Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,928 members, 7,863,274 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:15 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (47263 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Procashtips(m): 10:12am On May 26
Christianity is supposed to be like a cult

Jesus said "Be ye like your father in heaven".

Meaning you must all behave in similar ways to be qualified.

Cultism is not different either.

So whoever calls JW cultist is not aware that he or she is also a cultist as long as he or she is a member of any religion.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Johel(m): 10:13am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi

Yeah I respect them too...I am atheist, but I like how they go about their religious beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Daughterboard(m): 10:15am On May 26
I openly affirm the submission of the Op. Jehovah Witnesses practice the true Christianity. Though I am not a member but my family members associate with them

7 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by temiaseese: 10:15am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by tunde1200(m): 10:15am On May 26
All these your reasons are what made me to like them despite being a devoted Muslim.
Also most of their obligations are supported by Islam.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Jocdon(m): 10:17am On May 26
In terms of money please dont compare Jehova witness with Christ embassy. The very first time i went for a program in Christ embassy they want to use billing in the name of offerings to destroy my pocket and i ran away.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by JuanDeDios: 10:18am On May 26
Daughterboard:
I openly affirm the submission of the Op. Jehovah Witnesses practice the true Christianity. Though I am not a member but my family members associate with them
Interesting take. So, respectfully, why are you not a member?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Sapeleboy911(m): 10:18am On May 26
Nothing to argue here, but one thing I dislike about these people is sometimes they see people of other faiths as not true Christ worshippers, and they can be very extreme in their beliefs.

My former neighbor's wife dissolved their over 20 years marriage because the husband had erectile dysfunction and low sperm count, the man refused to take medical treatment citing his religious beliefs. To date, he has just a single child. He is not bothered and still doing his evangelism diligently.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by dinkyicon: 10:19am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

i disagree with biblical knowledge plssss

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by anthonyuncle(m): 10:19am On May 26
Since this is based on your personal experience, I can tell you that your experience is very low

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by CJStarz: 10:20am On May 26
Those people can be so unforgiving.
Bitter souls.
Have them as neighbours and colleagues

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by broswilli: 10:20am On May 26
A cult that is going down gradually. Do you know that as a parent you are not permitted to talk to your child that has left the religion. They just lifted the ban on men keeping beards. Do you know that the religion teaches that Christ did not die for the Sins of all mankind but he died for just 144,000 persons known as the anointed ones. They once taught that the people that lived around 1914 will not all die before Christ returns, they have replaced this teaching with a more ridiculous teaching known as overlapping generations. The teaching of overlapping generations is so ridiculous even a genius will find it difficult to understand. I have given you just a few of their teachings which will not be made known to you until you join. When you join and later find out the stupidity of this religion and decide to leave they will tell their members and others who care to listen to rubbish that you are mentally diseased. Spreading negativity against former members (who they fondly refer to as apostates) is known as Spiritual Warfare. It is best not to even join because the spiritual warfare against you when you decide to leave could be devastating.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Enemyofpeace: 10:20am On May 26
Absolute rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by tunjijones(m): 10:20am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.

Which punishment? JW don't even believe in hell.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 10:20am On May 26
You will lose your respect for them once you read the thread below. Their outward appearance is to lure you in so that when you join them, you can't Leave! It is taboo to question and It is a Taboo to leave the Cult. It is by design. They have a separate personality they show to you that is different from the personality they show when no one is looking. Also, research their Doctrines, their Founder, their False prophecies and the Scandals They are battling. Various governments have banned them and have deregistered their Cult for their policies regarding Child Sexual abuse and disfellowshipping. They are also losing many members in many countries leading to sales of many Kingdom halls, assembly halls and Bethel branches. The Cult is dying because JWs are waking up and leaving. The internet is exposing so many things about them that they hide from their members. And there are too many testimonies exposing their Occultic practices. Jehovah's witnesses is a Masonic Cult masquerading as a Christian one to mislead many.

https://www.nairaland.com/8088472/manipulation-bible-verses-jehovahs-witness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by bosundaniel: 10:20am On May 26
I think you're a member of Jehovah's Witness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OviOrunmila: 10:22am On May 26
I developed these feelings when I was 7 years old. Why didn't my parents want us to play at the neighborhood houses of those not in our congregation,

But were okay with us visiting distant Jehovah's Witnesses? Mom said, "Bad associations spoil good habits." These people were considered bad

Associations because they weren't part of us. We only visited them for Bible study and to preach. Jehovah's Witnesses and other Christian groups have spread more hatred than love. So, I left that association and chose humanity over religion.

Copied

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by wiseone28: 10:23am On May 26
They tend to have bad character

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Deepspirituals: 10:23am On May 26
True ..
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Apologize(m): 10:25am On May 26
If you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by EdiskyHarry: 10:25am On May 26
I am not a member of the Jehovah witness, but what you are saying is nothing but the truth.
One other thing I love about Jehovah witness is time consciousness, there was once I attended the church with my uncle, the program was to start by 5:00. By 4:50 the moderator mounted the stage, he was timing himself, immediately it was 5:00 pm, the program began immediately and ended by 7:00 pm precisely ( the exact time my uncle told me) . The service was well organized, everyone dressed so moderate and responsibly. I have never seen such a group of organized people in Africa.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Olichoke: 10:25am On May 26
But they are not christians though. Appreciate them for their devotion to their religion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:26am On May 26
EBEk101:
Nah so one Jehovah Witnesses neighbor carry my contribution run for December 2018, she made me lost respect for them

This is strange to hear about a Jehovah’s Witness. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by ReacherSaidNoth: 10:29am On May 26
tunjijones:

Which punishment? JW don't even believe in hell.
Like someone else mentioned, shunning. They create a support system, make members dependent on it and view everything else as dirty and undesirable. In order to fully control the unfortunate followers they dangle this like a carrot they can withdraw at any time to ensure full obedience.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:29am On May 26
Skydivine:
There are some of their teachings that are very dogmatic.
Their stance on blood transfusion
Their teaching about paradise on earth
Their interpretation of the Adamic nature of sin
The meaning and interpretation of hedge and hell

As I wrote in the article, I do not agree with them one hundred percent. Meanwhile, do you know of any Christian denomination with a perfect doctrine? Please respond

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by NewNigeria2: 10:30am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

I'm no longer a member of Jehovah's witnesses. But everything you said here are true 100percent. I'm going back there to get a wife. They practice the best form of Christianity,even though they are not perfect.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Bahamas95(m): 10:30am On May 26
If I meet a Cobra and a JW in a room I will escape from the witness first before thinking about saving myself from the cobra. Those people are more deadly than a venomous snake.

I had them as classmates, neighbours etc. Don't be deceived by their innocent appearance. If you like preach from now till eternity you can't change my perception about them. They're pretenders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Darkjudge24: 10:31am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.
it marvel me to see some of u guys lying without smiling, u talk what u aren't sure of, but i take solace in it's word, let me prove u wrong. I was born and brought up a Jehovah's witness and after a while i became tired of their doctrines and i left the organization, i then mingle with the Pentecostal and became a born again with the living faith church when i traveled to Yobe state after a while i couldn't cope with their teachings and I left, when i came back to Delta state i joined the redeemed Christians, i still couldn't cope because of their teachings, the teachings of this Christendom church i directly in contrast to what the Bible says and I cannot bring myself to accept those teachings , as it is i am thinking of going back to the only religion that is trying to teach and emulate what Jesus and his apostles. Jehovah's witness

13 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 10:32am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

As I wrote in the article, I do not agree with them one hundred percent. Meanwhile, do you know of any Christian denomination with a perfect doctrine? Please respond

You will lose your respect for them once you read the thread below. Their outward appearance is to lure you in so that when you join them, you can't Leave! It is taboo to question and It is a Taboo to leave the Cult. It is by design. They have a separate personality they show to you that is different from the personality they show when no one is looking. Also, research their Doctrines, their Founder, their False prophecies and the Scandals They are battling. Various governments have banned them and have deregistered their Cult for their policies regarding Child Sexual abuse and disfellowshipping. Google Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Sexual Abuse. They are also losing many members in many countries leading to sales of many Kingdom halls, assembly halls and Bethel branches. The Cult is dying because JWs are waking up and leaving. The internet is exposing so many things about them that they hide from their members. And there are too many testimonies exposing their Occultic practices. Jehovah's witnesses is a Masonic Cult masquerading as a Christian one to mislead many.

https://www.nairaland.com/8088472/manipulation-bible-verses-jehovahs-witness

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 10:32am On May 26
abobote:
Who are you to tell God on what to count on

I only hoped. Please read that last part again.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by NewNigeria2: 10:32am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
A topical example of someone condemning what he does not understand. Continue

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by NewNigeria2: 10:33am On May 26
immortalcrown:
I understand you. I just mentioned another denomination with similar qualities. The denomination even pays house rents, school fees and medical bills for poor members. Yet, they don't collect offerings. The denomination sends people on mission works to countries. I know a Nigerian that the denomination sent to England. I met some Ghanians that the denomination sent to Nigeria some time ago.

NOTE:
All I say here is for knowledge sake, not to demarket or market any denomination.
The thread is about Jehovah's witness. You can create a thread for SDA too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

COZA Members Ask Pastor Biodun To Tell The Truth About The Sex Scandal / ChiMarine Temple: Native Doctor Visits Orphanage Home In Delta, Donates Gifts / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.