Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2308552 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sh1t!.. Why are we sending out fringe players on loan instead of selling them..Chamakh to westham,djourou to hannover 96. bet me squillaci might also go out on loan as well.....Wishing my best arsenal youngster a happy spell at a championship side(thomas eisfield though the club is yet to be confirmed)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
4llerbuntu:
why not try Raul Gonzalez too, makelele?

I'm hearing opening bids of 13mill and 130k salary but the hot 29 yr old we had was sold because?
Because your club is pennywise and pound foolish grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
4llerbuntu:
This type of signing? oh wow, I can see big clubs falling over themselves to sign him.

you've started with critique for the sake of criticism - is the measure of a player's quality simply the other clubs interested? Heck - Michu must've been crap because all the big clubs weren't falling over themselves to sign him. undecided

Sanchez, Pedro play ahead of him. messi is playing false 9 ahead of the world class striker now. if u can't get to play and score bucket loads of goals in the best attacking side in the world, u want to do it at arsenal? arsenal of today or 5yrs ago?

Messi plays as the false 9, not Tello or Pedro. What striker on the planet can bench Messi?

this reminds me of when debosky was arguing for squilacci. yeah by all means, let's hoover up all the washed up past it, used to be world class striker types all over because we want to buy big names.

Sure - because we buy an older player means he must be crap. Heck, we bought Lehmann and he was crap too, wasn't Arteta also crap at 30? Incredible analysis right here.

I'm hearing opening bids of 13mill and 130k salary but the hot 29 yr old we had was sold because?

Do you write this crap after drinking Shekpe?? RVP was sold because he had made up his mind to leave - right at the end of the season, not because of money. He didn't even negotiate for any wages with Arsenal, so how is this relevant? Arsenal were wiling to give a 29 year old a deal, so what exactly is your point here?

Even if we believe RVP left because of money, RVP earns 250K at united - is 130k + 13m greater or less than the 250K + £24m forgone in transfer fees or is talk just for the fun of it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
Why should Arsenal renew the contract of RvP and give him what he deserves?

He is 29yrs Oopppps Villa is 31

Sorry thats not the reason RvP is injury prone ooopppppsssss Villa is coming from a year long injury layoff

RvP already used to the team, Spent years in the league, Team Captain, Boost team spirit that youre not a selling club(actually sold to the rival), The sold player is now top scorer in the league for the rival

Opening bid of 13million which Barca has rejected and might go up to 17 or 20m A salary of at least 7m a yr

This is the same Villa who would never have considered Arsenal if all things were equal Like Dayokanu dating Kardashian when Kim is 62yrs old and an old peoples home. This has turned into Alardyce buying Hierro, Ivan Campo etc

Demba Ba not passed medicals and scored 36 league goals in 2 seasons In the same time Fernando Torres who passed medicals in flying colors eve got first class Honours in Medicals has 14 league goals

Talk about a club management without focus. This might be the right time to sign Zidane
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
edoyad: David Villa in January? Looking critically at this move leaves one seriously doubting. If a similar move had been executed 6 months ago it would have a considered a stroke of genius, considering RVP's departure and all. But now?

So in 6 months it has become a rubbish move? Why exactly? Has Villa suddenly become rubbish in 6 months or what is the reason exactly?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
edoyad:

I don't think 4ller mentioned his age with a view to making look like an aging striker. When I read it I immediately saw the hypocrisy in the Arsenal management style. Refusing to give lucrative contracts to 29 year olds but going abroad with the intention of splashing money on a foreign 30+year old, who has never played one day of English footie. And this is in January. Does it sound alright to you?

Again with the revisionist nonsense - how old was Henry when he was given a lucrative contract to take Arsenal from Highbury to the Emirates?

With all this hyperventilation and screaming, there isn't one concrete piece of evidence that Arsenal is indeed bidding. But not to worry, the newspapers must be enjoying the page hits they get from these neurotic fans.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
I said messi plays false 9. read the sentence again, it has a full stop.
in which planet does Alexis Sanchez play upfront ahead of a 'world class' striker?

is michu world class? was he regarded as world class as coogar claims present day villa is?

u know any truly world class striker available and only clubs like arsenal r interested?

Lehmann was a goalkeeper. they generally peak above 30.
Arteta was a known first team player in the premier league that clearly had something to offer yet. could anybody speculate about his abilities at the time?

keep looking for excuses. I know YOU KNOW the reality is its a stupid deal for that price and wages. end of.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
4llerbuntu: I said messi plays false 9. read the sentence again, it has a full stop.
in which planet does Alexis Sanchez play upfront ahead of a 'world class' striker?

Maybe because Sanchez is better as a winger than Villa? Villa is primarily striker - Sanchez/Tello play as wingers, so it's not shocking to believe that wingers are preferred on the flanks to a striker. Besides, don't you know Barca changed managers while Villa was out injured? He may have fallen out of favour with Villanova. . .there are many possibilities as to why he isn't starting as many games.

is michu world class? was he regarded as world class as coogar claims present day villa is?

So the issue is now some nebulous 'world class' tag and not his goals? Wenger was truly right when he said deluded fans are looking for name-tags not end product.

u know any truly world class striker available and only clubs like arsenal r interested?

You tell me the world class strikers available first and we'll start from there. Who says only 'clubs like Arsenal' are interested in Villa? It was mentioned that Chelski was interested in Villa, so much so that Romeu was asking him to come. Is Chelsea also 'a club like Arsenal'? What does 'clubs like Arsenal' mean?

Arteta was a known first team player in the premier league that clearly had something to offer yet. could anybody speculate about his abilities at the time?

Oh a 'known first team player' in Everton for £10m at 30 who has won nothing with a known injury record is very different from a 13m 31 year old player who has won everything in world footie? Can you tell me what Arteta's injury record was at Everton and compare it to Villa's?

keep looking for excuses. I know YOU KNOW the reality is its a stupid deal for that price and wages. end of.

I am not even looking for excuses for anything - your argument is bollocks pure and simple. The ludicrous nonsense you're trying to use to justify your position does not stand up to scrutiny.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
Back to some of the other comments - 4uller was claiming 130k in wages. It turns out that Villa earns €136k, which is around £110k, assuming Arsenal match the existing wages. How anyone can compare this figure to the £250k RVP is earning with United is quite mindboggling.

Maybe the rules of Arithmetic have now changed such that £250k is less than £110k, especially since the rumoured Arsenal offer to RVP was £150k + a £5m sign on fee.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
2013/14 jersey

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
Arsenal can never do anything right in our eyes. I don't see any wrong in going after David Villa (and is anybody really contesting that he is indeed and still world class?) at a time when we really need a natural goal poacher. Wenger, rather uncharacteristically, doesn't want to take chances on any unproven player like he used to. Villa is almost certain to have an immediate impact on our results if we sign him and the truth is if we do not get it right in terms of finding someone who will deliver right from the first game, we may finally cede our forth spot to the Spurs. We cannot get away with beating Tottenham to forth by the whiskers forever. The spuds are determined to take that top four spot and they fully deserve it considering the results they have been grinding out and the fact that they seem to have improved over last season.
By the way, its probably not true that we bid for Villa. At his age, he may prefer to sit on a spanish bench than move his family all the way to London.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
debosky:

So in 6 months it has become a rubbish move? Why exactly? Has Villa suddenly become rubbish in 6 months or what is the reason exactly?

Yes, 6 months is a big deal in football. In fact 6 days is a big deal. In six months we have been left fighting for fourth place just half way into the season, 15 points behind the number one team. We Finished second in a UCL group we really should have topped and as a result got a difficult draw in the second draw.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
edoyad:

Yes, 6 months is a big deal in football. In fact 6 days is a big deal. In six

Tell me what has changed in the past 6 months that would've changed the signing of David Villa from a 'stroke of genius' (your words) to something leaving you 'seriously doubting'.

Did Villa break his leg in the past 6 months? Did he become an invalid? Did he magically lose all his goal scoring nous?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
debosky:

Tell me what has changed in the past 6 months that would've changed the signing of David Villa from a 'stroke of genius' (your words) to something leaving you 'seriously doubting'.

Did Villa break his leg in the past 6 months? Did he become an invalid? Did he magically lose all his goal scoring nous?

You're missing the point, the problem is not with Villa per se but the gesture of getting him when we are in sinking sand. Why did they have to wait six months to get a competent replacement . Wouldnt it have made more sense to use the money spent on Villa (if he's coming) , Giroud and Podolski to keep RVP ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
Now the same scenario is almost playing out with Theo, if the dude releases a statement and departs acrimoniously they'll start to say Theo had already made up his mind to leave. No be so?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
dipo+:

By the way, its probably not true that we bid for Villa. At his age, he may prefer to sit on a spanish bench than move his family all the way to London.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1288557&cc=5901
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
edoyad:
You're missing the point, the problem is not with Villa per se but the gesture of getting him when we are in sinking sand. Why did they have to wait six months to get a competent replacement . Wouldnt it have made more sense to use the money spent on Villa (if he's coming) , Giroud and Podolski to keep RVP ?

No it wouldn't. Keeping RVP (without the additions) would not have put us in a much better position than we are right now - there's last season's league table as evidence.

We were 5th at this point last season with 36 points, and we're 6th now with 34 points. Massive difference eh? Also note that at the 20 game mark we've scored more and conceded less this season than we did at the same point last season.

It is plainly unrealistic to think having Poldi, Giroud and Villa is worse than keeping RVP. Furthermore, it is ridiculous to suggest that not adding Giroud and Poldi and simply offering RVP more money would have made him stay - was one of his main reasons for leaving not lack of a competitive squad?

Besides, you're acting like you're hard of hearing - RVP did not even enter into negotiations on a new deal, so the comparisons with Walcott are off the mark, who has been negotiating for nearly 18 months and stalling on signing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
debosky:

No it wouldn't. Keeping RVP (without the additions) would not have put us in a much better position than we are right now - there's last season's league table as evidence.

We were 5th at this point last season with 36 points, and we're 6th now with 34 points. Massive difference eh? Also note that at the 20 game mark we've scored more and conceded less this season than we did at the same point last season.

It is plainly unrealistic to think having Poldi, Giroud and Villa is worse than keeping RVP. Furthermore, it is ridiculous to suggest that not adding Giroud and Poldi and simply offering RVP more money would have made him stay - was one of his main reasons for leaving not lack of a competitive squad?

Besides, you're acting like you're hard of hearing - RVP did not even enter into negotiations on a new deal, so the comparisons with Walcott are off the mark, who has been negotiating for nearly 18 months and stalling on signing.

Are you kidding me ? Going into a negotiation when preconditions were already set? Statements like, "Arsenal will not go bankrupt to satisfy anyone" ring any bells ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:41am On Jan 06, 2013
debosky:

Maybe because Sanchez is better as a winger than Villa? Villa is primarily striker - Sanchez/Tello play as wingers, so it's not shocking to believe that wingers are preferred on the flanks to a striker. Besides, don't you know Barca changed managers while Villa was out injured? He may have fallen out of favour with Villanova. . .there are many possibilities as to why he isn't starting as many games.

So the issue is now some nebulous 'world class' tag and not his goals? Wenger was truly right when he said deluded fans are looking for name-tags not end product.

k. I will do this one last time.

I understand that you are agitated about posting, but please read what I quoted again.

I said UPFRONT. u are saying that you yourself know that tello and Sanchez are wingers. so essentially, Barcelona prefers to play wingers in the striking position ahead of a good or better still "world class" striker?

u know Sanchez is better as a winger but he plays as a striker ahead of villa? u don't think that possibly that striker is washed out?

ERM u know how Wenger plays gervinho upfront ahead of chamakh?

make you own conclusions from that fact. ironically even west ham is not stupid enough to buy chamakh without 'testing' : D and definitely not for foolish money.

the change of coaches/things that happened part is simply.............. so the new coach does not know the difference between strikers and wingers?

like seriously aren't you the one that simply wants a "name"? from these posts is it not clear that the only reason you are supporting this move is because its 'David Villa'? you are the deluded one. of you want a striker that will hit the ground running it won't be villa as you claim.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2013
Happy New Year to all Gooners, I hope we all find even more positive ways to resolve the cognitive dissonance induced by the continuing trophyless state of our great club.

It is my prayer and hope that the embarrasing trophylesness that has bedevilled our club will be resolved this year and I sincerely hope that you will be able to persevere until this unfortunate and extremely painful but necessary phase in our history has passed.

Should you find the situation becoming unbearable as the year progresses, do not hesitate to give Dr. Dudu Esq a call toll free on 007-419-666, I guarantee that all your worries, real and imagined will be addressed promptly and treated with the utmost confidentiality on live radio.

I would also like to use this opportunity to inform you that we are running 'Goonerholic Anonymous' sessions all through the year on every Friday the 13th at Old Freddie's place on Elm Street, special guest Speaker is Jason. Kindly book early to prevent overcrowding and ensure you indicate your choice of weapon on the online form at www.i-still-got-swagger-despite-trophylessness.com. Please note that matchsticks and cigarette lighters are not allowed due to the potential for arson. However, anything else from double-blade razors to nuclear warheads are permitted.

Immediate entry will be granted if you turn up with any spuddie body part, please take note that we have a preference for legs, we've also got group discounts for groups of 10 if you turn up at the door with a Manure head and you will be granted life membership if you turn up with DK's unmentionables.

At any time during the new year, should you find yourself in North London in an 'Ajalanitis' (mindless wandering) state, or otherwise under the influence of alcohol, cannabis(or any other Class A drug), do not hesitate to drop me an email so I can join you on a trip to the emirates and a round-trip of the Holloway road pubs. An advance notice of about 6 weeks would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you a Happy New year once again. COYG.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:16am On Jan 06, 2013
mcheew. agbaya.

see me reading the epistle and wondering what he was on about.

happy new year to you too. may the demons of trophylessnes be cast out of Emirates stadium.

and may the demon of no champions league/ no top 4 not gain entrance
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 11:35am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
no love lost

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
dudu nice that you're here,cos what I'm about to post has a lot to do with the defence you, debosky and i think dipo(if I'm correct) consistently put up for Wenger: That he has no power over what is spent on players

There has long been conjecture over Wenger's involvement in the financial structure of Arsenal, and the Frenchman says he is always fully involved in transfer negotiations and will be so again during the January window. While most Premier League managers take a back seat when players and their agents sit down to thrash out contracts and pay packets, Wenger insists he plays a central role in every deal at Arsenal. "I don't know how it works at other clubs, but the wages at Arsenal are decided in consultation between me and the board," Wenger said. "There is an amount of money that is dedicated to the wages every year. Within that budget, we try to come up with payments that are sensible and defensible. "As long as the economical balance within a club is respected and you pay the people with the resources that make economical sense, then it is fine. If I want to pay a player a little more than the budget, then I ask for the authorisation from the board

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1290112.

In other words, he has directly been involved with the dip in our fortunes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
Here's the interesting part.......

Wenger went on to reveal his policy on wages is different to many of his top-flight rivals, with the Arsenal boss explaining there is a balance within his squad that ensures none of his players are paid vastly more than their team-mates. So while some of Manchester City's stars may be pocketing more than £200,000 every week and find themselves lining-up alongside a player having to make do with a mere £15,000, Wenger insists on following different rules.

shocked Isn't this interesting guys ? So some of us have been right all along, WENGER PLAYS A MAJOR ROLE. And you wonder why some players depart with so much anger in them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
When he attempts to pay RVP and Fabregas the same range as Djourou and Squilacci
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
^^^Football Socialism. Coming from a club that has benefited from the free market. It's obvious there's no incentive to put in an effort.

4ller, I take it back, Arsenal players obviously only perform in the final stages of their contract.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
dayokanu: When he attempts to pay RVP and Fabregas the same range as Djourou and Squilacci

the top players get underpaid and the shyte players get overpaid. wenger is an economist so i can understand his methods.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
coogar:

the top players get underpaid and the shyte players get overpaid. wenger is an economist so i can understand his methods.

Even in economics its bound to fail like Communism failed. When you reward hardworking Dangote and the Agberos who do nothing on the same level

Definitely Messi-Xavi-Iniesta dont earn in the same region as Adriano-Bartra-Dos Santos
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
YessssYesss
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
Fa cup draw

if we go through we will be playing Brighton & hove albion grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
With the permission of Barcelona, Arsene Wenger spoke with David Villa, explaining his plans and trying to convince him to make the transfer this January and not in the summer, personal terms are being discussed.

We can only keep fingers crossed.

Meanwhile the winner of the second leg tie between Arsenal and Swansea would play Brighton& hove albion in the FA cup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.