Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,951 members, 7,863,384 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47269 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:34am On May 26
judedwriter:
Truth must be told, Jehovah witnesses are a cult and teach wrong biblical doctrine.... undecided

However they are more persistent in their 'soul winning and evangelism' efforts than many pentecostal Christians who prefer to hide behind the ministries of their spiritual leaders.

Their resilience is admirable, but their doctrine is questionable.

I like the way you put your last sentence.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Blendy77(f): 10:34am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.

Serious cult. Other Christian denomination do not disown their children if they choose to worship in other churches even as children talkless of adults cos we believe God is one and there is freedom of worship. But u see JW, they are extremists to the core. They disown children, relatives or anyone who leaves their church or marries a non member who refuses to convert to JW. As a JW member, you cannot enter another church for a function like wedding or thanksgiving, it's expressly forbidden no matter how closely related you are. U will see father's forbidding to attend their child's wedding cos its conducted in another denomination even if the child was never a witness as in like born outside wedlock or divorced parents. They said celebrating of birthday that is mentioned in the bible is forbidden, yet celebrating of wedding anniversary that was never mentioned in the bible is not forbidden. When I argued it out wt one of their member, he said Jesus christ attended a wedding and performed his first miracle at a wedding. Wedding and and anniversary are they the same? Run away from those people if u don't want then to mess-up your brain with wrong teaching. U will see them loss their wives during CS and other major surgeries cos they forbid blood transfusion yet remarry almost immediately the wife passes on cos their bible says u are free to remarry once a partner dies forgetting they are the cause of death. Very wicked and mean people. I lived with a lot of them while growing up, both as family and as neighbors, even colleagues, as far as concerned they are only good at turning the bible upside down. They don't pray in gatherings like office or general prayer if its not a jw member conducting that prayer. On top same God and Jesus we worship o, they don't play or listen to gospel music praising God, it's a taboo but sing all the secular music with rotten lyrics, they are encouraged to drink alcohol to stupor cos according to them Jesus first miracle was turning water to alcohol so its allowed. U will see brothers treating their fellow brothers like non humans because they found the truth and left JW. Why should anyone chose for another adult how to worship his creator? A relative of mine left JW cos he was disfellowshipped for marrying a non member who refuses to convert, non of our JW relatives attended the wedding even his blood brother n parents. The wife later died after sone yrs, you won't believe same JW people started saying he experienced that tragedy cos he left JW. That if he doesn't return he will never be happy. Why should disaster happen to anyone who leaves if its not a cult? They themselves don't they experience tragedy while there? These are the lies they use in tieing down their members deceiving them and caging them. No normal Christian home prays for evil for anyone cos they left ur church for another. In Baptist sef as a member, if u say u want to leave to start ur own church or move to another denomination they will call your family out, pray for u and do a sendforth wishing you well. Not jw that will be praying for u to die to prove that u are not suppose to leave on top same God all Christians worship. Run very very far from them.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by udemzyudex(m): 10:34am On May 26
That cult group.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 10:34am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
What is the difference between an Offering and Voluntary Offering? grin Bro, No difference. An Offering is always voluntary. Secondly, regarding tithing. The purpose of tithing is to solve some monetary problem in the church. JW don't take tithe but they take donations or Voluntary offering.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by TrustedLawyer: 10:36am On May 26
I'm not a Witness, but I agree with you 💯 I have been to Kingdom Hall in Akure and Porthrcourt. They have been to my house many times in Lagos for evangelism. All you have said is the truth.

Their Awake magazine always have well researched articles.

Back 2004, it was their book "Mankind's Search for God" made me understand Christianity. It was some kind of comparative religion book.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by NewNigeria2: 10:37am On May 26
Skydivine:
There are some of their teachings that are very dogmatic.
Their stance on blood transfusion
Their teaching about paradise on earth
Their interpretation of the Adamic nature of sin
The meaning and interpretation of hedge and hell
There is no evidence to suggest your interpretation is better. Understand yours in your own way and give other the liberty to understand the Bible in their own way. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:38am On May 26
Apologize:
If youre a JW reading this pls im currently stranded at where im at. Kindly assist with just ONE KAY here is my acct 21 99 43O 13O Uba [Michael]...i can withdraw from the road side Pos pls

If you're one of us just ask for your brothers in that place and your problem will be solved immediately but if you're not one of us then try to call either your family members or better still members of your own religion.

May you have PEACE!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:38am On May 26
blowjohn:
OP I respect ur views but I think ur inserting emotions.

Ur assertions is like people that say that this pastor is real because of his philanthropy.

It's like saying that this or that church is better because they cater for the poor in all their branches.

Again, I ask u, how do u have respect for a church that u ur self already stated that u don't agree with some of their teachings?

Any doctrine not of the Bible is heresy, false, satanic, and Antichrist.

Take note: am not branding the Jehovah's witness as false or evil.

Am saying that when it comes to Christ like teachings or things of God, if it's not it, then it's not it.

U have no business respecting some parts of it.

I say this, cos if u try to change the thi gs u don't like( by the way this are weighty subjects), u will meet a brick wall.

If I go to a church and am forced to pay 150k for annoitinh oil, I will run away even if the pastor there does all the evengelism or all the philanthropy in this world.

U have to be careful about edifying certain things. These are the end times.

OP, some of ur points are weak.

Devotion, less emphasis on money.

They don't even indulge in many spiritual things like the pentecostals.

Money: that's subjective. Av met one that likes money like tomorrow no dey.

Lower divorce rate: do they marry outside their church?
Why?
Is it biblical?

Lastly, ask ur self: the things u don't agree on with them, are they weighty enough for u to give them respect? Are they such that one can lose his/her soul if followed?

If they are administrative petty things like dressing then, Perhaps fine.
But if they are teachings that hold no place in the Bible then to me, I stay clear.

Peace.

Thanks for taking the time to write me but I think you missed the whole point of this article. One can actually disagree with something and still respect its consistency regardless. It's a matter of consistency, not correctness.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:40am On May 26
Dcaliphate:
They're quite fervent in all they do and they make very loyal friends

Well observed!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by DCmonster: 10:40am On May 26
Jehovah witness are bunch of hypocrites. Very criminal minded people not different from unbelievers. They are Masters of deception don't be fooled.
They are very much engrossed in the secular world now that their girls are into runs and boys into Yahoo.
The grown men are all over social media looking for a white or American JW to marry and escape poverty.
I have come across a lot of these criminal minded JW from the ones who stole their boss money and ran away, the ones who fled with people's money, the young girls doing runs, the divorced women and men fvcking their young members and people's wives a whole lot. grin grin grin
Jehovah witness is a sect masquerading as Christian's while also operating like a secret society.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by NewNigeria2: 10:41am On May 26
Truvelisback:
What is the difference between an Offering and Voluntary Offering? grin Bro, No difference. An Offering is always voluntary. Secondly, regarding tithing. The purpose of tithing is to solve some monetary problem in the church. JW don't take tithe but they take donations or Voluntary offering.
The difference is you're forced or mandated to offer some money at church. In Voluntary offering you're not mandated to offer anything. All my years as Jehovah witness I don't think I contributed up to 5 times,but when I started going to other church,I was paying offering constantly. See,when it comes to offering en,give it to Jehovah's witness

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by correctguy101(m): 10:41am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.

Every religious organization is a cult... The settings are the same, just with different rituals and codes.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:41am On May 26
Johel:

Yeah I respect them too...I am atheist, but I like how they go about their religious beliefs.

Thank you. I will be praying for you.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Shomek(m): 10:41am On May 26
Nice thread

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 10:43am On May 26
DCmonster:
Jehovah witness are bunch of hypocrites. Very criminal minded people not different from unbelievers. They are Masters of deception don't be fooled.
They are very much engrossed in the secular world now that their girls are into runs and boys into Yahoo.
The grown men are all over social media looking for a white or American JW to marry and escape poverty.
I have come across a lot of these criminal minded JW from the ones who stole their boss money and ran away, the ones who fled with people's money, a whole lot. grin grin grin
Jehovah witness is a sect masquerading as Christian's while also operating like a secret society.

Gbamest. I pity people who are fooled by outward appearance.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:43am On May 26
tunde1200:
All these your reasons are what made me to like them despite being a devoted Muslim.
Also most of their obligations are supported by Islam.

Good to know this.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by simpleseyi: 10:43am On May 26
Fortunately or unfortunately, these listed by the OP are 100% TRUE. Jehovah Witnesses are not perfect, even the Angels are not, but Jehovah Witnesses try , they are far better than most of us, Christian or Muslin.

Anyway, I am a Muslim who grew up in the churches

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:44am On May 26
Jocdon:
In terms of money please dont compare Jehova witness with Christ embassy. The very first time i went for a program in Christ embassy they want to use billing in the name of offerings to destroy my pocket and i ran away.

I understand you but at least their book, “Rhapsody of Reality” is free of charge. Isn't it?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Elinosweet143(f): 10:45am On May 26
I agree with the OP on this seriously i have friends that are JW members and i can tell you, they have love amongst them, they really look out for their members the little way they can with emphasis on LITTLE way they can and it's very commendable

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by simpleseyi: 10:45am On May 26
DCmonster:
I have come across a lot of these criminal minded JW from the ones who stole their boss money and ran away, the ones who fled with people's money, the young girls doing runs, the divorced women and men fvcking their young members and people's wives a whole lot. grin grin grin

Jehovah Witnesses are not perfect, just like you and I. But the magnitude of hatred that you other Christians have for them says a lot about you all. Only CCC and C and S do not say nonsense about other denominations, but you Pentecostals are a bunch of Hell Fire bound children of Satan.

Jehovah Witnesses are the only group of people who refused to fight in the World Wars. They said that they cannot understand why the Bishop of England will pray for English soldiers to go and kill Germans who are created by God, or why the Bishop of Germany will pray for German soldiers to go and people who are created by God in England, France, Russia e.t.c. Hitler killed several German Jehovah Witnesses for refusing to go to war, England, US, France and others too imprisoned several Jehovah Witnesses for refusing to go to war and kill people who are created by the same God that the soldiers pray onto before going to kill. Maybe we all need to think about this

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:46am On May 26
Sapeleboy911:
Nothing to argue here, but one thing I dislike about these people is sometimes they see people of other faiths as not true Christ worshippers, and they can be very extreme in their beliefs.

My former neighbor's wife dissolved their over 20 years marriage because the husband had erectile dysfunction and low sperm count, the man refused to take medical treatment citing his religious beliefs. To date, he has just a single child. He is not bothered and still doing his evangelism diligently.

You are absolutely right.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by simpleseyi: 10:47am On May 26
Courz:

Gbamest. I pity people who are fooled by outward appearance.

They don't say negative things about you, why do you hate them so much?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:47am On May 26
dinkyicon:
i disagree with biblical knowledge plssss

That's fine, you can also write your own article on why you disagree with me. I promise to comment. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 10:48am On May 26
simpleseyi:

Jehovah Witnesses are not perfect, just like you and I. But the magnitude of hatred that you other Christians have for them says a lot about you all. Only CCC and C and S do not say nonsense about other denominations, but you Pentecostals are a bunch of Hell Fire bound children of Satan

But you Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to hate other denominations now. You are taught that you are the only ones that will be in God's kingdom while the others will be destroyed at Armageddon. You are also told to avoid association with others. So, you JWs hate others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:49am On May 26
anthonyuncle:
Since this is based on your personal experience, I can tell you that your experience is very low

That's fine, you can also write a counter-article on why my “experience is very low”. I promise to comment. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by correctguy101(m): 10:49am On May 26
DeepSight:

This is almost as rare as the unicorn with JWs.

True...

Especially where they're dealing with those who aren't JW... I know as my family (except for my late father, my royal self, very few cousins. and an uncle) are part of JWs.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 10:51am On May 26
simpleseyi:

They don't say negative things about you, why do you hate them so much?

You Jehovah's Witnesses have been saying negative things about other denominations from the very moment your Cult started. Your founder Charles Taze Russell said Christendom will be destroyed in 1914 which never came to pass. Your leader Rutherford said the same thing using different dates which ended up being False prophecies. You are taught that Satan rules Christendom while you JWs will have everlasting life. You JWs have never said anything good about others. So, why are you shocked that the tables have turned to you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Boomark(m): 10:51am On May 26
Skydivine:
There are some of their teachings that are very dogmatic.
Their stance on blood transfusion
Their teaching about paradise on earth
Their interpretation of the Adamic nature of sin
The meaning and interpretation of hedge and hell

Go and read Revelation 20, 21, and 22. Take note the new heaven and new earth, new Jerusalem, kings of the earth. What happened in Israel was a showdown of what is to come. These are the last things that will be happening.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:52am On May 26
broswilli:
A cult that is going down gradually. Do you know that as a parent you are not permitted to talk to your child that has left the religion. They just lifted the ban on men keeping beards. Do you know that the religion teaches that Christ did not die for the Sins of all mankind but he died for just 144,000 persons known as the anointed ones. They once taught that the people that lived around 1914 will not all die before Christ returns, they have replaced this teaching with a more ridiculous teaching known as overlapping generations. The teaching of overlapping generations is so ridiculous even a genius will find it difficult to understand. I have given you just a few of their teachings which will not be made known to you until you join. When you join and later find out the stupidity of this religion and decide to leave they will tell their members and others who care to listen to rubbish that you are mentally diseased. Spreading negativity against former members (who they fondly refer to as apostates) is known as Spiritual Warfare. It is best not to even join because the spiritual warfare against you when you decide to leave could be devastating.

I appreciate your submission but you are not entirely correct. Especially the below:

“Do you know that the religion teaches that Christ did not die for the Sins of all mankind but he died for just 144,000 persons known as the anointed ones”.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Vinnie2000(m): 10:53am On May 26
bennybuhari:
The doctrine of not celebrating birthdays because King Herod beheaded John the Baptist on his birthday is absurd and ridiculous

What is More Ridiculous is that they celebrate Company's Anniversaries. sad

Can celebrate a business entity but not a Human.

One of my Mother's JW friend, when she hit 70 Years, they Bullshit them, called her Friends and did a Big Birthday Bash! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Isokoson1: 10:53am On May 26
Make the op getout abeg, Jehovah witness way my guy dey attend with him fada for years, d fada come dey sick, and nah blood the old man need, omo the church no gree, and this my guy just newly get work for immigration, and the fada nah okada em dey do take train the children till dey graduate, nah time way him go chop the fruit of him labour reach, una dey say make the children no donate blood give Dia fada, omo bros change am for the church nah, tell them to go to hell, that whether they like it or not the father must collect blood transfusion , Las Las the boy and the younger brothers run am.. Their fada they enjoy now as I dey tell you.. That church dey cage people seriously...church way Dia members dey keep malice like say tomorrow no dey.. Op getout abeg. ..

Even if you put gun for head ,I no go fit step my two left leg inside that place...

I no kukuma dey go church because all the pastors are all pastorprenuer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 10:53am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi

These are all your main points....

1. Evangelism

2. Civility

3. Biblical knowledge

4. Lower divorce rate.

5. Devotion

6. Less emphasis on money

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years,

Oga you are still on the outside and that means they show you and make you see what you want to see grin grin

I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people.

No they are not widely misunderstood. Many know them as wolves in sheep clothing. Their members on nairaland come to insult and abuse people who don't dance to their religious tune, they disrespect any other Christian religious denominations calling them false Christians because they are simply not Jehovah’s witnesses grin grin but when they knock your doors they call you Christian friends why not call you false Christians friends grin grin grin

Do I totally agree with them? No,

You cannot, while still on the outside you cannot agree with them, what happens when you are on the inside? You will be kicked out and called apostates, gas lighted, called mentally diseased for choosing to do the right thing grin

I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing.

What is there in the subject of trinity and tithing that removes love of God and neighbours? Do you have to believe tithing and trinity to know what to do regarding love of God and neighbour.

I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

You are not the only one to tell us you respect them. Many cannot say same for their members here on this platform not to talk elsewhere. grin grin

These are all your main points while you respect them ....

1. Evangelism

2. Civility

3. Biblical knowledge

4. Lower divorce rate.

5. Devotion

6. Less emphasis on money

Your eyes see what you want it to see. grin Come with stats let's see how well they do when compared with others. Dem sell outward conformity and unity in lies as civility, biblical knowledge, evangelism and devotion grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

ChiMarine Temple: Native Doctor Visits Orphanage Home In Delta, Donates Gifts / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' / The Lover Boy Who Was Having Sex With The Wrong Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.