29am On May 24
membranus:

Oga Lawyer, I am not in any court of jurisdiction, thus bound to answer your queries. The person I replied has not contested my words, and has neither appointed you as his legal representative. So why are you taking panadol for another person's headache?

did tinubu appoint you to be his legal representative and to take panadol for his headache? if you are not in court, how come you passed a judgement on what some one said? are you a judge?

membranus:
We have heard your paltry and bigotry filled submission.
Next?

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Enugurangers: 8:30am On May 24
ogelekpomgam:
This one Una dey start at am half half.. make the whole section align ooo.. grin grin.
As a civil engineer,I know that reference points matters alot in construction, especially making sure all structures are in their right positions..
I have seen several highway project broken down into several sections..this wouldn't be the first neither would it be the last. It will surely align..I am a civil as well with MSc in transport eng
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Putinofrussia: 8:31am On May 24
EmeeNaka:
We have forced them to start at Calabar and Akwa ibom. It was never their initial plan, otherwise they would have said it since the pressure was mounted on them. Now let's see what they've got.
That means Tinubu is a listening president.
Kudos to him.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by commoditiesnig: 8:35am On May 24
[quote author=adamusuleiman1 post=130111581][/quote]
Very good..
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by emonis88: 8:38am On May 24
Good news
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by lexy2014: 8:38am On May 24
membranus:

Majority of all federal roads are in relatively good conditions, considering the tropical environment of the country. Tell your state governors to fix the ones linking their communities and their intra-city road systems. The FG cannot do everything with their limited resources.

The Tinubu government must leave a lasting structural legacy benefitting the large expanse of the country, and the Lagos - Calabar coastal roads project is one of them.

what are the benefits the large expanse of the country will benefit from the Lagos-Calabar coastal road project?

what do you mean by "relatively" good condition and which roads in particular are you referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGsHVlz-Jo

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by lexy2014: 8:40am On May 24
Putinofrussia:

That means Tinubu is a listening president.
Kudos to him.

if he is listening, how come he is building a new road when the federal roads in the region are bad? if he is listening, how come he has not improved standard of living? if he is listening, how come he has been able to tackle corruption?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGsHVlz-Jo
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by commoditiesnig: 8:40am On May 24
seunmsg:

Yes, I’m irredeemably patriotic and optimistic of a better Nigeria while you’re an irredeemably bitter and pessimistic person who don’t want to hear good news about the country simply because a useless Peter Obi lost the election.
Gbam! God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:52am On May 24
I seriously don't understand how a country will be talking about constructing roads when the fuel that the citizens will use to ply the all golden tourist road is hitting #900 per liter....

Am still wondering, how a Country is building a heavenly road when bandits and kidnappers have not left the existing roads as government has made it clear that they can't handle such issues...

Am still worried , how the supporters of Government, found it compromising that only South Easterners are not happy about the road, therefore they hate South Southerners....lols

Am still wondering, how a government is yet to tackle food inflation, insecurity and all have you, yet building a road with trillions of Naira is the best they can offer at the moment....

If you think you know this government of APC well and all I said are fallacies, make a projection of how this Government will subdue the current tides and waves of Inflation pushing the economy to a more deeper landslide...

Why Umahi , President, Senate , Governors etc are seeing the road as a good venture is just because the hunger in Nigeria does not affect their families, and as the economy of Nigeria gets worst, their allowances, also gets renewed and gets fats....

But the masses are left to die in their dilapidated homes or have patience with a clueless Government ...lols

There is more hope for a fool, than for a wise Government of APC that sees from their eyes ...
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by lonelydora: 8:57am On May 24
yemclef:
Why do you intentionally become a pessimist?

Because unlike you, I still have my brain intact and face realities.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by Jonjam269: 9:18am On May 24
Shame to all the Obingo and his deluded obirodent miscreants.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway: Construction Begins In Calabar And Akwa Ibom by membranus: 9:20am On May 24
lexy2014:

did tinubu appoint you to be his legal representative and to take panadol for his headache? if you are not in court, how come you passed a judgement on what some one said? are you a judge?

Continue to ask till kingdom come then like a broken record player.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Forget 2019, Nigerians Are Hungry - Atiku / Pantami Blocks Twitter Users Who Questioned Silence On Zamfara, Katsina Killings / Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.