Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313332 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) (2270) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
kodded:

We have one of the most disorganized team in the league

Our midfders can't protect defenders, they cant create chances, they cant score goals. All they do is to pass backwards and sideways.

Our attackkers, especially when it is the trio of pepe, abuameayang and lacazette are so disorganized that you have to ask yourself if these guys did trained together.

If not for young saka and ESR we were already showing relegation form last season.
If not for saka and ESR we would either be relegated or at least finished 16/17th. Facts!!

I've never seen arsenal have such a poverty number coming from midfield in my entire support of arsenal. Tueh!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jodera2:

1.. Lol, juventus aren't called Old Ladies for nothing na.
If I call chiellini and thiago Silva old, I'm not wrong. I dunno why you see this as an issue to be honest

2... Yes, pique was slightly above average. Every barca fans knows that. No sentiments!!
32 is the best age to be a defender. Calling Puyol old at that age is an irony.

Every good player is above average. Berating Pique for being above average is a paradox.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jodera2:

1.. Lol, juventus aren't called Old Ladies for nothing na.
If I call chiellini and thiago Silva old, I'm not wrong. I dunno why you see this as an issue to be honest

2... Yes, pique was slightly above average. Every barca fans knows that. No sentiments!!

This thing u dey talk ehn....no be am at all.

Gerrard Pique was the official best defender in là Liga's 2009/ 2010 you claim he was slightly above average

Barca conceded the least number of goals; 24 theirby posting the best defensive record that year, yet u are referring to Puyol as being too old in order to downplay his impact in the team’s success shocked

Even dem Messi will not appreciate this ur post trying to downplay the importance of key players in that great team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This thing u dey talk ehn....no be am at all.

Gerrard Pique was the official best defender in là Liga's 2009/ 2010 you claim he was slightly above average

Barca conceded the least number of goals; 24 theirby posting the best defensive record that year, yet u are referring to Puyol as being too old in order to downplay his impact in the team’s success shocked

Even dem Messi will not appreciate this ur post trying to downplay the importance of key players in that great team.

Spy360:

32 is the best age to be a defender. Calling Puyol old at that age is an irony.

Every good player is above average. Berating Pique for being above average is a paradox.

Alright, I apologize guys, I went overboard on it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
kodded:

We have one of the most disorganized team in the league

Our midfders can't protect defenders, they cant create chances, they cant score goals. All they do is to pass backwards and sideways.

Our attackkers, especially when it is the trio of pepe, abuameayang and lacazette are so disorganized that you have to ask yourself if these guys did trained together.

If not for young saka and ESR we were already showing relegation form last season.
PAL trio is overhyped. It’s all fantasizing that when they play together we’d be great. It can't be even be debated that Saka has outperformed all of them last season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jodera2:
If not for saka and ESR we would either be relegated or at least finished 16/17th. Facts!!

I've never seen arsenal have such a poverty number coming from midfield in my entire support of arsenal. Tueh!!
I just happy say Jerry curl no follow join the mess lass year cheesy...Boda Kokayn would have pinned everything on him all season on here sad
If Arsenal dey serious, all the midfled should have been cleared, only Partey and Smith Rowe should be the only surviving players in that midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
Spy360:

As long as the TW is sti open, the order is immaterial. #fact

So far at the start of season we have all the players we want.

We will talk if he doesn't sign an AM after paying 50m for a defender.

Exactly! I will wait till the end of Aug 31st to question Arteta's judgement.

I want to understand that it might not be easy getting the quality players he want as quickly as he wants them, especially due to our non Europe appearance. I have read how these other Europe bound teams gave us an elbow when we try to compete with them for a player. And it is also not easy buying quality player from an Europe bound team except the rejects and guaranteed bench warmers...

But all these notwithstanding it will be crazy for the window to end without getting a decent AM especially after selling Willock. Fingers crossed, I expect we are going to get an AM, backup keeper and a striker at least before the window closes.

Looks like Aaron Ramsdale will be our next signing...to cost 24m-30m....I think we have money. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
Spy360:

When I said factored it is to say that signing a midfielder to strengthen your defense is similar to signing a defender. All na defense.

Good ebening from this side Mr Spy cool

Bro, BlueRayDick I hail you also for the unrelent(ed) work towards the ministry.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Arsenal have turned those midtable teams that surprisingly beat the big sides,thereby giving fans hope they still hold the big club image.
#Embarrassing!
hearing some fans saying that europa qualifications is the goal this coming season sends shiver to my body.

I really wonder what is so specail about Mikel Arteta because I doubt if Emery would have gotten the same backing arteta is receiving after finishing 8th twice in a row.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I just happy say Jerry curl no follow join the mess lass year cheesy...Boda Kokayn would have pinned everything on him all season on here sad
If Arsenal dey serious, all the midfled should have been cleared, only Partey and Smith Rowe should be the only surviving players in that midfield.
Lol... I tell you

But make we dey watch sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
[quote author=kodded post=104685914]hearing some fans saying that europa qualifications is the goal this coming season sends shiver to my body.

I really wonder what is so specail about Mikel Arteta because I doubt if Emery would have gotten the same backing arteta is receiving after finishing 8th twice in a row.[/quotel]
Fans are again na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
Why did Arsenal sack Emery? The guy is good...

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
ndidibabe:

Arrears of frustration from Wengerball days fell onto Emery, thus the impatience and overbearing chants and attitude.

A critical look will see he was managing with available resources for a team that just changed long term managers like the Man Utd own too. But sack....

And another might just be around the corner.

Who will replace? Popular name? Stale tactician? A nobody? A shoo in? A Wengerball Addict?

Never can tell.

Impatience is justified at Least more than half.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2021
Good morning o , remember you can only see these cups just in one place in London.
We have just one football club in London others are just Uselees boys clubs .. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2021
Akinbahm:

Good ebening from this side Mr Spy cool

Bro, BlueRayDick I hail you also for the unrelent(ed) work towards the ministry.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:37am On Aug 12, 2021
Fkhalifa:

To you, there's no good player in Arsenal. I hope they make you eat your words.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

Exactly! I will wait till the end of Aug 31st to question Arteta's judgement.

I want to understand that it might not be easy getting the quality players he want as quickly as he wants them, especially due to our non Europe appearance. I have read how these other Europe bound teams gave us an elbow when we try to compete with them for a player. And it is also not easy buying quality player from an Europe bound team except the rejects and guaranteed bench warmers...

But all these notwithstanding it will be crazy for the window to end without getting a decent AM especially after selling Willock. Fingers crossed, I expect we are going to get an AM, backup keeper and a striker at least before the window closes.

Looks like Aaron Ramsdale will be our next signing...to cost 24m-30m....I think we have money. cheesy
Ramsdale's deal is officially off. Imagine a Championship club insisting on 30m for a backup keeper for a club not in Europe. They think because we wear Fly Emirates then we are the PSG of England?

We getting a striker is not because we need but that two of our strikers are in their last year of contract. They need to be moved on for longer term prospects.

An AM is a must- a decent one for that matter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2021
Arsenal to offer roma lacazette for them to allow abraham to join us, if this no be juju i don't know it is abeg

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2021
ndidibabe:
Emery's problem was his inability to effectively communicate his ideas to fans and owners. Unlike Arteta who has a way of bamboozling us to buy into his mirage.

Even now, when we are not contending for Europe we feel so hopeful as if all will be well.
embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2021
Jodera2:
I never really wanted to join this discussion, but that bolded just made me change my mind.

We all agree that attack wins you games but defence win you league. While we all agree on that quote but I think it's the interpretation that you're not getting right.
Firstly, for you to win the league, you have to WIN GAMES FIRST.
We know that a team can win games yet can't win the league but no one can win the league without winning games. So in essence, what the breaking down of that quote is that you should settle your attack (which will win you games and take you to the top) before doing the last process which is strengthening your defence to win the league (that extra push required to win the league). While you're taking the quote in isolation, but in essence, that quotes are together.

Examples...
When klopp wanted to rebuild his team, he had to buy mane first(his big signing to bolster his attack). His next big signing was wijnaldum(another attack/midfield). Still he didn't sign any big signing defence.
After wijnaldum his next big signing is Salah.

Now look at the trajectory. Mane took them from perennial 8/9th to 4th. While mane, salah took them from 4th to 2nd. Now this was the height attack will bring you too. Tho they concede goals, but Attack more than make up for the wins to ensure top4.
Now that extra push for top 4 to win the league was what prompted the defence, and there goes Van dijk. He (along with attack) push dem from 4th to 2nd(a touching distance to first) and a Cl final. Since the puzzle wasn't complete, a good keeper was needed, and there comes Allison. Trajectory complete. A league and a cl league to boot.

You might say, van dijk went to injury last season to prove your point why they struggled to get 3rd. But the good thing is that dey got 3rd with their attack. Now imagine a Liverpool without mane, salah, firnino and jota, but van dijk, Arnold, matip and Robertson. Even 5th dem no go see(na just 8-10th).

That's what is exactly playing at in arsenal

I know say e long, but I just need to explain
You are explaining to someone with coconut head
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

grin grin
What are you still looking for
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

grin grin
What are you still looking for
I just dey pity jodera

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

I just dey pity jodera
Me too grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2021
Spy360:

Ramsdale's deal is officially off. Imagine a Championship club insisting on 30m for a backup keeper for a club not in Europe. They think because we wear Fly Emirates then we are the PSG of England?

We getting a striker is not because we need but that two of our strikers are in their last year of contract. They need to be moved on for longer term prospects.

An AM is a must- a decent one for that matter.
The bolded is very necessary. And the important thing is that we need a good scoring Am, not just only creative.

Also I think I prefer getting a good scoring winger than striker. With that we'll shift Auba to slug it out with lacazette upfront
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Arsenal to offer roma lacazette for them to allow abraham to join us, if this no be juju i don't know it is abeg
Day by day, juju evidences dey display for your front but you just no wan gree grin grin

Providence have taken Abraham away from our radar, but like fly wey wan follow corpse enter grave, we just no free the guy matter.

Na wa oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

Ah, for here??
Nobody get coconut head wey I know of oo?
Abeg oo, na bosses o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
Spy360:

Emery's problem was his inability to effectively communicate his ideas to fans and owners. Unlike Arteta who has a way of bamboozling us to buy into his mirage.

Even now, when we are not contending for Europe we feel so hopeful as if all will be well.
embarassed embarassed embarassed
All is not well with Arsenal, my brother. Nothing is gonna change this season with their recent dealing in the transfer market..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I read Lacazette prefers to join a club that will play in the champions league, so Roma move won't work for him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I read Lacazette prefers to join a club that will play in the champions league, so Roma move won't work for him.

Just negodu! A player with inflated ego! What has he done in recent times at Arsenal to even make that kind of demand? After playing defensive center forward strike back for us abi? He is a free agent next year please ship him out. If he does not leave this season watch Arteta offer an extension.

For the records, I like Lacazette like kilode but the guy has disappointed me so bad. I used to go into every game praying desperately he will perform but the guy fall my hand.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2021
ndidibabe:
All is not well with Arsenal, my brother. Nothing is gonna change this season with their recent dealing in the transfer market..
This transfer window is supposed to be the climax. The time when the rebuilding should be completed and the tides changed. But we are still where we are. The only most significant change to make us hopeful is still being debated.

After paying 50m for White how on earth are we still dragging Maddison for just 60m, and our season starts tomorrow. It's really funny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) (2270) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.