Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem (15704 Views)

Atiku: Power To Change Nigeria Does Not Lie In Aso Rock / Just In: Senate Passed Bill On The Conversion Of Kaduna Polytechnic To The City / ''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by jetguy(m): 8:41am On May 25
National Anthem is now our problem!!!

1 Like

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Rechargeam247(f): 8:42am On May 25
Lol, what they get paid huge allowances and emoluments to do.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Melonsmasher: 8:45am On May 25
Nigeria is totally finished in the hands of this clueless leader, there are most things you dare not touch no matter how big you think you are.. The transformation is felt everywhere, Bola tinubu is really working, we hail thee APC

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by TYCO77: 9:15am On May 25
Racoon:
Nigeria's inflation rate is now at 33.69% as at April 2024 - the highest in 28years since Mar 1996. Since the turn of the new year, the naira, which was floated almost a year ago has witnessed a dramatic depreciation, leaving a devastating mark on organised businesses across the board.

The prices of staple foods like beans and maize have increased by 300 to 400 per cent over the past year following the removal of the fuel subsidy and the depreciation of the naira. Inflation is outpacing the ability of families to cope, making essential food items unaffordable.

Yet see how they hurriedly granted accent with gusto to a matter that has not national bearing on the sufferings their citizens are undergoing at this point of our national life. The most useless rubberstamp stooges.
[color=#000099][/color]

Your narrative is right, but you can as well agree that when one take a close sight and have a deep meditation of lyrics of the old National Anthem it invokes the spirit of patriotism and brotherliness which is one of the essential substance nations need to get things right.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by rolams(m): 9:15am On May 25
Stop sending mad people to the house!
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by otherway: 9:15am On May 25
I'm in my 40s so any change to the national anthem is not for me.

I can't begin to memorise any yeye anthem when I have more important things to worry about.

1 Like

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by rolams(m): 9:16am On May 25
otherway:
I'm in my 40s so any change to the national anthem is not for me.

I can't begin to memorise any yeye anthem when I have more important things to worry about.

Bitter truth. These people not serious
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Galinton(m): 9:30am On May 25
Usles set of people
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by BondRiv: 9:32am On May 25
That is their business. It is the old one I know and will continue to recite. A very patriotic anthem. These people are just representing themselves. Bunch of misleaders.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Calitoscassius(m): 9:35am On May 25
jeromestarks:
They didn't change the anthem. They only went back to the original.

If you're not the one who disvirgined your wife, you will regret your marriage because she will definitely go back to fvck her ex and you will train his children. How will you suffer to pay the bride price of a woman who was fvcked with just two eggs and indomie?

The original anthem is better. Just like women, they're better in their original state. Do not breed with a second woman. Find an original (virgin) woman.
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? undecided fork, bride price, disvirgin, two eggs and indomie? undecided Man! you need to see a psychiatrist ASAP. What's with the obssession with virgins?
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by jeromestarks: 9:42am On May 25
Afrobasic:

So for you mind now, you think you have made sense ba? undecided
Calitoscassius:
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? undecided fork, bride price, disvirgin, two eggs and indomie? undecided Man! you need to see a psychiatrist ASAP. What's with the obssession with virgins?
Real2088:

Whatever you are taking is not good for you,quite

You're all finished men.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Calitoscassius(m): 9:44am On May 25
jeromestarks:

You're all finished men.
more rubbish! grin grin grin Go check into a mental hospital today!
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Charly68: 10:04am On May 25
What was wrong with the second anthem ? ..did they hate the words of prayer therein ?
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by babtoundey(m): 10:07am On May 25
I detest the old anthem, it sounds kike song of mournings. It's amateurish and invokes no patriotic feelings. The current one is much more better. But these guys are determined to drive us many years backwards so this is one of their giant steps at realising their aim.

The country is daily ravaged by insecurities, hunger, poverty, abysmal melt down in Naira Value, inflation, housing problem, natural hazards endangered by climate change, terrorism, banditry and lots more. The cursed people are only interested in changing anthem that is perfected and has nothing wrong with it.

God, don't make me repeat the offense that i offended you that made you punish me by bringing me to Nigeria.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by DJInfluence: 11:02am On May 25
Misplaced priority!!!

Things like state police was left unattended to.

Who curse us with these politicians?
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by JessicaRabbit(f): 11:05am On May 25
jeromestarks:

If you're not the one who disvirgined your wife, you will regret your marriage because she will definitely go back to fvck her ex and you will train his children. How will you suffer to pay the bride price of a woman who was fvcked with just two eggs and indomie?

The original anthem is better. Just like women, they're better in their original state. Do not breed with a second woman. Find an original (virgin) woman.

If this is supposed to be sarcasm, then I must admit you've got immense talent.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by JessicaRabbit(f): 11:16am On May 25
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

Your narrative is right, but you can as well agree that when one take a close sight and have a deep meditation of lyrics of the old National Anthem it invokes the spirit of patriotism and brotherliness which is one of the essential substance nations need to get things right.

How laughably sentimental of you. It actually bothers me that some Nigerians can make such naive comments as the above. It's a total non sequitur to suggest that revising our national anthem is a sufficient solution to the current economic woes. You claim the old national anthem evokes a "spirit of patriotism and brotherliness" but somehow are too blind to realize that the current administration's policies (or lack thereof) are not exactly fostering this sense of brotherliness and patriotism you are alluding to. No amount of nostalgia can put food on the table or create jobs. It's time for substance over sentimentality!

1 Like

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by TYCO77: 11:21am On May 25
[color=#000099][/color]
JessicaRabbit:

How laughably sentimental of you. It actually bothers me that some Nigerians can make such naive comments as the above. It's a total non sequitur to suggest that revising our national anthem is a sufficient solution to the current economic woes. You claim the old national anthem evokes a "spirit of patriotism and brotherliness" but somehow are too blind to realize that the current administration's policies (or lack thereof) are not exactly fostering this sense of brotherliness and patriotism you are alluding to. No amount of nostalgia can put food on the table or create jobs. It's time for substance over sentimentality!

wink
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by khattab02: 11:37am On May 25
Chai!!

So na national anthem be the main problem and issues of Naija??

Inasmuch as FG get there own blame, these senators and lawmakers deserve make Dem dey chop cane at times ooo
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by BluelightHotel: 11:54am On May 25
Misplaced priorities.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by khattab02: 11:59am On May 25
jetguy:
National Anthem is now our problem!!!
No be small thing oo..

I feel like make Dem cane these people well well like pikin wey no dey hear word, make their brain reset.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by pafun(m): 12:56pm On May 25
Racoon:
Nigeria's inflation rate is now at 33.69% as at April 2024 - the highest in 28years since Mar 1996. Since the turn of the new year, the naira, which was floated almost a year ago has witnessed a dramatic depreciation, leaving a devastating mark on organised businesses across the board.

The prices of staple foods like beans and maize have increased by 300 to 400 per cent over the past year following the removal of the fuel subsidy and the depreciation of the naira. Inflation is outpacing the ability of families to cope, making essential food items unaffordable.

Yet see how they hurriedly granted accent with gusto to a matter that has not national bearing on the sufferings their citizens are undergoing at this point of our national life. The most useless rubberstamp stooges.

How does changing national anthem relate to inflation and price of stable foods? Please explain to me.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by jeromestarks: 1:12pm On May 25
JessicaRabbit:

If this is supposed to be sarcasm, then I must admit you've got immense talent.
Did you marry as a virgin?
Are you still together with the man who disvirgined you?

If your answer to the above questions is no, then you're a finished woman.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by bejeria101(m): 3:01pm On May 25
With una frog voice, na una go sing am alone. Set awon olodo kingsway geng grin grin grin
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by khalids: 3:35pm On May 25
I have one question....So what will happen if they change the anthem
And Nigerians in general refuse to acknowledge or use it.....wetin them wan do... undecided undecided

I thinks sometimes we the people forget that we also have power too
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Scientheosopher(m): 3:42pm On May 25
The National Anthem is now a cause of Nigeria's problem shocked
Another achievement of pBAT loading...
#Congrats to APC!!!
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by Scientheosopher(m): 3:50pm On May 25
pafun:

How does changing national anthem relate to inflation and price of stable foods? Please explain to me.
The answer you're looking for is in the last paragraph. But to better understand it, you may have to read from the very beginning of the first paragraph, slowly.
Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by BloomingDale(f): 3:52pm On May 25
jeromestarks:

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by JessicaRabbit(f): 6:39pm On May 25
jeromestarks:

Did you marry as a virgin?
Are you still together with the man who disvirgined you?

If your answer to the above questions is no, then you're a finished woman.

I just did a quick review of your profile, and I have to apologize for bothering you to have an actual discussion. Matters of national concern should be the least of your problems. I'm not here to engage in a battle of wits with someone who thinks virginity is a measure of a woman's worth. That's not a debate, that's a therapy session. And I'm not the therapist you desperately need. So please, go ahead and keep trolling. I'll be over here, thanking the cosmic overlords that I don't share your maladies, and that I'm not the one who's languishing in the Dark Ages.

1 Like

Re: How Lawmakers Accelerated, Passed Bill To Change Nigeria’s National Anthem by jeromestarks: 7:55pm On May 25
JessicaRabbit:

I just did quick review of your profile, and I have to apologize for bothering you to have an actual discussion. Matters of national concern should be the least of your problems. I'm not here to engage in a battle of wits with someone who thinks virginity is a measure of a woman's worth. That's not a debate, that's a therapy session. And I'm not the therapist you desperately need. So please, go ahead and keep trolling. I'll be over here, thanking the cosmic overlords that I don't share your maladies, and that I'm not the one who's languishing in the Dark Ages.

Do you want your daughter to marry as a virgin or as a woman whom many men have slept with?

If you desire your daughters to marry as a virgin, then you can't tell me that virginity isn't a measure of a woman's worth. Even your father can not say such stu.pid thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: NEC Plans Price Review / NPA Approves 10% Discount On Vessels Calling At Eastern Ports / Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.