Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,679 members, 7,955,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2451770 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (3656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

No. I am not comparing Auba and OG. Haba! Bros.

I am saying that quick players playing besides Giroud will score lots of goals because of his quality holdup play. He won't score but will create spaces for those besides him to. That's the job Lacazette has that he is not doing well enough. That's why Arteta has to hope on Nketiah.

Giroud was the reason Griezmann and Mbappe could score as much goals in the WC. And Deschamps acknowledged it by giving him playing time despite him not scoring himself.
You are correct, that's the major reason Sanchez,Walcott and Ramsey scored a lot.but Lacazette isn't an hold up play striker, he is a bit like Defoe, check him at Lyon, he scores 20+ goals behind Cavani and Ibrah.

I think Wenger tried to turn him to a Giroud,and Emery made him to work hard for Auba to score and that's more reason he was our POTY last season.
Had he played with Sanchez and orther creative players, his goal tallly could have increased and at the same time still industrious.

Lacazette would do well at Atlectico, put Jao Felix,Lemar,Carrasco etal, behind him and saddle him with goal scoring responsibility. But here, he drops deep,to the wings, starts attack, hold up and also wants to score. That's some stressful job.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

How is it that you accept Vardy's tackle as things but castigate Nketiah. Between both which was more dangerous?
No intent from Vardy and immediately he knew his stud got into Mustafi's face, he apologized.

Nketiah's tackle was reckless. Forget babyface and all these defending him.

And overall, i consider this a crappy foolish mistake from Arteta.

I saw absolutely no reason for the removal of Lacazette. He should have only removed Saka that was evidently tired and just jogging. Laca was all fiery in pressing and even got an offside goal.

I guess he's allowing his love for Nketiah to get into hi tactical onus. Something evident with Pep.

Laca would never do that kind of rough play. Never.

Is Pepe on paternity leave? He should have been a good replacement for Saka.

Nketiah cannot do well with those kinda Tierney accurate crosses.

Arteta should wake up and apply sense here.

Gladly, the Xhaka Fortune of play and no loss continues.

Tottenham will be scared of him. He is always loose and seeing space when playing against them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2020
We've definitely moves on from OG and AS. But in this kinda set up, OG will get 3goals outta 7 Tierney crosses. No one should /can argue that!!!

But we've moved on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

No. I am not comparing Auba and OG. Haba! Bros.

I am saying that quick players playing besides Giroud will score lots of goals because of his quality holdup play. He won't score but will create spaces for those besides him to. That's the job Lacazette has that he is not doing well enough. That's why Arteta has to hope on Nketiah.

Giroud was the reason Griezmann and Mbappe could score as much goals in the WC. And Deschamps acknowledged it by giving him playing time despite him not scoring himself.

No dey talk this thing for outside o. He has just one assist in that same world cup while Griezmann has 2 assist, Lucas Hernandez has 2 assists as well. How in is Giroud the reason they could score more goals?

E be like say u want make we drag Giroud today sha....

Giroud was more of a passenger in that world cup. He didn't give any man of the match performance in any of the matches he played. Anthony Griezmann was man of the match in 3 games, Mbappe was man of the match in 2 different matches, Ngolo Kante a defensive midfielder was even man of the match vs Denmark, even Umtiti wey be defender gave man of the match performance vs Belgium.

How is Giroud responsible for anything with his 0 shots on target as a striker?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by thorrvik55(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Unfortunately we cannot afford the luxury France enjoys. France can afford to start a striker who would register 0 short on target at the world cup for the sake of link-up play with other quality players in the team like Griezman and Mbappe upfront, Paul Pogba doing split in the middle passes, Blaise Matuidi doing the dirty work in the middle of the park, dem Parvard holding it back and decent full backs getting the attack started.....Arsenal can't afford this luxury.

If this present Arsenal should have a Giroud upfront, we will be registering maybe 1 goal every 3 games sef. His watch is over bro

Wot did I just read?? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2020
Fkhalifa:

You are correct, that's the major reason Sanchez,Walcott and Ramsey scored a lot.but Lacazette isn't an hold up play striker, he is a bit like Defoe, check him at Lyon, he scores 20+ goals behind Cavani and Ibrah.

I think Wenger tried to turn him to a Giroud,and Emery made him to work hard for Auba to score and that's more reason he was our POTY last season.
Had he played with Sanchez and orther creative players, his goal tallly could have increased and at the same time still industrious.

Lacazette would do well at Atlectico, put Jao Felix,Lemar,Carrasco etal, behind him and saddle him with goal scoring responsibility. But here, he drops deep,to the wings, starts attack, hold up and also wants to score. That's some stressful job.
Good observation there.

Lacazette is a penalty box player. He has the stamina, close control and power to wreck havoc, just put the ball at his feet. He isn't the sleek scorer like Auba, but he does get the ball pass the goalie with power.

Making Lacazette to drop deep for runners like Auba is playing below his strength. That's a OG kind of job. That's why I said we miss Giroud, not that he will give us the title but because of the pattern we have chosen to play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:52am On Jul 08, 2020
daveP:
No intent from Vardy and immediately he knew his stud got into Mustafi's face, he apologized.

Nketiah's tackle was reckless. Forget babyface and all these defending him.

And overall, i consider this a crappy foolish mistake from Arteta.

I saw absolutely no reason for the removal of Lacazette. He should have only removed Saka that was evidently tired and just jogging. Laca was all fiery in pressing and even got an offside goal.

I guess he's allowing his love for Nketiah to get into hi tactical onus. Something evident with Pep.

Laca would never do that kind of rough play. Never.

Is Pepe on paternity leave? He should have been a good replacement for Saka.

Nketiah cannot do well with those kinda Tierney accurate crosses.

Arteta should wake up and apply sense here.

Gladly, the Xhaka Fortune of play and no loss continues.

Tottenham will be scared of him. He is always loose and seeing space when playing against them.
Talking about Xhaka, have you noticed his renewed desire to blow shots from deep? smiley

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

No dey talk this thing for outside o. He has just one assist in that same world cup while Griezmann has 2 assist, Lucas Hernandez has 2 assists as well. How in is Giroud the reason they could score more goals?

E be like say u want make we drag Giroud today sha....

Giroud was more of a passenger in that world cup. He didn't give any man of the match performance in any of the matches he played. Anthony Griezmann was man of the match in 3 games, Mbappe was man of the match in 2 different matches, Ngolo Kante a defensive midfielder was even man of the match vs Denmark, even Umtiti wey be defender gave man of the match performance vs Belgium.

How is Giroud responsible for anything with his 0 shots on target as a striker?
So how come he played every single game? How come he was preferred over others like Laca at CF. Tell us o with tactical explain. No shalaye... Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

So how come he played every single game? How come he was preferred over others like Laca at CF. Tell us o with tactical explain. No shalaye... Lol

You claimed Giroud was the sole reason Mbappe and Griezmann had 4 goals each in a bid to explain why Giroud (a top 9) fired blank all through the tournament. I showed you that claim is not only false, but nonsense at best. The 2 players had 8 goals between them and only one of those goals was assisted by Giroud. Eez like you don't even know how disgraceful it is that a striker cannot record one shot on target at the world cup despite his team playing to the end of the tournament.

Only Deschamps knows why he keeps starting Giroud ahead of other strikers. The same way Mr. Good Ebening knows why he kept on handing starting roles to Willock and Guendouzi ahead of Ceballos, Ozil, etc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You claimed Giroud was the sole reason Mbappe and Griezmann had 4 goals each in a bid to explain why Giroud (a top 9) fired blank all through the tournament. I showed you that claim is not only false, but nonsense at best. The 2 players had 8 goals between them and only one of those goals was assisted by Giroud. Eez like you don't even know how disgraceful it is that a striker cannot record one shot on target at the world cup despite his team playing to the end of the tournament.

Only Deschamps knows why he keeps starting Giroud ahead of other strikers. The same way Mr. Good Ebening knows why he kept on handing starting roles to Willock and Guendouzi ahead of Ceballos, Ozil, etc.
To be honest, Giroud's unselfish play was integral to Griezmann and Mbappe tearing through teams the way they did. With Kante doing the dirty work, Matuidi harrying opponents from his slightly advanced LM role and Pogba being an orchestrator, Giroud was the perfect foil.
This is not to excuse his lack of goals or even shots on target though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Unlimited22:

To be honest, Giroud's unselfish play was integral to Griezmann and Mbappe tearing through teams the way they did. With Kante doing the dirty work, Matuidi harrying opponents from his slightly advanced LM role and Pogba being an orchestrator, Giroud was the perfect foil.
This is not to excuse his lack of goals or even shots on target though.
Blueraydick, kindly refer. Thanks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

Blueraydick, kindly refer. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUM3FuNVYho

This is a compilation of all Las Blues goals at the 2018 world cup, point out as many goals as u can count in which Giroud's "unselfish play" was the reason those goals were scored by Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann, etc.

E be like u no know say e worse gan for Giroud ni....How many games did Fekir play? Do u know he had shot on target? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

This is a compilation of all Las Blues goals at the 2018 world cup, point out as many goals as u can count in which Giroud's "unselfish play" was the reason those goals were scored by Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann, etc.

E be like u no know say e worse gan for Giroud ni....How many games did Fekir play? Do u know he had shot on target? grin
U suppose copy unlimited22 for this mail
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

Talking about Xhaka, have you noticed his renewed desire to blow shots from deep? smiley
I think seeing Cedric getting a debut goal from a position he should be shooting from has ignited the fire. I hope it yields goals. He should be getting goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

No be everything dem dey show for highlight brother. They're some little details of how he brings mbappe and griezmann together, he movement that might distract defenders for those duo to capitalize. Those details can be seen in highlight. Not saying we need giroud, especially with our kinda midfielders presently, but he was really integral in France run to winning the world cup

Meanwhile, Lloris deserve that world cup. Mehn, see saves.!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Igboid: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
I don't understand how Vardy dangerous play on Mustafi didn't earn him a red card while Nketiah was sent off.
They just ruined our match. So unfair.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Jodera:
No be everything dem dey show for highlight brother. They're some little details of how he brings mbappe and griezmann together, he movement that might distract defenders for those duo to capitalize. Those details can be seen in highlight. Not saying we need giroud, especially with our kinda midfielders presently, but he was really integral in France run to winning the world cup

Meanwhile, Lloris deserve that world cup. Mehn, see saves.!!

Can u please show us clips of Giroud doing some these things u speak about?

You really need to define this integral part u keep talking about honestly. As in I watched the most of those matches live and I can tell u Mbappe was the one all over the place running the length and breadth of the pitch. There's just no excuse u can give that will justify Giroud not having a shot on goal when players like Parvard, Hernandez etc that don't play anywhere close to the final third have not just shots on target, but even goals......smh

Even Firminho that has come under fire at loserpool recently for not scoring like a striker should still always manage to test goal keepers despite visibly feeding Sallah and Mane. Giroud na dirty abeg!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

U suppose copy unlimited22 for this mail

He go hear the odor na....if he no hear the odor he go smell the color cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
If a man's wife/gf believes in him like Lacazzette believes in Auba, trust me he no get problem

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Funny you man.

You either didn't watch the video you posted or you were baised in your view. OG's contribution was never in doubt. I didn't say he was tournament MVP, I said he was an integral part of the set up that helped Mbappe and Griezmann lead France to the title. At this point I rest my case, as your own evidence couldn't convince you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
Spy360:

Funny you man.

You either didn't watch the video you posted or you were baised in your view. OG's contribution was never in doubt. I didn't say he was tournament MVP, I said he was an integral part of the set up that helped Mbappe and Griezmann lead France to the title. At this point I rest my case, as your own evidence couldn't convince you.

I asked u to point out those goals he helped set up in the video, see the shalaye wey u dey cap.....OG kor, OZ ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:
If a man's wife/gf believes in him like Lacazzette believes in Auba, trust me he no get problem
lolz. . I just love this dude. . So selfless. But you see that Ceballos eh, person wey no concentrate fit mistook him for the goalscorer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
mostob:
lolz. . I just love this dude. . So selfless. But you see that Ceballos eh, person wey no concentrate fit mistook him for the goalscorer.

cheesy

I think ceballos was joyous because that thru pass was used judiciously by Saka and slotted home by Auba. If it was possible to record assist for two people I would say both Ceballos and Saka deserve to get the assist for that Auba's goal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
BlueRayDick:

cheesy

I think ceballos was joyous because that thru pass was used judiciously by Saka and slotted home by Auba. If it was possible to record assist for two people I would say both Ceballos and Saka deserve to get the assist for that Auba's goal
exactly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 12:08am On Jul 09, 2020
disgraceful officiating, how’s Nketiah getting a red and var didn't even even look at this one today undecided

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:08am On Jul 09, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I asked u to point out those goals he helped set up in the video, see the shalaye wey u dey cap.....OG kor, OZ ni
Ayemi temi bami...

Funkeeee! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:44am On Jul 09, 2020
kodded:
disgraceful officiating, how’s Nketiah getting a red and var didn't even even look at this one today undecided
Na today
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2020
kodded:
Arsenal is appealing.

The fact is VAR has failed to correct the ills of poor officiating we hoped it would. Wenger was clearly against using technology as it does negate human error and opens the door for more sentimental decisions with little room for query.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
Spy360:

Arsenal is appealing.

The fact is VAR has failed to correct the ills of poor officiating we hoped it would. Wenger was clearly against using technology as it does negate human error and opens the door for more sentimental decisions with little room for query.
Are you seeing the penalty awarded to man u against villa? If care is not taken by the English FA, the PL will lose all credibility with the way poor officiating is deciding games. It'll be far gone before they realise money isn't everything.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
ORIJIN201:
Are you seeing the penalty awarded to man u against villa? If care is not taken by the English FA, the PL will lose all credibility with the way poor officiating is deciding games. It'll be far gone before they realise money isn't everything.
Those fvckers are never good in officiating that's why they don't use them in international level
Awon werey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Those fvckers are never good in officiating that's why they don't use them in international level
Awon werey
if he was playing for arsenal, I'm sure var would have given him a straight red card grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Spy360:

Arsenal is appealing.

The appeal failed just like I thought. The review of the incident was always going to be independent of any other red card decision. The kid got overzealous with his tackle and the call was the right one if you ask me. I always say, don't get into any situation where you are forcing the referee to make a decision against you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (3656) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.