Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,650 members, 7,865,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2364447 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
wonlasewonimi:
Ngbo coogar? are you saying he is a broke ass ninja? cheesy

think about it.....he said he knew bayern would win 3-1 and 4-1 home and away as far back as december and yet he couldn't take my offer. who do you think is broke amongst me and dayokanu? seriously!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
coogar:

think about it.....he said he knew bayern would win 3-1 and 4-1 home and away as far back as december and yet he couldn't take my offer. who do you think is broke amongst me and dayokanu? seriously!

Not too late

Bayern beats Arsenal in Munich regardless of line up. Actually Boateng, Badstuber and Schweinsteiger at least would be missing

Set your $1000 now.

Im not hopeful though cos I know you would come up with another excuse as usual
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
debosky:

Slow your roll bro. . . .it's not over - YET.

There'll be more than enough time for you to gloat IF you finish the job in Munich.
Trust me the average Bayern fan would and should not gloat about beating Arsenal same way Spain would not gloat about beating Burkina Faso. Na una mouth facilitate all this yarns
Even your perennial taskmasters Man United are our subordinates in Europe never mind Arsenal

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
dayokanu:
Not too late
Bayern beats Arsenal in Munich regardless of line up. Actually Boateng, Badstuber and Schweinsteiger at least would be missing

Set your $1000 now.
Im not hopeful though cos I know you would come up with another excuse as usual

of course, bayern would now win.
wenger is sending his reserve team to munich. he has given up on it and he would like to concentrate on finishing in the top four to qualify for the champions league next season. you think you are smart! if you were super-confident in the first leg, you would be $1000 richer now - but your balls vaporised when you needed em the most!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
It was a very sad and disappointing night, Bayern were not exciting but they played to a perfect plan, which was to score an early goal which would destabilize the team and they took it from there.

Was Dante, Alaba and Martinez breathtaking like Dayo hypes them like the second coming of Maldini, Lizarazu and Makelele? HECK NO, we did not exploit that weak Bayern defense, we lack depth and i dare say Jack swept and controlled the Midfield last night, they could not cope with his pace, control and pass, but where was the support? Ribery and Kroos had to be taken off very early for more defensive minded Gustavo.

As for Giroud, maybe we would have held on and made it tougher if he started, but i maintain my stance on his efficiency as a striker, its below average, comparable to Adebayo's style of play

All in all kudos to Bayern, they deserved the victory, but i doubt they can make it to the final with what i watch last night.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
Roland17: It was a very sad and disappointing night, Bayern were not exciting but they played to a perfect plan, which was to score an early goal which would destabilize the team and they took it from there.

Was Dante, Alaba and Martinez breathtaking like Dayo hypes them like the second coming of Maldini, Lizarazu and Makelele? HECK NO, we did not exploit that weak Bayern defense, we lack depth and i dare say Jack swept and controlled the Midfield last night, they could not cope with his pace, control and pass, but where was the support? Ribery and Kroos had to be taken off very early for more defensive minded Gustavo.

As for Giroud, maybe we would have held on and made it tougher if he started, but i maintain my stance on his efficiency as a striker, its below average, comparable to Adebayo's style of play

All in all kudos to Bayern, they deserved the victory, but i doubt they can make it to the final with what i watch last night.

Dante, Martinez and Alaba were not breathtaking yet they reduced your team to Sunshine stars on the field

First half no single noteworthy shot at goal in front of your own crowd and you think they were not super.

Anyway they didnt even have to break sweat to molest you at home.

If we had been more efficient it should have been like 5-1 The only goal you scored from from a fraudulent corner kick

Play that game 10 times at Emirates we would win 9.

You guys have never been , are not and would never be on our level. Have you checked our meetings all time. Bayern 3 wins 1 draw i loss. We would make it 4 wins in the next 2 weeks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
coogar:

of course, bayern would now win.
wenger is sending his reserve team to munich. he has given up on it and he would like to concentrate on finishing in the top four to qualify for the champions league next season. you think you are smart! if you were super-confident in the first leg, you would be $1000 richer now - but your balls vaporised when you needed em the most!

And what tells you Bayern wont send their reserve team. Na people with cojones like Debo and Ruudie drop their money, Even after the 3-1 loss Ruudie still made good his promise yet you dey here dey run from pillar to post with excuses
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
dayokanu:
And what tells you Bayern wont send their reserve team. Na people with cojones like Debo and Ruudie drop their money, Even after the 3-1 loss Ruudie still made good his promise yet you dey here dey run from pillar to post with excuses

ol' boy, shut up!
you had your chance to bet bayern would beat arsenal at the emirates but you chickened out citing examples of celtic/barca and borisov/bayern.......you wanted to bet on the final aggregate, i wanted the first leg results and you chickened out. so why are you crying like you lost your incisors in a fist-fight? if you were confident enough it would be a land-slide victory, you would have taken my bet!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
Roland17: It was a very sad and disappointing night, Bayern were not exciting but they played to a perfect plan, which was to score an early goal which would destabilize the team and they took it from there.

Weak Bayern defence?? You guys where gifted a goal by Neuer and you are chanting weak defense
Jack swept and controlled the midfield yet he didn't create a single chance! Not even one! Yall better teach that boy how to be more efficient
Taking Ribery and Kroos out for Gustavo was a tactical switch something your coach knows nothing about. After two away goals what was left for Ribery and Kroos to do?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
A-40:

Weak Bayern defence?? You guys where gifted a goal by Neuer and you are chanting weak defense
Jack swept and controlled the midfield yet he didn't create a single chance! Not even one! Yall better teach that boy how to be more efficient
Taking Ribery and Kroos out for Gustavo was a tactical switch something your coach knows nothing about. After two away goals what was left for Ribery and Kroos to do?

You really overestimate the knowledge of GAYYners.

Jack controlled which midfield?

Corner kicks Arsenal 2 bayern 8 (Quadriple aka 4 times)
Goal attempt Arsenal 10 Bayern 17 (Almost double)
Shot on target Arsenal 3 Bayern 6 (Exactly double)

Thats the stat showing JACk controlled the midfield, Jack Daniels, Dagogo Jack, or Michael JACKson which one?

I give that you beat Bayern in Yellow card 5-3 and Offside
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
coogar:

ol' boy, shut up!
you had your chance to bet bayern would beat arsenal at the emirates but you chickened out citing examples of celtic/barca and borisov/bayern.......you wanted to bet on the final aggregate, i wanted the first leg results and you chickened out. so why are you crying like you lost your incisors in a fist-fight? if you were confident enough it would be a land-slide victory, you would have taken my bet!

A bet on the final aggregate is what makes sense. And many posters already called you out on your cowardice and inability to back put your money where your mouth is.

Have you gone to collect your winnings from William Hill?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wonlasewonimi: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
dayokanu:

A bet on the final aggregate is what makes sense. And many posters already called you out on your cowardice and inability to back put your money where your mouth is.

Take it easy on coogar £500 on williamhill no be small thing..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats the stat showing JACk controlled the midfield, Jack Daniels, Dagogo Jack, or Michael JACKson which one?

grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
dayokanu:

you are a tool....
if you believed your team would maul arsenal home and away then you should have taken my bet - but you chickened out. endofstory! the fact that you cited celtic vs barcelona example suggested you were not sure bayern would win yesterday!

of course, wilshere murdered the bayern midfield - i cannot count the number of times martinez was running to catch up with wilshere. unfortunately, wilshere was the only central midfielder that performed on the night - arteta and ramsey were shyte throughout!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
dayokanu:

I was just being sarcastic! Who is Jack Wilshere in the committee of top European midfielders? He still has a long way to go! A lot of people get fooled by a few driving runs here and there and start screaming world class. I only hope the lad is not starting to believe his own hype
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
A-40:

I was just being sarcastic! Who is Jack Wilshere in the committee of top European midfielders? He still has a long way to go! A lot of people get fooled by a few driving runs here and there and start screaming world class. I only hope the lad is not starting to believe his own hype

Just the way we were made to believe Hleb was world class, Song was World class, Sagna was world class. Even Bundesliga rejects like Per Merte and Poldi and now branded as world class
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
DK, payment confirmed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Arsenal should take notes from AC Milan on how a big club conducts itself even when on it's knees. Arsenal are the only big club who dont show any fighting spirit or defensive nous when facing better opposition. Winning is a mentality that left Arsenal when Wenger started his tiki taka experiment in 2005. The old Arsenal type counterattacking players like Gilberto Silva, Vieira, Manu Petit would have won a trophy by now even if Arsenal is financially hamstrung, but the tiki taka type midfielders that replaced em can't be relied to see off a game even for 45 minutes against Birmingham in Capital One Cup.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ibime: Arsenal should take notes from AC Milan on how a big club conducts itself even when on it's knees. Arsenal are the only big club who dont show any fighting spirit or defensive nous when facing better opposition. .

dayokanu: Arsenal is not a team that knows how to bunker and their defence is not great either. Vermalean, Kolscieny Mertersacker Gibbs, Jenkinson and Sagna vs Robbery, Gomez, Mandzukic, Muller, Kroos, Bayern smash it

Midfield, Martinez, Schweini, Gustavo Kroos vs Arteta, Cazorla,Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Gervinho - Bayern wins that battle

Giroud, Poldi, Walcott vs Alaba, Lahm, Dante. If we had Boateng I would have been more confident but I think we can cope, Hopefully Dante doesnt get a card in Emirates

My expectations

[size=14pt]Arsenal 1 Bayern 3[/size]

Bayern 4 Arsenal 1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2013
Ibime: Arsenal should take notes from AC Milan on how a big club conducts itself even when on it's knees. Arsenal are the only [size=18pt]big club[/size] who dont show any fighting spirit or defensive nous when facing better opposition.

i beg ur pardon.. respectfully disagree with the bolded
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2013
The truth is the game was just like a 5yr old fighting/struggling with his 40yr old father who is actually making a phone call. You could see the GENUINE effort Arsenal was exerting in the game and Bayern never seemed to enter the 4th gear only occasionally going to the 3rd gear.

Arsenal is a disgrace!!! Arsene is even a bigger disgrace and the board are/is the biggest disgrace putting everything in to consideration.

The mediocrity in that club is of monumental proportions. One can't give what they don't have, those players from what I saw gave their best and were committed and motivated to win that game, but there best was absofuckingly not good enough. A player like wilshere will start questioning his the fact that if he can play his heart out and see that everyone is also committed but still can't make head way, then what's the use.

They need a miracle at the allianz.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2013
Chelsea, Celtic and Just Lastnite Milan did the Ultra Modern Men-behind-Ball against Barca and Won the game.

Why wouldn't Wenger do same against Bayern? He went all out with the attacking players believing Scoring loads in Emirate would put u guys on pole position -- Stale Tactician
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2013
IT is the most devastating verdict on the way Arsene Wenger runs Arsenal. Ever.

[size=18pt]Former Gunners star Stewart Robson spent five years at the club as a player and seven years as a summariser for Arsenal TV before leaving last summer.[/size]

He did not just slam Wenger and the board for not spending big on players and lacking real ambition to give fans trophies. Far from it.
Robson accused:

- Wenger of not coaching the current players properly and blocking No 2 Steve Bould from working with the defence.

- Majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and £2.1million-a-year chief executive Ivan Gazidis of ignoring the fans’ wishes because they see Arsenal as a cash machine.

- Players of a lack of hunger as they sit on massive wages and all they care about is finishing in the top four to pocket huge bonuses.
Robson said: [size=18pt]“The debate is always about him spending money. But it would be better to analyse why the team is defending abysmally and have no balance.[/size]

“Everything is off the cuff. There is no tactical plan. I see the same mistakes at the back.

“Why are the full-backs always in the wrong positions?

“The fans are screaming for better players but you just have to coach the ones that are here properly.

“Why does Per Mertesacker make the right decision 99 per cent of the time in the German team but not at Arsenal? There is no cohesion in the back four.”

Speaking to German newspaper Suedeutsche Zeitung, Robson did not pull any punches.

He insisted that legendary defender Bould has no role with the Gunners backline.
Robson said: “Steve Bould is not allowed to coach the defence.

“Wenger wants to do everything himself but doesn’t give players any explicit instructions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2013
[size=18pt]“When Barcelona were here a few years ago, Cesc Fabregas was asking the bench after 15 minutes whether he should press centre-backs or he should sit.
“Six months after his move to Barcelona, Fabregas said he was now learning the technical and tactical subtleties of football. What had he been doing before for eight years at Arsenal?”
[/size]

Wenger left his best players out of the FA Cup game against Blackburn and threw them on for the last 19 minutes with the game goalless
Within seconds Colin Kazim-Richards struck Rovers’ winner. Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla and Jack Wilshere went on but did not have enough time to turn things around.

It left Arsene Wenger staring at another trophyless season.

Robson added: “Of course he wants to win the Champions League.

“But did he have to rest half the team against Blackburn? You can maybe do that in the league, where you can make up for a bad result. But not in a cup competition.”

Not for the first time Robson dubbed Wenger a “dictator”.

He added: “He’s untouchable, in complete control of the club and runs the club like a dictator. No one has the authority to fire him. He will go on and keep on overseeing a lack of success.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4805152/Arsene-Wenger-is-a-dictator-prevents-coaching-of-Arsenals-defence.html
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2013
Someone unceremoniously fired from Arsenal and now going around peddling stories is who you choose to believe? Your prerogative I guess - as long as it suits what you already believe. . . confirmation bias and all that ish.

He is so 'knowledgeable' about football the only job he had was a 'summariser' of online commentary at Arsenal FC - not a coach, not even a kit man. cheesy

I don't blame him though, if we were playing well, phools like him wouldn't be given an opportunity to yarn bollocks that people who should know better just swallow.

How someone fired LAST SUMMER (before Bouldy was even appointed) can now come and tell you what happens within the club NOW is quite interesting.

I'll just examine a few of his rubbish claims - players 'earn too much' and aren't motivated, yet they go and earn 2/3 times more at other clubs (see Nasri, Ade etc). I guess Nasri was earning too much to be motivated eh? As for the Mertesacker comment, so Mertesacker becomes a genius with Germany or a simpleton at Arsenal? Even DK wouldn't accept this stupendously mor0nic comment - he'd say Per is simply not a very good player. But hey, lump it all in.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2013
Embittered slowpoke.Robson that is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2013
I did not confirm or comment on the article.

i shared it cause someborry tweeted it and i read it.

and the only parts interesting to me are the bolded portions. and its not like there is no evidence to back dem up, at least we can see how the team performs.

i guess the pro-wenger bias does not encourage/welcome any form of criticsm
[size=18pt]
which is precisely why i have been telling everyone that there is nothing wrong at arsenal.[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2013
4llerbuntu:
and the only parts interesting to me are the bolded portions. and its not like there is no evidence to back dem up, at least we can see how the team performs.

What evidence is there to back up the nonsensical assertion that Per makes right decisions '99 percent of the time with Germany'? Even DK wouldn't agree with this garbage.

What evidence is there that Bould has 'no role' with the Arsenal back 4? Wasn't Bould hailed for the initial defensive improvement? This is the lazy argument of when it works it's someone else responsible, but when it fails it must be Wenger.

What evidence is there that Wenger doesn't 'give players any explicit instructions'?

Like I said, there's nothing wrong in parroting an article that supports your view, but if you claim there is 'evidence' then that's a different matter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
bia 4ller stop screaming jor angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
mukina2: bia 4ller stop screaming jor angry tongue

Go and sit down jare.

Wenger is officially over, now scrap metal, no longer canon material. There's element of truth in that Article. Arsene himself confessed that he plays a major role in the signing and renumeration of players.
And as for the part about Wenger being a dictator, hahahaha, who dash am? You call men like Mourinho and Fergie dictators, not the likes of Wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Daggers drawn out again.
Wenger out
Board out
Squillo,Chamakh,Bendtner,Dennilson out...(Even though they have barely played this season)
Bould no longer the saviour
Wilshere next to leave!
More empty seats at the stadium(yet you can't get to buy season tickets for next season).
70 million promised for Summer spending
SMH
Some things never change
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
HNIC: Daggers drawn out again.
Wenger out
Board out
Squillo,Chamakh,Bendtner,Dennilson out...(Even though they have barely played this season)
Bould no longer the saviour
Wilshere next to leave!
More empty seats at the stadium(yet you can't get to buy season tickets for next season).
70 million promised for Summer spending
SMH
Some things never change
Fuji House of Commotion grin grin with Wenger as Chief Fuji of course

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lush100(m), muyiwa22(m), Caicedobets(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.