Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,437 members, 7,850,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2352120 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2020
Houssem Aouar has just put up a selfie on Instagram on himself wearing a Joe Willock hoodie. Has to mean something. https:///GlUGxI1HDs

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2020
Kbs468:
Houssem Aouar has just put up a selfie on Instagram on himself wearing a Joe Willock hoodie. Has to mean something. https:///GlUGxI1HDs
Arsenal fans sha!!! Even if the guy joins, he can't change anything. He is an average player. I am really sorry for Arsenal. Liverpool and Chelsea are making reasonable signings while my darling club United and this asshole arsenal just dey fumble.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2020
What about Manchester United that you support grin grin
Obsession go soon kill some people
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:59am On Sep 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:
What about Manchester United that you support grin grin
Obsession go soon kill some people

Just ignore that one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ok...

So I recently watched arsenal 2003/2004 matches (extended highlights of all of them), and then I realize how far football has changed(as a whole, not just arsenal).

Football, I believe was suppose to be an art and entertainment(more of good individuals), but with the way things are now, it's all about the system(less of good individuals).

The team of 2003/2004 has a lot of creative players. Aside bergkamp(which is the obvious king), Vieira, Henry, Pires, Gilberto Silva were creative and exciting to watch. Football those days were exciting, as they were less boring game and nothing like low block defending.

But now, you see a player who's really creative sitting on the bench for a player who knows how to run around on the pitch.
You'll see a player who knows how to dribble(winger) sitting on the bench for one who knows how to defend(winger).
The game changed from art/entertainment to system/result driven at all cost. While I'm not begrudging the change, but I feel it makes football less entertaining unlike what we have 10-15years ago. The species of rosicky and bergkamp are going into extinction for the species of xhaka and elneny.

What is your view guys...
I would love to hear from some of you guys.

Spy360, Roland17, kokaneprodigy, iamoyindamola, Blueraydick , mostob, KBS, Akinbahm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
I like the type of signings liverpool is making just classic0> thiago alacantra
Diego jota
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
IZUKWU:
Diego jota
Klopp like them versatile type of players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
IZUKWU:
Diego jota

Fkhalifah once scouted for Diego Jota here b4 someone quoted him back saying Jota ko souvenir ni...

This liverpool team make I no talk b4 they tag me hater also.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
Akinbahm:

Fkhalifah once scouted for Diego Jota here b4 someone quoted him back saying Jota ko souvenir ni...

This liverpool team make I no talk b4 they tag me hater also.
Lol... Nothing to tag as hater here na. Who wan drag you?

More so, nobody outrightly criticized jota like that oo, what most was clamouring for was that Emery is the one making the players look bad and not that we've that kinda bad players the way it was made to be then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
Ok...

So I recently watched arsenal 2003/2004 matches (extended highlights of all of them), and then I realize how far football has changed(as a whole, not just arsenal).

Football, I believe was suppose to be an art and entertainment(more of good individuals), but with the way things are now, it's all about the system(less of good individuals).

The team of 2003/2004 has a lot of creative players. Aside bergkamp(which is the obvious king), Vieira, Henry, Pires, Gilberto Silva were creative and exciting to watch. Football those days were exciting, as they were less boring game and nothing like low block defending.

But now, you see a player who's really creative sitting on the bench for a player who knows how to run around on the pitch.
You'll see a player who knows how to dribble(winger) sitting on the bench for one who knows how to defend(winger).
The game changed from art/entertainment to system/result driven at all cost. While I'm not begrudging the change, but I feel it makes football less entertaining unlike what we have 10-15years ago. The species of rosicky and bergkamp are going into extinction for the species of xhaka and elneny.

Spy360, Roland17, kokaneprodigy, iamoyindamola, Blueraydick , mostob, KBS, Akinbahm

I get Ur point, but creativity in football is relative. Football has moved beyond having some slicky-ass player handed your number 10 role....Now u need players who would do the running here and there and won't mind getting their hands dirty.

I understand football is an art, but what we have today with players like De Bruyne and Co is itself an art. The Era of shaku shaku has gone....Now we have defenders who would take u out,bind u to a stretcher for months if u try to make a move they see coming.

While I understand the nostalgia that comes with watching those matches and seeing how free-flowing football is played to coast arsenal or man utd to EPL victory, truth must be told that that Era is long gone. Most EPL teams now have money to set up a team to at least make that almost impossible for u to do. A case in point is Loserpool and man city beating us silly about 2 to 3 years ago; now see with the advent of a coach like Arteta he knows fire for fire won't get u anywhere....Now he just sits, strategize and try to counter whatever they are bringing to the table.with right players. He's not trying to match them strength for strength, rather make life difficult for them to achieve what they set out to achieve
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
Ok...

I got your point bro. Infact I recently watch the 2006 WC match between France and Brazil.. One reason for the change is the revolution in coaching. There was a time Ferguson,Wenger,Mourinho,Martino et al were dominating but now younger coaches with crazy tactics have evolved..we have Julian,Pep,Arteta and so on.
These young coaches came with new ideas and inventions which totally eliminate some arts of football we usually noticed many years ago.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I get Ur point, but creativity in football is relative. Football has moved beyond having some slicky-ass player handed your number 10 role....Now u need players who would do the running here and there and won't mind getting their hands dirty.

I understand football is an art, but what we have today with players like De Bruyne and Co is itself an art. The Era of shaku shaku has gone....Now we have defenders who would take u out,bind u to a stretcher for months if u try to make a move they see coming.

While I understand the nostalgia that comes with watching those matches and seeing how free-flowing football is played to coast arsenal or man utd to EPL victory, truth must be told that that Era is long gone. Most EPL teams now have money to set up a team to at least make that almost impossible for u to do. A case in point is Loserpool and man city beating us silly about 2 to 3 years ago; now see with the advent of a coach like Arteta he knows fire for fire won't get u anywhere....Now he just sits, strategize and try to counter whatever they are bringing to the table.with right players. He's not trying to match them strength for strength, rather make life difficult for them to achieve what they set out to achieve
Nice point, bro.
It's true, teams have upgraded unlike before
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
Ok...

Very good write up, I agree totally and to add to what bluraydick said.
We now have smaller teams competing with the big boys in the transfer Market which wasn't so before.
We have some over hyped players sold at an alarming high rate and so on.
Football now evolve from art/entertainment to business oriented
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
mostob:
I got your point bro. Infact I recently watch the 2006 WC match between France and Brazil.. One reason for the change is the revolution in coaching. There was a time Ferguson,Wenger,Mourinho,Martino et al were dominating but now younger coaches with crazy tactics have evolved..we have Julian,Pep,Arteta and so on.
These young coaches came with new ideas and inventions which totally eliminate some arts of football we usually noticed many years ago.
. Yeah..
But I thought the crazy tactics will make the game more entertaining than before.
But if you look now, it's less entertaining.

I remember during lvg era in man u stint, he emphasizes on pass pass pass. With the way he was emphasizing on his pass and his "filosofi" I'm tempted to think then that he normally uses mathematical calculation to know the passes and pass distance each player must make. Lol
Also, I remember him giving a room that attackers must trap (or take a touch) before taking a shot. All these are the systems I'm talking about. I remember man u played one of the most boring football in EPL then even though they finished 5th. But I get your point tho...

By the way, who's Martino??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Very good write up, I agree totally and to add to what bluraydick said.
We now have smaller teams competing with the big boys in the transfer Market which wasn't so before.
We have some over hyped players sold at an alarming high rate and so on.
Football now evolve from art/entertainment to business oriented
Nothing dey pain me reach that bolded up there...
Person will just shine for half season, price tag will be on top his head like 100m.
Even if the person is talented, 8/10 of such will flop. And I think that's another factor that add to it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
. Yeah..
But I thought the crazy tactics will make the game more entertaining than before.
But if you look now, it's less entertaining.

I remember during lvg era in man u stint, he emphasizes on pass pass pass. With the way he was emphasizing on his pass and his "filosofi" I'm tempted to think then that he normally uses mathematical calculation to know the passes and pass distance each player must make. Lol
Also, I remember him giving a room that attackers must trap (or take a touch) before taking a shot. All these are the systems I'm talking about. I remember man u played one of the most boring football in EPL then even though they finished 5th. But I get your point tho...

By the way, who's Martino??
I think the emtertainment aspect has to do with the league. Serie A is more entertaining than EPL. IMO
Tata Martino, former Barca coach. He took charge after Villanova i think .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
mostob:
I think the emtertainment aspect has to do with the league. Serie A is more entertaining than EPL. IMO
Tata Martino, former Barca coach. He took charge after Villanova i think .
my opinion tho, I think German league is the most entertaining. Seria A I watched like 2 different ones, I almost sleep. Lol.

Tata Martino ke? Since after guardiola, no better coach bin coach barca. Maybe Tito(may his soul RIP) would have been, but aside that, the rest are just average Jones. Enrique was lucky he met peak MSN to guide them to treble.
Martino, that one dey use cane pursue for barca... Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
my opinion tho, I think German league is the most entertaining. Seria A I watched like 2 different ones, I almost sleep. Lol.

Tata Martino ke? Since after guardiola, no better coach bin coach barca. Maybe Tito(may his soul RIP) would have been, but aside that, the rest are just average Jones. Enrique was lucky he met peak MSN to guide them to treble.
Martino, that one dey use cane pursue for barca... Lol
Yea, Burndisleaguedown too grin
I was actually using him as an example of old coaches not talking about his prowess.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
mostob:
I was actually using him as an example of old coaches not talking about his prowess.
oh.. Ok.
You put him in the midst of their fergie and mourinho na why I talk na...

But no mind me, I get your point tho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
oh.. Ok. You put him in the midst of their fergie and mourinho na why I talk na...
But no mind me, I get your point tho
Ok my man... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
mostob:
I can't watch any other league because I end up swearing for the useless defenders they parade.
I think EPL is the most entertaining, la Liga is the worst IMO

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
Ok...

We are just being realistic now and going straight to the point, it’s all about the money and results fetch this money as the sport is more competitive now.

Same applies to business world no one really gives a Bleep about ur PhD or Masters it’s about the results u can deliver to the business. Reason we have CEOs of multinationals with just Bsc running the show nowadays.

We follow the money now and results is the route to the money.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
Ok...

Yes the era of creativity has passed. But who are responsible? The fans and the board.

The past managers loved the free flowing football and only wanted to win through that philosophy. It was those feelings that made us loved Arsenal as we transitioned from the effective boring boring Arsenal to the Arsenal we came to love.

Then came Abrahamovic and Mourinho and the love for good football gave way for the love for titles.

You begin to hear Arsenal and United fans whine about titles while Chelsea fans turn their backs on good football.

Mr Wenger, et al lost their jobs because they chose to stick with their old philosophy. They lost 6-0 to a defensive characterless Chelsea. They were wrong because things have changed, fans no longer wanted good football, they only wanted to win.

Yet I believe that some day the hunger for good football will rise again over the hunger for winning. And managers like Mourinho will lose relevance now that fans are restricted to attend matches even the more.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Bale and reguion
NLD just gets bigger and better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

We are just being realistic now and going straight to the point, it’s all about the money and results fetch this money as the sport is more competitive now.

Same applies to business world no one really gives a Bleep about ur PhD or Masters it’s about the results u can deliver to the business. Reason we have CEOs of multinationals with just Bsc running the show nowadays.

We follow the money now and results is the route to the money.
Lol... EOD!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
Spy360:

Yes the era of creativity has passed. But who are responsible? The fans and the board.

The past managers loved the free flowing football and only wanted to win through that philosophy. It was those feelings that made us loved Arsenal as we transitioned from the effective boring boring Arsenal to the Arsenal we came to love.

Then came Abrahamovic and Mourinho and the love for good football gave way for the love for titles.

You begin to hear Arsenal and United fans whine about titles while Chelsea fans turn their backs on good football.

Mr Wenger, et al lost their jobs because they chose to stick with their old philosophy. They lost 6-0 to a defensive characterless Chelsea. They were wrong because things have changed, fans no longer wanted good football, they only wanted to win.

Yet I believe that some day the hunger for good football will rise again over the hunger for winning. And managers like Mourinho will lose relevance now that fans are restricted to attend matches even the more.
Make sense. But I believed Wenger was his own undoing. While he wanted to maintain his philosophy, he didn't go for personnel that has 100% attributes of what he wanted. His players aren't strong enough, thereby bullying is sure on the pitch. If he'd sorted that, I think all those cricket scores we won't have received them. But, then I get your point generally.

At the bolded, I tend to disagree with that, as long as money and title is still the main focus, I doubt fans will crave that good football back over the hunger for winning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
Make sense. But I believed Wenger was his own undoing. While he wanted to maintain his philosophy, he didn't go for personnel that has 100% attributes of what he wanted. His players aren't strong enough, thereby bullying is sure on the pitch. If he'd sorted that, I think all those cricket scores we won't have received them. But, then I get your point generally.

At the bolded, I tend to disagree with that, as long as money and title is still the main focus, I doubt fans will crave that good football back over the hunger for winning.
I stated same about Wenger. Part of his (and indeed the philosophy of the old) was to win with inbred players. Mourinho changed the dynamics by buying a team of already developed players.

It's a belief howbeit a weak one but hopefully that good football will one day thrive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Bale and reguion
NLD just gets bigger and better
This season will just be amazing sha
Everybody dey vex.
I read that Arteta says they sold Martinez (like he was sacrificed) in order to get our targets. So hopefully, I'm expecting partey(at least).

If we can get partey, then I'll say I'm fully ready for this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jodera:
This season will just be amazing sha
Everybody dey vex.
I read that Arteta says they sold Martinez (like he was sacrificed) in order to get our targets. So hopefully, I'm expecting partey(at least).

If we can get partey, then I'll say I'm fully ready for this season
That's the truth, I read it too
I just hope we get partey and the aourar guy
We need squad depth, Smith should be playing Europa and caraboa.
None of our first team should be playing other cups for now, champions League is a must next season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:

That's the truth, I read it too
I just hope we get partey and the aourar guy
We need squad depth, Smith should be playing Europa and caraboa.
None of our first team should be playing other cups for now, champions League is a must next season
I swear, how I Miss champions league. Even if we no get the aourar guy, I won't be too disturbed like that. Aside smith(whom I see is a long way off the first team), we have ceballos and Willian who can play that role. Except we shift to 4231 then Am might be needed, but not needed like that cos of the players I mentioned above. But if it's still the 3 at the back, then I believe we're loaded in that midfield base.

There's a reason I login everyday here looking for KBS post... grin grin.
Na partey I just dey find, weda any goodnews go dey..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ceballos is back!!!
Nice line up

(1) (2) (3) ... (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.