Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,198 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:56 PM

Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years (29810 Views)

Burkina Faso Coup Leader Damiba Inaugurated As President / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita / Omar Al-Bashir Arrested, Coup Plotters Announce Two-year Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Paraman: 3:50pm On May 26
ebinpawa:

You are daft is a legit statement. You should be the one reprimanded for making that annoying statement and you have very poor written English skills.I am more angry at the poorly written statement than the meaning of it. I hate when illiterates rubbish english.it is literally my pet peeveangry
Seun

Mynd44

fergie001

ebinpawa has broken rule 2
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Blitzking: 3:50pm On May 26
Once military takes over in nigeria 2 things would happen some corrupt politicians would be shot dead on the spot and all illegally acquired wealth would be seized and returned to state coffers
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by porthouse7(f): 3:50pm On May 26
thesicilian:

There's no freedom of speech anywhere, whether military or democratic. The only difference is the types of punishment you receive if you speak grossly out of turn.
it goes far
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Tareq1105: 3:51pm On May 26
Fearurcreeator:

Oga calm down.... I meant I want military ruler to come to train those children

Okay, now I understand.

Whenever I see them talking about military take over, I waka pass bcoz I know it was from millennium children born in the 2000s. Those that were born earlier wouldn't say that.

Whenever I see them talking about War just bcoz their candidate lost, I just waka pass bcoz I know such comments was from someone born when the civil war had ended. They didn't witness it.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Minjim: 3:51pm On May 26
Have experienced any military rule?
thesicilian:
There is no concrete evidence that democracy is better than military rule
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by InvertedHammer: 3:51pm On May 26
thesicilian:
/
The best that Nigeria has had it was under IBB and Abacha.

Democratic looters came up with the idea of democracy is better than military rule to protect their turf. As usual, morons joined the bandwagon to vomit the thrash. Most democratic presidents in Africa are western stooges. Why is development only coming into Mali after dissolution of democracy? Democracy was there all along to protect France interests only.

/
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by 43Ronin: 3:51pm On May 26
thesicilian:
Exactly and in military rule you actually have less people stealing. That's why despite what abacha and his military administrators stole & with numerous sanctions, Abacha did not borrow and he still brought down Inflation from 53% under IBB to 8%
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Tareq1105: 3:52pm On May 26
Blitzking:
Once military takes over in nigeria 2 things would happen some corrupt politicians would be shot dead on the spot and all illegally acquired wealth would be seized and returned to state coffers

Is that all that would happen?
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by JuanDeDios: 3:55pm On May 26
thesicilian:

And you decided the matured thing to do is to trade words with a 5 months old baby? If you're going to insult me at least let it be an intelligent one.
That was a light-hearted comment rather than an insult.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Paraman: 3:55pm On May 26
oyeb15:

You are d dumb guy here. Many of u e-rat were born around 2000 . I don't blame u

Most of u would not have exist if we are in military rule. You would have been engaged. Military don't support touts
They don't appreciate the freedom they are enjoying under democracy
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Blitzking: 3:59pm On May 26
Tareq1105:

Is that all that would happen?
More would happen
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by 43Ronin: 4:02pm On May 26
JagabanB:

The fact that are typing this is evidence enough.
Those of you who didn't experience brutal military rule keep saying this.
Place the data side by side and you will see the difference.
Bros I experienced military rule and I can tell you that it's far better than what we have now. At least you know you don't have the right to protest and you know the military is the law. In democracy you protest army will still kill you like you in military rule. Army mess up they chop beating & they lock the entire plaza down, arrest , detain & interrogate people without constitutional powers. In military rule you will liase with a military lawyer who will ensure you get out of interrogation according to military law. You talk about abach? Please do your research! Despite what Abacha stole unemployment was in single digits, fuel was 11 naira, security was top notch & inflation rate was 8%. When OBJ became president, he took fuel from 11 to 40 naira stole billions in power sector reform. Also there were no touts in Lagos too.I have placed the data side-by-side please place yours let's compare
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Crafteck1: 4:03pm On May 26
Namaster:

A SUPREMELY dumb thing to say.

As horrible as democracy has been in Africa. It's a GAZILLION times better than Military Rule.

In Democracy, Politicians embezzle money and misbehave. The masses protest. And politicians pretend they'll do better.

In Military Rule, Soldiers embezzle and misbehave. Anyone who protests will be MURDERED. And the Military will tell you they are Saints.

The scope of embezzlement perpetrated by Abacha will RUPTURE your mind.

The scope of PURE evil and brutality perpetrated by Idi Amin makes the Devil look like a cute puppy.

This is NOT a secondary school debate.

Only a person with MENTAL IMPAIRMENT will argue for Military Rule in Africa.

It's just dumb!

Wrong but i no get time to argue.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by 8starmember: 4:04pm On May 26
Basic123:

Its like pethief OBI loss at the poll rub you off your little fish brain 😆

Can't you check the topic of the thread before you comment off topic.

Pethief Grieving OBI gets a lot of mad followers sha
clown 🤡
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by JagabanB: 4:22pm On May 26
43Ronin:

Bros I experienced military rule and I can tell you that it's far better than what we have now. At least you know you don't have the right to protest and you know the military is the law. In democracy you protest army will still kill you like you in military rule. Army mess up they chop beating & they lock the entire plaza down, arrest , detain & interrogate people without constitutional powers. In military rule you will liase with a military lawyer who will ensure you get out of interrogation according to military law. You talk about abach? Please do your research! Despite what Abacha stole unemployment was in single digits, fuel was 11 naira, security was top notch & inflation rate was 8%. When OBJ became president, he took fuel from 11 to 40 naira stole billions in power sector reform. Also there were no touts in Lagos too.I have placed the data side-by-side please place yours let's compare
I don't remember mentioning Abacha, did I?
I don't remember people protesting and army kiIIed them.
Was #11/L under Abacha cheap?
Nigeria withdrew from 1996 AFCON because of military rule.
Give us examples of how a common liased with military lawyers and got out.
Do you have any idea the amount the Abacha you mentioned stoIe?
Do u have any idea the amount the military governors were stealing?
There have always been touts in Nigeria unless you want to prètènd, since time immemorial, there have always been touts.
During the military era, a soldier on two weeks off duty can go back to his place and snatch a woman from someone who has already prepared marriage, are you aware of that?
Are you aware that soldiers pick whatever they like in markets without paying?
It was Abacha who hanged Ken Saro Wiwa because of his role in the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People, which sought a share of oil money for the ethnic group whose traditional lands lie over oil deposits.
He imprisoned several journalists, activists etc, he started this unending wàr with South Africa today, you talk about peace and security?
The military was more of a threat than any group in Nigerîà.
Maitatsine crises happened during the military era, that was how peaceful your military regime was.
How great was development?
Nigeria was just a rural country.
The infrastructural decay that pegged Nigeria behind it's equal such as; Singapore, Malaysia etc happened majorly with the military regime, the agricultural decay that generated hunger happened with the military, I can go on and on and on.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by ElSudani: 4:24pm On May 26
Soon he will be 80 and still clinging to power after making his son the designated successor. It is a story we've read before.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Skoonheid(f): 4:28pm On May 26
There are no men left in the Nigerian army, only pussies. See a real man mounting in Burkina. A hero.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by drsibz66(m): 4:29pm On May 26
Paraman:
You talk as if the military has never rule Nigeria.

Did military rule bring peace? Did it reduce corruption? A lot of kids like you are ignorant

You are the kid. Can you compare Nigeria in both eras. Except you weren't born then .Nigeria was better during the military era than it is today.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by 43Ronin: 4:44pm On May 26
JagabanB:

I don't remember mentioning Abacha, did I?
I don't remember people protesting and army kiIIed them.
Was #11/L under Abacha cheap?
Nigeria withdrew from 1996 AFCON because of military rule.
Give us examples of how a common liased with military lawyers and got out.
Do you have any idea the amount the Abacha you mentioned stoIe?
Do u have any idea the amount the military governors were stealing?
There have always been touts in Nigeria unless you want to prètènd, since time immemorial, there have always been touts.
During the military era, a soldier on two weeks off duty can go back to his place and snatch a woman from someone who has already prepared marriage, are you aware of that?
Are you aware that soldiers pick whatever they like in markets without paying?
It was Abacha who hanged Ken Saro Wiwa because of his role in the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People, which sought a share of oil money for the ethnic group whose traditional lands lie over oil deposits.
He imprisoned several journalists, activists etc, he started this unending wàr with South Africa today, you talk about peace and security?
The military was more of a threat than any group in Nigerîà.
Maitatsine crises happened during the military era, that was how peaceful your military regime was.
How great was development?
Nigeria was just a rural country.
The infrastructural decay that pegged Nigeria behind it's equal such as; Singapore, Malaysia etc happened majorly with the military regime, the agricultural decay that generated hunger happened with the military, I can go on and on and on.
Bros all you mentioned here are sentiments mixed with lies. Saro wiwa and his crew were tried & sentenced for multiple homicides- they had protested and killed 6 ogoni chiefs dey claim were colluding with military govt to package Shell Money. I met one of the daughters of the slain chief and she narrated the entire episode to me. My mum was an Education officer in Nig Navy in ojo she used to buy food stuff from agboju market and so did many military men. In fact any soldier that was reported not paying for food stuff was severely dealt with & de-ranked. THERE WERE NO TOUTS IN LAGOS. For you to mention maitasine means you are most likely a yoruba Muslim. Maitasinne were Islamic religious extremists that started religious violence in the north & Abacha did what every leader would do, put down terrorism- in his famous words if terrorism last more than 24 hours govt hand is involved. Abacha was only hated becos he wasn't fulani and he arrested the head of the sokoto caliphate when he heard the guy was sympathetic to terrorist. Again put data side by side let's compare economic indices then and now despite Nigeria being in numerous sanctions
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Fearurcreeator: 4:47pm On May 26
Tareq1105:

Okay, now I understand.

Whenever I see them talking about military take over, I waka pass bcoz I know it was from millennium children born in the 2000s. Those that were born earlier wouldn't say that.

Whenever I see them talking about War just bcoz their candidate lost, I just waka pass bcoz I know such comments was from someone born when the civil war had ended. They didn't witness it.
They don't know anything at all... Abacha's time even his guys deputy diya collect, how much more ordinary citizens ozing nonsense for mouth... Military will train them sincer their parents did not
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Bossly: 4:49pm On May 26
gingolandia is collapsing fast ⏩
Never again will degenerates dictate to sane climes.

obedience4:
He will get dispose before the 5 year rule ends
Military coup always bring more coups
This is the rubbish people want for there country Nigeria.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by affable4(m): 4:50pm On May 26
Paraman:
This is the kind of thing some bitter people want to happen in Nigeria because thier candidate lost an election

Hope you were in Nigeria when people were killed, especially corpers, in 2011 when someone lost an election. The person came back to rule for 8 years. Where was your voice then? Or you just want to post for likes? Kindly bring evidence of people wanting coup in Nigeria and their identity.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Faposky95: 4:52pm On May 26
Sapeleboy911:

You are still not getting it. Being a democratic country we the masses have the power to turn this around. Our leaders are behaving how they like because we the masses contributed in giving them the enabling environment.

Imagine if an Igbo, or a minority tribe in the south-south was currently the president of this country. Given the way things are protest would have rocked every nook and cranny of this country by now. But the reverse is the case due to religious sentiments, and tribal bigotry.

I remember vividly when GEJ removed the subsidy, I believe you still remember what happened then. People stood up and said NO we won't take it. (DEMOCRACY) The president was forced to reverse his decision because they stood up. Now ask yourself where are those people today? If they STAND up and say no we won't take it again, will they be shot by the firing squad? Since we have DEMOCRACY the answer is NO. Democracy has given us the power to act, the onus is on us to use it. Military rule will never give us such power.

Got a pint but not the point.
All we are hoping for should be conceived in our lifetime.... remember ABAcha...pre and post death period, what did you think.....?
We have so forgotten that a foundation ought to have been built. The death of leaders like Bola Ige.....Funsho Williams....in Civilian rule and all are swept under.
The Military has always been brutal and so they've been in civilian clothing. So, we hope they die out, and then what , the cycle known only to our kind....put their offspring and we junket around Jericho in a hundred years.....?
Look, if wat I pray for is Justice, then by any means necessary .
The people who died in Biafra are still waiting theirs, and it's not that close.
Think
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Realguyman1(m): 4:53pm On May 26
Sapeleboy911:

Lol funny you what happened during EndSars protest, was just a tip of the iceberg if it were to be a military rule. Nothing was cheap during military rule, even if you bought a bag of cement for #20 doesn't mean it was cheap then. Imagine funds stolen by Abacha are still being repatriated to date, and nobody dared to try him for corruption then.

No doubt there is corruption in our successive civilian governments, but do we the masses have the privilege and freedom to bring our leaders to book? The answer is a resounding YES. But we choose not to, due to what we gain from this same corruption, our tribal bigotry, or religious sentiments. In our democratic setting, we have the option of holding our leaders accountable or letting them ride on. We don't have such a huge privilege in military rule. If we were under a military rule, many landers would either be in detention by now or shot by firing squad due to how they are making a caricature of our past and current presidents.
At the bolded, what privilege do the masses has to bring their leaders to book in Nigeria?
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by aywagze(m): 4:57pm On May 26
He should ride on but he have it in mind that the end is inevitable ..🤔
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by DonroxyII: 4:57pm On May 26
thesicilian:

You really think the people decide in a democracy?
of Course.

Tinubu wouldn't have had a chance in Military nor would there be National Assembly ...

Fubara wouldn't have Rebelled against Wike in a Military without consequences cheesy .....

Democracy is still far better even if there is corruption, the people still have a hand in their destiny unlike when one useless power drunken nigga just siddon like Goat deciding what he think it is the best for the entire country without recourses to public opinion!
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Mentcee(m): 5:02pm On May 26
Paraman:
This is the kind of thing some bitter people want to happen in Nigeria because thier candidate lost an election

Thunder fire your stupid mother for this unwarranted comment.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Paraman: 5:07pm On May 26
Mentcee:

Thunder fire your stupid mother for this unwarranted comment.
Seun

Mynd44

fergie001

Mentcee has broken rule 2
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Mrexcell(m): 5:07pm On May 26
Namaster:

A SUPREMELY dumb thing to say.

As horrible as democracy has been in Africa. It's a GAZILLION times better than Military Rule.

In Democracy, Politicians embezzle money and misbehave. The masses protest. And politicians pretend they'll do better.

In Military Rule, Soldiers embezzle and misbehave. Anyone who protests will be MURDERED. And the Military will tell you they are Saints.

The scope of embezzlement perpetrated by Abacha will RUPTURE your mind.

The scope of PURE evil and brutality perpetrated by Idi Amin makes the Devil look like a cute puppy.

This is NOT a secondary school debate.

Only a person with MENTAL IMPAIRMENT will argue for Military Rule in Africa.

It's just dumb!

But this buhari and tinibu apc govts have proven to be far worse than any military regime in the history of nigeria? The money they have looted since 2015 if forensically and thoroughly investigated by a neutral govt am sure it will be definitely be more than what all the military govts have looted combined. During military rule we never saw where the head of state was indirectly using his ethnic group to wipe out other ethnic groups in a genocidal scale while also using the nigerian military to give their activities back up everyone clearly saw this happen during the years of this apc govt I don't know what else can be more worse than all these.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Paraman: 5:08pm On May 26
drsibz66:

You are the kid. Can you compare Nigeria in both eras. Except you weren't born then .Nigeria was better during the military era than it is today.
Nigeria of 2024 is far more develop than Nigeria of 1995.
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by HilcomTech(m): 5:14pm On May 26
thesicilian:

It takes a special kind of DUMB to say this
Re: Burkina Faso Coup Leader Captain Ibrahim Traoré Extends Military Rule By 5 Years by Jostoman: 5:21pm On May 26
Paraman:
This is the reason why you and burkina faso president like Russia and hate US because he knows that US dont joke with Democracy and the rule of law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario / 5 killed in Israel terror attack, with shooter neutralized ( Pics, Video) / Russian Forces Claim Control Of Ukrainian City Of Kherson. Surround Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.