Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2300166 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Saka is just a perfect piece of work. He was not only reading the fast paced game of olympiakos really well, he was also pushing the attack seriously till he got that assist.

I was trying to imagine Kolasinac in that same position he was before the assist and I was so convinced he will rifle a shot-kinda-pass past the available attacker in the box.
he has superb stamina
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:38am On Feb 21, 2020
Sod09 how far? Your guy had a solid showing yesternight ó. He come turn LANS(Like A New Signing) grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Sod09 how far? Your guy had a solid showing yesternight ó. He come turn LANS(Like A New Signing) grin
roland17 won't praise him now but when he do mistake he will blame him.
3rd CS in a row and he played out of position
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2020
sod09:

grin grin grin

I don't want to say the yeye man don improve. Once u praise him laidis he go just go fumble
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Omo, did anyone see how wide that Olympiacos pitch was? Like it was wider than the normal pitch size we are used to in the EPL. At the beginning of the match I was scared the youngsters in the team may find it hard catching up if they've not played on such pitch size before.

In fact Xhaka played one scandalous freekick in the first half. I think he was trying to measure his pass, only to end up over-hitting the ball in the process.

Our boys really tried that yesterday o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

I don't want to say the yeye man don improve. Once u praise him laidis he go just go fumble
lol...but he Dan improve
Since that Chelsea match,kudos to Arteta for allowing him to correct his game because if I was the coach I will remove him and swear for him.
Even in the same game he helped us, I just hope this is a new mustafi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:48am On Feb 21, 2020
Spy360:
His proposal is good for me. It gives the bigger option to the goal scorer.
@Kbs468
Exactly. It's a very good proposal that would allow for more goals rather than disallowed ones
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Kbs468:

Exactly. It's a very good proposal that would allow for more goals rather than disallowed ones
Yes and prevent the controversies about marginal off sides.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
sod09:
lol...but he Dan improve
Since that Chelsea match,kudos to Arteta for allowing him to correct his game because if I was the coach I will remove him and swear for him.
Even in the same game he helped us, I just hope this is a new mustafi
I must commend your loyalty to Mustafi. Not everyone sees everything, it's all about perspective. That's why you too must allow other people's opinions about other players. Eg Guendouzi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
I watched how RB Leipzig dismantled Tottenham in the CL and wondered how the same model and approach can work for us. They spend close to nothing on players and buy young talents that are relatively unknown, but with a very good manager and football director, they have been able to build a team that can win things. Despite selling most of their top talents they still find a way of replacing them and keep challenging for the title.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spy360:
I watched how RB Leipzig dismantled Tottenham in the CL and wondered how the same model and approach can work for us. They spend close to nothing on players and buy young talents that are relatively unknown, but with a very good manager and football director, they have been able to build a team that can win things. Despite selling most of their top talents they still find a way of replacing them and keep challenging for the title.

At the end of the day, they still don't win anything aside their local league(which is not even among the top 5 leagues in Europe). We on the other hand are playing in a league where more than half of the 20 teams in the league have sizable amount of funds to invest in buying players. I mean look at a team like Wolves that has about 3 to 4 regular starters in Portugal on their team list. Na money be dat.

This ur suggestion is like wishing Wenger days repeat itself. Football has gone beyond paying next to nothing for young crop of talents, grooming them into superstars, selling some for profit and keeping the ones that like to stay.

It is best we bring in youngsters like Saka & co groom them alongside spending good money to bring quality players. Even Loserpool that is halfway tru to lifting the EPL spent money in getting a world class keeper and a decent defender in Van Djik.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:

At the end of the day, they still don't win anything aside their local league(which is not even among the top 5 leagues in Europe). We on the other hand are playing in a league where more than half of the 20 teams in the league have sizable amount of funds to invest in buying players. I mean look at a team like Wolves that has about 3 to 4 regular starters in Portugal on their team list. Na money be dat.

This ur suggestion is like wishing Wenger days repeat itself. Football has gone beyond paying next to nothing for young crop of talents, grooming them into superstars, selling some for profit and keeping the ones that like to stay.

It is best we bring in youngsters like Saka & co groom them alongside spending good money to bring quality players. Even Loserpool that is halfway tru to lifting the EPL spent money in getting a world class keeper and a decent defender in Van Djik.
I think you're mistaking RB Leipzig with RB Salzburg. Spy was talking about the German team.

Tho, your contribution on the 3rd paragraph is exactly my thoughts too. That's the only way we can move forward.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Jodera:
I think you're mistaking RB Leipzig with RB Salzburg. Spy was talking about the German team.

Tho, your contribution on the 3rd paragraph is exactly my thoughts too. That's the only way we can move forward.

My bad!

I just have this terrible habit of confusing some names for each other. I actually confused Salzburg with Leipzig.

But even talking about Leipzig, they are just like the leicester of Germany....the only difference being they couldn't win the league that season they were flying. Nothing has changed after then....they've only been added to one of the teams where bayern poach their players.

Funny enough, they might be unable to win anything provided bayern is not relegated in Germany
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:

They haven't won anything but they look like they can.
RB Leipzig actually climbed to the top league within 8 years of their formation and are into just their third season in the league and are already beating the likes of Spurs in the KO stage of the CL. That's phenomenal considering the financial period we are in today. For them to accomplish that without big spending makes it even more magical.

I am proposing the model not so that we can sell the players or avoid buying stars, but because it can create a balance that will be enviable. When you look at the punishments the likes of City and PSG are receiving for overspending you know big spending is not really appreciated by fans. The model itself can reduce risks/errors in signings and make funds available to get the real quality players.

And FYI, the Bundesliga is among the top 5 leagues in the world and quite a number of people rate it the best because of their ownership model and the number of fans that attend matches.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
sod09:
Na so! But I am not buying his “Aswanni””Katangora” night market. Make him go sell am for another club! angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Jodera:

The third paragraph you are referring to isn't my point.

I am not saying we should be like RBL, but that we should adopt their footballing ideology. Off course similar to the Wenger days when we won the league thrice and got to the CL finals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
Roland17:

Na so! But I am not buying his “Aswanni””Katangora” night market. Make him go sell am for another club! angry
Ac milan need a world cup winner like him grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:

My bad!

I just have this terrible habit of confusing some names for each other. I actually confused Salzburg with Leipzig.

But even talking about Leipzig, they are just like the leicester of Germany....the only difference being they couldn't win the league that season they were flying. Nothing has changed after then....they've only been added to one of the teams where bayern poach their players.

Funny enough, they might be unable to win anything provided bayern is not relegated in Germany
Lol...I get what you're saying, that's why I said the approach you brought up on your 3rd paragraph is what we should be looking at. Tie down our great prospects, get unknown stars also and buy 1-3 top players and with a sound coach, we'll be up there in no time. Cos presently, we're no longer a poached team unlike b4 under the guise of building emirate stadiums.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spy360:

I am not saying we should be like RBL, but that we should adopt their footballing ideology. Off course similar to the Wenger days when we won the league thrice and got to the CL finals.
Of course...I know you're not saying we should be like RBL, but copy their approach. But that will be from the functions of good scouts and good technical football director, coupled with a sound coach. Also, in copying their model, we need 1-2 top players(winners), if not, we'll just be like another Tottenham.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spy360:

That model didn't really end well for Wenger. We all know how we get knocked out of competitions yearly in Wenger's later years. In fact We remained trophyless till He brought in Sanchez, Ozil.....The last 3 F.A cups wenger won, these two players were key players for us.

We should mix young talent with quality signings Abeg. Quality signings doesn't necessarily mean spending PSG or Man City kind of money.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:

That model didn't really end well for Wenger. We all know how we get knocked out of competitions yearly in Wenger's later years. In fact We remained trophyless till He brought in Sanchez, Ozil.....The last 3 F.A cups wenger won, these two players were key players for us.

We should mix young talent with quality signings Abeg. Quality signings doesn't necessarily mean spending PSG or Man City kind of money.
The Ozil/Sanchez era was actually the worst of Wenger's career. A couple of years before that we went unbeaten winning the league. Then our signings were unknown talents whom Wenger groomed to become winners. He did add one or two names like Pires, but most were largely unknown.
With the RBL model, we could have a system that works such that any big signing will bring massive improvements unlike the case of Ozil/Sanchez where they were like one eyed men in a team of blinds.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Jodera:
Of course...I know you're not saying we should be like RBL, but copy their approach. But that will be from the functions of good scouts and good technical football director, coupled with a sound coach. Also, in copying their model, we need 1-2 top players(winners), if not, we'll just be like another Tottenham.
Exactly my point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spy360:

The Ozil/Sanchez era was actually the worst of Wenger's career. A couple of years before that we went unbeaten winning the league. Then our signings were unknown talents whom Wenger groomed to become winners. He did add one or two names like Pires, but most were largely unknown.
With the RBL model, we could have a system that works such that any big signing will bring massive improvements unlike the case of Ozil/Sanchez where they were like one eyed men in a team of blinds.

What are u even saying?

Since 2006 arsenal under.wenger was shiiite! For almost 8 years Arsenal was using the RBL model and they were always knocked out of competitions. Even ordinary Birmingham beat us in Carling cup final. This period we stocked to young talents and refused to spend. We experienced the most embarrassing league defeat to man utd this same period losing 8-2.

This cycle continued until dem ozil and Sanchez that were already playing in top Spanish teams joined and things changed a bit.

I don't know why u choose to ignore those trophyless Wenger Era (when he chose to strictly stick with young talents alone) and only cherry pick his invincible Era.

I still maintain we will have to mix youth with spending money for us to be able to challenge for a major title.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
BlueRayDick:

What are u even saying?

Since 2006 arsenal under.wenger was shiiite! For almost 8 years Arsenal was using the RBL model and they were always knocked out of competitions. Even ordinary Birmingham beat us in Carling cup final. This period we stocked to young talents and refused to spend. We experienced the most embarrassing league defeat to man utd this same period losing 8-2.

This cycle continued until dem ozil and Sanchez that were already playing in top Spanish teams joined and things changed a bit.

I don't know why u choose to ignore those trophyless Wenger Era (when he chose to strictly stick with young talents alone) and only cherry pick his invincible Era.

I still maintain we will have to mix youth with spending money for us to be able to challenge for a major title.
The period I referenced was between '97 and '06 (the 10 year period when David Dein managed our football model). In that era we signed Vieira, Kanu, Overmars, Ljungberg, Wilford, Henry, Anelka, Reyes, Gilberto, Toure, Cole, etc. Too numerous to mention. These were in their youths when we got them. They developed with us and won titles with us.

The next era between '07 and '17 was the darkest peroid of the Wenger years. This period saw the gradual shift from developing talents to trying to be like Chelsea or RMadrid. Thus breaking our transfer record in getting stars that were regarded as left overs from top clubs-
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spy360:

The period I referenced was between '97 and '06 (the 10 year period when David Dein managed our football model). In that era we signed Vieira, Kanu, Overmars, Ljungberg, Wilford, Henry, Anelka, Reyes, Gilberto, Toure, Cole, etc. Too numerous to mention. These were in their youths when we got them. They developed with us and won titles with us.

The next era between '07 and '17 was the darkest peroid of the Wenger years. This period saw the gradual shift from developing talents to trying to be like Chelsea or RMadrid. Thus breaking our transfer record in getting stars that were regarded as left overs from top clubs-

Did u see where I pointed it out that football has moved away from that Era?

What we have now is clubs like wolves, Leicester etc spending more than Arsenal in the transfer window and giving the traditional top 4 teams a run for their money.

We would be foolish hoping to nurture some damn Anelka, Toure and Viera while Leicester is buying a ready made Ndidi, Tielsman, Soyuncu and giving us terrible headache.
When do u think we will win anything tangible if we head in that direction?

If u don't spend u won't win jackshit on football of today. Even the stubborn Wenger realized this towards the end of his career

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
The beginning of the end for wengay era was when we moved to Emirates, he suddenly became stingy with fund.
He started nursing this useless idea of buying a nobody with the hope of selling for big money, some works like nasri, adebayor et Al while some back fires heavily and humiliated us.
Moreover during that era, only few EPL clubs have enough funds to compete with the top guns compare to now that Fulham spent 100m last season, Aston villa spent almost 100m+ this season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Did u see where I pointed it out that football has moved away from that Era?

What we have now is clubs like wolves, Leicester etc spending more than Arsenal in the transfer window and giving the traditional top 4 teams a run for their money.

We would be foolish hoping to nurture some damn Anelka, Toure and Viera while Leicester is buying a ready made Ndidi, Tielsman, Soyuncu and giving us terrible headache.
When do u think we will win anything tangible if we head in that direction?

If u don't spend u won't win jackshit on football of today. Even the stubborn Wenger realized this towards the end of his career
Ajax is looking at you. Money can only bring temporal success. A realistic financial friendly model like those of RBL, Ajax and Barcelona brings long term success.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2020
Spy360:

Ajax is looking at you. Money can only bring temporal success. A realistic financial friendly model like those of RBL, Ajax and Barcelona brings long term success.

Ajax has not won anything tangible aside their league in recent times. Even the players they groomed in the last few years have been sold and they couldn't even qualify from.group stage of the champions league this season. Is that what u wish for arsenal? A repeat of Wenger days between 2006-2013...smh

RBL has not even been that successful.

Barcelona spends money alongside growing talents. Griezman, Dembele, Neymar, Suarez etc were all signed for good money.

I still maintain any serious club in the EPL will be foolish to rely solely on "paying next to nothing for young players" grooming them them and hoping to win something tangible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Ajax has not won anything tangible aside their league in recent times. Even the players they groomed in the last few years have been sold and they couldn't even qualify from.group stage of the champions league this season. Is that what u wish for arsenal? A repeat of Wenger days between 2006-2013...smh

RBL has not even been that successful.

Barcelona spends money alongside growing talents. Griezman, Dembele, Neymar, Suarez etc were all signed for good money.

I still maintain any serious club in the EPL will be foolish to rely solely on "paying next to nothing for young players" grooming them them and hoping to win something tangible.
If we can achieve what Ajax has done since you and I started watching football we would be happier fans today. Ajax are actually restricted by their weak league, the same model would have made them a power house of European football had they been in England, Spain or Germany.

RBL's little success so far is already phenomenal. They are no Leicester (one time wonder). Go and do your research, they are actually building a football dynasty and that from scratch even makes it more wonderful.

Barcelona, the less said the better. Barcelona can sign those mentioned players and make them look exceptional because of the model in their approach. They have a system of building young talents and then fortify themselves with quality signings which actually makes them even much better. Barca do not just spend, they go for quality. When they sign, they compete with PSG aand Mancity for the best because they attract quality through their success and team play. They have no major sponsors, yet they succeed because of their player acquisition model. The likes of Messi, Iniesta, Busquet etc tell the whole story. Please refer to the first sentence of this paragraph.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2020
Spy360:

If we can achieve what Ajax has done since you and I started watching football we would be happier fans today. Ajax are actually restricted by their weak league, the same model would have made them a power house of European football had they been in England, Spain or Germany.

RBL's little success so far is already phenomenal. They are no Leicester (one time wonder). Go and do your research, they are actually building a football dynasty and that from scratch even makes it more wonderful.

Barcelona, the less said the better. Barcelona can sign those mentioned players and make them look exceptional because of the model in their approach. They have a system of building young talents and then fortify themselves with quality signings which actually makes them even much better. Barca do not just spend, they go for quality. When they sign, they compete with PSG aand Mancity for the best because they attract quality through their success and team play. They have no major sponsors, yet they succeed because of their player acquisition model. The likes of Messi, Iniesta, Busquet etc tell the whole story. Please refer to the first sentence of this paragraph.

Bros we are not getting anywhere with this discuss, let's call it a day abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
How has our defence improved under Arteta?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Bros we are not getting anywhere with this discuss, let's call it a day abeg.
OK.
In conclusion; as a self sustaining club the right model for success is acquiring young talents and grooming them while adding one or two quality signings as seen in the current set up and also in clubs like Barcelona, Ajax and RB Leipzig.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (3478) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.