Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,118 members, 7,856,478 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2356460 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) ... (3547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TalabiAudu: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Afolabi6046:
how far Spy360 and sod09, tomorrow is a must win for us o, we need those 3 points badly.

I'm thinking we should just bench Ozil and Auba, let's start Bergkamp, Carzola, Van Persie, Vierra and Henry altogether. What do you think? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pkasso(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
diadem10:

Tell me you didn't check his stat? I never did but I knew he recorded upto the no and was both the highest scorer and top 'assister'.
I had a bit of a trouble digging up the stats for that particular world cup qualifying stage. But Transfermarkt has Ozil's stats history in 3 World cup qualifying competitions at 20 matches, 9 goals, 10 assists. Now tell me where you got your own 10 goals and 14 assists in 2014 alone!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
diadem10:

Others were considered, for example both Laca and Auba gets to operate as forwards as well as Iwobi who gets to play in the centre.

Better still, a 3412 would look good if you love the wingplay so much. Bellerin would benefit alot in the setup also. Besides, Wenger used this setup last season and I think the team had great time with the setup and amassed lot of points. Both Ozil and Sanchez looked good, even Xhaka. Now, you've got a better player than Xhaka in Guendouzi.

Anyway na you sabi.
I really believe having wingbacks will make the team stronger especially when defending as we don't have quick CD.

Also it will allow the likes of Bellerin to thrive as he is very good going forward.

It will also ease the defending burden on Ozil and Mkhi.

But wetin I said?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
Afolabi6046:
how far Spy360 and sod09, tomorrow is a must win for us o, we need those 3 points badly.

I'm thinking we should just bench Ozil and Auba, let's start Bergkamp, Carzola, Van Persie, Vierra and Henry altogether. What do you think? cheesy
Your senselessness is worse than I thought. As in your senselessness is subzero.

As in any future sense you get would be used to offset the senselessness you possess now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
pkasso:
I had a bit of a trouble digging up the stats for that particular world cup qualifying stage. But Transfermarkt has Ozil's stats history in 3 World cup qualifying competitions at 20 matches, 9 goals, 10 assists. Now tell me where you got your own 10 goals and 14 assists in 2014 alone!!
Lol. I already stated I didn't check his stat before coming up with the no but I knew he had close to that no and that was why I didn't check to ascertain the fact.

Anyway, Ozil actually had 8 goals and 11 assists in 12 starts while playing as a false 10 in 2014 Germany's worldcup qualifiers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pkasso(m): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
diadem10:

Lol. I already stated I didn't check his stat before coming up with the no but I knew he had close to that no and that was why I didn't check to ascertain the fact.

Anyway, Ozil actually had 8 goals and 11 assists in 12 starts while playing as a false 10 in 2014 Germany's worldcup qualifiers.
Source, please??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Spy360:

Your senselessness is worse than I thought. As in your senselessness is subzero.

As in any future sense you get would be used to offset the senselessness you possess now.
grin grin
You Bleep up why you reply the mumu
Is it just me or the new breed of skepe fans are just stupid by default
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pkasso(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
diadem10:

Espn.
http://m.espn.com/soccer/profile?id=84775&type=stats&lang=EN&wjb=
ESPN is a credible source enough. But I have doubts regarding the integrity of the data. Some of the numbers just don't add up. Did you check the assists total of all his seasons. Numbers like 143, 160, 189, 199. That's just Crazy. I don't need to be a genius to know that's a lie. Ozil is yet to make a single assist this season but somehow they have him at 21. Only God knows what else they could have gotten wrong. 10 assists in the first 8 games, and then just 1 in the remaining 4 games. And you don't find that suspicious.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
pkasso:
ESPN is a credible source enough. But I have doubts regarding the integrity of the data. Some of the numbers just don't add up. Did you check the assists total of all his seasons. Numbers like 143, 160, 189, 199. That's just Crazy. I don't need to be a genius to know that's a lie. Ozil is yet to make a single assist this season but somehow they have him at 21. Only God knows what else they could have gotten wrong. 10 assists in the first 8 games, and then just 1 in the remaining 4 games. And you don't find that suspicious.
You need to discard those metrics below it however the main stat is quite correct.

I don't find it suspicious because Ozil played just behind the striker. He was almost like a false 9 and he didn't disappoint with the goals. Sometime, it had to do with Gotze playing as the no 9 and while Gotze was dropping deep, Ozil would interchange and operate as the 9.

Personally, I think Ozil's best position is as a false 9. His movement and linkup play are one of the best you can have in a team and he would be more at home operating in the final third and only have to drop deep when needed. He can also chip in the goals like he did for Germany. I think the closest he ever had for Arsenal in that role was when Wenger employed 3421 tactic in the second half of 2 seasons ago and the first half of last season and it wasn't surprising when his form improved. I think he scored alot too although Wenger changed the setup after swapping Sanchez for Mkhi in January.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
Spy360:

why Emery? why? why did you inflict the gooners with so much pain

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pkasso(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
diadem10:

You need to discard those metrics below it however the main stat is quite correct.

I don't find it suspicious because Ozil played just behind the striker. He was almost like a false 9 and he didn't disappoint with the goals. Sometime, it had to do with Gotze playing as the no 9 and while Gotze was dropping deep, Ozil would interchange and operate as the 9.

Personally, I think Ozil's best position is as a false 9. His movement and linkup play are one of the best you can have in a team and he would be more at home operating in the final third and only have to drop deep when needed. He can also chip in the goals like he did for Germany. I think the closest he ever had for Arsenal in that role was when Wenger employed 3421 tactic in the second half of 2 seasons ago and the first half of last season and it wasn't surprising when his form improved. I think he scored alot too although Wenger changed the setup after swapping Sanchez for Mkhi in January.
Ozil playing as a false 9 explains his goal increase, not necessarily his outrageous number of assists. What's to say that '10' wasn't just a '1'. I told you Transfermarkt has his stats in all World Cup qualifiers as 10 assists. I'm probably just dragging a non-issue. I get everything you are trying to say.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:06am On Aug 25, 2018
Afolabi6046:
why Emery? why? why did you inflict the gooners with so much pain
It's OK na.

Oya sorry.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2018
diadem10:

Which one is false 10? Or you mean false 9?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2018
Double Post

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2018
A Win Please

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
Spy360:

It's OK na.

Oya sorry.
I feel your pain bro but it's all banter, no hard feelings. I didn't take any offence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afolabi6046:
I feel your pain bro but it's all banter, no hard feelings. I didn't take any offence.
smiley

I shall comment my reserve after we trash West Ham.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
All we are saying...
Give us three points.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
This high line wen we dey play dey fear me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
I talk am!!!! angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
The ball watching charade continues.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nihilstjnr: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
Wenger go just dey laugh into his very expensive white wine on his boat in Monaco...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
For my enemies have gathered, Lord please put them to shame angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
Na Ankara on top jeans sure pass
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nihilstjnr: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
oshey. Gunners!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
Roland17:
For my enemies have gathered, Lord please put them to shame angry

Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Bellerin dey kill us defensively, I mean, everyone is just getting behind him because of his poor positioning and awareness.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
@Fredoooooo, I see say you don press pause for your comment. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
Our attack is too predictable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
Just look at Ramsey angry as we remain susceptible to the counter because of this ridiculous high line we are playing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) ... (3547) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.