Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314121 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
MrDojo:

In a same you're buttressing my point, although they played to their strengths, their weakness (defense) still cost them in the end.

Just imagine where we would have been if he had a decent defense. Or a good defensive approach (the whole team defending together.)

Bro, let's agree to disagree.

To me, our defense is nothing to write home about.
It's okay, my fear is kola starting against city,he will so bump forward and allow sterling a free ride in our box.that's scary and trust me when aguero and Sterling double up on kosc,fans will roast him and free kola.
Its okay.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
daveP:

how would you say our defence is okay in one paragraph and counter that in another paragraph in the same post? you just shot yourself in the foot.

Their moving forward is the problem. No matter how fast they may be to recover, they cannot be settle enough to stop goals from being scored against us. even if its ramos and terry we have.

Thats why its not okay. The shadow marking stuff sucks for arsenal.

we are still good at the offside traps but trust me, our defence sucks. How can u be passing inside the box with terrifying strikers such as firmino, salah and mane inches away. instead of budeying the ball, they are showing flair!!!

we may have defenders that contribute well to getting goals, but Arsenal's defence is wack than Leicester when it comes to Organization and overall reaction. fact.

we have conceeded stupid goals.

GF-50
GA-33
GP-24

Thats conceeding 1.7goals per game!!!

Dats not a good defence.

See liverpool's GA.

im not expecting a high performance, but that conceeding of stupid goals is my issue with the back line.

I meant our starting back 4 is okay to get some job done (not world class),and our full back going far up pitch since we lack width upfront has been the bane of our getting scored on the counter.
Its okay, All the best till we clear them all out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2019
sod09:
I will clear the damn defence
Another example of good defence is atletico and juve
These 2 clubs hardly score much but they hardly concede too

At. Madrid is the perfect example of a team with a solid defense. Most of their matches usually ends 1-0 (1-1), 2-0 and really 3+ goals.

In that team, everyone must defend. But, the defenders on their own are exceptional, too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
Fkhalifa:

It's okay, my fear is kola starting against city,he will so bump forward and allow sterling a free ride in our box.that's scary and trust me when aguero and Sterling double up on kosc,fans will roast him and free kola.
Its okay.

cheesy grin cheesy grin

My biggest fear is if baba Lich will start. Sane will send that man on retirement if Unai starts him. I won't lie, I've been having nightmares about the match. I can't see anyway Arsenal won't collect at least 3 goals.

Instead of out boys to draw inspiration from palace, Newcastle, and Leicester, they will just go and fumble on Sunday.

Well I'm happy that the match is coming up now. Unlike city, the next two big teams we meet are realistically possible for us to beat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Any team coached by pep has this same philosophy. It's either u blend or make way for others to come on board.

Why not use any other team not coached by him as an example? We saw a defensively solid athletico win the Spanish league. Do you belive an Athletico Madrid koke and Co would have won the league with mustafi, Sokratis, Bellerin and monreal/Kolasinaic playing as back 4

cheesy grin cheesy shocked shocked grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I meant our starting back 4 is okay to get some job done (not world class),and our full back going far up pitch since we lack width upfront has been the bane of our getting scored on the counter.
Its okay, All the best till we clear them all out.
And thats why we keep scoring crappy goals.

This system is more or less a hint at the fact that our midfield is as limp as it already is. When last did Xhaka or Torreira assist a goal?

ozil that is considered lazy still comes off the bench and assists.

iwobi for the last 10games has been involved in goals for Arsenal. usually goals that open the scoresheet.

The Kolasinac and Bellerin stuff seems to be working but im not satified with it cos it exposes the defence to stupid goals, especially when their pace is used 100percent in running back to defend than shielding the defence.

Dont even Mention Ramsey cos he is gone to Juve already and thats a bad deal.

Emery seems cool with his middle passing the ball sideways than forward and ut makes Good strikers like Auba and Laca to seem ineffective. Imagine a good midfield providing this two good sleek passes without hestitation, or indecision and we would get 60+ goals by now.

Emery relies too much on these wingbacks and it sucks to me.

Asin if wasnt enough that Wenger defence were bad, he came up with a system to take two defenders to be attacking. We arent ready for this risky system. thats just it.

Iwobi is the only dribbler in that team to me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
daveP:

This system is more or less a hint at the fact that our midfield is as limp as it already is. When last did Xhaka or Torreira assist a goal?

iwobi for the last 10games has been involved in goals for Arsenal. usually goals that open the scoresheet.

The Kolasinac and Bellerin stuff seems to be working but im not satified with it cos it exposes the defence to stupid goals, especially when their pace is used 100percent in running back to defend than shielding the defence.

Emery seems cool with his middle passing the ball sideways than forward and ut makes Good strikers like Auba and Laca to seem ineffective. Imagine a good midfield providing this two good sleek passes without hestitation, or indecision and we would get 60+ goals by now.

Asin if wasnt enough that Wenger defence were bad, he came up with a system to take two defenders to be attacking. We arent ready for this risky system. thats just it.

Iwobi is truly the only player we have that can beat his man one on one. The rest of them are sideways pass masters.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
The Man city game is gone if Emery is gonna rely on Kola and Lichs to create the attack. They have wingers that can get penalties with their paces and coyish style.

and Aguero is a beast in tight places. If Xhaka starts that game, he may see red. same for Mustafi.

i hope Emery allows that small boy to use his accurate long passes to help with the attack else, goals would be hard to come by.

The Kola and Iwobi stuff may disturb the Walker or Stones, but if counter happens.... ooops.

Sometimes, i want more from Iwobi, but when i look at the average contribution of his teammates, i just can't talk.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
MrDojo:

Iwobi is truly the only player we have that can beat his man one on one. The rest of them are sideways pass masters.
The rest can't even dribble without causing a foul, especially that Xhaka. Cazorla is irreplaceable till now. That guy would start a counter and be involved in ending it, weda attacker dey or not.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2019
daveP:

Exactly, you have said my mind, only if Auba/ laca are surrounded by quality AM and wingers, we may be scoring 3+ goals every game, I get frustrated when we struggle to create or break down a Cardiff or Burnley, at half time we already panicking and wondering how the goal will come.
Our midfielders doesn't just do simple nearest passes.only iwobi and Matteo tries diff stuffs.
I don't think Emery is happy with what he's got in the creative position, that's why he got Suarez.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:31am On Feb 02, 2019
patrickmuf:
Then you're underestimating the work Matuidi, Khedira and Bentacur does for Juve and the work Rodri, Koke and Thomas put in.
so you feel the players you listed can win the league with arsenal defence
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:49am On Feb 02, 2019
MrDojo:

Yes. Although there are some very good defenders in those team, the whole team defends together. They have people who can take up a leadership role if the need arises. Unlike ours, where Baba Lich will be shouting for Mustafi, and Kos will be compaling to Kola. Even Papa will sometimes forget that he his a footballer, he will be talking and shielding players as if he is a Greek wrestler.

They really need to overhaul the defense or bring in a "PROPER" defensive minded coach (asst.) If not, the team will continue to suffer.
on point, our defence is weak and we don't defend as a team.
I also agree our defence should start from attack but that defence can never hold it own as a department.
So terrible sometimes I wonder do these people train at all

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:48am On Feb 02, 2019
MrDojo:

cheesy grin cheesy grin

My biggest fear is if baba Lich will start. Sane will send that man on retirement if Unai starts him. I won't lie, I've been having nightmares about the match. I can't see anyway Arsenal won't collect at least 3 goals.

Instead of out boys to draw inspiration from palace, Newcastle, and Leicester, they will just go and fumble on Sunday.

Well I'm happy that the match is coming up now. Unlike city, the next two big teams we meet are realistically possible for us to beat.
That means sane and sterling Will slice us like yam of APM party.

How I wish we have a perisic and carrasco to scare them also.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 7:05am On Feb 02, 2019
sod09:
so you feel the players you listed can win the league with arsenal defence
The argument from the get go focused on how Arsenal can improve defensively and not about winning the league. That's why I suggested that the strikers and midfielders need to put in a shift to help the defense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2019
Soneone tell the boyz to avoid another heavy defeat,be men and give them tough time.
I hope Emery would start the players that usually do not hide from the opponent’s pressure and body contacts, like Iwobi, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ramsey,Mustafi and Monreal..

I'm afraid Auba and ozil will be lost.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Soneone tell the boyz to avoid another heavy defeat,be men and give them tough time.
I hope Emery would start the players that usually do not hide from the opponent’s pressure and body contacts, like Iwobi, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ramsey,Mustafi and Monreal..

I'm afraid Auba and ozil will be lost.
start mhki too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Leno
Niles kos mustafi monreal
Xhaka Lucas
Mhki Suarez/ozil. Iwobi
Lacazette

Ramsey should never enter our match day squad again,that guy is possessed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:41am On Feb 03, 2019
sod09:
i say we clear out the whole wengay players.. each time they play, i feel its wengay
lol This guy you're obsessed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:46am On Feb 03, 2019
BlueRayDick:

This is so so untrue. Arsenal have decent attackers. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, will make the first team of some top teams(Maybe not all, but at least some ).They are delivering if you ask me.

Defence has proven to be Arsenal's problem. Just take a look at Liverpool sitting No.1 on the log with 61 points compared to Arsenal's 47 points. That's a whole 14 points gap. Would you believe Liverpool have only scored just 5 goals more than Arsenal?

We've scored 50 goals and conceded 33, while Liverpool has scored 55 and conceded mere 14 goals. And you say defense is not our problem.

As for the wish for more wingers, well that boarders on the style of play we choose to play. Arsenal in the recent past has been playing tru the middle which may have been the reason you don't see us buying wingers compared to teams like Liverpool and Man Utd. If Emery wants to play tru the wings he may invest more in that department , but if not he should concentrate on strengthening the defense and getting a replacement for Ramsey.

This is a more tactical analysis. A clear picture of the clubs state. But it shows an imbalance. Having just centre players with no wingers leaves the team very predictable and narrow minded. It becomes difficult for the coach to tweak his formations with respect to opponents.
I believe that is what Emery wants to change. He has shown tactical flexibility in willing to both play from the centre and also from the wings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:50am On Feb 03, 2019
MrDojo:

Thank you!

Our defense is our biggest issue.

This current Arsenal is like Liverpool of a few seasons ago, when they had a superb attack (Suarez, Sterling, and Sturidge), what killed their title hopes that season? Their defense!

Before Liverpool got VVD and Ali, what f-ed them up? Defense!

Pep's first season, what exposed him? Defense!

Arsenal, our attack is one of the best in the league. Midfield is average, while our defensive record is in the relegation contenders zone.

I doubt we have kept 10 clean sheets in all comp this season.

How others can say defense is not our problem is truly shocking.

But I respect the fact that we all have individual opinions.
Defense is our problem, not because we don't have the materials but because the aren't always available due to injuries. By always changing guards you limit the potency of your defense. Defending is more about the understanding between players than about their individual qualities.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:00am On Feb 03, 2019
Spy360:

Defense is our problem, not because we don't have the materials but because the aren't always available due to injuries. By always changing guards you limit the potency of your defense. Defending is more about the understanding between players than about their individual qualities.
bros holding, bellerin are the only okay guys in that defense. Others are just there, I could have added monreal but he's old and injury prone
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2019
sod09:
start mhki too
mhicky can be very important and be a disaster. I'm not sure of the mhicki that will show up

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2019
Spy360:

I agree with some parts of your point, but I totally disagree about the quality aspect. cheesy grin

Although long term partnerships can help a defense, if the players are shit, it will only make things worse. Even if we say they lack understanding because of injuries, the individual errors made my the defenders are shocking. Errors you will never expect from a Pro playing in a 'big' club.

If you watch teams like Burnley, Brighton, and Newcastle, you'll see how difficult it is to break them down. Unlike those teams, Arsenal's defense welcomes everybody. To the extent that if you do not score against Arsenal, your attackers have a big problem cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:52am On Feb 03, 2019
Fkhalifa:
mhicky can be very important and be a disaster. I'm not sure of the mhicki that will show up

Miki has declined massively, you can't compare him to the player he was back in Dortmund. cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:58am On Feb 03, 2019
sod09:
Leno
Niles kos mustafi monreal
Xhaka Lucas
Mhki Suarez/ozil. Iwobi
Lacazette

Ramsey should never enter our match day squad again,that guy is possessed
I like the line up, Ramsey and Matteo can also a job in games like this, they don't disappear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2019
Hey gunners,go and fuckup city's sunday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2019
krattoss:
Hey gunners,go and fuckup city's sunday

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2019
MrDojo:

Miki has declined massively, you can't compare him to the player he was back in Dortmund. cry cry
So sad, I tipped him to be our main man this season, we have to move him on asap and get replaced by a better attacking player.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:37am On Feb 03, 2019
MrDojo:

I agree with some parts of your point, but I totally disagree about the quality aspect. cheesy grin

Although long term partnerships can help a defense, if the players are shit, it will only make things worse. Even if we say they lack understanding because of injuries, the individual errors made my the defenders are shocking. Errors you will never expect from a Pro playing in a 'big' club.

If you watch teams like Burnley, Brighton, and Newcastle, you'll see how difficult it is to break them down. Unlike those teams, Arsenal's defense welcomes everybody. To the extent that if you do not score against Arsenal, your attackers have a big problem cheesy grin

Oil dey your head. You can’t pin those school boy errors made by mustafi, baba etc on the attackers lailai. Even Socratis is not a good marker like that , except for his jam body style when he’s on the run with an opposing player, but when faced one on one with an attacker he usually misjudge

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I like the line up, Ramsey and Matteo can also a job in games like this, they don't disappear
it's better to have options on bench, that's if we are still in the game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2019
MrDojo:

Quality wise, our back four are internationals- Bellerin, Mustafi, Socratis, Koscielny, Kolasinac. These guys are not the worst in the league.

Under the right set up they can thrive.

The problem I think is not the back four but the entire team structure. This problem began when Wenger started allowing players the freedom to do what they like. That is why you see someone strolling on the pitch while others work their socks off.

So defensively our team needs to get it right which comes from both tactical and positional discipline.

If we choose to attack from the sides, when the fullbacks push up the centre midfielders should have the discipline to sit back and cover up. God forbid if they are slow.

If we choose to attack from the centre, then our fullbacks must stay and not push too high.

If you study our defensive play Vs Chelsea you could see how a good structure earns you a win.

So for me, it is not about quality only but also team structure and playing time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
Spy360:

Quality wise, our back four are internationals- Bellerin, Mustafi, Socratis, Koscielny, Kolasinac. These guys are not the worst in the league.

Under the right set up they can thrive.

The problem I think is not the back four but the entire team structure. This problem began when Wenger started allowing players the freedom to do what they like. That is why you see someone strolling on the pitch while others work their socks off.

So defensively our team needs to get it right which comes from both tactical and positional discipline.

If we choose to attack from the sides, when the fullbacks push up the centre midfielders should have the discipline to sit back and cover up. God forbid if they are slow.

If we choose to attack from the centre, then our fullbacks must stay and not push too high.

If you study our defensive play Vs Chelsea you could see how a good structure earns you a win.

So for me, it is not about quality only but also team structure and playing time.

Nice points, bro. But, if you want to play with a good structure, you must have the 'right' players. If not, you are only wasting your time. Players can't give what they don't have.

I understand that on modern football, the entire team is involved in the process, Arsenal players cannot do that. They just don't have it in them. And, how defenders quality wise, are average. Just too average.

If he was fit, Bellerin can never start for Spain, Mustafi has been dumped by Germany when they noticed his nonsense. Kos, cannot enter french team again. Papa plays for Greece (they are not a European giant or anything like that. P.s. I'm not belittling his quality) Kola plays for Bosnia (I don't think I've to explain). Monrel, relaible but old. Lich ( I don't want to talk about the old man). Jekinson (LOL) Holding (U21)

People that play for Kuwait, Togo etc are also internationals, but are they quality players?

P.s. this does not mean that there are no quality players in some of those countries.

Bro, let's agree to disagree. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.