Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2352152 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kbs468:
Chelsea are interested in Arsenal midfielder Mattéo Guendouzi, the Gunners have asked for one of two players in exchange. N'Golo Kanté or Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea have said no any deal with Kante. #AFC #CFC

We will keep you posted on any developments. #Transfers https:///ccKXsmfLiZ
From frypan to fire
I am beginning to question credibility of your news angry
Odoi ke
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
Few local reports in Rome stating Lazio manager Filippo Inzaghi has chosen Mustafi. Lazio willing to offer up to €10m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:
From frypan to fire I am beginning to question credibility of your news angry Odoi ke
There is no need for you to question anything.

it's because the news is just at the speculative stage though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kbs468:
Chelsea are interested in Arsenal midfielder Mattéo Guendouzi, the Gunners have asked for one of two players in exchange. N'Golo Kanté or Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea have said no any deal with Kante. #AFC #CFC

We will keep you posted on any developments. #Transfers https:///ccKXsmfLiZ
They should give us Kovacic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
Spy360:

Clubs know we are offloading. So it's like they are doing us a favour clearing our deadwood.

Let's just add Torriera to the Partey deal and some cash. Forget his worth.

Kola will fetch us more than Mustafi. LBs who speak German are rare.
OK na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2020
Spy360:

A good thing would have been to play Gabriel in that position. But I'd prefer he changed the entire formation and include another midfielder.

Since Willian can play the AM role, he only needed to draft in Pepe/Saka on the left wing. Then let Kolasinac stick to his LB role.

He was just confused about what he needed to do or where he needed to be. It even made Saka struggle. Saka only redeemed himself with that wicked pass for Ceballos to assist Nketiah.
Yeah.. The 4 at the back formation is good too, if Willian can effectively play that Am.
But what I don't want is to see kola in arsenal team against Liverpool. He's not suited for the 4man defence or 3man defence.
I just don't want to see him, I wish dey could just sell him before anybody sef.

If you're talking of options, there's Niles in the squad. Niles and everybody and anybody is better than kola.
If kola starts against Liverpool, I'm not sure I'll watch the match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
mostob:
They should give us Kovacic.
we ahould ask them for money, must we take their players ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
report are flying in that wolves are set to biy semendo from Barcelona for €40million but these same wolves said they cant buy AMN for €25million

na thuda go fire those Portuguese cunt fro wolves undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
kodded:
report are flying in that wolves are set to biy semendo from Barcelona for €40million but these same wolves said they cant buy AMN for €25million

They should buy semedo na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by timay(m): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
kodded:

Shebi Semedo and Niles are mate na? Arsenal fans sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
Growing optimism at Lazio. Arsenal willing to lower their price to €12m-€13m for Mustafi. Lazio have offered close to €10m in the last hour.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
kodded:

Come to think of it, Semedo is Portuguese.....

Wolves pay outrageous prices for Portuguese players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
Spy360:

For a team as Arsenal I would not want a Thiago type at the base of our midfield. Roland17 brought to light the type of midfielder he is and since then I lost interest. With need a Partey/Dacoure/Ndidi type.

Thiago will work excellently if we were the dominant side. But we are not so dominant even against smaller teams. And that's the problem Chelsea has whenever they face a top side. Jorginho is poor defensively and hardly provides enough cover for the back four.

Midfielders like Thiago and Jorginho are better fit into dominant sides like Liverpool.

I may have to disagree with you on Thiago. Firstly I would not want to think he would be played at the base of the midfield but rather in a more central and attcaking role. My thoughts are based on the fact that its clear to see that Arteta wants more possesion but he is forced into making adjustments because the likes of Ozil even though they are good offensively , do not offer anything defensively and this puts pressure on a back four without adequate cover because Xhaka lets be honest is doing well under Atrteta but still not the quality we need in that position.

Again Thiago offers key passes in the final third which is a dream for any attacker which we are currently blessed with and his willing to also press in the opposition half as well as get back in defensive position in out own half. I can see why Arteta wants to get Aurora from OM even though im not sure he his as good as thiago.

On the Jorginho case, i simply do not understand why he he being played at the base of the midfield when he has good delivery of the ball. It amuse me that coaches would rather push Kante forward and leave him behind when imho believe he should be pushed further up. The guy his one of the better passers of the ball in world football and just like ozil, you cannot rely on him defensively when the is heavy offensive pressure on the backline. This myth of him being like a quarter back is garbage and i'd like to see a coach actually push him further forward to see what difference that makes.

Back to the thiago matter and the issue of dominance. Again the type of player you have on your squad will determine the level of dominance and i make bold to say that a player like Thiago can easily make you a dominant force especially under the coaching of someone like Arteta who has learnt under Pep. The tables are instantly turned even though we still need to get an enforcer to cover the back four, we can be sure that we have someone who will give us a lion share of the possession over the course of 90 mins. It just automatically makes teams setup for the counter against us

Liverpool to be honest have done brilliantly with that recruitment and over the course of this season, im sure we will have this discussion as to why this was a win for liverpool even though i belive if we get our intended targets we can match them as well.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
timay:

shey na 40m we say mk dem buy Niles?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kbs468:
Growing optimism at Lazio. Arsenal willing to lower their price to €12m-€13m for Mustafi. Lazio have offered close to €10m in the last hour.
We should collect that money before they change their mind o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
timay:

semendo is in the same level with cedric soarez, and cedix is not our 2nd choice RB undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
DEAL DONE: Arsenal have signed goalkeeper Alex Runarsson on a four-year contract from French club Dijon for around £1.6m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
Eawwal:
DEAL DONE: Arsenal have signed goalkeeper Alex Runarsson on a four-year contract from French club Dijon for around £1.6m.
He should be behind the sticks on Wednesday
We don't really need caraboa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:
He should be behind the stick on Wednesday We don't really need caraboa

I think so... He's been training with the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
Eawwal:

I think so... He's been training with the team.
Good but 1.3m is way cheap
I need to check him on YouTube but it's a good deal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Martinez saved penalty on his debut, this guy is going up in a matter of years.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
Welcome Runarsson!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Good but 1.3m is way cheap I need to check him on YouTube but it's a good deal

Don't get your hope high as regards his ability.
He's the second choice GK at Dijon.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:

His level of confidence is above the roof right now and he is motivated by his goal to become No 1 for Argentina.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Nice one.

His all round play is better than Leno IMO. I prefer him to Leno, not taking anything away from Leno's ability.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
Eawwal:

Don't get your hope high as regards his ability.

He's the second choice GK at Dijon.
2nd choice shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
Roland17:

His level of confidence is above the roof right now and he is motivated by his goal to become No 1 for Argentina.
I'm just happy for this guy at the moment, he's getting his respect and recognition gradually
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Eawwal:

Nice one.

His all round play is better than Leno IMO. I prefer him to Leno, not taking anything away from Leno's ability.
Leno is good too just his build up play and areal ball command I don't like
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:

2nd choice shocked

He played less than 11-14 matches last season.

Arsenal signed him on the advice of our present GK coach, Inaki Cana. He's coached him before.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Leno is good too just his build up play and areal ball command I don't like

He fumbles at aerial balls, his mistake at Chelsea comes to mind. I feel more confident with Martinez in Goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
Eawwal:

He played less than 11-14 matches last season.

Arsenal signed him on the advice of our present GK coach, Inaki Cana. He's coached him before.
Lmao cheesy grin
If Leno get injury na oh God we put for post, they could just train macey well instead.
What I know is Leno won't keep on Wednesday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
it's official Runar Alex Runarsson has become a Gunner from today

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.