Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,961 members, 7,863,414 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:19 PM

Melody High School (Chapter 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Melody High School (Chapter 1) (231 Views)

Musical High School (Chapter 1) / One Night Stand With A Virgin Chapter 1 / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melody High School (Chapter 1) by SiriMySister: 8:01am On May 26
It was a warm summer night, and the moon shone brightly through the window of Daisy's bedroom. But Daisy was anything but peaceful. She tossed and turned in her sleep, her brow furrowed and her breathing heavy.

She was having the same nightmare she'd had so many times before. It was a memory, from five years ago. The night her parents had died in a car crash, but she'd survived.

••••

FLASHBACK**

Daisy sat in the backseat of the car, wearing her favorite pink dress and clutching her teddy bear. Her parents were chatting happily, their voices drifting over the sound of the radio.

"Mom, I want to be a singer like you, and a songwriter like Dad," Daisy said.

Her mother turned around to smile at her. "You can be anything you want to be, honey, you have all the talent in the world."she said.

Daisy smiled back at her mother, feeling a warm glow inside. She loved her parents so much, and she knew they loved her too.

There was a sudden loud pop, followed by a violent shaking of the car. Then, everything went black.

When Daisy opened her eyes again, she was disoriented. Everything was upside down. She could feel the hot blood running down her face and pooling beneath her head. She turned her head to the side and saw her parents, lying motionless in the front seat, covered in blood.

Daisy tried to speak, but she could only manage a few syllables. "Mo... da... please wake up."

The panic and fear were overwhelming, and she knew they were trapped in the car. Smoke was filling the air, making it hard to breathe. She tried to scream, but no sound came out. She was trapped, with no way to escape.

••••

END OF FLASHBACK**

Daisy's eyes snapped open, and she realized she was in her own bed, safe at home. She was drenched in sweat, and her heart was pounding in her chest. She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down.

Then she heard her aunt calling her name again, this time from downstairs. She must have been calling for a while, for her voice sounded desperate. Daisy scrambled out of bed,and rushed down the stairs.

As Daisy stepped into the living room, she saw her aunt and her cousin, Elisa, sitting on the sofa. They both looked up at her, their expressions unreadable.

"Finally, you're here," her aunt said, her voice cold and unforgiving. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

Daisy's heart sank. She had no idea what she had done to make her aunt so angry.

"I'm... I'm sorry," she stammered, but her aunt only glared at her, her eyes hard as ice.

"Sorry won't cut it, you've wasted enough of our time already. You're lucky I'm not throwing you out on the street." Her aunt said.

"Go make breakfast," she said, her voice stern and Elisa smirked.

As Daisy stood in the kitchen, making breakfast for her aunt and cousin, her mind drifted back to the last five years. She remembered the day her parents had died, and the overwhelming sadness and grief that had followed.

She remembered how her aunt had taken her in, but how cold and demanding she had been. Daisy had felt like a servant in her own home, and her cousin, Elisa, had only made things worse. Elisa had been a source of constant torment, making fun of Daisy and belittling her at every turn.

But over the years, Daisy had grown stronger, and she no longer felt like the little girl five years ago, she is now 18 and can take care of herself.

Elisa was already seated at the table, and she looked up with a smug smile on her face. Daisy set the tray down in front of her cousin, unable to meet her gaze. Elisa picked up a piece of toast and took a bite, her eyes never leaving Daisy's face.

Daisy turned and walked out of the room, her heart beating faster. She closed the door behind her, taking a deep breath and leaning against it. She looked at herself in the mirror, seeing the strain on her face.

As she looked in the mirror, she studied her own reflection. Her long, dark hair cascaded down her back in waves, and her eyes were a deep brown, like dark chocolate. Her skin was smooth and fair, and her lips were full and pink. She had an elegant nose and high cheekbones, and her features were both delicate and strong.

But more than her physical appearance, she had a strength within her that made her truly beautiful. Her spirit was strong, and she was determined to be more than just a pawn in her aunt's game.

••••

BRAUN MANSION**

Ever heard of a playboy who is also a stepbrother? Well, meet Ricky and Rocky, the most notorious playboys in New York City.

They hate each other with a passion! While Ricky is a talented singer and songwriter, Rocky can only sing and rap. And when they collide on the stairs, all hell breaks loose.

“Are you blind?” Ricky asked, his voice sharp with irritation.

“You’re the one who’s blind, didn’t you see me coming?” Rocky retorted.

Ricky's eyes narrowed. “You’re the one who ran into,you’re so stupid, you have eyes but no brains!” he snapped.

Rocky folded his arms across his chest. “So you’re saying I’m stupid?” he asked.

“Is there someone else here? Because it sure seems like you’re the only one who doesn’t have any brains.” Ricky said with a smirk.

Rocky’s face flushed with anger. “I’ll show you who’s got no brains, you jerk!” he snarled, and punched Ricky hard in the face.

Ricky was about to retaliate when the sound of footsteps interrupted them. Their maids rushed into the room, their eyes wide with alarm.

“Enough of this nonsense! You two can’t be fighting all the time.” Madam Zoe said, her hands on her hips.

“He started it!” Rocky said, pointing an accusing finger at Ricky.

“I was just defending myself.” Ricky rolled his eyes.

“I don’t care who started it, I need you two to stop this childish behavior, or there will be consequences.” Madam Zoe said, her voice stern.

"Then tell him to stay away from me!" Ricky shouted as he stormed out of the house.

Rocky watched him go, his fists clenched and his eyes burning with anger. He turned and walked in the opposite direction, seething with resentment.

•••••

A RESTAURANT**

Daisy rushed into the restaurant, her heart still pounding from the argument she’d had with her aunt and cousin. She hurried to the dressing room to change into her uniform, eager to get to work and forget about her troubles.

“You’re late, What took you so long." her boss said, as she walked into the dining area.

“I got caught in traffic, there was a huge accident and the whole road was blocked." Daisy lied, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"You and your silly excuses, anyways go and serve table 4." Her boss said and walked out from the changing room.

“One cocktail, coming right up,” Daisy said, turning to grab the drink from the bar. She returned to the table and placed the cocktail in front of the customer, who didn’t even look up from his phone.

As she turned to head back to the kitchen, she heard her name being called from the door. She turned to see her closest friends standing there, waving and smiling at her.

“Daisy!” her friend Barbie called .

"Oh Hi?" Daisy replied, a mixture of excitement and disbelief in her voice.

“Melody High is offering a scholarship, and we could actually have a chance of winning! This is our chance to make our dreams come true.” Barbie said, her eyes shining.

Daisy’s heart started racing. She had always dreamed of attending Melody High, but she’d never thought it would actually be possible.

“Is this for real?” she asked, not quite able to believe it.

"Yeah." Barbie said with a smile.

“Then let’s go get the forms!” Daisy exclaimed, her heart racing with excitement.

“Let’s make our dreams come true!”

They ran out of the restaurant, hailing a cab. As they got in, they shared a look of excitement, knowing that this could be the start of something amazing.

“ To Melody High!” Daisy said, as the cab pulled away from the curb.

••••

MELODY HIGH**

The girls got out of the cab and hurried inside the administration building, where they found the scholarship forms. As they turned to leave, Daisy bumped into someone, nearly dropping the forms.

“I’m so sorry,” she said, looking up to see who she had bumped into. To her surprise, it was Bianca, the girl who had always made fun of her for wanting to go to Melody High.

Bianca glared at her, her lip curling in disgust.

“Are you crazy? Why would you bump into me and even step on my shoe? Do you know how much this shoe cost? I bet it’s more than you could ever afford!” Bianca snapped, her voice dripping with disdain.

“i'm sorry, what else do you want me to do?” Daisy said, shrinking under Bianca glare.

Just then, Bianca gave her a slapped on the cheek, leaving a mark.

Barbie gasped, shocked by the turn of events.

Bianca hissed, about to walk away, when Daisy grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

“Where do you think you’re going, you b*tch?” Daisy asked, her voice low and dangerous.

TO Be Continued
https://sirimysister.com/melody-high-school-chapter-2/

(1) (Reply)

Article: Graduate For Another Country / Complicated / How To Write Killer Article In 30 Minute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.