Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,644 members, 7,861,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2360621 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
Having a bad feeling we'll regret these misses

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ramsey... Oto m, Egbu m

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kolasinac what a name undecided

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
No Mustafi, no defensive blunders.

Solid professional display.

If we keep our heads down and finish off the job in Naples , we could be playing Valencia in semis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
Another cs at the Emirates, away we become promiscuous and allow every dick inside the hole angry

Good win by the way
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
...... We are not just clinical enough...any other top team would have destroyed Napoli today.....but no Auba just came to play on the field and Laca doesn't even know what he is doing anymore. Torreira did well But Kolasinac is beginning to look silly with his decisions lately.

.... Ozil looks pissed...lol...At least he didn't throw one of his tantrums today...

Big shout out to the Captain.. till Watford.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
As usual we parry at the Emirates, until we start to look so tired and sleepy in Naples.

The difference between city/l.pool and us is that after scoring 2/3 goals we feel fulfilled, its been so since the Wenger days..

I fear our missed chances may come to haunt us,laca and Auba needs to start competing and end this bromance..

Kolasinac was so so average, Kosc is back,solidity is restored at the back, Torreira is class,Ozil thrives when given space, Auba should realise it isn't easy to see tap ins against top teams like this..

I don already write off our game at Watford And the Naples

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
solomonbrown64:
...... We are not just clinical enough...any other top team would have destroyed Napoli today.....but no Auba just came to play on the field and Laca doesn't even know what he is doing anymore. Torreira did well But Kolasinac is beginning to look silly with his decisions lately.

.... Ozil looks pissed...lol...At least he didn't throw one of his tantrums today...

Big shout out to the Captain.. till Watford.

True, we are not ruthless. We are too wasteful.

This match should have been done and dusted by now, if our fowards were clinical.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 2:32am On Apr 12, 2019
pazienza:

True, we are not ruthless. We are too wasteful.

This match should have been done and dusted by now, if our fowards were clinical.

....Auba especially – No link-up, no hold up play and terrible technique at shooting. He has been awful lately and that seems to be rubbing on Laca too. For God sake, Iwobi who is shorter than he is can face his back to goal and attempt to fight for the ball but Auba who is 6 ft 2 seems unable to do that. Now I see the reason why some folks here hate him.

A Neres or another good winger will put both strikers on their toes next season. Regardless of the scoreline, I am happy with the win and manner we played, miles better than the horror show on Sunday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Neimar: 3:07am On Apr 12, 2019
they 're making mouth

make city or liverpool catch una

dem go gape una yansh taya

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:52am On Apr 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Auba especially – No link-up, no hold up play and terrible technique at shooting. He has been awful lately and that seems to be rubbing on Laca too. For God sake, Iwobi who is shorter than he is can face his back to goal and attempt to fight for the ball but Auba who is 6 ft 2 seems unable to do that. Now I see the reason why some folks here hate him.

A Neres or another good winger will put both strikers on their toes next season. Regardless of the scoreline, I am happy with the win and manner we played, miles better than the horror show on Sunday.
cheesy I don't hate him, maybe sod9 hates him grin
I just hate his style of play, Welbeck could have been a better partner for the duo, he's strong,tall, guard the ball, wins duels,scorers headers and does the stress for Auba/laca..
He isn't much a goal scorer like them, but will make the attack solid.
Laca can be frustrating,fluffs his line on easy chances and good at scoring beauties,but tries to protect and get physical on the ball.
Auba frustrates me the more,he can't protect,hold nor do something spectacular with the ball.
That's why I rate Kane, Aguero,firminho,son et al, they are strong,sharp, never tired of scoring,assisting and firing.
Knockert,delofou Diego jota and filipe Anderson are cheap but solid fighting wingers who can make Auba's game easier,they will delete players and get the ball to his space/feet for tap ins.

Liverpool could have finished the business yesterday, imagine we conceded yesterday or eventually get eliminated, fans will pounce on cech,kosc,guen,ozil and rest for what our forward caused.

Now I'm fearful of the away tie,Lord help us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I just hate his style of play, Welbeck could have been a better partner for the duo, he's strong,tall, guard the ball, wins duels,scorers headers and does the stress for Auba/laca..
Laca can be frustrating,fluffs his line on easy chances and good at scoring beauties,but tries to protect and get physical on the ball.
Auba frustrates me the more,he can't protect,hold nor do something spectacular with the ball.
That's why I rate Kane, Aguero,firminho,son et al, they are strong,sharp, never tired of scoring,assisting and firing.
Knockert,delofou Diego jota and filipe Anderson are cheap but solid fighting wingers who can make Auba's game easier,they will delete players and get the ball to his space/feet for tap ins.

Liverpool could have finished the business yesterday, imagine we conceded yesterday or eventually get eliminated, fans will pounce on cech,kosc,guen,ozil and rest for what our forward caused.

Expect a Tottenham away kind of match... 2-2 predicted...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:26am On Apr 12, 2019
Dreamswayne:
Expect a Tottenham away kind of match... 2-2 predicted...
We lost there in 2014, Liverpool lost there earlier in the season.
That Napoli's pitch,home advantage and our bad away form scares.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Anderson or Deufoleu will be a low-key apt solid signing. Though I doubt doubt they would come cheap.
I also fancy Bolly of Wolves to replace Mustafi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

...I am not afraid of going out of the competition because home or away this season, we are usually up for the big games. So, I am confident that we are reaching the semi - finals of this competition.

We have two incomplete world class strikers that are not ready to up their game which is very bad for us. One gets into goal scoring positions easily but keep wasting those chances while the other barely gets himself in position and when he does, it's another burden to score. I know it's impossible to score every chance created but Auba chances wasted are alarming.

.... Yesterday, during the course of the game, I saw Ozil telling Laca after they've been substituted that he should be entering the box of the opposition more. It's very disappointing that another player is telling him what he should have been doing. We are going away on Monday again and I hope by then Xhaka will be available and the boss is injury free. We can't play our game properly with Xhaka and we lack a bit of direction when Kos isn't playing. Kos was the one distributing the balls across both widths of the pitch which he shouldn't be doing but since none of our midfield players can do that effectively, he had to. If those two will be available on Monday then we will win, I am certain of that.

Leno - Monreal, Kos, Mustafi (Socratic is suspended) Niles, Kola, Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi, Laca, Auba / Mkhi......Ozil is awful away and must sit this out. COYG!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:15am On Apr 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

...I am not afraid of going out of the competition because home or away this season, we are usually up for the big games. So, I am confident that we are reaching the semi - finals of this competition.

We have two incomplete world class strikers that are not ready to up their game which is very bad for us. One gets into goal scoring positions easily but keep wasting those chances while the other barely gets himself in position and when he does, it's another burden to score. I know it's impossible to score every chance created but Auba chances wasted are alarming.

.... Yesterday, during the course of the game, I saw Ozil telling Laca after they've been substituted that he should be entering the box of the opposition more. It's very disappointing that another player is telling him what he should have been doing. We are going away on Monday again and I hope by then Xhaka will be available and the boss is injury free. We can't play our game properly with Xhaka and we lack a bit of direction when Kos isn't playing. Kos was the one distributing the balls across both widths of the pitch which he shouldn't be doing but since none of our midfield players can do that effectively, he had to. If those two will be available on Monday then we will win, I am certain of that.

Leno - Monreal, Kos, Mustafi (Socratic is suspended) Niles, Kola, Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi, Laca, Auba / Mkhi......Ozil is awful away and must sit this out. COYG!
brs forget the watford game, these people will bully us from defense to attack

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:19am On Apr 12, 2019
pazienza:

Anderson or Deufoleu will be a low-key apt solid signing. Though I doubt doubt they would come cheap.
I also fancy Bolly of Wolves to replace Mustafi.
Those 3 you mentioned are typical klopp and poch's signings, they should be 35€ or < than that at most.

They are talents,premier league proven who would look top class in big teams and make them compete in big completions, but trust Arsenal to be so slow and uninterested in those deals.

Van dijk,winaldum,shaqiri,sallah,mane,oxlade,sissoko,wanyama,moura and many more are good examples, rather than waisting time competing with barca for 70m de light abi de cloud jare.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2019
sod09:
cheesy Doucoure,Denney and co, are too physical to handle by our boys..
An early lead or scoring first goal is our only hope, not even xhaka can handle those bullies.
None of ozil,Auba and guendozi should start.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:
An early lead or scoring first goal is our only hope, not even xhaka can handle those bullies.
even laca is useless in the game cos body and no brain is useless
xhaka can try we just need to fill the midfield with toreirra,xhaka,ramsey then mhki and iwobi for wing
the fact that mustafi will play is very easy to lose hope
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2019
sod09:

......Are there any bigger bullies than Man United and we conquered.....Bro forget, with the right line-up we can beat them....it all depends on Emery.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 9:26am On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

If Emery gets our starting line up right. Which means starting Xhaka, Torreira and Ramsey in the midfield, benching Ozil and Guendouzi, starting Iwobi, and playing both Laca and Auba.
We might just escape Watford with 3 points.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 9:30am On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Those 3 you mentioned are typical klopp and poch's signings, they should be 35€ or < than that at most.

They are talents,premier league proven who would look top class in big teams and make them compete in big completions, but trust Arsenal to be so slow and uninterested in those deals.

Van dijk,winaldum,shaqiri,sallah,mane,oxlade,sissoko,wanyama,moura and many more are good examples, rather than waisting time competing with barca for 70m de light abi de cloud jare.

I don't even think we are actually competing for De light. I think it's typical Arsenal board mind games on the gullible fans.
If we know what's good for us, we should be targeting those three I mentioned.

BTW, does number of matches played have anything to do with the amount Arsenal would pay Barça for the loan deal for Dennis Suarez?

I'm finding hard to understand how and why Elneny is even ahead of him in the squad midfield pecking order.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:34am On Apr 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

......Are there any bigger bullies than Man United and we conquered.....Bro forget, with the right line-up we can beat them....it all depends on Emery.
lmao is this a joke grin grin
where are the bullies in united btw we won at home, going away is different
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2019
sod09:
lmao is this a joke grin grin
where are the bullies in united btw we won at home, going away is different

... Seriously?? Man United aren't bullies... you have got to be the Joker here. Man United with their tall and physical players aren't bullies?? A single elbow from Smalling gave Messi series of injuries. Holding got a season ending injury against this same team. For you to say they are not bullies baffles me.

... Anyway, this argument is pointless...all I know is that we are far more tougher and more physical this season than ever before and since Torreira is back who was insane yesterday. Did you guys see his heat map? Completely outrageous!
... With the line up I posted earlier, I am confident of a win regardless of Watford's physicality..... Until Monday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:
The last 20 minutes of the spurs/city game I saw proved physical and mental strength are major requirements in modern football.
Sissoko,wanyama,ventroghen et al were not slouches nor push overs, they were MEN and stood tough against city..
I looked at son's goal, and I asked myself which of attacking players can be that ruthless.

I trust ozil to start passing/looking to assist in that position, Auba trying to position for tap in.

I've seen spurs battle Madrid, juve,barca, Dortmund and Chelsea over the last 2 years.

I admire poch and respect the spurs, Arsenal needs to do away with this present weak players, bring in talented fighters over the next 3/4 windows, else I'm tearing my membership card.

Bros this Ur analysis no be am at all!. The same spurs team you Claim are physical, tough and stood their ground was the same spurs team we whipped 4-2. The same physical players you claim are in their line up were not dead when Ramsey had a run at their defence in the second leg.Tge same spurs that has physical and mental strength for modern day football has been beaten once and drawn once this season by the same arsenal that lacked those same qualities you mentioned.

As for Son's goal, u saying no arsenal striker can replicate that is not true. At least Lacazette's goal against Liverpool in the first leg bore a semblance of that with his back earlier turned at goal before he took the shot that got us an equalizer.

Our strikers maybe going tru a rough patch now, but getting emotional and rubbishing goals you jump up celebrate that time no be am at all. You can't watch Auba's goal against spurs in the first leg and suddenly wake and claim he only scores tap-ins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:
That hazard's first goal yesterday, until we bring in attacking players with such fearless attribute, only then can we think of competing at the highest stage.

All this spineless yeye nearest man passers,ball flickers won't cut it when the games gets tough.

I maintain my stance on that.

Chelsea and the attacking- minded-cum-fearless Hazard are fighting for top 4 with Arsenal's yeye-spineless-nearest-man-passers.

Maybe u should look for a better player/club to use for the basis of Ur comparison

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Chelsea and the attacking- minded-cum-fearless Hazard are fighting for top 4 with Arsenal's yeye-spineless-nearest-man-passers.

Maybe u should look for a better player/club to use for the basis of Ur comparison
Really?An hazard's Chelsea team has won virtually all available trophies, 2 EPL within 2 years, Fa cup last year,ended city's unbeaten run, beat all big teams this season and are sitting in 3rd currently.

Chelsea to me aren't that bad, rubbish Sari ball, misplacing kante and joginho's position and lacking a ruthless striker is their major hindrance from competition at the big stage, and this is easy to address.

With Hazard Chelsea are more dangerous.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Bros this Ur analysis no be am at all!. The same spurs team you Claim are physical, tough and stood their ground was the same spurs team we whipped 4-2. The same physical players you claim are in their line up were not dead when Ramsey had a run at their defence in the second leg.Tge same spurs that has physical and mental strength for modern day football has been beaten once and drawn once this season by the same arsenal that lacked those same qualities you mentioned.

As for Son's goal, u saying no arsenal striker can replicate that is not true. At least Lacazette's goal against Liverpool in the first leg bore a semblance of that with his back earlier turned at goal before he took the shot that got us an equalizer.

Our strikers maybe going tru a rough patch now, but getting emotional and rubbishing goals you jump up celebrate that time no be am at all. You can't watch Auba's goal against spurs in the first leg and suddenly wake and claim he only scores tap-ins
Derbies are special games and can go either way, since poch's take over spurs, they have had the higher no of wins against us, they eliminated us 0-2 in the cup game on our ground.
Spurs are clearly having a better season than us despite buying no outfield player..
They survived barca,inter cl group, eliminated bundesliga leaders Dortmund,giving city a good fight in the quarters.
We have also see them end Chelsea's unbeaten run earlier in the season, and walloped utd on their ground. All this isn't fluke,they are what I say they are.
Yes lacazete may have scored son esque goal, he's the probably the only one who tries such energetic and ambitious stuffs, the son,Kane do it on consistent basis and when it mattered most on big stage, Remember his goal against Chelsea, that run!
I don't jump when Auba scores a wonder,because I know its unusual, it will take months before he does such in the big moments.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
pazienza:

I don't even think we are actually competing for De light. I think it's typical Arsenal board mind games on the gullible fans.
If we know what's good for us, we should be targeting those three I mentioned.

BTW, does number of matches played have anything to do with the amount Arsenal would pay Barça for the loan deal for Dennis Suarez?

I'm finding hard to understand how and why Elneny is even ahead of him in the squad midfield pecking order.
I fear Suarez will turn out to be the usual pass me I pass you players we have around, the guy may lose motivation, He's known for his iniesta style of play, its getting too much, from Barca's bench to Arsenal, haba..
As for El neny, I think Emery wanted a more defensive player to block.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
obontami:

Bruh, when I saw that line-up I was like is this fcccking crazy?

How far bro... Been a while...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
No Mustafi, No problem... Can we please release El neny this season... And Iwobi...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Really?An hazard's Chelsea team has won virtually all available trophies, 2 EPL within 2 years, Fa cup last year,ended city's unbeaten run, beat all big teams this season and are sitting in 3rd currently.

Chelsea to me aren't that bad, rubbish Sari ball, misplacing kante and joginho's position and lacking a ruthless striker is their major hindrance from competition at the big stage, and this is easy to address.

With Hazard Chelsea are more dangerous.

See how u easily made up an excuse for hazard playing under Sarriball, but yet you are fast to call Arsenal players spineless and what have you despite playing under a new manager who is just trying to rebuild his team. Smh. If I tell you now that the spineless ozil was a vital member of the 2014 world cup wining German team now, you will say that's in the past.

I don't know maybe it's just me or you have a way of picking the wrong words or I end up seeing your posts in a wrong way, but bro you just said Chelsea is sitting comfortably in third place.... grin Even Chelsea fans will see that as trolling

(1) (2) (3) ... (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.