Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,525 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge (10077 Views)

2024: Fubara Presents N800bn Budget Of Renewed Hope, Consolidation & Continuity / Renewed Hope: Tinubu Will Work To Make Nigeria Better – Buba Galadima / Lai Mohammed: Our Achievements Will Leave Nigerians Breathless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by bemeruca: 2:39pm On May 24
Tinubu
Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Geonigga(m): 2:40pm On May 24
Tinubu is a badluck personified
Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Angelfrost(m): 2:41pm On May 24
Personally, most Nigerians haven't suffered enough...!

Nothing anybody wan tell me.

When people have suffered beyond their limits to bear, they don't merely wail online... They put fear in the hearts of their useless leaders through united revolutions.

Tinubu knows this for a fact... Buhari knew this fact, hence was never perturbed for a day in that office.

They know that no matter how much these people suffer, they will still remain too divided to anything other than bitch about online.

Nigeria is a corrupt leader's dream! cool

4 Likes

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Inspirer1: 2:43pm On May 24
nony43:
All he knows is Tax Tax Tax. That statement he made when he was sworn is is what kept us were we are . Subsidy is gone . Goods and services skyrocketed and don’t want to come down.

No hope for the future it looks bleak with APC . Look at ApC in the past 9 years and try to reason the future with APC, it looks dark. Tax, killings , insecurity , fraud, tribal and religious bigots . We are way better off with PDp even though they are corrupt . Nigerians are waiting to hear what he will say on May 29.
from the first minute of the administration, we are yet to find succour.
After a year in power, despite all the "reforms and promises", I am yet to see just one item or service whose price as at 8 a.m. on May 29, 2023 is still the same today or less,,,,Not one.

3 Likes

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by ComeToJesus: 2:49pm On May 24
Kelklein:
Long read alert! The Nigerian Guardian aptly and summarily captures what the Nigerian citizens have had to go through in one year of the current administration.👇🏼

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/one-year-of-renewed-hope-tinubus-costly-reforms-leave-nigerians-on-edge-one-year-after/

..continue below👇🏼

I thank God for a few media houses like the Guardian who have chosen to remain objective in their reportage and analysis of issues in Nigeria.

This present government has given Nigerians sour grapes 🍇 to drink and set their teeth on edge.

It's the worst government that this country has ever seen.

Even Buhari, in all his wobbling and fumbling glory, wasn't as mediocre and incompetent as this overrated man in Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Amah70: 2:49pm On May 24
Awuuuu. Reno Omokri will not agree; as Reno seeks recognition through dropping names like Peter Obi's.
Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar conspired and sacked Reno Omokri from Aso Rock where Reno was serving then President Goodluck Jonathan .
Reno has remained unemployed since then. Omokri went from licking the ass of Peter Obi in 2019, to licking the ass of Atiku Abubakar in 2022, and now lick the ass of Tinubu; all in his search for recognition.

3 Likes

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by jaxxy(m): 2:54pm On May 24
Failed economy and state.
Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:56pm On May 24
benuejosh:
President Bola Tinubu, we love you for the reforms you're putting in place. Nothing good comes easy. NO PAIN NO GAIN.

If i am to write on this platform what your good reforms will bring to us, the space on Nairaland will not contain us. We understand there are saboteurs from a particular Southern part of the country who are perpetually bitter and unhappy that their social media noise did not give them the social media President they dreamt of and because of that, they decided to increase prices of goods and commodities, attacks on innocent citizens and also your personality our admirable President.

We understand the pain of development, America was not built in a day nor in just a year as the saboteurs i mentioned earlier think Nigeria should become better than 'Your Kay' - UK - in less than a year since you assumed office. Sacrifices must be made for the betterment of us and our children yet unborn but the saboteurs understand this sacrifice to mean that of animals. This price, we will pay.

Thank you for continuing in the right direction and taking the right path as led by former President Buhari. We know that our tomorrow is guaranteed. The good things you did in Lagos still speak volume.

We are solidly behind you Mr President.

Life of a Zoneb

4 Likes

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by TUTU147: 2:57pm On May 24
My happiness is that we all go to same market, hospital, filling station etc.When some people were busy telling them that APC have nothing to offer judging by how Buhari handles the country yet religion and tribalism overcome our sense of judgement.Is not about tribe or religion,a good product is a good product.yardua, wasn't an igbo man or a Christian but Igbos supported him fully.How I wish yorubas presented another candidate,we for no dey where we are today.

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Confirm4real(m): 2:57pm On May 24
Only Agbadorians are not affected they always buy things cheap oga shocked

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Smartcitizen: 3:01pm On May 24
gbengene1234:

Tell me you read through all those jargon grin

Are you a human being or a robot please?

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by funkyqz: 3:16pm On May 24
[quote author=benuejosh post=130120224]President Bola Tinubu, we love you for the reforms you're putting in place. Nothing good comes easy. NO PAIN NO GAIN.

If i am to write on this platform what your good reforms will bring to us, the space on Nairaland will not contain us. We understand there are saboteurs from a particular Southern part of the country who are perpetually bitter and unhappy that their social media noise did not give them the social media President they dreamt of and because of that, they decided to increase prices of goods and commodities, attacks on innocent citizens and also your personality our admirable President.

We understand the pain of development, America was not built in a day nor in just a year as the saboteurs i mentioned earlier think Nigeria should become better than 'Your Kay' - UK - in less than a year since you assumed office. Sacrifices must be made for the betterment of us and our children yet unborn but the saboteurs understand this sacrifice to mean that of animals. This price, we will pay.

Thank you for continuing in the right direction and taking the right path as led by former President Buhari. We know that our tomorrow is guaranteed. The good things you did in Lagos still speak volume.

[/quote you shouldn't blinded support someone. I know you are a supporter of the president, but try and be objective. It's tinubu policies that's the cause of the inflation, period.

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by mmso: 3:21pm On May 24
We are renewed indeed. the thing reach everybody
Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 3:26pm On May 24
benuejosh:
President Bola Tinubu, we love you for the reforms you're putting in place. Nothing good comes easy. NO PAIN NO GAIN.

Another Rankadede clown on the loose.

They don't mind wasting four or eight years of their life praising the next politician who can drop crumbs in their plate.

Shameless.
Very Shameless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by anonimi: 3:33pm On May 24
Creamypie:
Very hopeless government

Renewed hopelessness is what ThiefNuibu & co are giving us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by oseremhe: 3:34pm On May 24
There's no tangible indices that indicates that the country is moving in the right direction, the whole country is nose down and heading hopelessly at breakneck speed into economic oblivion, there's serious hunger in the land as Nigerians can no longer enjoy at least the basic necessities of life. At this point it would be safe to adduce that the current administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been nothing short of a monumental disaster of legendary proportions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Jayhome24: 3:36pm On May 24
Racoon:
Tinubu like Buhari is a catastrophe and disaster known from antiquity. Only mummified zombies kept shouting he built Lagos. Now he has completely destroyed Nigeria. Shey una eyes don't clear?

Dey waste your time and data okwa ya?

The reform will be completed to pave way for smooth accountable govt so nothing you can do about it Tinubu will complete his 8 years in power and if by chance he die(God forbid) Shetima will step in and carry on and will eventually be the next president from the North by 2031 for sure. Una never seen anything yet.
Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by anonimi: 3:37pm On May 24
ebinpawa:
Renewed shege

From change to shege, how did we miss all the signs, including from Baba Iyabo who cluelessly supported Buhari and APC over Jonathan and PDP, the party that made him president from Abacha's prison

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by winterfell007(m): 3:40pm On May 24
benuejosh:

I solidly believe at this point, you need to undergo some psychiatric evaluation. It's quite obvious to discerning minds now that you have lost your sense of reason

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by ebinpawa: 3:41pm On May 24
anonimi:

From change to shege, how did we miss all the signs, including from Baba Iyabo who cluelessly supported Buhari and APC over Jonathan and PDP, the party that made him president from Abacha's prison

Let's not open Baba Iyabos black book.His sins too many

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by anonimi: 3:42pm On May 24
Risingblue008:
This ma just came to destroy this country

He came to loot, steal and destroy our country.

How did we elevate him to Abuja seeing how he has destroyed Lagos since 1999?

Na which kain juju be that

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.
>
>
The EIU examines the quality of health care, education, infrastructure, stability, and culture when assessing living conditions of each city. More than 30 factors are taken into account when calculating each rank, which are then complied into a weighted score between one and 100.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by PlasmaTV: 3:43pm On May 24
benuejosh:

You have a problem upstairs. I'd have forgiven you for the crap you wrote if you hadn't added Buhari. Crappy human.

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by PlasmaTV: 3:43pm On May 24
winterfell007:

I solidly believe at this point, you need to undergo some psychiatric evaluation. It's quite obvious to discerning minds now that you have lost your sense of reason
Honestly, bro.
I wish I could knock his empty head.

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Lemos14: 3:57pm On May 24
benuejosh:

If someone doesn't let you know that you're mad already you yourself won't know. Eranko

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by ablejesus26(m): 3:58pm On May 24
benuejosh:

Hahahaha I saw what you did there😁
Even the failure personified Tinubu go look you with bombastic side eye with this kind whyning wey you dey drop 😁

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by remmydada(m): 4:08pm On May 24
It's not reform but renewed shege

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Brushstrokes20: 4:09pm On May 24
eBOLA has only come to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY 💯💯💯📢📢📢📢📢🔊🔊🔊

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by HugoBoss10(m): 4:15pm On May 24
Tinubu's presidency is a hopeless one indeed cool

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by theredaddy: 4:16pm On May 24
benuejosh:

Everybody know Rome was not built in a day and i doubt if what Nigerianas are asking for is Unrealistic or unattainable
After 1yr of Tinubu in office i am so disappointed to say, that the signs/signal don't resonate hope
Nothing shows we are on a new route or the govt is making sacrifices ... my point is there are no signs to conclude the govt knows what they are doing

1 Like

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by Gandollar(f): 4:26pm On May 24
samwillyco1:
One year and still confuse

Things are hard now

Where are those that were busy shouting from GOOD LUCK to BAD LUCK in 2015
Babaramota80, Legendhero, kapeter, Sicilian, omenka, mannabbggrills, cilicmarin, Garfield, okoroawusa etc. They have all hidden their faces in shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year Of ‘renewed Hope’: Tinubu’s Costly Reforms Leave Nigerians On Edge by stevups(m): 5:05pm On May 24
benuejosh:

God bless you 🙏. Take this coke cool body

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi / Fuel Supply: 9,000 Marketers May Lose Licences, Seek FG’s Intervention / FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.