Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,982 members, 7,863,496 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. (4793 Views)

UI Promotes Ekiti First Lady To Associate Professor / Okorocha: I Don't Know If Rainfall In Imo Is Acidic, It Has Destroyed All Roads / Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by GoodLife4live: 11:29pm On May 26
ablejesus26:

Hahaha cursed tribalists,I am not d one dat killed your late father,stop getting frustrated and angrily calling people's parent out bcus your own don die tey tey 😁

No one is asking You if Wole Soyinka needs Igbo respect,You are the one talking about it bcus you are created and destined by your Oluda to wail and cry Igbo yoooo all your days on earth,the day you ever stop doing it,you shall surely die 😁😁😁.

Weak vessel shameless Tribalistic hatefilled thing 😁.
pains and sorrow is all I see in your eye....cry cry baby.....go and take care of your health

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:38pm On May 26
magoo10:
Peter Obi matter will expose a lot of people

Wole Soyinka professorship is really questionable because I have perused all logical explanations to know how he arrived at the conclusion that Peter Obi is not qualified to contest the 2027 elections but I cannot find any.
There might just be two answers just as the professor suggested.it is either for monetary gains or he has degenerated into a tribal bigot

Questionable by you

Who u be? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:40pm On May 26
franchasofficia:
Prof Wole Soyinka really fell my hand. He just lost the global respect he once enjoyed out of his senseless criticism of a man that did him no wrong. His tribal bigotry got exposed and magnified by the effects of old age, so sad cos I so much adored and respected Prof Wole Soyinka before now cry

That is why it is always good to leave the stage when the ovation is high. Prof Wole Soyinka misfired big time.

Soyinka lost global respect?

I still checked the Nobel Prize Hall of Fame this night and his name is there

Who sabi you for this world cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by ablejesus26(m): 11:50pm On May 26
GoodLife4live:
pains and sorrow is all I see in your eye....cry cry baby.....go and take care of your health

Shut up your mouth,you cursed tribalists.

Explain why you are crying and wailing Igbo on this thread now😁😁...

You have been doing this nonsense senseless dry tribal banters since 1985 this is 2024 You are still doing senseless tribal banters,you will still be in your dying bed still dey look for your co ipob tribalist to do senseless tribal banters with 😁😁.

Make We tell ourselves truth. This your destiny na rubbish destiny joor
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by Uchek(m): 12:04am On May 27
Please can you give us a link to your write-ups & books. Some of us will like to read it. Thanks!

franchasofficia:
That is why English language have an adage that says "living in your past glory".

Prof Wole Soyinka did exploit based on the time of his youth and trend of events at that time, but he has become completely irrelevant in today's events and now living in his past glory. He ought to have left the stage when the ovation was high for him.

I write too just like Prof Wole Soyinka and in fact, my writings have been published in international platforms and gained wide audience, I also have books on sale and will soon become a PhD holder like Prof Wole Soyinka and if God keeps me alive, I will also become a Professor like Soyinka, so I see no reason why his criticism should even be taken serious if not for bigotry. What does Soyinka a 90yr old man know about today's events and current desire of the youths? He failed in all his youthful attempts to correct Nigerian dictators, little did the world know that he was only fighting for power to go to his preferred corrupt civilians so that he can have unfettered access to government funds and contracts.

What makes Wole Soyinka's criticisms of Obi more ridiculous is the fact that he agrees that Peter Obi is a man of impeccable character but his only anger is that Peter Obi's supporters are incompetent as if Peter Obi's supporters will be governing Nigeria from Aso Rock with Obi should he become President. The same stupid opinion that useless Reno Omockery have about Obi. None of them is saying Peter Obi is bad or corrupt or anything, their only problem is Peter Obi's youth support base that is not agreeing with their old way of cash and carry politics of highest bidder.

More funny is the fact that Prof Wole Soyinka support Bola Tinubu whose supporters kill, burn and destroy properties and even fought opposition voters from voting, but they are excellent supporters to Wole Soyinka but Peter Obi's supporters who only respond to critics online are the dangerous supporters not Bola Tinubu or Buhari's supporters who kill people, burn houses, cars, etc, and you say all is well with Prof Wole Soyinka's mental state?
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by IbnB: 12:15am On May 27
paramakina202:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqq54SB5WI8

Soyinka is a senile, thieving coward
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by Scarcity234: 12:51am On May 27
Wole Soyinka is a tribalistic and hypocritical onye nzuzu!

He feels special cos he has what?
Noble laureate?
That he won with what? An unknown work?

Noble laureate my foot.

Others that won that prize aren't as foolish as him and he keep making noise cos he thinks he's what?

What's positive contribution has the anu mpama added to the nation's growth?
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by Splendid235: 1:58am On May 27
Even to carry a gun and take over a radio station. May be by bringing cultism to Nigeria thereby destroying the soul of the country which is the youth. In saner climes,he would be cooling off in jail.

ElSudani:

So, Soyinka was a young man when he was fighting Abacha dictatorship?
In his 20s he went to prison for defending Biafra right to secede and many others too numerous to mention here.
Is Soyinka the only Nigerian to a be professor? Soyinka's achievements are not limited to his academic brilliance which on its own is staggering.
Please don't try to compare yourself to him just because you will soon hold a PHD, Soyinka is more than that, he is a veteran of many battles for the soul of the country.
I laugh at the baby fascists who thinks they can erase him. Goodluck with that, even at 90 they can't take him on and not get bruised.
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by papyjaypaul: 2:17am On May 27
My best part of the video is how he gave the Professor the similie of his own fraternity and Obi's obidient. That was an own goal.

You cannot control the Pirates but you can blame Obi for not reigning in the Obidients grin

The man died cry
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by ElSudani: 2:23am On May 27
Splendid235:
Even to carry a gun and take over a radio station. May be by bringing cultism to Nigeria thereby destroying the soul of the country which is the youth. In saner climes,he would be cooling off in jail.

You are speaking like an illiterate. Soyinka started a fraternity like they exist in many universities all over the world. If some half wit people want to bastardize it that is for the authorities to step in.
What he started was not cultism.
It was bastardized by people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by steeltrust: 3:44am On May 27
Soyinka na hypocrites

I don’t take him serious any more
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by HilcomTech(m): 4:53am On May 27
DMerciful:
Nothing special about nobel prices. Its given by a small country

I feel sorry for you and your kind.

So you feel nothing special about Einstein, Marie Curie etc

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by OKKO(m): 4:54am On May 27
Forgive him, many of us are mentally deluded when old age sets in.
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by HilcomTech(m): 5:07am On May 27
franchasofficia:
That is why English language have an adage that says "living in your past glory".

Prof Wole Soyinka did exploit based on the time of his youth and trend of events at that time, but he has become completely irrelevant in today's events and now living in his past glory. He ought to have left the stage when the ovation was high for him.

I write too just like Prof Wole Soyinka and in fact, my writings have been published in international platforms and gained wide audience, I also have books on sale and will soon become a PhD holder like Prof Wole Soyinka and if God keeps me alive, I will also become a Professor like Soyinka, so I see no reason why his criticism should even be taken serious if not for bigotry. What does Soyinka a 90yr old man know about today's events and current desire of the youths? He failed in all his youthful attempts to correct Nigerian dictators, little did the world know that he was only fighting for power to go to his preferred corrupt civilians so that he can have unfettered access to government funds and contracts.

What makes Wole Soyinka's criticisms of Obi more ridiculous is the fact that he agrees that Peter Obi is a man of impeccable character but his only anger is that Peter Obi's supporters are incompetent as if Peter Obi's supporters will be governing Nigeria from Aso Rock with Obi should he become President. The same stupid opinion that useless Reno Omockery have about Obi. None of them is saying Peter Obi is bad or corrupt or anything, their only problem is Peter Obi's youth support base that is not agreeing with their old way of cash and carry politics of highest bidder.

More funny is the fact that Prof Wole Soyinka support Bola Tinubu whose supporters kill, burn and destroy properties and even fought opposition voters from voting, but they are excellent supporters to Wole Soyinka but Peter Obi's supporters who only respond to critics online are the dangerous supporters not Bola Tinubu or Buhari's supporters who kill people, burn houses, cars, etc, and you say all is well with Prof Wole Soyinka's mental state?

Being an Obidients definately takes away people's ability to use their brains

A PHD student is criticizing a prophesor and Nobel laureate

3 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by DMerciful(m): 5:08am On May 27
You're slow sha!

Did nobel prize made
Einstein or Marie Curie?
HilcomTech:

I feel sorry for you and your kind.

So you feel nothing special about Einstein, Marie Curie etc
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by HilcomTech(m): 5:26am On May 27
DMerciful:
You're slow sha!

Did nobel prize made A
Einstein or Marie Curie?

Throwing insults will not make your sad heart any happier.

I really do feel sorry for you and your kind.

Only an OBIDIENT will condem novel laureate all because of a 3rd class Peter Obi.

Do you know the amount of contribution Nobel laureate winners have contributed to the development of mankind over many many years? You have the mind to attack the novel laureate system just because of a 3rd class Peter Obi?

I genuinely feel sorry for OBIDIENTS

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by DMerciful(m): 5:35am On May 27
Wole Soyinka is the focus here. He contributed cultism to Nigeria
HilcomTech:

Throwing insults will not make your sad heart any happier.

I really do feel sorry for you and your kind.

Only an OBIDIENT will condem novel laureate all because of a 3rd class Peter Obi.

Do you know the amount of contribution Nobel laureate winners have contributed to the development of mankind over many many years? You have the mind to attack the novel laureate system just because of a 3rd class Peter Obi?

I genuinely feel sorry for OBIDIENTS
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by HilcomTech(m): 5:42am On May 27
DMerciful:
Wole Soyinka is the focus here. He contributed cultism to Nigeria

Stop changing your mouth and telling lies

You attacked the Nobel price system saying nothing special about it and it is given by a small country.

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by saobobo80: 5:47am On May 27
ElSudani:

Someone who fought dictators to a standstill. Soyinka's place is solid and secured. He cannot be erased by little ants calling themselves Obidients. What a joke.

Ogbeni, eti e melo? The old man has exposed himself, and his respect is gone forever.
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by bdon123(m): 6:11am On May 27
BATified2023:
the only thing that makes him stupid to igbos is that he didn’t support obi?

We ain’t surprised

Fascist gbajues
This rite here shows how smart a particular set of people are.so i assumed igbo?smh last year really showed us who d dumbest set of people are densely located....till now they havent received sense
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by DMerciful(m): 6:18am On May 27
Oya kill yasef na
HilcomTech:

Stop changing your mouth and telling lies

You attacked the Nobel price system saying nothing special about it and it is given by a small country.
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by GoodLife4live: 7:22am On May 27
ablejesus26:

Shut up your mouth,you cursed tribalists.

Explain why you are crying and wailing Igbo on this thread now😁😁...

You have been doing this nonsense senseless dry tribal banters since 1985 this is 2024 You are still doing senseless tribal banters,you will still be in your dying bed still dey look for your co ipob tribalist to do senseless tribal banters with 😁😁.

Make We tell ourselves truth. This your destiny na rubbish destiny joor
talk about your own destiny ashawo ....

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by BATified2023: 7:42am On May 27
SocialJustice:
Your sophistry is very low quality. Wole Soyinka is not the best and I rate books by content and quality.

Our teachers just created a fake bloated image of the man because he is Nobel winner. We can see for ourselves, the dust the old man comes out to spew every now and then.

He should stick to writing plays or retire quietly, his political commentary is useless. This was the man that caused chaos when fuel was 140, why is he quiet now? Rubbish fellow, instead Peter Obi is his problem.

Don't bother replying because I dislike discussions based on twisting the truth and outright deceit.
keep quiet there

U just keep showing u are not intelligent, I shouldn’t have bothered to reply u but I have to correct some madness in u

So y don’t your teachers create a bloated image of chinua achebe?

So Nigeria teachers created a bloated image of him throughout the world n even created a bloated image of him through his books?

We all know d reason u igbos attack soyinka is because he didn’t support your obi madness

U igbos should just stick to your 2 by 2 container analysis

Anything beyond that u have no sense of it

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by BATified2023: 7:46am On May 27
ebufa:

Soyinka is not Jesus Christ,who is beyond reproach! The last time I checked Wole Soyinka was human....a very flawed one at that! Soyinka has been on the side of History on a lot of issues but on this one he is wrong! He smacks of condescension and blatant arrogance...........an attitude that many yoruba elite display whenever they are dealing with ndigbo!
but obi is Jesus Christ that can’t do any wrong abi?

U can criticize soyinka but nobody dare says anything about obi

U dey craze

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by BATified2023: 8:11am On May 27
Scarcity234:
Wole Soyinka is a tribalistic and hypocritical onye nzuzu!

He feels special cos he has what?
Noble laureate?
That he won with what? An unknown work?

Noble laureate my foot.

Others that won that prize aren't as foolish as him and he keep making noise cos he thinks he's what?

What's positive contribution has the anu mpama added to the nation's growth?

please what is soyinka sim?
Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by BATified2023: 8:13am On May 27
HilcomTech:

Being an Obidients definately takes away people's ability to use their brains

A PHD student is criticizing a prophesor and Nobel laureate
God bless u

The mumu is even calling a phd student a professor

I guess he doesn’t even know d meaning

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by BATified2023: 8:16am On May 27
saobobo80:

Ogbeni, eti e melo? The old man has exposed himself, and his respect is gone forever.
please what made soyinka lose respect?

I guess because he didn’t support d fascist igbo?

U dey craze

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by swagana: 8:40am On May 27
BATified2023:

U dey craze

Soyinka the father of cultism in Nigeria don cast.
Who takes this one serious again?

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by ElSudani: 8:42am On May 27
BATified2023:

U dey craze

He lost respect because one delusional Obidient said so.
Sometimes you just need to ignore some of them.

2 Likes

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by HilcomTech(m): 10:16am On May 27
DMerciful:
Oya kill yasef na

No kill people on top election matter.. It is not worth it

Even Goodluck Jonathan said the blood of a single Nigerian is not worth his presidency.

1 Like

Re: Another Professor Destroyed Soyinka. by javascript1901: 10:27am On May 27
Ofunaofu:
"The man that brings ant-infested woods into his hut should not grumble when lizards begin to pay him a visit."---Chinua Achebe

Chinua Achebe was a tribal bigot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. / Bitter - Sweet: Iyabo's Mother Recounts Ordeal In The Hand Of Olusegun Obasanjo / Lower Nigerian Flag All Over The Country In Honor Of Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.