Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,195 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47258 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:54am On May 26
bosundaniel:
I think you're a member of Jehovah's Witness.

You are wrong. Sorry about that.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Bluntemperor: 10:55am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.

You are damn deep and Truthful and God bless you,bro.
The OP reasons is along the Secular World that is sinking,not Biblical nor Spiritual.
Which Evangelism are Jehovah Members doing?
QED.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:55am On May 26
OviOrunmila:
I developed these feelings when I was 7 years old. Why didn't my parents want us to play at the neighborhood houses of those not in our congregation,

But were okay with us visiting distant Jehovah's Witnesses? Mom said, "Bad associations spoil good habits." These people were considered bad

Associations because they weren't part of us. We only visited them for Bible study and to preach. Jehovah's Witnesses and other Christian groups have spread more hatred than love. So, I left that association and chose humanity over religion.

Copied

Humanity should always come first. I agree
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by simpleseyi: 10:55am On May 26
Courz:

But you Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to hate other denominations now. You are taught that you are the only ones that will be in God's kingdom while the others will be destroyed at Armageddon. You are also told to avoid association with others. So, you JWs hate others.

They are not taught to hate others. That's why they do not say negative things about you other Christians, you are the ones that say nonsense about them. Didn't your own churches too teach you to avoid white garment Churches, Jehovah Witnesses, and Muslims like me?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by tctrills: 10:56am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
I have debated and argued with them for years now on Nairaland but I must say, you are mostly right.
They are one of the most civil (Not their Nairaland online soldiers)
They engage in missionary work but then, different organizations have their different methods.
They are one of the few christian organizations that don't emphasize on money.
They study the bible and their doctrines and are better informed than most Christians
As for the divorce rate, we don't have great statistics in Nigeria so I will do some research and post on the topic.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by simpleseyi: 10:56am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.

Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 10:57am On May 26
anthonyuncle:
Since this is based on your personal experience, I can tell you that your experience is very low

As in his experience is out of depth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:57am On May 26
EdiskyHarry:
I am not a member of the Jehovah witness, but what you are saying is nothing but the truth.
One other thing I love about Jehovah witness is time consciousness, there was once I attended the church with my uncle, the program was to start by 5:00. By 4:50 the moderator mounted the stage, he was timing himself, immediately it was 5:00 pm, the program began immediately and ended by 7:00 pm precisely ( the exact time my uncle told me) . The service was well organized, everyone dressed so moderate and responsibly. I have never seen such a group of organized people in Africa.

Gadamnit! I wish I read your submission before posting this article. It would have been my 8th. You are on point! Damn! How did I even miss this vital reason?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by simpleseyi: 10:57am On May 26
Bluntemperor:

The OP reasons is along the Secular World that is sinking,not Biblical nor Spiritual.
QED.

You get problems. I cannot help yiu
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 10:58am On May 26
DCmonster:
Jehovah witness are bunch of hypocrites. Very criminal minded people not different from unbelievers. They are Masters of deception don't be fooled.
They are very much engrossed in the secular world now that their girls are into runs and boys into Yahoo.
The grown men are all over social media looking for a white or American JW to marry and escape poverty.
I have come across a lot of these criminal minded JW from the ones who stole their boss money and ran away, the ones who fled with people's money, the young girls doing runs, the divorced women and men fvcking their young members and people's wives a whole lot.
grin grin grin
Jehovah witness is a sect masquerading as Christian's while also operating like a secret society.

The bolded in your comment, I have seen a thousand times. I have seen many theft happen in their Kingdom hall. Their fellow JWs dupe themselves and there is nothing you can do because you are forbidden from taking a fellow JW To the Police. This is why many instances of Fraud happens amongst them.

As for the search for White women to marry to escape poverty, that one is very common too. I know a Facebook group where a white lady was exposing their JW men that are in her inbox sending her dik pics and throwing themselves shamelessly at her. I was so disappointed but not surprised because Sex is very common in JW Especially their married men sleeping with their single ladies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Matthewdan(m): 10:59am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
how may i tell you to shut up without sounding rude?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 11:00am On May 26
broswilli:
A cult that is going down gradually. Do you know that as a parent you are not permitted to talk to your child that has left the religion. They just lifted the ban on men keeping beards. Do you know that the religion teaches that Christ did not die for the Sins of all mankind but he died for just 144,000 persons known as the anointed ones. They once taught that the people that lived around 1914 will not all die before Christ returns, they have replaced this teaching with a more ridiculous teaching known as overlapping generations. The teaching of overlapping generations is so ridiculous even a genius will find it difficult to understand. I have given you just a few of their teachings which will not be made known to you until you join. When you join and later find out the stupidity of this religion and decide to leave they will tell their members and others who care to listen to rubbish that you are mentally diseased. Spreading negativity against former members (who they fondly refer to as apostates) is known as Spiritual Warfare. It is best not to even join because the spiritual warfare against you when you decide to leave could be devastating.

Allow am jare na Jehovah's Witnesses produce Bible and numerous Bible commentaries all over the world which gave them number one spot regarding Bible knowledge even start evangelism with the Bible. grin grin grin

He even added low divorce rate with the numerous letters they send to their members regarding adultery and divorce grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:01am On May 26
simpleseyi:

They are not taught to hate others. That's why they do not say negative things about you other Christians, you are the ones that say nonsense about them. Didn't your own churches too teach you to avoid white garment Churches, Jehovah Witnesses, and Muslims like me?

When you tell other denominations that they are ruled by Satan, is that not hatred and discrimination? When you tell people that they will be destroyed at armaggedon but only you wil be saved unless they join you, is that not hatred? When you look down on others simply because they are not JW, IS that not hatred? When you look down on others that choose to leave your Cult and you call them all sort of names saying that they are for Satan, is that not hatred? Your Freemason Watchtower Is teaching you JWs Arrogance and hatred but you are not aware because you have been brainwashed!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by ReacherSaidNoth: 11:01am On May 26
Matthewdan:
how may i tell you to shut up without sounding rude?
How may I call you dumb and brainwashed without sounding insulting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 11:02am On May 26
Darkjudge24:
it marvel me to see some of u guys lying without smiling, u talk what u aren't sure of, but i take solace in it's word, let me prove u wrong. I was born and brought up a Jehovah's witness and after a while i became tired of their doctrines and i left the organization, i then mingle with the Pentecostal and became a born again with the living faith church when i traveled to Yobe state after a while i couldn't cope with their teachings and I left, when i came back to Delta state i joined the redeemed Christians, i still couldn't cope because of their teachings, the teachings of this Christendom church i directly in contrast to what the Bible says and I cannot bring myself to accept those teachings , as it is i am thinking of going back to the only religion that is trying to teach and emulate what Jesus and his apostles. Jehovah's witness

True, most Nigerian Christian denominations are not Bible-based but signs and wonders.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 11:06am On May 26
Bluntemperor:

QED.

Evangelism to lie and manipulate people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:07am On May 26
achorladey:

Allow am jare na Jehovah's Witnesses produce Bible and numerous Bible commentaries all over the world which gave them number one spot regarding Bible knowledge even start evangelism with the Bible. grin grin grin

He even added low divorce rate with the numerous letters they send to their members regarding adultery and divorce grin grin grin

The Op mentioned low divorce rate. I laugh. He has a very low knowledge of JW. Divorce is very common amongst JWS in many countries out there. They marry young to have Sex then divorce. You will see many JWs in their 2nd 3rd or 4th Marriages in the U.S. Even in Nigeria here, Marriages in JW scatter and are always filled with Adultery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Truvelisback(m): 11:07am On May 26
NewNigeria2:

The difference is you're forced or mandated to offer some money at church. In Voluntary offering you're not mandated to offer anything. All my years as Jehovah witness I don't think I contributed up to 5 times,but when I started going to other church,I was paying offering constantly. See,when it comes to offering en,give it to Jehovah's witness
You are wrong. In Biblical Standard, Offering is voluntary. Jesus also took offering.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 11:07am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

True, most Nigerian Christian denominations are not Bible-based but signs and wonders.

That's why people like una get manipulated. It is all in the bold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:09am On May 26
simpleseyi:

Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you

He is telling you the fact. You JWs are prisoners. Are you allowed to leave the Cult without consequences? That's how you know you are in a Cult.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by blowjohn(m): 11:11am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Thanks for taking the time to write me but I think you missed the whole point of this article. One can actually disagree with something and still respect its consistency regardless. It's a matter of consistency, not correctness.

Wlcm.
But these are spiritual things.
Things not to be joked with.

Let me come out of my shell.
If u tell me to worship Mary or tell me heaven isn't real and every other thing seems right, I'll run away.

The devil is smart enough to sprinkle false things in a basket full of deceit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 11:11am On May 26
Truvelisback:
What is the difference between an Offering and Voluntary Offering? grin Bro, No difference. An Offering is always voluntary. Secondly, regarding tithing. The purpose of tithing is to solve some monetary problem in the church. JW don't take tithe but they take donations or Voluntary offering.

The Bible says, “Bring all the tithe into the store house so that they may be food in my house”

You can deduce from the above Bible verse that the sole purpose of tithing is members' welfare, not church growth.

By the way, you sound like one of these Pentecostal pastors. Are you?
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by ChiefDelegate: 11:12am On May 26
The first time I called someone a friend is a Jehovah witness! Those people are sincere ✅

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by grandstar(m): 11:13am On May 26
immortalcrown:
I agree with you on devotion, civility, uniformity, low divorce rate and low emphasis on money.

But have you checked the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints regarding these qualities?

Church of Latter Day Saints emphasize the payment of tithe. It is not to be toyed with.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 11:15am On May 26
TrustedLawyer:
I'm not a Witness, but I agree with you 💯 I have been to Kingdom Hall in Akure and Porthrcourt. They have been to my house many times in Lagos for evangelism. All you have said is the truth.

Their Awake magazine always have well researched articles.

Back 2004, it was their book "Mankind's Search for God" made me understand Christianity. It was some kind of comparative religion book.

Well said! You sound like an open-minded person like myself.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by SeriouslySense(m): 11:15am On May 26
I respect Jehovah witness, and I talk to them when they come to my house, although i don't agree with their doctrine that says Jesus is not God, that he was the first creation of God or the first angel created by God.

They are always welcome to talk about Jesus, but i don't go to their halls. Not interested in Joining. The thing we have in common is Jesus, and i expect them to grow in the knowledge of the Son of God, that they will be surely saved.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 11:16am On May 26
NewNigeria2:

There is no evidence to suggest your interpretation is better. Understand yours in your own way and give other the liberty to understand the Bible in their own way. Thanks

Exactly!
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:19am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses you are supporting have doctrines that are not Bible based. So, they are all the same. In case you are not aware, Jehovah's Witnesses have their different form of Tithes. They have a specific amount of money they pay per JW. When the money is not up to the total per JW In a congregation, they are always told that they have a Deficit, meaning the amount they have is not up to the required. So, even though they are not forced to pay, they are always told they have a deficit in a congregation. Jehovah's witnesses pay money to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and keep some in their congregatios. Money never flows from Watchtower to Jehovah's Witnesses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by DCmonster: 11:20am On May 26
Courz:

The bolded in your comment, I have seen a thousand times. I have seen many theft happen in their Kingdom hall. Their fellow JWs dupe themselves and there is nothing you can do because you are forbidden from taking a fellow JW To the Police. This is why many instances of Fraud happens amongst them.

As for the search for White women to marry to escape poverty, that one is very common too. I know a Facebook group where a white lady was exposing their JW men that are in her inbox sending her dik pics and throwing themselves shamelessly at her. I was so disappointed but not surprised because Sex is very common in JW Especially their married men sleeping with their single ladies.
when you speak about them the "very few good one among them" will think you are lying.
I said very few because the majority are bad I mean very bad.
I have them as friends and I dated two jw ladies too.
They believe anything should be easily forgiven that's why they behave like that.
They can steal from you, cheat on you, refuse to pay their debt, go diabolic and expect you to forgive because that's what the Bible says.
They can back up anything with Bible quote.
I have a friend among them who doesn't miss meetings, yet he was fuvking mother and daughter, divorced female members because he was a very good looking guy..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 11:20am On May 26
DCmonster:
Jehovah's witness are bunch of hypocrites. Very criminal minded people not different from unbelievers. They are Masters of deception don't be fooled.
They are very much engrossed in the secular world now that their girls are into runs and boys into Yahoo.
The grown men are all over social media looking for a white or American JW to marry and escape poverty.
I have come across a lot of these criminal minded JW from the ones who stole their boss money and ran away, the ones who fled with people's money, the young girls doing runs, the divorced women and men fvcking their young members and people's wives a whole lot. grin grin grin
Jehovah witness is a sect masquerading as Christian's while also operating like a secret society.

You may be right but are all these peculiar to only the Jehovah’s Witnesses? Mention any denomination devoid of these things you have alleged.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by walexsho(m): 11:21am On May 26
They are Drunkard... Their doctrine led them into that. You can sin(drink alcohol)but don't commit(drink) it excessively but they end up in mess

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by DCmonster: 11:22am On May 26
simpleseyi:

Jehovah Witnesses are not perfect, just like you and I. But the magnitude of hatred that you other Christians have for them says a lot about you all. Only CCC and C and S do not say nonsense about other denominations, but you Pentecostals are a bunch of Hell Fire bound children of Satan.

Jehovah Witnesses are the only group of people who refused to fight in the World Wars. They said that they cannot understand why the Bishop of England will pray for English soldiers to go and kill Germans who are created by God, or why the Bishop of Germany will pray for German soldiers to go and people who are created by God in England, France, Russia e.t.c. Hitler killed several German Jehovah Witnesses for refusing to go to war, England, US, France and others too imprisoned several Jehovah Witnesses for refusing to go to war and kill people who are created by the same God that the soldiers pray onto before going to kill. Maybe we all need to think about this
stories! Keep fooling yourself.
Go read about your founder Rutherford.
Bunch of sect controlled by demonic elder council.
BTW hope you've started growing beard?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal / ChiMarine Temple: Native Doctor Visits Orphanage Home In Delta, Donates Gifts / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.