Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313654 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 12:50am On Jan 30, 2019
pazienza:

United didn't win an Arsenal team on 22 match winning run.
You won an Arsenal team battling for form, ravaged by constant injury to key members of the squad and who lost to spuds at home and West Ham away, recently.
Don't flatter yourselves.
Pipe down and keep all this horse shìt to urself.
I wonder why u are even just replying this today. United played Arsenal during ur fake unbeaten run and at a time United was struggling and u still couldn't win.
I can still manage the injury excuse but United came to Emirates and beat u 3-1 right after u beat Chelsea 2-0 with those ones managing 1 shot on target so save us all that talk of battling for form.

Anyway, I still expect Arsenal to finish ahead of United this season. Your team is not as good as you think, you have been getting results without being so convincing or dominant in display, you will sooner than later run out of luck, or let's just say that the law of regression to the mean, will just take it's full course.
Lol. Either you have been following United's games from ur radio listening to talksports or u have been watching the back of ur tv or u normally sit at the back of the viewing center when u go to watch games.
What's ur even ur definition of convincing or dominant? Is it until u have 70% possession and 50 shots on target before u can be dominant and convincing? Abeg go sleep

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 12:54am On Jan 30, 2019
odizeey:
keep deceiving yourself. Na city go end this discussion. grin grin.

How can you be lucky to win 8 games in a row. Unbeaten since ogs started. Oga wise up

You are 6th on the log, and likely going to be knocked out of the FA cup, next round.
That's the reality, that's the mean we are talking about.

You will play City too, and Liverpool as well, don't forget Chelsea too, three teams we would have finished playing by next weekend. It will all even out by season end.
And oh! Going by your lucky point today against the almighty Burnley, I wouldn't be too confident of winning Leceister, if I were you.

I expect Arsenal to still be a point ahead of United after next weekend fixtures.

Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 1:03am On Jan 30, 2019
Pipe down and keep all this horse shìt to urself.
I wonder why u are even just replying this today. United played Arsenal during ur fake unbeaten run and at a time United was struggling and u still couldn't win.
I can still manage the injury excuse but United came to Emirates and beat u 3-1 right after u beat Chelsea 2-0 with those ones managing 1 shot on target so save us all that talk of battling for form.

Maybe you should keep your bullshit of struggling United to yourself. No one cares about your struggles. You were only lucky to escape with a point from Old Trafford that day. You were dominated and outplayed.

You were also outplayed at Emirates, but escaped with the three points, thanks to your efficient front men. Credit where it's due.
Don't also forget that it was when Arsenal defensive shape was disorganized by Sokratis injury and consequent substitution , that you breached our defenses with two quick fire double that changed the entire dynamics of the game, by allowing you to sit deep and press Arsenal on the counter. Excuses? Maybe, but since you want to compare Arsenal defense Chelsea faced, and the one you faced, maybe it's time we pointed out the intra match injury forced change of defensive personel and formation.

Lol. Either you have been following United's games from ur radio listening to talksports or u have been watching the back of ur tv or u normally sit at the back of the viewing center when u go to watch games.
What's ur even ur definition of convincing or dominant? Is it until u have 70% possession and 50 shots on target before u can be dominant and convincing? Abeg go sleep[

There is nothing convincing about United displays. Your team is too average, the lucky wins are only papering over the cracks.
You are still sixth despite all this whole hullabaloo, are likely going to stay there for a long time. You simply are not good enough and can't give what you don't have. You have rode your luck so far under OGS, but you have already started running out of luck, things will even out sooner than later, and you will be back to wailing for trophyless Poch to come to your rescue again.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 1:22am On Jan 30, 2019
pazienza:

Maybe you should keep your bullshit of struggling United to yourself. No one cares about your struggles.
Funny enough i was minding my business when u decided to showcase ur stupìdity and jump on a discussion i was having with someone else from 2 days ago all because United drew today. I'm glad it's only when United drop points you know how to run ur mouth. Fūcking pūssy.

You were only lucky to escape with a point from Old Trafford that day. You were dominated and outplayed.
Show me who wont get outplayed when a manager sets up 11 players to come and park the bus for 90 mins.

You were also outplayed at Emirates, but escaped with the three points, thanks to your efficient front men. Credit where it's due.
Congrats. Keep outplaying ur opponents while they keep doing the scoring. Ever heard of counter attacking football. Even SAF had to rely on hit and run counter attacks to beat Arsenal severally at the Emirates.

There is nothing convincing about United displays. You Team is too average, the lucky wins are only papering the cracks.
You are still sixth despite all this whole hullabaloo, and likely going to stay there for a long time. You simply are not good enough and can't give what you don't have. You have rode your luck so far under OGS, but you have already started running out of luck, things will even out sooner than later, and you will be back to wailing for trophyless Poch to come to your rescue.
Lmao. Dumbass. U must have obviously lost a lot of sleep seeing United win games again.
Look at this nerd mouthing off about lucky wins, average teams, unconvincing displays and not being good enough when his own team is always a heartbeat and 90 mins away from another L.
Your club went 14 games unbeaten and is still dragging 6th with United that were 11 points behind ffs. Banter Club.

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 1:40am On Jan 30, 2019
Lana1
Funny enough i was minding my business when u decided to showcase ur stupìdity and jump on a discussion i was having with someone else from 2 days ago all because United drew today. I'm glad it's only when United drop points you know how to run ur mouth. Fūcking pūssy.

It doesn't matter when you made a comment, as long as its on internet, it can always be quoted and your validity questioned, even if it was made 100yrs ago.

Lol! United have been dropping points throughout this season, that's why you are currently 6th, you started the league same time as everyone else, remember? No one has time for you losers, I personally don't come to this Arsenal thread that often.

Show me who wont get outplayed when a manager sets up 11 players to come and park the bus for 90 mins.

Congrats. Keep outplaying ur opponents while they keep doing the scoring. Ever heard of counter attacking football. Even SAF had to rely on hit and run counter attacks to beat Arsenal severally at the Emirates.

United fans slamming Mou smacks of ungratefulness.
You came to Emirates with Mou last season, and parked the bus, got totally outplayed by Arsenal, but were clinical in front of goal, whereas Arsenal were woeful in the final third.
Your win at Emirates the other day, wasn't so different from Mou win last season. Possesion was 62-38, shots were 13-8 in Arsenal favour , but you were again clinical in front of goal, while wasteful Arsenal again paid the ultimate price.
Other than blind optimism, I see no big changes in United play. Your fundamental problems remain, you are simply not convincing, you lack top class players across the pitch, sooner than later, you will again face this reality.

Lmao. Dumbass. U must have obviously lost a lot of sleep seeing United win games again.
Look at this nerd mouthing off about lucky wins, average teams, unconvincing displays and not being good enough when his own team is always a heartbeat and 90 mins away from another L.
Your club went 14 games unbeaten and is still dragging 6th with United that were 11 points behind ffs. Banter Club

No one cares about conSIXtent United. It's all in your head. Your era of Howard Webb and SAF local intimidation and domination is gone, you live in the past. Arsenal started this season with two straight losses. We all knew it was a rebuilding season for us, only deluded Arsenal fans, or AKBs looking to justify why their god(Wenger) shouldn't have been sacked, are quick to judge Emery in his first season, with no real financial backing from Kroenke.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 1:46am On Jan 30, 2019
By the way, the whole point of this exchange is that you claimed united beat an Arsenal team on 22 match unbeaten run.

This is false, as Arsenal 22match run ended long ago, and Arsenal ravaged by injuries have been pretty much unconvincing and lacking in consistency for many matches Now. Losing recently at home to Tottenham and away to West Ham.

The defense we used against Chelsea, got ravaged by injury again, as Bellerin was lost for the season, and Sokratis was lost to injury , ten minutes before United quick fire double.
The change in defensive personel was too much and too abrupt collapsing the entire defensive shape and system. So it wasn't same.
Also, Koscielny left the pitch injured, before United third goal.
In total, only Kolasinac was a member of the Arsenal back four against Chelsea that started and finished the match against United.

It wasn't simply the same defense.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 2:12am On Jan 30, 2019
pazienza:
Lana1

It doesn't matter when you made a comment, as long as its on internet, it can always be quoted and your validity questioned, even if it was made 100yrs ago.
If that's the case, why not go and quote discussions and arguments from page 1 of this thread since u want to be stupìd.
Lol! United have been dropping points throughout this season, that's why you are currently 6th, you started the league same time as everyone else, remember? No one has time for you losers, I personally don't come to this Arsenal thread that often.
United have been dropping points all season. We change manager and win 8 on the bounce.....but......you don't come to this thread often hence, it's not surprising the next time we see you again is when United drop points. If it was even for banter sake i for understand.
"If no one has time for United" as you say, why have you picked today to be unfortunate? Even gone as far as "constantly stressing how average United is."
Lol. If no one has time for United, u clearly do. Closet fan.
United fans slamming Mou smacks of ungratefulness.
You came to Emirates with Mou last season, and parked the bus, got totally outplayed by Arsenal, but were clinical in front of goal, whereas Arsenal were woeful in the final third.
Your win at Emirates the other day, wasn't so different from Mou win last season. Possesion was 62-38, shots were 13-8 in Arsenal favour , but you were again clinical in front of goal, while wasteful Arsenal again paid the ultimate price.
Right. This is it. What i've been waiting for. Just like every other bad belle out there u have come out to voice ur displeasure about United sacking Mourinho. And as expected, it comes right after the first hiccup since he was sacked. Lmao. If u really love Mourinho that much maybe u can petition for ur banter club to hire him as Emery's replacement.
Other than blind optimism, I see no big changes in United play. Your fundamental problems remain, you are simply not convincing, you lack top class players across the pitch, sooner than later, you will again face this reality.
United on -1 GD and 11 points behind top 4 after 18 games as at when Mourinho was sacked now on +13 GD and 2 points behind after matchday 24(6 games) but pazienza from Umukoro community thinks there are no big changes. U are either blind or u need a new set of eyes.
No top class players in United but if they ask you to mention top class players in Arsenal, i'm sure u will start calling Ozil, Ramsey and the other frauds in ur club.
No one cares about conSIXtent United. It's all in your head. Your era of Howard Webb and SAF local intimidation and domination is gone, you live in the past. Arsenal started this season with two straight losses. We all knew it was a rebuilding season for us, only deluded Arsenal fans, or AKBs looking to justify why their god(Wenger) shouldn't have been sacked, are quick to judge Emery in his first season, with no real financial backing from Kroenke.
Yes. Here comes the new manager, rebuilding process blah blah blah. There is always an excuse for why ur club is always useless year in year out.
But tbe good news is no one cares either. And no one gives a rats áss about all that touching story about Kroenke.
If u are good enough, then u hit the ground running so all that talk no concern me.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 2:14am On Jan 30, 2019
pazienza:
By the way, the whole point of this exchange is that you claimed united beat an Arsenal team on 22 match unbeaten run.

This is false, as Arsenal 22match run ended long ago, and Arsenal ravaged by injuries have been pretty much unconvincing and lacking in consistency for many matches Now. Losing recently at home to Tottenham and away to West Ham.

The defense we used against Chelsea, got ravaged by injury again, as Bellerin was lost for the season, and Sokratis was lost to injury , ten minutes before United quick fire double.
The change in defensive personel was too much and too abrupt collapsing the entire defensive shape and system. So it wasn't same.
In total, only Kolasinac was a member of the Arsenal back four against Chelsea that started and finished the match against United.

Cool Story. Shalaye FC.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2019
Pazienza is on FIREEEEE EHHH!!!!

Someone please call 911.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
pazienza:

You are 6th on the log, and likely going to be knocked out of the FA cup, next round.
That's the reality, that's the mean we are talking about.

You will play City too, and Liverpool as well, don't forget Chelsea too, three teams we would have finished playing by next weekend. It will all even out by season end.
And oh! Going by your lucky point today against the almighty Burnley, I wouldn't be too confident of winning Leceister, if I were you.

I expect Arsenal to still be a point ahead of United after next weekend fixtures.

Thank you.
the way I just dey look you ehn.
All these epistles will not save you from the hand of city.
When e happen we no go see you again

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Arsenal injure Arsenal injure. No be the same 'foolish' players wen una dey curse get wound?

This club is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BikeMan: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
una noh go celebrate your signing again?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LoRdCaT(m): 2:37am On Jan 31, 2019
But some people can yarn Opkata sha. Very stupid talk i see around here everyday. It is very obvious some of y'all Ass-anal fans are very shameless. No wonder the club no dey progress. Who progresses with such useless fans? cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:35am On Jan 31, 2019
LoRdCaT:
But some people can yarn Opkata sha. Very stupid talk i see around here everyday. It is very obvious some of y'all Ass-anal fans are very shameless. No wonder the club no dey progress. Who progresses with such useless fans? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Erm, MrPussy...

kindly fvck off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 6:25am On Jan 31, 2019
pazienza:

Where did you see that one? Have you been having nightmares or you have poor comprehension skills?

United defense had Young that's 33 years old and Lindelof that everyone mocked until recently. Bailly has been very rash and unreliable since this season. You're here telling stories.

See its better you remain some tears for weekend. I don't want to hear tears have finished o

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Suarez is a gunner.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LoRdCaT(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
Spy360:

Erm, MrPussy...

kindly fvck off.
If the shoe didn't fit, you wouldn't be in my mentions tongue

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:43am On Feb 01, 2019
Good we eventually signed a suarez, since the 2013 40€ +1 saga cheesy

Also, looks like fans aren't that much excited about him, that's less pressure for him and we his fans, and that's nice.

He looks typical Arsenal player, looks like Rob holding, stature and movement on ball reminds me of Alex Hleb, and also countinho.

People just keep emphasizing on defense being the main problem.
Good Modern Football analyst will tell you
If the attacking unit is not good enough, the defense suffers…

Even if we sign four Van Dirk today, and we don’t have enough ball dribblers both on the wings and in central midfield, (most of our attackers ability is to pass and walk the ball in,filck it on and no innovation.)

The defense will still continue to suffer…
Go see top teams around, they have attackers doing their duty,while the full backs and defence concentrate mainly on defending.

At Arsenal, we rely on our full backs to do wingers job,our Center backs become CM ( high line) and that's how we often get caught in the counter.

Man city and Liverpool defence unit are good not because their Defenders are better than ours but because they have an efficient Attacking system that absorbs pressures from getting to their defense unit….
Same with Barcelona….

Iwobi is the only player in our team that can take d ball to an opponent, and make a driving runs on his own
Iwobi is the only player that is more of a threat to our opponent..
That shows how poor our attacking system is; Very very poor

That is why we hardly create good chances
This is why backward passes and sideways passes are always dominant in our pattern of play……
We need Ballers, we need Artistic Dribblers with brain….

Suarez isn't enough, we need 2 more fast ball carriers and dribblers on both wings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:21am On Feb 01, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Good we eventually signed a suarez, since the 2013 40€ +1 saga cheesy

Also, looks like fans aren't that much excited about him, that's less pressure for him and we his fans, and that's nice.

He looks typical Arsenal player, looks like Rob holding, stature and movement on ball reminds me of Alex Hleb, and also countinho.

Even if we sign four Van Dirk today, and we don’t have enough ball dribblers both on the wings and in central midfield, (most of our attackers ability is to pass and walk the ball in,filck it on and no innovation.)

Go see top teams around, they have attackers doing their duty,while the full backs and defence concentrate mainly on defending.

At Arsenal, we rely on our full backs to do wingers job,our Center backs become CM ( high line) and that's how we often get caught in the counter.

Man city and Liverpool defence unit are good not because their Defenders are better than ours but because they have an efficient Attacking system that absorbs pressures from getting to their defense unit….
Same with Barcelona….

Iwobi is the only player in our team that can take d ball to an opponent, and make a driving runs on his own
Iwobi is the only player that is more of a threat to our opponent..
That shows how poor our attacking system is; Very very poor

That is why we hardly create good chances
This is why backward passes and sideways passes are always dominant in our pattern of play……
We need Ballers, we need Artistic Dribblers with brain….

Suarez isn't enough, we need 2 more fast ball carriers and dribblers on both wings.
20m would have gotten carrasco.
my question is if we are waiting for summer to spend will top players come if we don't qualify for UCL
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2019
sod09:
20m would have gotten carrasco.
my question is if we are waiting for summer to spend will top players come if we don't qualify for UCL
it is a sad situation, According to Emery, he said the club asked him to be patient till summer that there would be money to bring in new bodies..
Let's hope we qualify for CL, either through Europa or league.
Then we can get Carrasco and defenders.
Hopefully, the following will be cleared out over the next 2 summers for wages and space.
Cech
Licthterner
Koscienly
Jekinson
Xhaka
Elneny
Ozil
Ramsey
Welbeck
Chambers
Mhickytaryn..

Monreal though old, but very solid. I want us start planning his replacement

Kolasinac doesn't wow me, his only quality is running behind defence only to make that predictive pass in to box and relies mostly on muscle to defend,exposes us too much...squad player at best.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2019
Fkhalifa:
it is a sad situation, According to Emery, he said the club asked him to be patient till summer that there would be money to bring in new bodies..
Let's hope we qualify for CL, either through Europa or league.
Then we can get Carrasco and defenders.
Hopefully, the following will be cleared out over the next 2 summers for wages and space.
Cech
Licthterner
Koscienly
Jekinson
Xhaka
Elneny
Ozil
Ramsey
Welbeck
Chambers
Mhickytaryn..

Monreal though old, but very solid. I want us start planning his replacement

Kolasinac doesn't wow me, his only quality is running behind defence only to make that predictive pass in to box and relies mostly on muscle to defend,exposes us too much...squad player at best.
i say we clear out the whole wengay players..
each time they play, i feel its wengay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2019
Fkhalifa:
o.

Same with Barcelona….

This is so so untrue. Arsenal have decent attackers. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, will make the first team of some top teams(Maybe not all, but at least some ).They are delivering if you ask me.

Defence has proven to be Arsenal's problem. Just take a look at Liverpool sitting No.1 on the log with 61 points compared to Arsenal's 47 points. That's a whole 14 points gap. Would you believe Liverpool have only scored just 5 goals more than Arsenal?

We've scored 50 goals and conceded 33, while Liverpool has scored 55 and conceded mere 14 goals. And you say defense is not our problem.

As for the wish for more wingers, well that boarders on the style of play we choose to play. Arsenal in the recent past has been playing tru the middle which may have been the reason you don't see us buying wingers compared to teams like Liverpool and Man Utd. If Emery wants to play tru the wings he may invest more in that department , but if not he should concentrate on strengthening the defense and getting a replacement for Ramsey.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2019
sod09:
i say we clear out the whole wengay players..
each time they play, i feel its wengay
cheesy, I hope we do a klopp, get in hardworking decent players and clear out the average lots around.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

This is so so untrue. Arsenal have decent attackers. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, will make the first team of some top teams(Maybe not all, but at least some ).They are delivering if you ask me.

Defence has proven to be Arsenal's problem. Just take a look at Liverpool sitting No.1 on the log with 61 points compared to Arsenal's 47 points. That's a whole 14 points gap. Would you believe Liverpool have only scored just 5 goals more than Arsenal?

We've scored 50 goals and conceded 33, while Liverpool has scored 55 and conceded mere 14 goals. And you say defense is not our problem.

As for the wish for more wingers, well that boarders on the style of play we choose to play. Arsenal in the recent past has been playing tru the middle which may have been the reason you don't see us buying wingers compared to teams like Liverpool and Man Utd. If Emery wants to play tru the wings he may invest more in that department , but if not he should concentrate on strengthening the defense and getting a replacement for Ramsey.

You don't see teams attacking Liverpool as much as they'd attack Arsenal not when there know how much the pace of Salah, Mane and Firmino can hurt them.
That's the point the dude is trying to make. And if you look at that Liverpool team, they put you under pressure from the front and their midfield is compact, same can't be said of Arsenal, no?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Thank you!

Our defense is our biggest issue.

This current Arsenal is like Liverpool of a few seasons ago, when they had a superb attack (Suarez, Sterling, and Sturidge), what killed their title hopes that season? Their defense!

Before Liverpool got VVD and Ali, what f-ed them up? Defense!

Pep's first season, what exposed him? Defense!

Arsenal, our attack is one of the best in the league. Midfield is average, while our defensive record is in the relegation contenders zone.

I doubt we have kept 10 clean sheets in all comp this season.

How others can say defense is not our problem is truly shocking.

But I respect the fact that we all have individual opinions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
You don't see teams attacking Liverpool as much as they'd attack Arsenal not when there know how much the pace of Salah, Mane and Firmino can hurt them.
That's the point the dude is trying to make. And if you look at that Liverpool team, they put you under pressure from the front and their midfield is compact, same can't be said of Arsenal, no?

IMH, they don't attack Liverpool because they know there are playing against a quality team that will punish anybody. Only the big boys readily attack each other.

Imagine playing against Arsenal, who have one of the worst defensive records in the league, which team would not Fancy their chances?

It's not about having a superb attack. Using Argentina for example, as wonderful as their attack is, teams devour them because of their aging or useless defense.

No team, I repeat, no team will ever fear a team with a weak defense. It does not just happen.

P.s. this is just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
MrDojo:

IMH, they don't attack Liverpool because they know there are playing against a quality team that will punish anybody. Only the big boys readily attack each other.

Imagine playing against Arsenal, who have one of the worst defensive records in the league, which team would not Fancy their chances?

It's not about having a superb attack. Using Argentina for example, as wonderful as their attack is, teams devour them because of their aging or useless defense.

No team, I repeat, no team will ever fear a team with a weak defense. It does not just happen.

P.s. this is just my opinion.
A weak defense can be shielded by a world class attack and a hard working midfield, that's what Liverpool have.
Argentina on the other hand have a world class attack, an average midfield and a poor defense so they don't offer their defense enough protection.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2019
patrickmuf:

Bros, you are right they have pacy and skillful players upfront, but we all know the difference between the Liverpool of last year and this year is the strengthening of their back-line including the goalkeeping position.

Arsenal's defence is wack and this is why teams attack us, not because they they are not wary of our attackers. No sensible coach will see an old and slow Lichsteiner playing at right back and a defensively weak Xhaka playing at left back and tell his team to focus on our attack. Hell no! They will definitely work on the weak defence and get the juice out of them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
BlueRayDick:

i was chatting with a colleague at the office, he is an arsenal fan too.
he asked how sunday go be, he started with how many we go chop i say 5 atleast. then we try to think of a narrow way out if we have a way of managing city. but we both concluded that the defense will fvck us up.
we can slightly manage city if we choke the midfield by using midfielders that will mark and can hold ball
suarez should start, we can use guen to our advantage with his unnecessary falling especially if city are in the mood .

but in the end i dont see us having any hope against angry city
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
patrickmuf:
A weak defense can be shielded by a world class attack and a hard working midfield, that's what Liverpool have.
Argentina on the other hand have a world class attack, an average midfield and a poor defense so they don't offer their defense enough protection.

Wait a minute! so u mean an Argentina team that has Ever Banega, Di maria is average...but a liverpool team with Henderson, Wijnaldum is more compact right?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
sod09:
i was chatting with a colleague at the office, he is an arsenal fan too.
he asked how sunday go be, he started with how many we go chop i say 5 atleast. then we try to think of a narrow way out if we have a way of managing city. but we both concluded that the defense will fvck us up.
we can slightly manage city if we choke the midfield by using midfielders that will mark and can hold ball
suarez should start, we can use guen to our advantage with his unnecessary falling especially if city are in the mood .

but in the end i dont see us having any hope against angry city

The fact is this: if you get midfielders to choke the game up for few minutes and hold play lets say for first half, what happens when they eventually get tired and the opposing team face a weak defence? They will definitely score double the goals you attackers might have racked up.

Arsenal's attack is decent judging by the number of goals they've racked up. Just look at Chelsea their attack is not as good as ours considering they've managed to score 40 goals while we've scored 50. Their defence is what places them on the same point with us.

Pep knew what he was doing packing defenders.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
patrickmuf:

How many teams in England have a better defense than Liverpool? Is there a better keeper than Ali this season or a better CD than VVD, or is there a better LB that Robertson?

Forget about the attack and midfield for now, on a good day, Liverpool's defense is one of the best in England (only second to City's imho).

And, no! A team with a weak defense will suffer against "quality' teams.

If you notice, the best teams always have the best or a very good defense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.