Stats: 3,165,868 members, 7,862,901 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso (19151 Views)

Fubara Congratulates Sanusi On Reinstatement As 14th Emir Of Kano / Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso / Ganduje Breaks Kano Emirate Into Five, Signs Bill Into Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by RabbleRouser: 8:49am On May 25
The 2023 presidential candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party, NNPP and former governor of Kano State, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso said he didn’t give any directive on reinstatement of HRH Muhammadu Sanusi II as Emir of Kano.

Kwankwaso said he also received the news of the reinstatement of the Emir like every other persons.

The former Minister of Defence stated this in an interview monitored on the BBC Hausa service on Friday.

In his word, “what you saw is what I also saw but I will go to Kano very soon and I will speak with some of the assembly members, especially the speaker, and the Governor on what is happening.

When asked that to many people, a thing of this nature cannot happen without his knowledge as a leader of the party, Kwankwaso said, “Rabiu Kwankwaso has burnt his hands over dictating what to do. We are still with the Governor working together.

“It’s just a matter of offering advice and if you are not asked to, you keep quiet so long things are going right we just pray and hope that they succeed.

“When I said we will revisit the case, I didn’t say the direction to follow. I just said it will be reviewed… When I go there, I will hear what happened and I am sure they will tell me whatever happened and whatever they tell me, we just pray for them. I heard the Assembly members have repealed the law.

“What we were telling them was they should go and investigate whether what happened was done out of goodwill or not. What happened appears to be a vendetta or cheating. It’s just a matter of did Ganduje do right or wrong? It’s not about going against him.

“For those that are looking at it from the perspective of whether it’s going to be tenure-based are somehow right but who started it? When I came back as Governor in 2011;

“…everybody knew that late Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, was not supporting us, he was supporting Shekarau but when we got into power we never thought of dethroning him.
Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/kano-emirate-i-didnt-give-any-directive-on-reinstatement-of-sanusi-kwankwaso/

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by dominique(f): 9:05am On May 25
Oga red cap chief ehy should you be the one to give directives? Because the governor belongs to your party?

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by immortalcrown(m): 9:05am On May 25
I thought that only Christians fight for ranks or thrones in Nigeria.

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by OriOko88(m): 9:43am On May 25
Make all of them gettat. I'm not cut out for all these Kano Emirs brouhaha. Mio fo fun yin atal undecided undecided

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by NzogbuNzogbu: 9:49am On May 25
he cant claim not to be aware, especially with the review

25 Likes

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by richiemcgold: 9:49am On May 25
But it was part of your campaign prior to the last governorship elections?

21 Likes

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by LordIsaac(m): 11:54am On May 25
Northern Unity!😊

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by emkz: 12:10pm On May 25
Is Kwankwaso saying he was never aware of plans to reinstate the Emir?

It is quite shameful that Lamido Sanusi Lamido and Aminu Ado Bayero are being used as pawns in the tripartite fight of Kwankwaso, Ganduje and Yusuf.

To me, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi ought to have refused to return. He was not a particularly popular Emir and was not initially chosen by the kingmakers.

The person who was initially chosen should be allowed to lead, and that is, Sanusi Ado Bayero.

The glory of the emirate must be restored and traditional systems must be put in place to punish "outsiders" who interfere in traditional institutions. A deranged politician should not just remove, install and manipulate kings like the Kano State Governor did.

One thing is also curious: Tinubu, Atiku and Obi united in one thing: 24 hours on, none of them has congratulated the installed Emir Sanusi II.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by BarrElChapo(m): 12:11pm On May 25
Even if you did, no wahala 😂
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by tunjijones(m): 12:11pm On May 25
Una dey craze.

Continue causing confusion

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by STEWpid(f): 12:11pm On May 25
Chai..

Using the revisited Kano wAR to worry people's brain in this harsh economy.

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by atiku4President(m): 12:12pm On May 25
Have never seen a proud man like this Kwankwaso

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by AngelicBeing: 12:12pm On May 25
Rubbishhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by olisaEze(m): 12:12pm On May 25
It’s either this guy is mentally handicapped or he just wants to believe he’s still relevant! Talking about giving directives to the State House of Assembly and the Executive in public means he does not possess the clout he claims to have over the Governor. One fact that never fails is empty barrels make the most noise! Sanusi’s restoration has already been gazetted and can only be challenged but not changed, whether Kwankwaso visits the State or not. That is the power of an incumbent with a rubber stamp legislative! cheesy

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by CuriousCart(f): 12:13pm On May 25
The two Emirs should mount horses and lead their men into battle. That's how it was settled in the days of old which they represent.

How can a historic traditional ruler of the mighty Sokoto Caliphate be at the mercy of modern day lawmakers and governors? Are their traditions and culture dead?

Go to war and let the winner rule Kano and banish the loser to whatever he wishes.

16 Likes

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by onatisi(m): 12:13pm On May 25
Normal response from any sensible god father and politician. He hasn't openly supported or gone against the action. He will like to see which side everyone will belong to and then how to go about the matter .

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by BigYash: 12:14pm On May 25
Nobody wan put body.. The governor is now standing alone with Sanusi.. grin

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Amah70: 12:15pm On May 25
How could he have? Is he the governor of Kano State?
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by NothingDoMe: 12:16pm On May 25
dominique:
Oga red cap chief ehy should you be the one to give directives? Because the governor belongs to your party?
I am very surprised at his statement.

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Bubu4Sea: 12:17pm On May 25
How can a judge not sitting in court give a directive ?

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:17pm On May 25
Dey play

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Diligence: 12:18pm On May 25
I blame one person & one party for this: Gandollar/APC!

What happens if after 4/8 years another Guv or Party sympathetic to the 5 Emirates wins elections?

I blame our founding fathers for conniving with the British to bring traditions under the purview of governors!
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Emu4life(m): 12:18pm On May 25
Stop playing Ostrich, Kwankwaso.

Own up and sincerely deal with that Dollardino for desecrating the Kano Throne
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Donaldoni: 12:19pm On May 25
Buhari and one of the deposed emirs are in-laws.

The governor is not smart at all.

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by TheOtherRoomHQ: 12:19pm On May 25
For Men:
If you're living in the city of Port Harcourt and want a lady to knack this weekend, join our "The Other Room (RIS Chapter) Facebook group and chat up the admins. There's a lady for your budget.

For Ladies:
If you're interested in hookup and you stay in the city of Port Harcourt, join our Facebook group. Chat our admins and they will connect you to good clients.
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Racoon(m): 12:22pm On May 25
Kwankwaso is only deceiving himself. He wants Sanusi back to spite Gandollar.

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by texazzpete(m): 12:22pm On May 25
dominique:

Why did you not bother to read the OP before spouting this take?

Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by Successlane: 12:28pm On May 25
mm
Re: Kano Emirate: I Didn’t Give Any Directive On Reinstatement Of Sanusi – Kwankwaso by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 12:30pm On May 25
emkz:
Is Kwankwaso saying he was never aware of plans to reinstate the Emir?

It is quite shameful that Lamido Sanusi Lamido and Aminu Ado Bayero are being used as pawns in the tripartite fight of Kwankwaso, Ganduje and Yusuf.

To me, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi ought to have refused to return. He was not a particularly popular Emir and was not initially chosen by the kingmakers.

The person who was initially chosen should be allowed to lead, and that is, Sanusi Ado Bayero.

The glory of the emirate must be restored and traditional systems must be put in place to punish "outsiders" who interfere in traditional institutions. A deranged politician should not just remove, install and manipulate kings like the Kano State Governor did.

One thing is also curious: Tinubu, Atiku and Obi united in one thing: 24 hours on, none of them has congratulated the installed Emir Sanusi II.

You're saying nonsense. Pure nonsense!!! You criticized the current governor but you didn't see it that Ganduje tampered with the traditional institution. People like you that have warped type of reasoning always judge things in a one-sided way.

Saraki Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders / Buhari’s Speech At The Swearing-In Of Kayode Ariwoola As Acting CJN (Full Text) / We’ve Nothing To Do With MC Oluomo — INEC Replies Atiku