Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2309015 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:41am On Apr 26, 2018
edi287:

Pep coached Barca B and got them to the Segunda. Arteta has been nothing more than an assistant for just a season. Totally different
Arteta isnt really my choice, though I can give him a chance. I can give people the chance to prove themselves. That he is inexperienced doesn't mean he can't be better than every other person. That's my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:44am On Apr 26, 2018
chuckdee4:

I disagree, Chambers has more experience than Holding and should be miles better but isn't.
Don't forget he was part of that Middlesbrough team that got relegated, the team might have been crap overall but he never stood out in that defence.
After that loan spell if he can't look better than Mustafi does at the moment then I fear for him
I'll cut him some slack because of his age but I expected a lot more from him though
Neither Chambers nor Holding are finished products yet.

Point is, right now, I mean right now not last season, Chambers is the better defender. I have seen both quite recently

In fact Chambers seems better for me than Mustafi at CB.

Please don't use his game as a RB to judge him. Check his performance as a CB.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 6:23am On Apr 26, 2018
Spy360:

I think Pep is a brilliant tactician with a great attacking-possession philosophy.

Just that he has to buy ready made players to execute such mammoth plans. No modern club like City will have the patience to allow him groom or mould his players. Hence the need to buy expensively.

I will take Pep ahead of any other manager.

And run your club finances down... man city is running at a loss because they can afford to... man utd is running at a loss... because they can afford to... can Arsenal afford to run at a loss...

what you studied accounting... do the calculations... Pep winning the champions league was suppose to offset some debt... he failed... same as man utd... it's why we can't afford to spend more than £50 million pounds next season...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:09am On Apr 26, 2018
Spy360:

Throughout my working experience, when you get sacked, you don't continue working. It was a resignation, just that it wasn't Wenger wish.

At Arsenal, no one can sack Wenger. It was clearly written when Kroenke bought the club and asked to move to Emirate.

I’ve actually seen cases where new management takes over and some member of staff are asked to go.

It happens mostly in the financial sector. In fact , u will might even be given like 3 months notice in which the new hands would come in and settle and u would also be able to look for a new job.

So saying wenger was not sacked because he still has to oversee the last few games of the season may not really hold water o.

This wenger sack may not be the sack the way you know sack to be; but sure he is being disengaged in a very honorable way
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2018
Spy360:

Throughout my working experience, when you get sacked, you don't continue working. It was a resignation, just that it wasn't Wenger wish.

At Arsenal, no one can sack Wenger. It was clearly written when Kroenke bought the club and asked to move to Emirate.
lol
I guess you dont work in a friendly environment, haven't you hear advise to resign within a time limit
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2018
BlueRayDick:

I’ve actually seen cases where new management takes over and some member of staff are asked to go.

It happens mostly in the financial sector. In fact , u will might even be given like 3 months notice in which the new hands would come in and settle and u would also be able to look for a new job.

So saying wenger was not sacked because he still has to oversee the last few games of the season may not really hold water o.

This wenger sack may not be the sack the way you know sack to be; but sure he is being disengaged in a very honorable way
you get am Jo...for him to come out open shows he was discharged against his wish which is honourable sack
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
While I feel the board would have let him finish his contract next year, it is my theory that he told them he wanted to leave at the end of the season because some members of the board and fans asked for his head. The only thing the board through Gazidis did is to make him announce it early. First, to settle the season-ticket holders many of which were reneging on renewing, and perhaps to open up their market for his replacement. To that end, Wenger was not sacked, but he was sacked.

The man actually said this farewell tour is his Arsenal farewell tour not his footballing one. So I guess he might take up another job elsewhere. Could be wrong.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
iPopAlomo:

And run your club finances down... man city is running at a loss because they can afford to... man utd is running at a loss... because they can afford to... can Arsenal afford to run at a loss...

what you studied accounting... do the calculations... Pep winning the champions league was suppose to offset some debt... he failed... same as man utd... it's why we can't afford to spend more than £50 million pounds next season...

I don't know where you are getting these conjectures from but it is simply not true. You cannot make enough profit from the champions league to offset any debt. How much do you really think club's make from the champions league?

And also, why have you held unto this rumour mill that Arsenal will not spend beyond 50M next season? Hope you know your club is rooted at 6th in the league and NOTHING today predicts that the next season will be any better without spending.

So the news is just gossip mill probably instigated by the club to weed out managers who are only interested in experimenting with Arsenal or as a pedestal for another job. In fact, if that news were true, Arsenal will regress even more next season and it will not be because the new coach was a fraud.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
Eruditor:
While I feel the board would have let him finish his contract next year, it is my theory that he told them he wanted to leave at the end of the season because some members of the board and fans asked for his head. The only thing the board through Gazidis did is to make him announce it early. First, to settle the season-ticket holders many of which were reneging on renewing, and perhaps to open up their market for his replacement. To that end, Wenger was not sacked, but he was sacked.

The man actually said this farewell tour is his Arsenal farewell tour not his footballing one. So I guess he might take up another job elsewhere. Could be wrong.
The best for Wenger is to pick up coaching job with a National team if he decides to continue. Picking a club job in Europe will not be cool at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
kokaneprodigy:

The best for Wenger is to pick up coaching job with a National team if he decides to continue. Picking a club job in Europe will not be cool at all.

Or he can move to the US to revolutionise their league. Maybe even swap with Viera. LOL
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
C'mon You Gunners... show up and do it big for Le' Prof!

grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
Spy360:

I reserve a lot of respect for Arsene Wenger. He made me love this club. I started watching football during his Face off with Sir Alex. I chose to take sides with him. I have no regrets (not really sha grin.

But then all good things have an end ( except salvation). It was time to say goodbye.

I sincerely hope he doesn't take another appointment else where, cos I would be mad with jealousy.

makes sense tho he spoilt his own legacy with stubbornness

good luck tonight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
COYG!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
Na God I take beg JW10, abeg keep it simple.

COYG!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
A confident start to the game as we are moving the ball well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lacazette hits the bar. He should be hitting that ball better. Pressure go soon burst pipe as Laca continues to find himself in position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
Vrsaljko gets a second yellow for a stump on Lacazette. I think it is debatable but the right call in my opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
It is falling apart for A. Madrid as Simeone is sent to the stands. They are losing their composure now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
All of a sudden, I no wan make Arsenal win again... haba, which kain decisions be dat na!?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PDPGuy: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Roland17:
Vrsaljko gets a second yellow for a stump on Lacazette. I think it is debatable but the right call in my opinion.
Yes, it was a yellow card offense, but Clement Turpin bleeped up. He should have managed the situation better by giving Vrsalyko a verbal warning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MaziOmenuko: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lol...I always bad this instinct that uefa may just hand this trophy to Wenger as a retirement package. I refused to believe this conspiracy theory until now. Now my initial instinct is becoming real. I guess the ref is French and that fits perfectly into my theory.

Its a pitty Athletico is the scale goat. I am still rooting for Salzburg though. Those lads can ball wella.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
Laca is finding the space and position and he has to do better with these opportunities.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
PDPGuy:

Yes, it was a yellow card offense, but Clement Turpin bleeped up. He should have managed the situation better by giving Vrsalyko a verbal warning.

The referee has to be careful about subjective interpretations of the rule. A verbal warning was appropriate for the first yellow if you ask me but the second was a stud stump and irrespective, that is a dangerous play and a yellow card. Vrsaljko made rash decisions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
A. Madrid are a very disciplined side and that is why I am not shocked they have not made any changes after the red.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
We have been very wasteful in front of goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
This has to be frustrating for A. Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Roland17:
We have been very wasteful in front of goal.
arsenal should take advantage and score goals . atleti are a man down
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
The squandering continues
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
Let's just say this ref isn't here to do Athleti any favours!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
purplekayc:
arsenal should take advantage and score goals . atleti are a man down

We have gotten into very good positions but finishing has been poor.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
1 goal will not be enough to force A.Madrid to become more offensive in this game. They would gladly take a 1-0 loss back to Spain as that is very easy to overturn. Arsenal has to score 2 or more to make A. Madrid panic.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
The deflection killed the sting in Griezman's shot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.