Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,048 members, 7,956,894 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2453909 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2337) (2338) (2339) (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Make saka rest! That boy seems burn out ; somebody needs to give him like two or 3 weeks break....shebi Martinelli dey collect salary, make that one sef play na.

Saka played a whole of questionable football today, but I believe allowing him to rest and sit two or three games out will get him refreshed abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
Who they turf Moore
Our fans and Burnley fans are having it seriously grin grin
Them turn stadium to Naija House of representatives throwing anything throwable at each other.
Who go settle this matter now

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Na dis thing I dey tell DaveP ó. He thinks pepe needs a decent RB to be at optimal level.

Lol. I didn't even watch this match. Slept off. Work up seeing Odegaard trending.

Even if I've wanted that RB option, i want it to generally click for the club as a whole, no neccesarily cos of Pepe. The way its a contest of goals for Liverpool, it should be like that too at Arsenal.

Be like Pepe dey do something wey Arteta no dey notcie be that. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
daveP:

Lol. I didn't even watch this match. Slept off. Work up seeing Odegaard trending.

Even if I've wanted that RB option, i want it to generally click for the club as a whole, no neccesarily cos of Pepe. The way its a contest of goals for Liverpool, it should be like that too at Arsenal.

Be like Pepe dey do something wey Arteta no dey notcie be that. grin

The match replay will be up on dstv during the week, try and watch it. See how Pepe keeps on doing himself disservice failing to control the ball when he needs to and pushing the attacknwhen we need him most. At this point it feels the club management is forcing him.to play cos of FIS price tag and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Make saka rest! That boy seems burn out ; somebody needs to give him like two or 3 weeks break....shebi Martinelli dey collect salary, make that one sef play na.

Saka played a whole of questionable football today, but I believe allowing him to rest and sit two or three games out will get him refreshed abeg!

Very true, everything he did today was just wrong ..... dude need to rest including from England
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Pepe, aubameyang nothing for these 2
Empty vessels
sell them na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
Roland17:

Except tiki-taka don mean another thing.
why do you support arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Nearly bro
That was what you said against Norwich
Atleast he didn't, Leno will nonchalantly give the ball away with all pleasure grin
leno and ederson I know no who worse pass
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
Havertz10:
Takehiro tomiyasu, we go drink plenty wine on top your head brother, solid performance

I watched arsenal game today for the first time in a long time cheesy defense looks good, ben white na scam but that attack particularly the number 9 position is your achilles heel in my opinion, pepe na failed project, the sooner una rest the better for your team
I thought you be Chelsea fan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
johnjunior39:

Auba is done and dusted my brother
you mean one of the best strikers in the world
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
limcar:
why do you support arsenal

I get asked this question a lot and I give the same answer and that is “My support for Arsenal transcends results”.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Pepe, Saka and Auba should start from the bench for now.

let's try Laca and Martinelli

------------------ Ramsdale----------------

-------- Tomi White Gabriel Tierney ----

------------------ Lokonga Partey --------------

-------------------- Odegaard -------------------

------------ ESR Laca Martinelli -----------
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
I love the two angles.

See Partey's look? cool

Pope didn't see that. Even if he did, he couldn't catch that. I love the fact that Ramsdale came out like Ederson does. I doubt Arteta instructed that cos Leno don't do that atall.

Nice defending from Gab and Tomiyasu.

I fear what Japan is building for the World Cup. Watchout.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The match replay will be up on dstv during the week, try and watch it. See how Pepe keeps on doing himself disservice failing to control the ball when he needs to and pushing the attack when we need him most. At this point it feels the club management is forcing him to play cos of FIS price tag and nothing more.

I hope extended highlights help a lil. I can't wait for LacaNelli then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
We hoped for bailey,zaha
But they got us Pepe instead of ata rodo grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
Big ups to Gabriel today, he was rock solid and frustrated the burnley attack at every turn. Himself, Tomiyasu and Partey secured the win for us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
limcar:
you mean one of the best strikers in the world

Sometime ago
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Big ups to Gabriel today, he was rock solid and frustrated the burnley attack at every turn. Himself, Tomiyasu and Partey secured the win for us.
Ramsdale nko, give praise to him too
That cornet save was goal saving
See pashun he brought to the team whenever we score

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Ramsdale nko, give praise to him too
That cornet save was goal saving
See pashun he brought to the team whenever we score

I've seen Leno made much more superb goal-bound shots before..... I'm only impressed by his aerial comannd and nothing more.

He's not been rally exposed /tested like Leno has been.....When the time comes I will praise him having fully convinced me he's a better keeper.

Leno and Martinez are two keepers I've seen show themselves to be really good at pulling saves. When I see Ramsdale do that he will get my praise.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I've seen Leno made much more superb goal-bound shots before..... I'm only impressed by his aerial comannd and nothing more.

He's not been rally exposed /tested like Leno has been.....When the time comes I will praise him having fully convinced me he's a better keeper.

Leno and Martinez are two keepers I've seen show themselves to be really good at pulling saves. When I see Ramsdale do that he will get my praise.
Don't worry you will soon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Don't worry you will soon

I will love to see that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Ramsdale bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

What you may not have noticed is his control on the game. There's this thing about great goalkeeping that manages the pressure, flow and tempo. Ramsdale's performance today is not about saves, but game management which to me is more important. Game management affects the entire team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
Spy360:

Ramsdale bro

I already credited him for being aware in the aerial department.....but I've not seen him face the amount of shots Leno faced under Emeryball and even under Ljunberg and Arteta......

When he faces half of those shots and does really well then I will give him the credit for it. Don't forget this is the Ramsdale that's been in goal for 2 different relegated clubs.... I want to see him step up real big before I start giving him credit I may need to retrieve in the future.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
For those who seem to forget how good Leno is, please watch this video and refresh Ur memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfi8wXx96w0

iamoyindamola just look at 3:26, 3:49, 4:29 and 5:10 in this video....u will understand what I told u earlier that Leno has pulled off that Ramsdale save today a lot of times in the past

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:12am On Sep 19, 2021
BlueRayDick:
For those who seem to forget how good Leno is, please watch this video and refresh Ur memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfi8wXx96w0

iamoyindamola just look at 3:26, 3:49, 4:29 and 5:10 in this video....u will understand what I told u earlier that Leno has pulled off that Ramsdale save today a lot of times in the past
We have a game plan
Does Leno suit the plan?
No, cos he put his players under pressure and he also make mistake
That have been my argument when Martinez was sold
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:33am On Sep 19, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I already credited him for being aware in the aerial department.....but I've not seen him face the amount of shots Leno faced under Emeryball and even under Ljunberg and Arteta......

When he faces half of those shots and does really well then I will give him the credit for it. Don't forget this is the Ramsdale that's been in goal for 2 different relegated clubs.... I want to see him step up real big before I start giving him credit I may need to retrieve in the future.
I am referring to the particular match alone not generally as a goalkeeper.

As per the match, one thing we don't realise is that a goalkeeper that has the ability to effectively direct his defense line will face less shots, similar to how goalkeepers arrange their wall during a free kick. So in essence, facing much shots is a pointer that the guys in front of a GK aren't getting the proper directions they need.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:35am On Sep 19, 2021
Does Ramsdale deserve another start? The definite answer is a resounding YES!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:52am On Sep 19, 2021
Spy360:

I am referring to the particular match alone not generally as a goalkeeper.

As per the match, one thing we don't realise is that a goalkeeper that has the ability to effectively direct his defense line will face less shots, similar to how goalkeepers arrange their wall during a free kick. So in essence, facing much shots is a pointer that the guys in front of a GK aren't getting the proper directions they need.

Well, this excuse in bold was not made for Leno during Emery ball and under Ljunberg when he was facing gazillion of shots weekly ; we all agreed it was free entry and free exit going on in the midfield that allowed opposing team attackers always have access to goal.

I've never said Ramsdale is not a good keeper, neither did I say he was poor in yesterday's match. I credited those whom I see putting their body on the line all through the match to snuff burnley attack of and those guys are Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Partey and even Odegaard.

Like I said I will give him credit when I'm able to assess his all rounder goalkeeping prowess and not just ball distribution from the back alone.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:54am On Sep 19, 2021
iamoyindamola:

We have a game plan
Does Leno suit the plan?
No, cos he put his players under pressure and he also make mistake
That have been my argument when Martinez was sold

I'm not going back to Leno vs Martinez argument again. Let's hope Ramsdale is a good shot stopper as much as he's a good distributor of the ball (at least for the sake of our club) going forward.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well, this excuse in bold was not made for Leno during Emery ball and under Ljunberg when he was facing gazillion of shots weekly ; we all agreed it was free entry and free exit going on in the midfield that allowed opposing team attackers always have access to goal.

I've never said Ramsdale is not a good keeper, neither did I say he was poor in yesterday's match. I credited those whom I see putting their body on the line all through the match to snuff burnley attack of and those guys are Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Partey and even Odegaard.

Like I said I will give him credit when I'm able to assess his all rounder goalkeeping prowess and not just ball distribution from the back alone.
Talking about the emboldened on your quotation of my post, do you agree? It's a known weakness of Leno's inability to communicate with his backline. This has been identified as part of our defensive problems.

Your opinion on Ramsdale is ok. But he was officially MOTM FYI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2337) (2338) (2339) (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) ... (3663) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.