Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2318204 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Roland17:

The appeal failed just like I thought. The review of the incident was always going to be independent of any other red card decision. The kid got overzealous with his tackle and the call was the right one if you ask me. I always say, don't get into any situation where you are forcing the referee to make a decision against you.

Simple!

I don't know why fans keep pointing to examples of independent cases in different matches officiated by different referees.

If another referee officiating another match decides to give yellow card for a similar offence, it doesn't mean this referee that gave a ref card was wrong. Nketiah's challenge was reckless and the ref made the right call. I guess fans are just angry some of these decisions are not always taken by other refs in the same situation for reasons best known to them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Simple!

I don't know why fans keep pointing to examples of independent cases in different matches officiated by different referees.

If another referee officiating another match decides to give yellow card for a similar offence, it doesn't mean this referee that gave a ref card was wrong. Nketiah's challenge was reckless and the ref made the right call. I guess fans are just angry some of these decisions are not always taken by other refs in the same situation for reasons best known to them
Var in EPL is not straightforward enough
It's very bad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Var in EPL is not straightforward enough
It's very bad

You may be right, but a ref don't even need VAR to judge that incident as one that has serious foul play. The ref even watched the pitch-side screen and was convinced it's a very reckless challenge. Don't forget at the end of the day the ref still has his final say in most cases
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You may be right, but a ref don't even need VAR to judge that incident as one that has serious foul play. The ref even watched the pitch-side screen and was convinced it's a very reckless challenge. Don't forget at the end of the day the ref still has his final say in most cases
Nketiah's tackle was red for sure, I'm talking about other decisions that didn't go down well.
Kolasinac fouled ihenacho yet his goal was ruled out, Bruno fouled the defender and was awarded PK
Pepe was bundled like a thief against Bournemouth nothing was given..so on like that
The fact is these referees are lazy to use the field monitor, instead they foolishly accept what the video assistant says then after the match review they will change talk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
Roland17:

The appeal failed just like I thought. The review of the incident was always going to be independent of any other red card decision. The kid got overzealous with his tackle and the call was the right one if you ask me. I always say, don't get into any situation where you are forcing the referee to make a decision against you.
The red card was the main point of the issue. The point is having consistency in decision making. Where there is no consistency issues like this will always create a debate. In addition, it is abysmal if same laws don't apply in all cases, scenarios and individuals. Laws cannot be independent of other decisions, that's why references are made to other similar cases.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2020
BlueRayDick:

VAR can and do overrule a referee's decision if they feel he was not in the best position to make a call. The thing is VAR and pitch side reviews were introduced to ensure consistency in decision making and create a balance of officiating. Based on these, VAR is a failure in England.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:59am On Jul 10, 2020
Spy360:
VAR can and do overrule a referee's decision if they feel he was not in the best position to make a call. The thing is VAR and pitch side reviews were introduced to ensure consistency in decision making and create a balance of officiating. Based on these, VAR is a failure in England.

E be like say u know pass the EPL management undecided

Even the acronym VAR should tell u they are Assistant Referees which means the centre referee still has the final say.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2020
Una still dey discuss Refree and VAR.

Are you not aware of the scary form the scummies are in? and they'll still strengthen in the window.

Or Chelsea? Who just got Ziyech and Werner?

Shey top4 still sure like this next season?

Well, As usual, The manager and some players will be scapegoated again.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Are you not aware of the scary form the scummies are in? and they'll still strengthen in the window.

Well, As usual, The manager and some players will be scapegoated again.
Na wen next season wan start we can see whether our board will buy sensibly or not. Now is not the time to talk all about transfer tho(my opinion). Man u are strong, Chelsea are strong, man city and Liverpool are strong. Good thing is Arteta is seeing all these things, so let's see what he has up his sleeves(in terms of transfers)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2020
Jodera:
Na wen next season wan start we can see whether our board will buy sensibly or not. Now is not the time to talk all about transfer tho(my opinion). Man u are strong, Chelsea are strong, man city and Liverpool are strong. Good thing is Arteta is seeing all these things, so let's see what he has up his sleeves(in terms of transfers)

Next season starts soon, its about time we start planning ahead.
This season is done! we only have Europa to for.

Arterta seems pleased about 90% of this team and that's scary.

The board will go to sleep till fans begin to protest, Recent result(which to me is papering cracks) has calmed the atmosphere at arsenal.

The board may even give Covid19 excuse for loss in Revenue,whilst our rivals and even teams below will spend like they are in another planet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Next season starts soon, its about time we start planning ahead.
This season is done! we only have Europa to for.

Arterta seems pleased about 90% of this team and that's scary.

The board will go to sleep till fans begin to protest, Recent result(which to me is papering cracks) has calmed the atmosphere at arsenal.

The board may even give Covid19 excuse for loss in Revenue,whilst our rivals and even teams below will spend like they are in another planet.
At the first bolded part. I disagree with you on that. I don't think he's satisfied with what he got. He just making use of the available he had. I believe he'll strengthen tho. How he'll strengthen is what I'm watching out to see.

At the 2nd part is what I'm afraid of, cos with this pandemic ish, the board might bring such an excuse, considering also we made losses and might not go to Europe next season, it might be pretty difficult for us. Since they said Arteta will be the one to make decisions on transfer, I hope they give him funds to back up the talk. I'll see how the transfer window turns out to be sha. Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
BlueRayDick:

E be like say u know pass the EPL management undecided

Even the acronym VAR should tell u they are Assistant Referees which means the centre referee still has the final say.
The centre referee makes the call base on advice from VAR. He is almost bound to follow the advice just as he follows his lines men. Pitch side monitors become necessary when he is in doubt. Both use of VAR and pitch side monitors are supposed to aid the red in making informed decisions. So we expect a high level of consistency. In other leagues such inconsistent decisions have been reduced to minimal, but the EPL is still ladened with controversies just as when there were to technology involvement.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Spy360:

Spy360:

The centre referee makes the call base on advice from VAR. He is almost bound to follow the advice just as he follows his lines men. Pitch side monitors become necessary when he is in doubt. Both use of VAR and pitch side monitors are supposed to aid the red in making informed decisions. So we expect a high level of consistency. In other leagues such inconsistent decisions have been reduced to minimal, but the EPL is still ladened with controversies just as when there were to technology involvement.

Na wa for you o. Can you just admit you committed a gaffe with your first post above in bold instead of trying to turn Amala undecided Haba!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Well, As usual, The manager and some will be scapegoated again.
The owners have given us loan with soft interest and no collateral. So we like children without parents can manage through the transfer window.

Something tells me we have concluded 80% of our transfer business for next season. Our defence is ready (Saliba, Soares and Mari), attack too with the Saka deal, and midfield probably with Ceballos. God willing we sell Guendouzi for a good fee, so we can get a decent DM like Partey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Na wa for you o. Can you just admit you committed a gaffe with your first post above in bold instead of trying to turn Amala undecided Haba!
So your interest is in the gaffe? I have explained the statement. That a referee can issue a yellow which can be overturned by VAR, if they judge him to be in a disadvantaged position. Take it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
Spy360:

So your interest is in the gaffe? I have explained the statement. That a referee can issue a yellow which can be overturned by VAR, if they judge him to be in a disadvantaged position. Take it.

Na jeje I siddon tell person say ;The ref always have the final say despite the introduction of VAR, u disagreed and claimed VAR overrules ref decision.

I showed u screenshot of the EPL's page boldly putting Ur claim to be incorrect, instead make u just accept say it was an error on Ur part u dey turn amala.....Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
Left to me emphasis should be on midfield [a 10 and one potent DM) we can still work with what we have in attack and defence if funds is not a luxury.

Shipping out Ozil and Guen can sort this, I still consider keeping Xhaka as a squad player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
Left to me emphasis should be on midfield [a 10 and one potent DM) we can still work with what we have in attack and defence if funds is not a luxury.

Shipping out Ozil and Guen can sort this, I still consider keeping Xhaka as a squad player.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
[quote author=Akinbahm post=91578170][/quote]

he killed everything when he called Guendouzi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
Jodera:

Leave akinbahm to be whining himself. I’m done with that debate.

Xhaka will be good as a squad player, we can’t sell everybody as we also need a robust bench unlike what we have under Emery. Players will get injured from time to time.

Robust bench is one of the strengths of Manchester City.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Gabzy1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

I agree with you on this point
Our midfield used to be our strongest point before, now it is our weakest point
Post invincible era we have been blessed with midfielders like fabregas, hleb, song, diaby, flamini and the likes
We were known as a possession based team then
Those guys could control the midfield effectively and create chances for our attackers
Right now we have midfielders who are not technical enough to control the midfield and create chances
This should be arteta's main priority
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
Gabzy1:

I agree with you on this point
Our midfield used to be our strongest point before, now it is our weakest point
Post invincible era we have been blessed with midfielders like fabregas, hleb, song, diaby, flamini and the likes
We were known as a possession based team then
Those guys could control the midfield effectively and create chances for our attackers
Right now we have midfielders who are not technical enough to control the midfield and create chances
This should be arteta's main priority
Our midfield today only has 1 EPL goal this season and it came a week ago. Need to get better players in..

The entire midfield is not good enough for top4, except ( Ceballos who is also a bit inconsistent) and Torriera( Who is also not physical and dominant enough).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Na jeje I siddon tell person say ;The ref always have the final say despite the introduction of VAR, u disagreed and claimed VAR overrules ref decision.

I showed u screenshot of the EPL's page boldly putting Ur claim to be incorrect, instead make u just accept say it was an error on Ur part u dey turn amala.....Smh
The relevant point you should take is that PL VARs are highly inconsistent and have failed to solve the problems of poor officiating that led to their introduction.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Our midfield today only has 1 EPL goal this season and it came a week ago. Need to get better players in..

The entire midfield is not good enough for top4, except ( Ceballos who is also a bit inconsistent) and Torriera( Who is also not physical and dominant enough).
Any additional will depend on whether Guendouzi or Ozil leaves, and the type of midfielder Arteta wants. If not, possibility of Arsenal buying a midfielder is slight.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Xhaka will be good as a squad player, we can’t sell everybody as we also need a robust bench unlike what we have under Emery. Players will get injured from time to time.

Yeah, I won't even advocate for xhaka sale. He's not so bad, so I dunno why we should sell him. Inasmuch we won't good first 11, we should also consider bench as you rightly said
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
Spy360:

Any additional will depend on whether Guendouzi or Ozil leaves, and the type of midfielder Arteta wants. If not, possibility of Arsenal buying a midfielder is slight.
And they should ensure those 2 leave along with mkhi. We need to get at least 2 midfielders.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Jodera:
And they should ensure those 2 leave along with mkhi. We need to get at least 2 midfielders.
I believe strongly Ozil will leave. Not sure of Guen. He may just apologize. I am sure Kokaneprodigy wouldn't want it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
Spy360:

I believe strongly Ozil will leave. Not sure of Guen. He may just apologize. I am sure Kokaneprodigy wouldn't want it.
Lol, even me sef, I wouldn't want it. Before I know I needed him in arsenal as a squad player and depth, but seeing his attitude against Brighton and even refusing to apologize, I feel he'll be better off of this club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

So, Xhaka is tantamount to be included among Robust bench. In all honesty our Midfield start to regress when Ozil and Xhaka set in unless you want to hide away from the truth.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
Jodera:

I don't know what he's trying to drive out on Guendozi issue, if he can point out 5 good games Xhaka won single handedly for us and when he won Player of the month for Arsenal since Prof signed him into the team...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Jodera:
Lol, even me sef, I wouldn't want it. Before I know I needed him in arsenal as a squad player and depth, but seeing his attitude against Brighton and even refusing to apologize, I feel he'll be better off of this club

Bro, this is a moot point sincerely and you sounds emotionally biased...

Someone who up his game during the period your old clowns failed to turn up...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Spy360:

Except someone matches every dime we are paying Ozil on his current contract, Baba, is not going anywhere. He is not bothered about not playing a whole season next year as long as he is getting his raba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.