Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2303114 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PapalsBull(m): 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

SAKAdinho eventually got it. On the whole.i.think he had far more inputs in the game compared to pepe. Congrats to him and congrats to the whole team
But BBC say na Pepe be their MOTM

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
PapalsBull:

But BBC say na Pepe be their MOTM

BBC is just like brilla FM na. They are not the FA.

They can decide to award whomever they want. At least they once crowned Okocha African footballer of the year, but we all know Okocha didn't win the Caf-Organized award.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Spy360:

Ceballos was nice because it was Newcastle and we were at home. Against stronger opposition, I think Torriera would be better in the DM position together with either Xhaka or Ceballos, of which I'd prefer Xhaka.
i want us to try Torreira and Ceb pairing next, where Torreira is the sweeper and Ceb does the transition. Xhaka is too rigid and static.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Spy360:

The league position really hides the level of achievement this team has made since Arteta. The number of draws says it all. I believe with some more consistency in converting some of those draws to wins we would climb up faster. Let's take it game after game, 6pts in the next two games and see where we will be.

COYG
Our position doesn’t tell the whole story, particularly when u look at the point gap between 5th and 10th just 6 points. If we can get a winning streak of at least next 5 games it’ll be a different story.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
kodded:
truth be told, I am really happy with the way arteta is demanding absolute discipline and commitment from the players. The likes of AMN has learnt it the hard way, he had the RB position on a lockdown, but his commitment in that position sold him out,

look at that young lad saka that is playing as a makeshift left back, no complain from him, same thing with martinelli and Aubuameyang. these guys understand the condition the club is right now, and they are ready to give their all for the team even if it means them playing in an unfavorable position.

But for AMN, the reverse is the case, he think that the club is hindering his carrier as a CM eventho he is shīt in that position. now he has forced the club to bring in an injured RB. I hope he finnaly get the message that aterta is trying to pass. I see a very good Phillip Lahm in him, but unfortunately he still sees himself as the next Andres iniesta. sad
AMN is trying honestly especially since arteta took over.
The only guy i have issue with is xhaka all these anywhere belle face pass or needless tackle
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
kokanepyramid:
i want us to try Torreira and Ceb pairing next, where Torreira is the sweeper and Ceb does the transition. Xhaka is too rigid and static.

That Torriera height/physique is just my concern. I just hope Xhaka is sold and we get another Physical player in that middle.

Xhaka most times just waste his physical attributes, he ends up tugging at an opposing player's shirt instead of just bullying them with his body without any shirt pull or foul.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
sod09:
Roland17 and other haters won't praise mustafi now tongue tongue
The guy have the most CS among our defenders this season in all competitions

I Find it terrifying that Arteta prefers him to Sokratis. Is Sokratis that bad?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
sod09:
Xhaka is still a liability, why not paid torreira and ceballos
If only we could give Xhaka height to torreira.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
Our next six games .

I think

Everton= 1 point

West ham=3 points

Brighton=3 points

Southampton= 1 point

Norwich= 3points

Wolves=1 point

12points out of 18 wont be bad. Realistically we can get 16points if we win Everton( very possible) and Southampton. it's just the wolves game I am certain we will drop points.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
Swissh:

I Find it terrifying that Arteta prefers him to Sokratis. Is Sokratis that bad?
Papa is an agbero
I don't fancy him one bit at all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

That Torriera height/physique is just my concern. I just hope Xhaka is sold and we get another Physical player in that middle.

Xhaka most times just waste his physical attributes, he ends up tugging at an opposing player's shirt instead of just bullying them with his body without any shirt pull or foul.

how tall is Kante?
How tall is Cazorla?

Moreover he’ll be partnered with Ceb who is tall , that gives us two DMs that can easily transition with the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
kokanepyramid:
how tall is Kante?
How tall is Cazorla?

Moreover he’ll be partnered with Ceb who is tall , that gives us two DMs that can easily transition with the ball.

Ceballos partnering Torriera will make them overrun our midfield easily. Ceballos is not a good marker at all. Everyone knows this. In fact, Fabregas that most people criticize for being a lazy marker back then almost marks better than Ceballos.

By the way, What Kante lacks in height, he makes up for it with his "never-tiring" runs at opposing players. We all know Kante can play 90 mins without showing signs of weariness, the same can't be said about Torriera. I think Carzola played in a more advanced role than you are suggesting Torriera should play now.

I'm not saying Torriera is not good enough to start games, but his partnership with Ceballos in the middle may not stand the test of time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
the team spirit in this team is so contagious that it got transmitted to us fans.
See as everywhere calm...no quarrel

BTW, that ceballos celebration is iconic... wetin ? she na him score ni

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
mustafi is just one funny dude... Saka is catching the vibe too. Laca must be doing some things behind the scene.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
mostob:
mustafi is just one funny dude...
Saka is catching the vibe too.
Laca must be doing some things behind the scene.
Mustafi na mad man by default his celebration na useless one grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
kokanepyramid:
Xhaka,'s role as cover for Saka is too sweet to let go. We would need Tierney back to replace Xhaka.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
mostob:
the team spirit in this team is so contagious that it got transmitted to us fans.
See as everywhere calm...no quarrel

BTW, that ceballos celebration is iconic... wetin ? she na him score ni
the trouble makers have left with Emery

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 1:11am On Feb 18, 2020
Swissh:
Our next six games .

I think

Everton= 1 point

West ham=3 points

Brighton=3 points

Southampton= 1 point

Norwich= 3points

Wolves=1 point

12points out of 18 wont be bad. Realistically we can get 16points if we win Everton( very possible) and Southampton. it's just the wolves game I am certain we will drop points.
grin
This guy no dey learn. It will end in premium tears.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2020
kokanepyramid:
the trouble makers have left with Emery
Heaven far for you with these kind of thoughts...
cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:30am On Feb 18, 2020
Roland17:
Hmmmmm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876689-report-matteo-guendouzi-absent-vs-newcastle-after-argument-with-mikel-arteta

https://www.goal.com/en-bh/news/guendouzi-dropped-for-arsenals-newcastle-clash-due-to/1voj3rndy7kt1bdd38c9kgs4u
I read a response he gave to Pepe claiming to be the club's best player.
It's so disappointing considering that he is young and still developing in his football. Whatever is the reason such arrogant character should not be seen any where near our club grounds. We do not want anyone at all to spoil the current vibes we are enjoying. I think he should leave the club at soon as possible. Discipline is the most important factor right now. Arteta must have absolute control over players no matter who they are or their contributions.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 18, 2020
Spy360:
I read a response he gave to Pepe claiming to be the club's best player.
It's so disappointing considering that he is young and still developing in his football. Whatever is the reason such arrogant character should not be seen any where near our club grounds. We do not want anyone at all to spoil the current vibes we are enjoying. I think he should leave the club at soon as possible. Discipline is the most important factor right now. Arteta must have absolute control over players no matter who they are or their contributions.
It’s the likes of Emery, Solo, Urself, MiaKhalifa that were hyping what was not we would blame if that guy ends up having a mediocre football career.

He was already pulling the Sanchez stunt barking at players like he was doing any better.

He wasn’t playing any better sometimes even terrible yet you start him every game. what that meant was you were reinforcing his play style and telling him he’s doing perfectly well, I pointed out these things they insulted my life now see where it has landed him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 18, 2020
Spy360:

Heaven far for you with these kind of thoughts...
cheesy cheesy
The heaven I read about can never be far from those who say the honest truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2020
kokanepyramid:
gbam
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2020
kokanepyramid:

It’s the likes of Emery, Solo, Urself, MiaKhalifa and l that were hyping what was not we would blame if that guy ends up having a mediocre football career.

He was already pulling the Sanchez stunt barking at players like he was doing any better.

He wasn’t playing any better sometimes even terrible yet you start him every game. what that meant was you were reinforcing his play style and telling him he’s doing perfectly well, I pointed out these things they insulted my life now see where it has landed him.
i see you hate sanchez pass rvp
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
kodded:
which nkeitah ? undecided

once kolasinac and Tieriney are fit, martinelli and saka will be struggling for the LW position, while lacazette and Aubuameyang will fight the CF. and also Pepe and Nelson in the RW. I don't really see where Nkeitah will fit in honestly. because his best chance he might get might be from the bench.

MA likes Nkeitah. And from the lineup he has chosen so far, I doubt we would see Auba in his natural position. That is, unless Laca and Nke are both injured.

I want to see Auba play centrally, too, but I must admit that he is also deadly on the wings. Also, he usually pulls away the right back of the opposition, thus, creating space for Kola/Gabby/Saka. IMO, doubt any player in our squad can do that right now.

That's the only reason I'm not too bothered with him playing on the wing. And let's be honest, Auba be like evil spirit. Before opposition no watin they happen, my guy go just appear, boom, goal don enter. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
kokanepyramid:
What about forgiveness?
undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
Spy360:

What about forgiveness?
undecided
You have just dragged somebody to this thread oooooo because that is someone's moniker too.

Although I won't be expecting him to comment though since he is not a GUNNER
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
Your boy seems to be enjoying the rave about himself

Saka - How left back will improve me as a winger

Bukayo Saka is flying at the moment.

Despite playing in an unfamiliar role at full back, our talented 18-year-old has assisted eight goals across all competitions this season, more than any other Arsenal player.

And Saka says his current left-back role will only improve his skills as a winger in the future.

"I've learned a lot about how wingers in the Premier League play against defenders and how to position myself because in his system it’s different," he said.

"I get to play much higher because the winger comes inside and I get to go. There’s a lot of space for me and it’s good for me. I’m playing sort of as a winger when we have the ball but without the ball I have to come back and work on my clearances, my heading and stuff I haven’t worked on my whole life. I feel like I’m doing ok right now.

"In the future if I do get to go back onto the wing I feel like I know how full backs play and playing as a full back I know what wingers do, what I like them to do and what I don’t like them to do. It’s a good learning experience for me.

"I’m really enjoying my football under the new manager. It’s not my natural position but he’s given me all the advice I need. I’ve got Granit behind, David supporting and speaking to me so it gives me licence to go and express myself in the final third and do what I can do.

"The Newcastle win will really give us that push we need. It will give us a lot of confidence. It shows we can do it, we can score goals. We just need to shut up at the back and we can score goals. As long as we continue to play like this we’ll win games."

Saka - What Arteta has already taught me

This season has been a steep learning curve for Bukayo Saka.

Not only did the 18-year-old become the third-youngest player to start a Premier League game for us, during our draw at Everton, he has also featured largely out of position in an unfamiliar role at left back.

But although it has been a challenge, Saka says Mikel Arteta's influence has helped him settle into his first-team surroundings.

"He's someone who understands the players, understands the club and all the ideas that he's bringing in," he said. "He has a clear strategy of how he wants us to play and we're just really excited to work with him.

"He's teaching us little things that we didn't know before and just bringing in his own strategies, his own ways of playing. We can see that it's going to work, we're just looking forward to doing it.

"Maybe one thing that I've picked up straight away is that when nobody's pressing you, you don't need to pass the ball. What you can do is just get the ball, drive the ball forward a bit and wait for someone to come to you, commit a player, then pass it.

"Then that man will be free or that man will have less pressure on him. It's just attracting players before you pass the ball off, which will help our team-mates a lot on the pitch.

"He has his own way, his own philosophy and he's even talked about bringing his own philosophy to the club, to try to bring the club back to the direction we need to be in.

"We need to win games and win trophies, so I feel like he has that vision and that strategy. He knows how he wants us to get there. If we can be on board and do what he wants us to, we'll do well."

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
Pablo Mari impress for 45 minutes along side Rob Holding in our U-23 1-2 loss to Chelsea on Monday night
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
Swissh:
Our next six games .

I think

Everton= 1 point

West ham=3 points

Brighton=3 points

Southampton= 1 point

Norwich= 3points

Wolves=1 point

We can realistically get all maximum 18 points if everything goes well going by the below stats

(1) (2) (3) ... (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.