Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,857 members, 7,862,813 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement (33568 Views)

Protest Against Reinstatement Of Sanusi As Emir Of Kano Hits Villa, NASS / Sanusi II Hurriedly Leaves Public Function In Rivers After Reinstatement News / We Do Not Interfere In Ooni's Selection Of Oloris - Sisters To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Islie: 2:21pm On May 25
Muhammadu Sanusi says President Bola Tinubu did not interfere in his reinstatement as the Emir of Kano.

On Thursday, Abba Yusuf, governor of Kano, announced the reinstatement of Sanusi after signing the new Kano Emirate Council Law.

The state assembly had passed the amended Kano State Emirate Council (Repeal) Bill 2024.

The law repealed the 2019 version, which balkanised the Kano emirate into five jurisdictions and was relied upon to depose Sanusi as Emir in 2020.

Speaking on the development in an interview with Television Continental (TVC), Sanusi said Tinubu recognised that the Kano drama was a local matter and resisted all pressure to interfere.

The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) added that he was not given an opportunity to defend himself after being dethroned on “unsubstantiated allegations”.

He described his return to the throne as a correction of injustice done to the people, culture and tradition of Kano.

[i]“As you know, I was appointed the 14th Emir of the single emirate of Kano in June 2014 and now I am reappointed as the Emir of the single emirate of Kano,” he said.

In between that period, we did not have a single emirate. We had five balkanised emirates and this was an injustice to the history of Kano. It was an attack on our history, our culture, on our traditions, and it was an act of betrayal to our family.

We thank Allah that today, the emirate has been unified again, its people have been brought together, that an injustice has been corrected because as you know, I was dethroned on an allegation of insubordination which was never specified.

I was never given an opportunity to defend myself but I have never spoken about it because I’ve always assumed that when the time is up, it’s up. Today, I thank God that God has remained as we know, a faithful God who stands by justice.

I would also like to express my thanks to his excellency Alhaji Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu without whose principled stance of non-interference in the internal affairs of the state, this would not have been possible.

“The president has shown that he is a respecter of the constitution and the separation of powers, he recognises that this is a purely local matter and that the government has a responsibility to do what is right for the state. I’m aware that he has resisted all pressure to get the federal government to be involved.

“This for me is a continuation of service that I started, it is also an opportunity God has given me to improve on my previous tenure.

“We all learn from our mistakes and it is our responsibility to improve on the things we did well and avoid those things we did not do well. Life is a continuous learning process. I’ve enjoyed the break of the last four years.”[/i]

He also thanked the Kano state government and the security services for maintaining law and order in the state.

He assured the state and federal government of his loyalty and cooperation, saying “they can be assured that they would find in me a friend, confidant and adviser”.

https://www.thecable.ng/sanusi-tinubu-resisted-pressure-to-interfere-in-my-reinstatement/amp/

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Snake001: 2:22pm On May 25
Hehehe

Omo Démólá yí dà?

nlfpmod!!! Ademola!!!

Let him move this to the front page.

This really shows Tinubu is a law abiding citizen just like me and you.

Omoluabis don’t interfere in other people’s cultures or politics.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by richiemcgold: 2:34pm On May 25
I'm happy that Mr President is playing a neutral role in this melee

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Imide: 2:36pm On May 25
Thank God this government doesn't have cabal

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by azadus18: 2:38pm On May 25
Khalifa Sanusi lamido Sanusi CFR 💕

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Paraman: 2:44pm On May 25
Tinubu is a good and law abiding president.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by simpleseyi: 2:46pm On May 25
richiemcgold:
I'm happy that Mr President is playing a neutral role in this melee

In the first instance, it was Tinubu who influenced his appointment by Kwakwanso when the last Emir died. I remember that the FG lead by Goatluck Jonathan already congratulated the other contestant then , Tinubu was on Kwakwanso's neck to appoint Sanusi Lamido Sanusi the pedophille because Tinubu wanted someone who would work assiduously again Jonathan's reelection being that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was at that time recently disgraced by Jonathan.

71 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Racoon(m): 2:47pm On May 25
Gandollar is being systematically stripped naked and dislodged from power.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:48pm On May 25
But one Obidient elderly man once accused BAT of stirring up crisis in ever region

Some people are shameless

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by PressMyButton: 2:49pm On May 25
We've not seen the end to this.

56 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by PressMyButton: 2:51pm On May 25
simpleseyi:

In the first instance, it was Tinubu who influenced his appointment by Kwakwanso when the last Emir died.
And it was the elder Bayero the rightful heir to the throne not Sanusi.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by simpleseyi: 2:53pm On May 25
PressMyButton:

And it was the elder Bayero the rightful heir to the throne not Sanusi.

It cannot be. The Emir that died was his father (Bayero), so the son cannot be the next Emir considering the fact that there are two families entitled to the throne notwithstanding that the two families are cousins.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by LordIsaac(m): 2:53pm On May 25
It’s even foolish to think that if the great Jagaban wanted to erase the name “Sanusi” he couldn’t (especially in a lawless society like Nigeria), let alone stopping him from being reinstated. Jagaban has a good heart…he is a politician truly worthy of emulation.

I wonder why they keep underestimating Jagaban the Great!😊

Don’t bother quoting me except you understand basic logic!😊

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by BondRiv: 3:18pm On May 25
This is not a compliment. Tinubu is making a lot of political mistakes. When he will need to stamp his authority, it will be of no effect. Change course now. Nothing like non interference. Stay on this course and regret it.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by WizardOfNG: 3:34pm On May 25
BondRiv:
This is not a compliment. Tinubu is making a lot of political mistakes. When he will need to stamp his authority, it will be of no effect. Change course now. Nothing like non interference. Stay on this course and regret it.

You’re not being objective nor are you taking into consideration the reality of Nigeria.

Our nation is toxically and religiously charged at the moment. There is no gain for Tinubu, a Yoruba, going to intervene forcefully in the affairs of Northerners.

He will be accused of bias and insensitivity so cannot win. Best to remain neutral and direct aggrieved folks to seek redress legally.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by EponObi(f): 3:44pm On May 25
I won't expect anything less from the Grandmaster of African Politics. 👑

19 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Beautifulday: 3:47pm On May 25
This one is playing mind games with the presidency

11 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by BondRiv: 3:52pm On May 25
WizardOfNG:

You’re not being objective nor are you taking into consideration the reality of Nigeria.

Our nation is toxically and religiously charged at the moment. There is no gain for Tinubu, a Yoruba, going to intervene forcefully in the affairs of Northerners.

He will be accused of bias and insensitivity so cannot win. Best to remain neutral and direct aggrieved folks to seek redress legally.

I am objective. I simply did an analysis. I liked his intervention in Rivers State and the resolutions that were issued. However, he didn't follow up with their total implemention and now the state is back to chaos. It should not be that way. The aim must be achieved, don't stop halfway.

Ever since, there has been a pattern developing in his administration and it is not a good one. You see it in Ajuri Ngelale's comments about Rivers State. When he will want to exercise authority in the future, it may be met with resistance. You have to start wetting the ground. Now this is politics, you have to know how to maneuver.

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by EponObi(f): 3:52pm On May 25
BondRiv:

Lmaooo. Stamp authority as if he's a dictator or military head of state.

If he interfered, na folks like you go dey cry wolf.

No be you go teach the best politician ever in Nigeria how to run his political game.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by EponObi(f): 3:53pm On May 25
BondRiv:

I am objective. I simply did an analysis. I liked his intervention in Rivers State and the resolutions that were issued. However, he didn't follow up with their total implemention. Now the state is back to chaos. It should not be that way. The aim must be achieved, don't stop halfway.

Ever since, there has been a patterng developing in his administration and it is not a good one. You see it in Ajuri Ngelale's comment about Rivers State. When he will want to exercise authority in the future, it may be met with resistance. You have to start wetting the ground. Now this is politics, you have to know how to maneuver.

You clearly don't understand separation of power.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by BondRiv: 3:57pm On May 25
EponObi:

You clearly don't understand separation of power.

I understand it more than you do. What you don't understand is politics.
Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by EponObi(f): 4:02pm On May 25
BondRiv:

I understand it more than you do. What you don't understand is politics.

Then your knowledge of politics is very shallow.

Him talk say make Asiwaju interfere in Kano and Rivers politics, because say na family matter. Go warm eba chop jooor.

15 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by BondRiv: 4:05pm On May 25
EponObi:

Lmaooo. Stamp authority as if he's a dictator or military head of state.

If he interfered, na folks like you go dey cry wolf.

No be you go teach the best politician ever in Nigeria how to run his political game.

The president must know when to step in, if it is appropriate, I won't fault it. Best politician to you. I don't believe in that nonsense. Everyone can be taught. Learning never ends. Even presidents have advisers.

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by BondRiv: 4:07pm On May 25
EponObi:

Then your knowledge of politics is very shallow.

Him talk say make Asiwaju interfere in Kano and Rivers politics, because say na family matter. Go warm eba chop jooor.

You are not worth my time.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by EponObi(f): 4:10pm On May 25
BondRiv:

The president must know when to step in, if it is appropriate, I won't fault it. Best politician to you. I don't believe in that nonsense. Everyone can be taught. Learning never ends. Even presidents have advisers.

Ok. We don hear. Lol

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by TheFacelessMan: 4:10pm On May 25
Beautifulday:
This one is playing mind games with the presidency

LOL. Which mind games?

Why's it so hard for BAT'S critics to admit when he gets political moves right ? ( at least 95% of time)

You're pained despite hearing from the horse's (Sanusi) mouth, you still want to claim otherwise.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by TheFacelessMan: 4:11pm On May 25
Mariangeles:

Perhaps, he should start by getting governance right, don't you agree?
Maybe then, the citizens will begin to respect and see him as their president.

Lol. You 🫵 think Tinubu really gives a hoot about your so-called "respect" ?

Whether you see him as President or not, his address for the next 4 years and likely 8 is Aso Rock...

He's still Number 1 Nigerian and the several countries that received him accorded him that status regardless of your opinion.

Conclusion : you overestimate your relevance in the grand scheme of things.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Beautifulday: 4:13pm On May 25
TheFacelessMan:

LOL. Which mind games?

Why's it so hard for BAT'S critics to admit when he gets political moves right ? ( at least 95% of time)

You're pained despite hearing from the horse's (Sanusi) mouth, you still want to claim otherwise.

Do you even know what is mind game?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by TheFacelessMan: 4:14pm On May 25
Beautifulday:

Do you even know what is mind game?

You obviously don't.

"Mind games*" by the way.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Beautifulday: 4:15pm On May 25
TheFacelessMan:

You obviously don't.

"Mind games*" by the way.

We are not here to speak grammar
Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by commoditiesnig: 5:24pm On May 25
Good. PBAT needs not interfere

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi: Tinubu Resisted Pressure To Interfere In My Reinstatement by Kutunban: 5:37pm On May 25
Wise statement.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Kano Emirate Admits Spending N3.4 Billion / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently / A Brief History Of Ikwerre.(port Harcourt)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.