Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,971 members, 7,863,456 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km (18700 Views)

Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / See More Photos Of The Ongoing Construction Of 11.9KM Second Niger Bridge / Construction Of 11.9KM Second Niger Bridge In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by omoredia: 10:34am On May 24
The problem of this country are the over-educated fools like wole soyinka dem

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by lexy2014: 10:35am On May 24
thesicilian:
At the end of the day whoever is not affected will approve the project and whoever is affected will be strongly against it. Then of course there are those who are not affected in any way but their strong hatred for the country will always make them criticise everything.

was it strong hatred for the country that made tinubu and buhari to continuously hound and criticise every thing jonathan did even when they knew they had nothing to offer nigeria?

concerning the road, can you pls tell me what nigerians stand to benefit from this road?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by YemyTemmy: 10:36am On May 24
arithletics:
After destroying billions of naira worth of businesses! cheesy why not destroy the cables too and anything else stopping you oga engineer?

Lunatics in power!

Followers are actually the lunatics who wont want and see anything good in the country, the submarine cable benefits the whole nation , landmark is for private individual.... by the way oniru is also affected likewise several others, they are not blackmailing the govt

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by YemyTemmy: 10:36am On May 24
jlinkd78:
Acting before proper thinking
Las las nothing will take place

enemy of the state

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by IPDGP: 10:38am On May 24
arithletics:
After destroying billions of naira worth of businesses! cheesy why not destroy the cables too and anything else stopping you oga engineer?

Lunatics in power!

Sense is far from u

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:39am On May 24
thesicilian:
At the end of the day whoever is not affected will approve the project and whoever is affected will be strongly against it. Then of course there are those who are not affected in any way but their strong hatred for the country will always make them criticise everything.

Which people were not affected in any way?
Was the Landmark business destroyed your father's

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by tnerro1(m): 10:39am On May 24
We should learn to send people to jail for failed projects, this will make sure due diligence is carried out before embarking on such projects. Just like Emefeli is in court for printing new naira note that failed. Dou Emefeli is in court cause he did not support the winning side. He he had supported APC, he would have not been called to answer for his crimes

6 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by gammarays(m): 10:40am On May 24
I said it and it's playing out

Infact, they're going to reallocate the old landmark beach front to their cronies who'll rebuild the beach ⛱️

Find a cause to demolish
Wait for the backlash to settle
Reallocate same property to your cronies
Life continues

I just pity any foolish person who doesn't learn from what happens to others

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by PHIPEX(m): 10:40am On May 24
Kenochi:
Let me quickly clear some serious misconceptions and half information going around.I have learnt in my little time on earth that an ignorant man is far better than a man with half information
For the Records,the Lagos to Calabar Road is still ongoing,intact the project is going on as I type this comment. What Government has done is as follows:

1) Stop the Realignment bring proposed for some portions of the Road
From Km Zero or 0 (which is the starting point in Victoria Island) to Kilometer 19,there was some adjustment done on the Coastal Road to accommodate properties and minimise losses
This was done with a view to reduce the enormous loss of properties and reduce compensation to be paid by Government

2) Continue with the Gazetted or Already earmarked areas as contained in the original design
This is what the Honourable Minister spoke about yesterday, From Km 19 to Km 25 of the Coastal Road Design,the Government will stick to the original design of the Road
There were plans to redesign the Route to keep reducing the cost but this was not allowed.This was caused by the sensitive nature of projects located along this 9km stretch
This included Communication Infrastructure and also communities that had existed in such places for a long while
For those familiar with Lagos State and areas around Eti Osa and Ibeju Lekki, you will understand that this group of people will prefer to be relocated instead of being paid compensation
This type of discussions would take years and it will slow down the project

At this point,it was better to go back to the Gazetted Route but why?
Because going back to the Gazetted Route will save Government a lot of money and time.Anyone who buys property on this route might not be compensated because it falls under Government Acquired Areas.I believe Government was really trying to avoid demolishing so many houses between Km 19 to 25 and that was why they tried to Redesign the Route but they will have to take the only choice left to them which is to demolish houses on the Gazetted Route

This is why I always encourage people to employ professionals to guide you before buying any property anywhere.Get a Registered Surveyor to confirm the status of any property before you buy or start transactions of any kind.This is the wise thing to do because you can sue if he gives you wrong information

Meanwhile,check my signature for good property with confirmed titles in Lagos and Ogun State
See them, people who act before thinking

Were you not warned? Did you just realise there are cables on the way? Did you not not defend the previous Route and the demolition?

People like you ruined this country because you dont have foresight, every nonsense must be defended. May you all reap your rewards

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Fashypearl(f): 10:42am On May 24
What exactly
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Kingson28: 10:43am On May 24
[quote author=DMerciful post=130114880]We told you guys earlier that the detour from the original plan was to target Landmark, BATerias disagreed.

Now the chicken has come home to roost

So Umahi wanted to target Landmark, a business belonging to his fellow Igbo?
The way you people think is baffling.

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by REALretep(m): 10:44am On May 24
Pathetic Government
Even more pathetic Umahi... acting before thinking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by zionstaar75: 10:47am On May 24
WakeUpNigerians:
grin......i thought the project has commenced on nairaland according to miscreants.
it's either u didn't go to school, can't read or just plain stupid. My 8yrs old son will understand this article

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Diligence: 10:49am On May 24
So much for so-called DUE DILIGENCE!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Dafresh: 10:51am On May 24
YemyTemmy:

enemy of the state
you're the enemy here, destroy billions of properties B4 realizing that the project can't come to reality, they must also destroy those cables too.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by EmmaLege: 10:55am On May 24
Ahh after destroying lots of property worth billions of naira 🤕🤕🤕

7 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by thinkmoney(m): 11:00am On May 24
TouchNfollow:

https://www.arise.tv/to-save-submarine-cables-lagos-calabar-highway-leaves-shoreline-reverts-to-original-route-for-9-kilometres/
Kalo Kalo government. Trial by error.
They have reversed or readdressed virtually every policy and project they have envisaged and embarked on. They formulate policy after smoking igbo and sniffing white powder, then only think about it when their eyes clear. Acting before thinking.
People were maligned and tagged haters of Nigeria when they asked if EIA was done on the Lagos-calabar road, but now Tinubus government is rerouting the road saying they discovered some vital internet infrastructure will be destroyed if they continue. Something EIA would have seen.

U PEOPLE THAT VOTED THIS GOVERNMENT THAT IS PLAYING WITH OUR TIME AND WASTING OUR RESOURCES SHOULD THINK IN YOUR MIND IF ITS PRAYERS OR DAILY CURSES U DESERVE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Malawian(m): 11:09am On May 24
TouchNfollow:

https://www.arise.tv/to-save-submarine-cables-lagos-calabar-highway-leaves-shoreline-reverts-to-original-route-for-9-kilometres/
Una go rebuild Landmark and other structures una demolish abi una go leave for Eko Atlantic Phase 2?
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by telleyway: 11:15am On May 24
TouchNfollow:

I think those who criticize Peter obi for speaking about the road will begin to see the many hidden and untold stories concerning the road?
What now happened to the right of way and the structures they have demolished?
This I repeat, this road is a white elephant project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Imun(m): 11:15am On May 24
9ja matter tire me
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Gboom: 11:16am On May 24
DMerciful:
We told you guys earlier that the detour from the original plan was to target Landmark, BATerias disagreed.

Have you to the landmark area before?
I tell you if the project original plan was followed, the parking lots of landmark, their high-rise building would have gone thereby killing the business completely.
It is easy for you bigot to ignorantly castigate the government because it is not obi that is in power

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by jude33084(m): 11:18am On May 24
thesicilian:

Why not ask yourself who approved a construction project in 2024 without carrying physical and ecological survey?

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Omoawoke: 11:19am On May 24
DMerciful:
We told you guys earlier that the detour from the original plan was to target Landmark, BATerias disagreed.

That’s a lie, it was a target against Oniru
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Ttipsy(f): 11:20am On May 24
2mch:
This man, something is wrong with him. I said it that no sane government will build a road on the beach front taking away such privilege. So people built on the old plan but you decided to come and destroy the beach when you don’t have the type where you are coming from. The old plan is even more straightforward. Disappointed sha that Tinubu approved that madness. Very crazy plan. These people cannot be trusted.
How can road be built on a beach front?

Scam of a project

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Felabrity: 11:20am On May 24
olisaEze:
But when he was asked about the final Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report, he seemed more concerned for the journalist’s accent than the validity of her question. Tomorrow, the d*mb he-goat will be the only one facing questions from the Efcc just like Emefiele! undecided
no mind those mumu apc followers criticising the arise tv lady the other day

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by jude33084(m): 11:20am On May 24
YemyTemmy:

Followers are actually the lunatics who wont want and see anything good in the country, the submarine cable benefits the whole nation , landmark is for private individual.... by the way oniru is also affected likewise several others, they are not blackmailing the govt

And they didnt know all these before they started the construction work?

Naija get clowns many aswear cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Ttipsy(f): 11:22am On May 24
You illiterates demolished landmarks to build a road that leads to nowhere on a beach front!?

Animals!! They would have destroyed the marine cables

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:26am On May 24
It's all because of the submarine cables which are critical infrastructures.
They care less about the houses and ancestral homes built on the right of way. If not for the submarine cables those residents praising Tinubu for reverting to the old alignment will be cursing him. They should be grateful to the companies who had pivotal reasons for government to change their minds.

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Afonja007: 11:28am On May 24
Kenochi:
Let me quickly clear some serious misconceptions and half information going around.I have learnt in my little time on earth that an ignorant man is far better than a man with half information
For the Records,the Lagos to Calabar Road is still ongoing,intact the project is going on as I type this comment. What Government has done is as follows:

1) Stop the Realignment bring proposed for some portions of the Road
From Km Zero or 0 (which is the starting point in Victoria Island) to Kilometer 19,there was some adjustment done on the Coastal Road to accommodate properties and minimise losses
This was done with a view to reduce the enormous loss of properties and reduce compensation to be paid by Government

2) Continue with the Gazetted or Already earmarked areas as contained in the original design
This is what the Honourable Minister spoke about yesterday, From Km 19 to Km 25 of the Coastal Road Design,the Government will stick to the original design of the Road
There were plans to redesign the Route to keep reducing the cost but this was not allowed.This was caused by the sensitive nature of projects located along this 9km stretch
This included Communication Infrastructure and also communities that had existed in such places for a long while
For those familiar with Lagos State and areas around Eti Osa and Ibeju Lekki, you will understand that this group of people will prefer to be relocated instead of being paid compensation
This type of discussions would take years and it will slow down the project

At this point,it was better to go back to the Gazetted Route but why?
Because going back to the Gazetted Route will save Government a lot of money and time.Anyone who buys property on this route might not be compensated because it falls under Government Acquired Areas.I believe Government was really trying to avoid demolishing so many houses between Km 19 to 25 and that was why they tried to Redesign the Route but they will have to take the only choice left to them which is to demolish houses on the Gazetted Route

This is why I always encourage people to employ professionals to guide you before buying any property anywhere.Get a Registered Surveyor to confirm the status of any property before you buy or start transactions of any kind.This is the wise thing to do because you can sue if he gives you wrong information

Meanwhile,check my signature for good property with confirmed titles in Lagos and Ogun State
oga Tinubu's target is lands at lekki he gotten what he wanted this coastal road is another ajaokuta steel complex

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by 43Ronin: 11:39am On May 24
Sowore already said what that bridge was for.
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by CrossRhodes: 11:41am On May 24
thesicilian:
Mr lover of nigeria.....na you love Nigeria pass.

Show us your scorecard after one year.

na kogheri

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by CrossRhodes: 11:42am On May 24
anyilalaz:
We were call names when we asked if EIA was carried out.

If the needfuls were done, we won't be on this page.

The greatest risk is not even the submarine cables but most shore communities will loose they ancestorial home forever due to the unprecedented impact of coastal erosion caused by this construction.

I have been to Akassa and have had first hand experience and witnessed the devastation.

No be bean.
They said you don't love Nigeria that's why you criticize.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female LAWMA Truck Drivers : Iyawo Fashola / Akiolu Accuses Buhari Of Killing Police As Military Dictator / Gani Adams: Fulanis Not Our Problem, But Yoruba Traitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.