Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,994 members, 7,863,571 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:23 PM

To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km (18704 Views)

Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / See More Photos Of The Ongoing Construction Of 11.9KM Second Niger Bridge / Construction Of 11.9KM Second Niger Bridge In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by CrossRhodes: 11:44am On May 24
olisaEze:
But when he was asked about the final Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report, he seemed more concerned for the journalist’s accent than the validity of her question. Tomorrow, the d*mb he-goat will be the only one facing questions from the Efcc just like Emefiele! undecided
The same zombies applauding him today, will vilify him in years to come, when he stands in the dock

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Sermwell(m): 11:46am On May 24
Gboom:

Have you to the landmark area before?
I tell you if the project original plan was followed, the parking lots of landmark, their high-rise building would have gone thereby killing the business completely.
It is easy for you bigot to ignorantly castigate the government because it is not obi that is in power
This thing requires common sense!! Even if I'm a diehard supporter of Obi and he makes this kind of blunder after destroying billions of businesses, I can never come here to defend him because I have common sense, and a mind of my own. That's the difference between me and a zombie! grin

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by nony43(m): 11:54am On May 24
PHIPEX:
Lol, the zone- Bs will still come and hail.

After demolishing landmarks property,

after defending nonsense and insulting everyone with contrary view

After refusing to.listen to advise and cries

After insulting Obi and accusing him of instigati g the Igbos to hate the govt

Once more they have shown they all have no brain to think. Since you own all the coastal roads why are you now sparing the telecom companies? Bulldoze everything

Next, you will hear the entire project has been abandoned because of paucity of fund.....but Lagos side must be completed for show during 2027 election.

I need to tap from your well of oil.

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by commoditiesnig: 11:54am On May 24
thesicilian:
At the end of the day whoever is not affected will approve the project and whoever is affected will be strongly against it. Then of course there are those who are not affected in any way but their strong hatred for the country will always make them criticise everything.
Lol

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Ezmans: 11:54am On May 24
Kenochi:
Let me quickly clear some serious misconceptions and half information going around.I have learnt in my little time on earth that an ignorant man is far better than a man with half information
For the Records,the Lagos to Calabar Road is still ongoing,intact the project is going on as I type this comment. What Government has done is as follows:

1) Stop the Realignment bring proposed for some portions of the Road
From Km Zero or 0 (which is the starting point in Victoria Island) to Kilometer 19,there was some adjustment done on the Coastal Road to accommodate properties and minimise losses
This was done with a view to reduce the enormous loss of properties and reduce compensation to be paid by Government

2) Continue with the Gazetted or Already earmarked areas as contained in the original design
This is what the Honourable Minister spoke about yesterday, From Km 19 to Km 25 of the Coastal Road Design,the Government will stick to the original design of the Road
There were plans to redesign the Route to keep reducing the cost but this was not allowed.This was caused by the sensitive nature of projects located along this 9km stretch
This included Communication Infrastructure and also communities that had existed in such places for a long while
For those familiar with Lagos State and areas around Eti Osa and Ibeju Lekki, you will understand that this group of people will prefer to be relocated instead of being paid compensation
This type of discussions would take years and it will slow down the project

At this point,it was better to go back to the Gazetted Route but why?
Because going back to the Gazetted Route will save Government a lot of money and time.Anyone who buys property on this route might not be compensated because it falls under Government Acquired Areas.I believe Government was really trying to avoid demolishing so many houses between Km 19 to 25 and that was why they tried to Redesign the Route but they will have to take the only choice left to them which is to demolish houses on the Gazetted Route

This is why I always encourage people to employ professionals to guide you before buying any property anywhere.Get a Registered Surveyor to confirm the status of any property before you buy or start transactions of any kind.This is the wise thing to do because you can sue if he gives you wrong information

Meanwhile,check my signature for good property with confirmed titles in Lagos and Ogun State
continue defending fair

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Gboom: 11:55am On May 24
Sermwell:

This thing requires common sense!! Even if I'm a diehard supporter of Obi and he makes this kind of blunder after destroying billions of businesses, I can never come here to defend him because I have common sense, and a mind of my own. That's the difference between me and a zombie! grin
Who are you by the way? I never quoted you.
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by NoToPile: 11:59am On May 24
There's a reading and understanding problem in this country.

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Lomprico2: 12:00pm On May 24
Cubanaigwe:
Chai! After landmark

He was the target

Tinubu's son or one of his cronies whated that spot for himself.
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by danthamccoy(m): 12:02pm On May 24
Gboom:

I tell you if the project original plan was followed, the parking lots of landmark, their high-rise building would have gone thereby killing the business completely.
It is easy for you bigot to ignorantly castigate the government because it is not obi that is in power
You're an epic clown. So you know better than the Landmark owner who asked that the government sticks to the original plan?
"I tell you" - who tf are you?

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by lionshare: 12:02pm On May 24
Gboom:

A good number of the critics have zilch idea about what they’re critiquing.

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by lionshare: 12:03pm On May 24
NoToPile:
There's a reading and understanding problem in this country.
Obviously

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Irony1: 12:04pm On May 24
thesicilian:
At the end of the day whoever is not affected will approve the project and whoever is affected will be strongly against it. Then of course there are those who are not affected in any way but their strong hatred for the country will always make them criticise everything.

Try and have sense. Are you not too overgrown to be dog whistling against a tribe. I know you will say you didn't mention anyone, but your narcissist statement is clear indication of the people you are calling.

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Sermwell(m): 12:04pm On May 24
Gboom:

Who are you by the way? I never quoted you.
I'm a rational Nigerian, who has a functioning brain and uses it to think for myself!! I don't go out there defending a useless government irrespective of what they do. I have a mind of my own and cannot be deceived by a useless politicians. I'm not a zombie grin grin

So who are you??

Don't worry sha.... I already know who you are grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Abagworo(m): 12:05pm On May 24
What is now the difference with existing East-West road? The aim of the whole thing has been achieved so they are now doing a cover up from Calabar to Akwaibom which will still not be completed. Why not complete the already existing East-West road then dualize the Calabar-Itu highway via Odukpani? What a waste

2 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Abagworo(m): 12:08pm On May 24
Gboom:

Based on information available no part of Landmark was affected by the original master plan. Go check it out

3 Likes

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by jaxxy(m): 12:11pm On May 24
Umahi made sure to reveal that the decision was not necessarily because of pushback from the communities affected, but solely due to President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

What does this even mean?

The people can't have a say anymore or are purely at the mercy of one man?

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Khyrvxjzy: 12:21pm On May 24
2mch:

It has. A lot of property has been demolished extremely stupidly
the work have not begin o, igbo
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Gboom: 12:23pm On May 24
Abagworo:

Based on information available no part of Landmark was affected by the original master plan. Go check it out
Wrong information.
Even as a layman, if you have opportunity to visit the area, you will see more without anybody deceiving you with lies to score political cheap points

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Gboom: 12:30pm On May 24
Sermwell:

I'm a rational Nigerian, who has a functioning brain and uses it to think for myself!! I don't go out there defending a useless government irrespective of what they do. I have a mind of my own and cannot be deceived by a useless politicians. I'm not a zombie grin grin

So who are you??

Don't worry sha.... I already know who you are grin cheesy
You have been blown away by hatred and bigotry.
The question I asked your fellow is "have you to the place before"

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Zetty177x: 12:32pm On May 24
SmartyPants:

Which part of what you read correlates with this thing you typed here?

Miscreant actually spotted
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by ChinemeremFidel: 12:33pm On May 24
Kenochi:
Let me quickly clear some serious misconceptions and half information going around.I have learnt in my little time on earth that an ignorant man is far better than a man with half information
For the Records,the Lagos to Calabar Road is still ongoing,intact the project is going on as I type this comment. What Government has done is as follows:

1) Stop the Realignment bring proposed for some portions of the Road
From Km Zero or 0 (which is the starting point in Victoria Island) to Kilometer 19,there was some adjustment done on the Coastal Road to accommodate properties and minimise losses
This was done with a view to reduce the enormous loss of properties and reduce compensation to be paid by Government

2) Continue with the Gazetted or Already earmarked areas as contained in the original design
This is what the Honourable Minister spoke about yesterday, From Km 19 to Km 25 of the Coastal Road Design,the Government will stick to the original design of the Road
There were plans to redesign the Route to keep reducing the cost but this was not allowed.This was caused by the sensitive nature of projects located along this 9km stretch
This included Communication Infrastructure and also communities that had existed in such places for a long while
For those familiar with Lagos State and areas around Eti Osa and Ibeju Lekki, you will understand that this group of people will prefer to be relocated instead of being paid compensation
This type of discussions would take years and it will slow down the project

At this point,it was better to go back to the Gazetted Route but why?
Because going back to the Gazetted Route will save Government a lot of money and time.Anyone who buys property on this route might not be compensated because it falls under Government Acquired Areas.I believe Government was really trying to avoid demolishing so many houses between Km 19 to 25 and that was why they tried to Redesign the Route but they will have to take the only choice left to them which is to demolish houses on the Gazetted Route

This is why I always encourage people to employ professionals to guide you before buying any property anywhere.Get a Registered Surveyor to confirm the status of any property before you buy or start transactions of any kind.This is the wise thing to do because you can sue if he gives you wrong information

Meanwhile,check my signature for good property with confirmed titles in Lagos and Ogun State

So more houses would be demolished now or what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Gboom: 12:34pm On May 24
lionshare:

A good number of the critics have zilch idea about what they’re critiquing.
They don't have, they are only being emotional based on the song they are listening to from the "hate choir"
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Gboom: 12:41pm On May 24
danthamccoy:

You're an epic clown. So you know better than the Landmark owner who asked that the government sticks to the original plan?
"I tell you" - who tf are you?
You are the real clown; you expect the so-called ceo to accept he is ignorant that the beach area belongs to FG and he does not understand the phrase "Overriding public interest"

If you can your baba who tf he is go ahead
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by occfx: 12:49pm On May 24
TouchNfollow:

https://www.arise.tv/to-save-submarine-cables-lagos-calabar-highway-leaves-shoreline-reverts-to-original-route-for-9-kilometres/

After destroying people's property you just discovered that there are submarine cables... These idiots are something else. This is intentional either for witch hunting or land grabbing

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Krankhead: 12:56pm On May 24
WakeUpNigerians:
grin......i thought the project has commenced on nairaland according to miscreants.
Book you no Sabi read. School you refused to go
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by Agadinaagwuofe: 1:11pm On May 24
DMerciful:
They've stopped because further down the line it would affect communication and data undersea cables.

If they had stuck to the original design, both the cables and Landmark wouldn't be affected.

Clearly, Landmark destruction was the intent to make way for the Chagourys

This is exactly what the EIA would have detected and solved before the construction commenced. How is Umahi not sure that from section 25km to 47km there won't be another change of plan? Maybe after 25km he will again resort to the new plan again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by MurderX: 1:20pm On May 24
This is why you should carry out an EIA before you commence such a major road construction project. There are going to be more challenges but they will be resolved, the road project is critical to development in the SS, SE and SW and an excellent initiative.
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by thesicilian: 1:40pm On May 24
lexy2014:

was it strong hatred for the country that made tinubu and buhari to continuously hound and criticise every thing jonathan did even when they knew they had nothing to offer nigeria?

concerning the road, can you pls tell me what nigerians stand to benefit from this road?
Direct the first part of your comment to those who are best in a position to answer it: Tinubu and Buhari.
As for the second part, a quick Google search will do you a lot of good.
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by thesicilian: 1:41pm On May 24
ChybuzzDD:

Which people were not affected in any way?
Was the Landmark business destroyed your father's
Even though it's obvious you have no home training, at least have some respect for you father
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by thesicilian: 1:43pm On May 24
jude33084:

Why not ask yourself who approved a construction project in 2024 without carrying physical and ecological survey?
I don't care about your opinions
Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by thesicilian: 1:44pm On May 24
CrossRhodes:

Mr lover of nigeria.....na you love Nigeria pass.

Show us your scorecard after one year.

na kogheri
Show us how you have made the east better before you can pretend to have the solution to the country's problems

1 Like

Re: To Save Submarine Cables, Lagos-Calabar Highway Leaves Shoreline For 9Km by thesicilian: 1:47pm On May 24
Irony1:

Try and have sense. Are you not too overgrown to be dog whistling against a tribe. I know you will say you didn't mention anyone, but your narcissist statement is clear indication of the people you are calling.
Nowadays you don't even need to have a dictionary to look up words you don't understand, you can just Google them instead of embarrassing yourself while trying to sound smart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached / Biafra: IPOB Dead And Gone – Lai Mohammed / Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.