Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,785 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:28 AM

Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS (8964 Views)

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Bread Price May Rise By 10% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by phorget(m): 10:58am On May 24
PHZADDY1:
Any day a tinubu supporter here goes out to buy anything and wows at the price of such Comodity or try to argue with the seller,may that urchin never live to see the next day.Amen

I follow you say ”AMEN” to this beautiful prayer, anyday any of them grumbles regarding the economy may thunder fire their anus and the brain together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Didijiji: 11:02am On May 24
MIG

Mumus in government

soooooo clueless

Yesterday they blamed global demand

FIP

fuuls in power

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Confirm4real(m): 11:03am On May 24
Only Agbadorians are buying things cheap cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Chaolin: 11:04am On May 24
Ofunaofu:
"The 140% price rise in basic foods is not a bad situation. Nigeria's case is not as bad as being portrayed, especially when compared to what is happening in America, the UK, and other countries. In fact, due to the economic policies put in place by the Tinubu administration, it could have been above a 500% price rise.

The government needs to be commended because enormous efforts are being put in place to make sure basic food prices are within the reach of the common man".
- Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to the president on Information and Strategy.

You talking rubbish, supporting failure because he is from the waste management republic like you
Bastard gerre out of here
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Chaolin: 11:08am On May 24
benuejosh:
food is cheap up North but expensive from South East.

You guys think what you're doing will hurt Tinubu and paint him bad but it's your people who are suffering it.

Nonsense.....

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Jughead29: 11:11am On May 24
But minimum wage can even increase, Na wao
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Chaolin: 11:11am On May 24
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But the people weeping and looting truck are not SE

And the people crying ebin kpa mi are still not igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by theredaddy: 11:18am On May 24
Watianoengineer:
Things are not as expensive as people make it seem. We nigerians are more wicked by inflating the prices unnecessarily.

President Bola Tinubu is working hard to stabilize the economy and tho it won't be an easy ride but we will all smile at the end of these reforms.

May this Administration favour me and my Family. Amen

Oga things are very Expensive what is baffling in the "calmness & resilience" of Nigerians in the middle of "inflation plague"

At what point will nigerians realize we have gotten to the "wall" and turn back to face whatever is chasing us, even a goat has a limit

I supported and voted for BAT, But truth be told Tinubu administration is not working for the people, seems what Tinubu is just after Revenue drive, more money to share and political compensation.

Regardless of the money you have in your account if you visit the market now you will "NAGG" .. its crazy out there !
we can't blame the traders the govt has not done anything to protect farmers or make diesel/fuel affordable, these are major factors with adverse effect on cost

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Villa12(m): 11:21am On May 24
CodeTemplar:
pained loser.
suffering and smiling grin

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Villa12(m): 11:22am On May 24
benuejosh:

You guys think what you're doing will hurt Tinubu and paint him bad but it's your people who are suffering it.
suffering and smiling is that you? grin

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Villa12(m): 11:36am On May 24
theredaddy:

Oga things are very Expensive what is baffling in the "calmness & resilience" of Nigerians in the middle of "inflation plague"

At what point will nigerians realize we have gotten to the "wall" and turn back to face whatever is chasing us, even a goat has a limit

I supported and voted for BAT, But truth be told Tinubu administration is not working for the people, seems what Tinubu is just after Revenue drive, more money to share and political compensation.

Regardless of the money you have in your account if you visit the market now you will "NAGG" .. its crazy out there !
we can't blame the traders the govt has not done anything to protect farmers or make diesel/fuel affordable, these are major factors with adverse effect on cost
why would have to support such an entity at first? An old serial man that caged lagosians? I am a yoruba man like you but i never supported Tinubu for a second. You're part of the problem we're going through today with your wrong choice.

5 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:40am On May 24
That garri own still dey shock me, a paint now #4,000

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by symbianDON(m): 11:44am On May 24
benuejosh:

my friend, food isn't cheap anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by CrossRhodes: 11:47am On May 24
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/prices-of-basic-food-items-rise-140-nbs/
Hahahaha no wonder that zombie said egg is for rich people....

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Moniya4Real(m): 11:48am On May 24
who is the drug addict?
AqualinaXYZ:
Let it rise 10,000%

We must learn the hard way

Since una say drug addict is the chosen one
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by CrossRhodes: 11:49am On May 24
benuejosh:

See them...
One tuber of better yam is 4k in Abuja, that is cheap?
Or Abuja is not north?

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by CrossRhodes: 11:50am On May 24
Dialpad:
People are really going through a lot ....
It's a lie joor..
It's only obidients and peter obi that are suffering.....others are enjoying cheap prices of food and fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by theredaddy: 11:53am On May 24
Villa12:
why would have to support such an entity at first? An old serial man that caged lagosians? I am a yoruba man like you but i never supported Tinubu for a second. You're part of the problem we're going through today with your wrong choice.

1. He is human 2. His name is on the ballot 3. he has more achievement than any contender ...

You are yoruba doesnt negate you clearly don't know what you saying,
Is there any sit at home day in Lagos or you went out on monday nd Tinubus boiz descended to flog you

a toddler that will think Tinubu is the only problem, the governors and rep you voted for whats does their score sheet look like ...

Lets face it, assuming Peter obi or Atiku had won and things were these bad ... people who have also sworn with regrets "Tinubu would have been the best choice".

The problem is not in the "VOTING" we don't really have choice from the kind of choices presented to us
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Inosky: 11:57am On May 24
Druggie of Chicago is still sniffing white substance in Aso Rock, at least that one price doesn't rise grin

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by idahme(m): 12:00pm On May 24
Watianoengineer:
Things are not as expensive as people make it seem. We nigerians are more wicked by inflating the prices unnecessarily.

President Bola Tinubu is working hard to stabilize the economy and tho it won't be an easy ride but we will all smile at the end of these reforms.

May this Administration favour me and my Family. Amen

People like you are the reasons politicians see Nigerians as fools.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by PeterObi4LP: 12:20pm On May 24
Stop giving fake news please. Nigerians are not aware of any high prices of food items. Every family is farming, food is surplus in each family, we are not lacking any thing.

Tinubu is the best president ever. Nigerians eat 5 meal squares daily.

Una never see anything. Nigerians must learn the hard way. Tomorrow those hunger looking tribe will still line up with empty stomach to vote for another hunger promax.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Ray07(m): 12:41pm On May 24
benuejosh:

Which North is that Mr suffer no the tire us ?
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Johncuppa(m): 12:45pm On May 24
Ofunaofu:
"The 140% price rise in basic foods is not a bad situation. Nigeria's case is not as bad as being portrayed, especially when compared to what is happening in America, the UK, and other countries. In fact, due to the economic policies put in place by the Tinubu administration, it could have been above a 500% price rise.

The government needs to be commended because enormous efforts are being put in place to make sure basic food prices are within the reach of the common man".
- Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to the president on Information and Strategy.
You bolded the quote, but unbold Bayo Onanuga's name. People would have cursed you before they know you're quoting someone else.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Iceking1(m): 12:46pm On May 24
PHZADDY1:
Any day a tinubu supporter here goes out to buy anything and wows at the price of such Comodity or try to argue with the seller,may that urchin never live to see the next day.Amen

Amen and Amen and Amen, may they die and decompose immediately. With passers by spitting on their rotten corpse.

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Johncuppa(m): 12:59pm On May 24
theredaddy:

1. He is human 2. His name is on the ballot 3. he has more achievement than any contender ...

You are yoruba doesnt negate you clearly don't know what you saying,
Is there any sit at home day in Lagos or you went out on monday nd Tinubus boiz descended to flog you

a toddler that will think Tinubu is the only problem, the governors and rep you voted for whats does their score sheet look like ...

Lets face it, assuming Peter obi or Atiku had won and things were these bad ... people who have also sworn with regrets "Tinubu would have been the best choice".

The problem is not in the "VOTING" we don't really have choice from the kind of choices presented to us

At the bolded, so you guys knew you were supporting rubbish and still went ahead and did it, even when we begged you not to bring woes on the country.
If there was not better choice at the voting point, what happened at the APC primary?
Oga o

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Blazetrailer: 1:08pm On May 24
Forget it...no one will protest its either it will be sabotaged by the stupid tribalistic irredentists or those who are still gullible to believe that this government is doing the right thing.

I had said it before on Nairaland, if Nigerians truly understood the real damage Tinubu has done to this economy, there should have been very violent protests since last year. Tinubu has buried Nigeria with the decision to devalue the Naira. The worst economic decision by any Nigerian president. Wait till next year or two to start seeing the extent of the damage.
ProjectsCityNG:
Protest is coming that will shut down this government. Nigerians only need to suffer a lot to forget about enthocentric positions and this man has pushed everyone to that level

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by theredaddy: 1:23pm On May 24
Johncuppa:
[/b]
At the bolded, so you guys knew you were supporting rubbish and still went ahead and did it, even when we begged you not to bring woes on the country.
If there was not better choice at the voting point, what happened at the APC primary?
Oga o

Thats your own interpretation, but if you ask me what i meant was, We picked Tinubu becos he was the best out of the poor choices we had
The way you are feeling right now is the way some of would have supposedly Peter obi or atiku won and things were these bad

Forget what you know, nobody expected there could be a successor worst than Buhari except you want to deceive yourself
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by Ofunaofu: 1:30pm On May 24
Rooneyx:

May God punish you and your inherent generations. Amen.

Please don't take it to heart, I was just being sarcastic
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by YouAreNobody: 1:31pm On May 24
Promismike:
I wonder why Nigerias are docile to protest as regard the state of the nation.

Jonathan was almost lynched while in power yet what we have now is 10 times worse than what was obtainable in his time.

It still baffles me why Nigeria is quite over the state of the nation.

Jonathan was a minority tribe, that's why the SW and North connived and ousted him.

Try to start a protest now and you'll immediately see APC urchins here will add an ethnic coloration to it

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by bentenny(m): 1:58pm On May 24
There is insecurity in Nigeria!
There is food inflation!
Naira keeps depreciating everyday!
But the problem of agbadorians,Reno,Bwala and lately Wole Soyinka is Peter Obi!
I am even most disappointed in Soyinka!
No matter the reservations you may have against the presidential candidate of LP,Obi is not the president of Nigeria!
Obi is not the cause of food inflation or increased transport cost or the FG's failing attempts to float naira!
Soyinka hasn't questioned why over 80 billion of taxpayers monies will be budgeted for Hajj!
He didn't even as the president who happens to be his friend why over 15 billion should be budgeted to build the house of VP
His immediate solution to the problem of Nigeria is obsessing over Obi!
This was the acclaimed freedom fighter whom we thought and believed was fighting for the good of the nation!
Smh

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by kennie2015(m): 2:00pm On May 24
Yet you see unserious and lazy people protesting over things that is not significant or have impact in the daily lives. No wonder the government is not taking her people serious, the government believe that the people are not serious and confuse about their need. Introducing flimsy palliatives that cannot challenge and eradicate the economic hardship is what greed citizens are fighting for
Re: Prices Of Basic Food Items Rise By 140% — NBS by UNNGRADUATEEE: 2:28pm On May 24
ProjectsCityNG:
Protest is coming that will shut down this government. Nigerians only need to suffer a lot to forget about enthocentric positions and this man has pushed everyone to that level
I vow to be part of the protest! Hunger oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period / NAFDAC Shuts 47 Bakeries, Water Factories In Maiduguri During Routine Inspection / How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.