Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2308251 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
4llerbuntu:
k. I will do this one last time. I understand that you are agitated about posting, but please read what I quoted again.

I said UPFRONT. u are saying that you yourself know that tello and Sanchez are wingers. so essentially, Barcelona prefers to play wingers in the striking position ahead of a good or better still "world class" striker?

The striking position (singular) is occupied by Messi and Messi alone - the wingers do NOT play in the 'striking position' ahead of Villa. They play in the wing positions. You said upfront and then you said 'striking position' - which are you saying? There is only one striking position and it is Messi's.

u know Sanchez is better as a winger but he plays as a striker ahead of villa? u don't think that possibly that striker is washed out?

Maybe you can't read - The only person occupying the striker position is Messi, Sanchez who has only scored one goal for Barca all season doesn't occupy a striking position. Besides, players are dropped for a myriad of reasons, including the coach's preferences - it doesn't mean the player is washed out.

the change of coaches/things that happened part is simply.............. so the new coach does not know the difference between strikers and wingers?

Is simply what? Is this going to be the first time a new coach will come in and a player fall out of favour? You've shown you're the one unable to distinguish between strikers and wingers.

Even the Sanchez you keep harping on about has 11 appearances for Barca in the league - did he start as a striker with Messi on the pitch? In all those games Sanchez hasn't scored once, while Villa has scored 5 times in 12 league appearances, yet we are to believe Villa is being benched by Sanchez because Villa is 'washed out'. undecided

like seriously aren't you the one that simply wants a "name"? from these posts is it not clear that the only reason you are supporting this move is because its 'David Villa'? you are the deluded one. of you want a striker that will hit the ground running it won't be villa as you claim.

You were the one talking about what 'big clubs' are in for him as if that is only the measure of a player's ability to deliver. You even went as far as asking whether Michu was a 'world class' striker, despite outscoring Aguero, Dzeko, Rooney and other better known and better paid strikers.

In case you can't read again, refer to my post - I am ambivalent about a move for Villa. However, I won't let the ridiculous things you are claiming slide without challenge.

As for supporting Villa, even if I wanted to, what are his stats? In 20 appearances (mainly substitutions) he has scored 8 goals this season - that is a decent return considering the predominance of Messi in the scoring stats at Barcelona.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
@Ed

What exactly is wrong with this?

[Quote] I don't know how it works at other clubs, but the wages at Arsenal are decided in consultation between me and the board," Wenger said. "There is an amount of money that is dedicated to the wages every year. Within that budget, we try to come up with payments that are sensible and defensible. [/quote]

Should wages be decided arbitrarily by someone without any empirical basis? should we not work to a budget and just spend only to later gnash our teeth when creditors come calling? aren't payments meant to be sensible and defensible?

Arsene was employed and paid by the board, it 'may' become expedient for them to sack him if we remain trophyless and fan support wanes but it remains to be seen and I do not believe such a move would have any drastic positive effect on our fortunes (Wolves, Blackburn and Liverpool are examples of clubs who've made managerial changes and either remained at the same level or retrogressed in recent times because there was no definite strategic change by those boards, only tactical managerial changes Liverpool aside who have now struck out in a different direction with the FSG takeover) Arsene Wenger is still Pound for Pound one of the best managers out there and if he wasn't at Arsenal, is the calibre of manager the club would be taking a punt on to turn things around so where is the logic in getting on his back? If there is to be any pressure at Arsenal (something I don't necessarily agree with as I go through Arsenal finances with a toothpick annually) it should be on the board.

In the midst of such dire financial straits, Arsenal has maintained its place among the football elite in Europe. I'd rather a manager who tried to make things work unsuccessfully than one who ups and leaves claiming there is no money as Martin O'Neill did at Aston Villa (who are a prime example of a club with a tired benefactor who has now gone back to the basics of a youth system and is paying dearly for it).

Arsenal's fortunes have dipped due to these 2 reasons:

1. Building the stadium
2. The influence of none football related money in the game

Those twin forces have created a pressure which has made us unable to keep the talent we've developed in the club but I'm glad that at least what we couldn't translate to trophies was translated into a war chest that will someday become very useful (as long as money is not taken out of the club which is not . I'm also glad that we had Arsene to lead us through that dangerous period. I shudder to think of what would have happened if we had a manager like Rafa Benitez.

There is a change afoot at Arsenal as our financial position grows stronger.
Arsenal is currently lampooned by the media because the 'Leadership' at Arsenal choose to stand by their principles of sustainability. Ownership might have evolved but the underpinning principle at Arsenal has remained the same. Arsenal will win and when we do, we would have done it in 'our' own way but not necessarily in 'our' own time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
@Ed

What exactly is wrong with this?

I don't know how it works at other clubs, but the wages at Arsenal are decided in consultation between me and the board," Wenger said. "There is an amount of money that is dedicated to the wages every year. Within that budget, we try to come up with payments that are sensible and defensible.

Should wages be decided arbitrarily by someone without any empirical basis? should we not work to a budget and just spend only to later gnash our teeth when creditors come calling? aren't payments meant to be sensible and defensible?

Arsene was employed and paid by the board, it 'may' become expedient for them to sack him if we remain trophyless and fan support wanes but it remains to be seen and I do not believe such a move would have any drastic positive effect on our fortunes (Wolves, Blackburn and Liverpool are examples of clubs who've made managerial changes and either remained at the same level or retrogressed in recent times because there was no definite strategic change by those boards, only tactical managerial changes Liverpool aside who have now struck out in a different direction with the FSG takeover) Arsene Wenger is still Pound for Pound one of the best managers out there and if he wasn't at Arsenal, is the calibre of manager the club would be taking a punt on to turn things around so where is the logic in getting on his back? If there is to be any pressure at Arsenal (something I don't necessarily agree with as I go through Arsenal finances with a toothpick annually) it should be on the board.

In the midst of such dire financial straits, Arsenal has maintained its place among the football elite in Europe. I'd rather a manager who tried to make things work unsuccessfully than one who ups and leaves claiming there is no money as Martin O'Neill did at Aston Villa (who are a prime example of a club with a tired benefactor who has now gone back to the basics of a youth system and is paying dearly for it).

1. Building the stadium

Those twin forces have created a pressure which has made us unable to keep the talent we've developed in the club but I'm glad that at least what we couldn't translate to trophies was translated into a war chest that will someday become very useful (as long as money is not taken out of the club which is not . I'm also glad that we had Arsene to lead us through that dangerous period. I shudder to think of what would have happened if we had a manager like Rafa Benitez.

Arsenal is currently lampooned by the media because the 'Leadership' at Arsenal choose to stand by their principles of sustainability. Ownership might have evolved but the underpinning principle at Arsenal has remained the same. Arsenal will win and when we do, we would have done it in 'our' own way but not necessarily in 'our' own time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2013
Apostle dudu, welcome back eh. If you think you trap me inside one of your dissertations, you have another thing coming grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2013

Arsenal's fortunes have dipped due to these reasons:
1. Building the stadium
2. The influence of none fmoney in the game
Those twin forces have crewhich has made us unablewe've developed in the clubleast what we couldn't tranwas translated into a war csomeday become very usefuis not taken out of the clubalso glad that we had Arsethrough that dangerous perthink of what would havea manager like Rafa Benite

First of all, our fortunes have dipped cos we developed a rubbish blue print on how a club should be run. Just look at the amount of duds we have brought in over the last 7 years in comparison to United or even Tottenham. All these goons were placed on salaries almost similar to the real talents in the club leaving them feeling aggrieved.

At the same time, players who would have formed the back bone of the team kept being sold to rivals like we were running a pr0stitution ring. Would Arsenal have gone bankrupt if we bad refused to do business with Barca and City? I think not.

Let us stop using the excuse of building a Stadium. Bayern and Benfica did it without any problems

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 07, 2013
Reports are coming in that arsenal have bid for napoli striker, eduardo vargas once arsenal target when he was playing for universad in chile... Very skiful striker,, and he is just 22
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2013
duduspace:

In the midst of such dire financial straits, Arsenal has maintained its place among the football elite in Europe.

lies, damn lies, and statistics......... or so they say.

major deception. but then i fully expect you to then say "Champions League football" 2nd round and Quarter final exits are the norm. a few clubs around the world also come and do same, and u wont ever regard them as "elite"

if the term elite was to be applied so generously, perhaps it loses meaning? i mean barcelona, man utd, internazionale, bayern munchen, infact even chelsea cannot by any realistic and sensible measure be regarded as arsenal's contemporaries these days. line up with people your level bros, napoli. schalke. dortmund etc.

to argue otherwise is to engage in Arsene-level delusions of granduer

duduspace:

1. Building the stadium

Those twin forces have created a pressure which has made us unable to keep the talent we've developed in the club

really? colour me surprised.

u mean the club never had players and a manager that could even manage the League Cup all these years? because of stadium and money? poverty is a biatch mehn.

i reject poverty in jesus name grin grin

but how do u intend to counter "The influence of none football related money in the game"? are these monies merely going to disappear? if its a reason, then it will forever be a reason, or u think the club can make and spend 200 million a year like man city?

and whats to say man city wont double their on outlay to 400? u see the fallacy in your arguments?

Dortmund vs Bayern ring a bell? yeah bayern can afford to buy dortmund and have change.........

duduspace:

ROFLMAO.

dude u should start a church. u would give the Adeboye's and Oyedepo's a run for their money selling hope to the hopeless.

thats the key, SELLING HOPE, unending HOPE
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
4llerbuntu: lies, damn lies, and statistics......... or so they say.
major deception. but then i fully expect you to then say "Champions League football" 2nd round and Quarter final exits are the norm. a few clubs around the world also come and do same, and u wont ever regard them as "elite"

If, by your own words, 'a few' clubs do so, isn't that the very definition of elite? Is it something that many clubs achieve, especially on a consistent basis? Do you even know the meaning of the word?

Besides, Duduspace was talking about maintaining our status in the context of the time before financial constraints and the period during the constraints - last I checked, we did better in the 'trophyless' years in the UCL than we did with arguably our best ever squad from 2003-2005. That statement is both factually and contextually correct.

if the term elite was to be applied so generously, perhaps it loses meaning? i mean barcelona, man utd, internazionale, bayern munchen, infact even chelsea cannot by any realistic and sensible measure be regarded as arsenal's contemporaries these days. line up with people your level bros, napoli. schalke. dortmund etc.

to argue otherwise is to engage in Arsene-level delusions of granduer

Applying the word elite to the top 16 teams in Europe's elite club competition is not generous. Of the thousands of clubs in Europe ONLY 16 clubs can be in the knock out phase of the CL, and even fewer manage to remain in that grouping consistently over a period of time.

How is Napoli - a club with only 3 UCL appearances and Schalke with only 7 CL appearances those on Arsenal's level? Are those relevant comparators to Arsenal that have been to the second round for 13 successive seasons? Are you struggling with the meaning of 'level' as well? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
issorite.

top 16 teams.

galatasaray and fernerbache sef na elite

i agree with u @ debosky. arsenal is also "elite"

All thanks to Master Wenger. the great magician
Lets all bow down for master wenger tongue tongue tongue whatever rocks your boat.

so abeg, unto more reasonable and likely things, wassup with this eduardo vargas? whats he like?
any update about the reality of a bid or its all rumour as usual
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
4llerbuntu: issorite. top 16 teams.

galatasaray and fernerbache sef na elite

i agree with u @ debosky. arsenal is also "elite"

All thanks to Master Wenger. the great magician
Lets all bow down for master wenger tongue tongue tongue whatever rocks your boat.

Your problem is clear - you cannot separate a fact from your issues with Wenger - to acknowledge the fact the last 16 is an elite group in which Arsenal is consistently represented isn't the same as saying Wenger is a great magician/bowing down for him or anything else.

As a Whole Ashipa and winner of an NL election, I'd expect better from you. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
As for Vargas, that is a case of pure agent story-planting/desperate fans hoping for a transfer at all costs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nothing to suggest Arsenal has made any bids for Villa. . . .says those in the know at DeboSKYSPORTS. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
debosky:

Your problem is clear - you cannot separate a fact from your issues with Wenger - to acknowledge the fact the last 16 is an elite group in which Arsenal is consistently represented isn't the same as saying Wenger is a great magician/bowing down for him or anything else.

As a Whole Ashipa and winner of an NL election, I'd expect better from you. grin

So how has Arsenals fortunes improved under Arsene Wenger. What do they have that they didnt before Wenger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

So how has Arsenals fortunes improved under Arsene Wenger. What do they have that they didnt before Wenger

If you don't know, then you don't need to know. Besides, I don't feed trolls. #newyeartinz
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
debosky:

If you don't know, then you don't need to know. Besides, I don't feed trolls. #newyeartinz

That means you dont have any idea on what Wenger has done? 7yrs of trophylessness na bad thing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

That means you dont have any idea on what Wenger has done? 7yrs of trophylessness na bad thing
It 8yrs, this is 2013,how can you forget that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
ogbeche77: It 8yrs, this is 2013,how can you forget that

grin
Olodo, how can it be 8 years when the season is not yet over ? Atleast wait til may before you promote us to 8 years.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
edoyad:

grin
Olodo, how can it be 8 years when the season is not yet over ? Atleast wait til may before you promote us to 8 years.

So how many years of trophylessness now Mr Edoyad? Where were you the last time Arsenal won a trophy?

Can you post your picture then and now to see how much you have aged waiting for a trophy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
edoyad:

grin
Na so the thing pain you.lol.. To be realistic, which trophy is within your reach? UCL- for where? Una one die
EPL- Keep dreaming
Capital 1- you are out
FA CUP- Swansea ll be sodomizing you in a few weeks time.. Oga na 8yrs joor.. Accept your fate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

So how many years of trophylessness now Mr Edoyad? Where were you the last time Arsenal won a trophy?

Can you post your picture then and now to see how much you have aged waiting for a trophy
Mr edoyad is an elf, he does not get older by the day.. So 8yrs ago seems like yesternight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
ogbeche77: Mr edoyad is an elf, he does not get older by the day..

I have to admit that was quite funny. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
When was this then or now?

So you aged waiting for trophies
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nice hat edoyad. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2013
Happy birthday Debosky
Meet me at Mama Calabar later for a plate of Nkwobi grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2013
grin grin What a coincidence that just a few hours after dayo ridicules us for gradually aging while being trophyless, debosky goes on to celebrate another birthday. grin grin

Oya post your own pics of then and now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
Unku Debo happy birthday bros cheesy

edoyad
you nor well at all grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
happy birthday to the gunner-in-chief, debosky...aka gburugburu 13 of gbongan kingdom, ikuakporlorkpolor 2 of ogbomosho, nwaana-ogbuefi-ngbediguchi 12 of onitsha. may your days be long on the planet....may you break the record of methuselah(like mukina2)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
Happy birthday. Debo longlife good health and prosperity may your light shines and never grow deem.

We are all waiting for your pix then and now grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Happy Birthday Debo!!! More blessings and good things life long!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KazeKage1: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
!KABOOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOOM!

21 CANNON SALUTE TO THE RESIDENT GUNNER-IN-CHIEF DEBO (AST, PHW). MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG AND FILLED WITH BLESSINGS AND TROPHIES cool

V3
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
Balogun Debo! More grammar to your vocabulary and many happy returns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.