Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,165 members, 7,856,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2356715 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (3547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jodera:
But realistically, who's at fault between Arsenal and Ozil?
Ozil says he's an arsenal player who still has a contract and he says he wants to finish it.
Arsenal says they don't need ozil and that he must go...(as they no longer want his services)
Ozil always reiterates that he's always available and would love to play for arsenal wen called upon.
Arsenal says NO, he must go, and Ozil blatantly refused.

Without sentiments or emotions, who do you think is right?
Arsenal or Ozil?

I will definitely go for Ozil.
I mean, if you don't want to play a player in the league, how about europa league and cup competition?
He can be used for cup depth instead of just freezing him out. I know his wage is much, but then he just have only 1 yr on his contract.
If the situation is turned, (the club needing him and Ozil saying he wants to go while under contract), I'm sure most of us will call him traitor.
It's obvious the frog eyes is at fault now, even if arsenal were at fault before.
3 managers complained about him haba
Thunder fire wengay for put us in this mess
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Haram kor, Halal ni grin

Person wey no send......I beleive he is actually tired of football or something. He seem to have fallen out of love for the round leather game jare
It's actually haram collecting or earning what you don't deserve, if he fall out of love for soccer he should have moved to Qatar where he will get triple money
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

As iamoyindamola said I’ve always said Xhaka is not good enough but that doesn’t make Guen better than him, it’s logic.
We had Luiz messing up and definitely not good enough for us but u won’t see Arteta start Rob Holding ahead of him. Yes Luiz ain’t good enough but with the current squad and current stage Rob is, he can’t bench Luiz. Arteta won’t play Rob continuously at the detriment of result cos Luiz ain’t good enough. It’s logic and it doesn’t mean i Stan Xhaka.
I just hope u guys don’t make business decisions.
Off course Guen is not better than Xhaka. In fact Xhaka had more potentials than Guen at his age. Xhaka was Swiss U17, U21, and now Nat team captain. Nor be beans.

Having said that, take this... Rob can and will bench Luiz this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jodera:
Ozil says he's an arsenal player who still has a contract and he says he wants to finish it.
Arsenal says they don't need ozil and that he must go...(as they no longer want his services)
Ozil always reiterates that he's always available and would love to play for arsenal wen called upon.

Arsenal or Ozil?

I mean, if you don't want to play a player in the league, how about europa league and cup competition?
He can be used for cup depth instead of just freezing him out. I know his wage is much, but then he just have only 1 yr on his contract.
If the situation is turned, (the club needing him and Ozil saying he wants to go while under contract), I'm sure most of us will call him traitor.
I understands your POV bro but there are some things going on within that we the fans may not know. We all know Ozil is kinda egoistic. Maybe he failed to adhere to the coach's instructions in training or he exhibited his usual 'I can't kill myself' attitude.
To be frank,our current formation and playing pattern can not accommodate him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

It's obvious the frog eyes is at fault now, even if arsenal were at fault before.
3 managers complained about him haba
Thunder fire wengay for put us in this mess
I know ozil might be at fault, but then I've this feeling it is more than Arteta's power not to put him. There's something clearly wrong somewhere.
Arteta who loved him before the pandemic suddenly just started not putting him in the squad (not bench o). He was clearly in our first team during Arteta's time before the pandemic, how he suddenly just got frozen out is what I don't understand.
I feel ozil too knows, that's why he's frustrating their efforts. But I feel the club should just look for a way, even if it's only carabao cup and fa cup sef, then it's better. At least he gets to play his money and we'll get to see ozil. All these intended freezing out of ozil doesn't make sense one bit
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jodera:

Arsenal or Ozil?

You must look at it based on context.

Ozil has had disciplinary issues with the club. Right now Arsenal is selling to raise funds for future developments. We have sold Martinez and soon Torriera, Sead, and Socrates may leave too. We are selling these because we can't assure them of first team football, and they have agreed to leave for the sake of their career and the club.

Last season Ozil hardly kicked a ball due to his situation with the club, why would he choose such path again this season?

If a player chooses to leave the club will only demand a fee, but why would a player refuse to move even when the club has clearly stated he is not needed around?

Don't get me wrong, I have stated here that I would rather we reconcile with him and use him because I feel he is our most creative player. But if for any reason Arteta won't use him and there are other options he can take, why punish himself just to punish the club?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
mostob:
I understands your POV bro but there are some things going on within that we the fans may not know. We all know Ozil is kinda egoistic. Maybe he failed to adhere to the coach's instructions in training or he exhibited his usual 'I can't kill myself' attitude.
To be frank,our current formation and playing pattern can not accommodate him.
I solemnly agree with this cos even I wouldn't want ozil in the first 11.

But I feel he can be good enough for cup competitions and Europa(group stage). Totally freezing him out cos he wants to "honour" his contract is unfair.

Moreover, I don't think it's his attitude that caused it. Before the pandemic, he and Arteta were very close. On many situation, Arteta talked how ozil was important to the team. How that changed so instantly is beyond me. Ozil himself acknowledged that Arteta didn't even give him any reason nor talk to him before freezing him out of the squad.

Me I'm thinking it's from the "ogas at the top" who wants to punish him for maybe not agreeing to cut down his wage due to corona issues
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jodera:
I know ozil might be at fault, but then I've this feeling it is more than Arteta's power not to put him. There's something clearly wrong somewhere.
Arteta who loved him before the pandemic suddenly just started not putting him in the squad (not bench o). He was clearly in our first team during Arteta's time before the pandemic, how he suddenly just got frozen out is what I don't understand.
I feel ozil too knows, that's why he's frustrating their efforts. But I feel the club should just look for a way, even if it's only carabao cup and fa cup sef, then it's better. At least he gets to play his money and we'll get to see ozil. All these intended freezing out of ozil doesn't make sense one bit
Bro the squad, management and even fans don't want him again....he's like a cancer
Don't forget ozil contributed to Ramsey issue and also mhki complained about same thing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
@iamoyindamola see Ur guy dey wish u Barka Jumat....u dey talk Haram for Here tongue

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jodera:
I solemnly agree with this cos even I wouldn't want ozil in the first 11.

But I feel he can be good enough for cup competitions and Europa(group stage). Totally freezing him out cos he wants to "honour" his contract is unfair.

Moreover, I don't think it's his attitude that caused it. Before the pandemic, he and Arteta were very close. On many situation, Arteta talked how ozil was important to the team. How that changed so instantly is beyond me. Ozil himself acknowledged that Arteta didn't even give him any reason nor talk to him before freezing him out of the squad.

Me I'm thinking it's from the "ogas at the top" who wants to punish him for maybe not agreeing to cut down his wage due to corona issues
Your last paragraph might be the main reason.
Anyway, we are just one game into the season, let us just observe as e dey go...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
Spy360:

You must look at it based on context.

Ozil has had disciplinary issues with the club. Right now Arsenal is selling to raise funds for future developments. We have sold Martinez and soon Torriera, Sead, and Socrates may leave too. We are selling these because we can't assure them of first team football, and they have agreed to leave for the sake of their career and the club.

Last season Ozil hardly kicked a ball due to his situation with the club, why would he choose such path again this season?

If a player chooses to leave the club will only demand a fee, but why would a player refuse to move even when the club has clearly stated he is not needed around?

Don't get me wrong, I have stated here that I would rather we reconcile with him and use him because I feel he is our most creative player. But if for any reason Arteta won't use him and there are other options he can take, why punish himself just to punish the club?
You're right tho...
I agree with you..

Esp with the bolded.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
mostob:
Your last paragraph might be the main reason.
Anyway, we are just one game into the season, let us just observe as e dey go...
Yeah... That's my thoughts cos it's just so sudden and abnormal

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
He might be included in the Europa Squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Bro the squad, management and even fans don't want him again....he's like a cancer
Don't forget ozil contributed to Ramsey issue and also mhki complained about same thing
Ah...
Please what did mkhi complain, maybe I missed that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jodera:
Ah...
Please what did mkhi complain, maybe I missed that
He complained about how some are just earning higher without working hard, maybe it's part of his drop in form no one knows
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:
@iamoyindamola see Ur guy dey wish u Barka Jumat....u dey talk Haram for Here tongue
He they do am for camera ni jare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Why Madrid jersey? Honouring the contract my foot. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

He complained about how some are just earning higher without working hard, maybe it's part of his drop in form no one knows
lol... Maybe!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
mostob:
grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
mostob:
Ozil was our sterling signing, our talisman until things started going south. He should be captain not Auba. But instead at a time Auba is heading towards legendary status, Ozil is being thrown out like a piece of old newspaper.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
Spy360:

Ozil was our sterling signing, our talisman until things started going south. He should be captain not Auba. But instead at a time Auba is heading towards legendary status, Ozil is being thrown out like a piece of old newspaper.
Ozil? captain?
Just tell me you're joking.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
mostob:
Exactly
Why Madrid jersey
The guy is one big motherfucking hypocrite
A shameless one at that
Jodera remember that China case too it's part of it

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Exactly
Why Madrid jersey
The guy is one big motherfucking hypocrite
A shameless one at that
Jodera remember that China case too it's part of it
Lol... Yeah. I remember oo. I believe all those things add to it. And him too, him no dey try
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
Runar Alex Runarsson has arrived at London Colney to finalise his move to Arsenal and meet his new team-mates. @Charles_watts
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2020
David Moyes: "If you win two trophies in six weeks you will be high on confidence.
Mikel has done a brilliant job in a short time so we have to give him credit for that, and our job is to go there and ensure he does't have an easy time. We'll go there looking to win."

''Mikel was always slightly different. He came from a good background of football. He's seen both sides of things.

Mikel has changed the mindset of the players at Arsenal, he knows that to be a good team you have to be good on the ball, but do the other side of it too.''
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
David James (ex-#mcfc & #lfc): “I think Arteta’s got an opportunity with a gifted squad to go all the way [win the PL]. There’s no reason why they can’t do it, other than Manchester City & Liverpool reproducing the sort of form they’ve been doing over the last two years.” [Mail] https:///EDrZhGEdyY
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Torreira to Athletico Madrid?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
Kbs468:
Torreira to Athletico Madrid?
Holy shít
I swear atletico will be one force, oya they should swap with partey then make I get one liga club I they support
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2020
mostob:
Ozil? captain? Just tell me you're joking.
I am joking...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

To be sincere you are right
Xhaka is not just good enough abeg

Watching Xhaka starting for Arsenal gonna gives me hope I can make it also if I'm into football...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Akinbahm:

Watching Xhaka starting for Arsenal gonna gives me hope I can make it also if I'm into football...
lol
Same here, I'm always scared seeing him around defence area. He's one pass away from committing error.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:
lol
Same here, I'm always scared seeing him around defence area. He's one pass away from committing error.

He has improved though nd good enough as a squad player...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (3547) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.