Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313434 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
Roland17:

You Dey underrate my boy Gabu wen you limit him influence to just LCB.. Gabu dey marshal/ lead that entire back 4..
exactly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
Lordfave98:
He has taken charge of that Defence, Solidified it since his arrival, with the addition of Tomiyasu, Our defence has been Superb, infact Our Backline has never given me joy for a long time now has it is now coupled with Ramsdale Manning the Goal post, I can be assured of a Superb performance

Aswear! He inspires so much confidence. At a point in the match when he appeared injured, I was really scared Holding might be coming on to replace him. Not like holding is a bad CB, but I couldn't trade the solidity we've enjoyed in that back line for anything else at the moment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Celebrate grace!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

And what do you say now? Are you impressed?

I am happy with the win, the structure and the unpredictability of his 1st 11, just like like Pep...but I still have a small question mark on Arteta, especially with some of his substitutions...

Thank God for my boy Ramsdale.... I am really impressed with him.
Arteta is still in his learning phase and being the youngest manager we can cut him some slacks.

That said, I must confess that I am impressed with how far they have been able to get. This was my target for him at the start of the season for him to keep his job. I said I expect him to be in competition for top 4 by October. He's done so in the last day and he's earned some more time. Let's watch him till December.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

I think Odegaard and ESR should compete for same spot while Pepe should back up Saka.

And as you wrote, Martinelli, Nkeitah and Balogun can sub Laca and Auba when the need arise.

I like our Squad at the moment.
ESR offers much more because of his being double footed. Ødegaard will find it hard playing the double role of AM and inverted LW.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Roland17:

You Dey underrate my boy Gabu wen you limit him influence to just LCB.. Gabu dey marshal/ lead that entire back 4..
Kokanepyramid will not appear now o. It's when we lose he will start singing 'We need more CBs or Defense wins you league...' angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Lordfave98:
He has taken charge of that Defence, Solidified it since his arrival, with the addition of Tomiyasu, Our defence has been Superb, infact Our Backline has never given me joy for a long time now has it is now coupled with Ramsdale Manning the Goal post, I can be assured of a Superb performance
Cc Kokanepyramid, Akinbahm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
Spy360:

Kokanepyramid will not appear now o. It's when we lose he will start singing 'We need more CBs or Defense wins you league...' angry

Na ur guy Na .... u know how to handle him grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Omo. . this players be making Me chop L steadily. . ESR, White and Ramsdale are proving me wrong sha.

BTW. .this Ramsdale na correct agbero.

I've never seen a goalkeeper celebrate after taking a goal kick. And that freekick save is just WOW

And our EFL cup match against Sunderland, winning is important o but they should please try and make it more than 5 goals

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:49am On Oct 31, 2021
0-2 win at Leicester is actually a big win...

What are they getting right at Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2021
Fkhalifa:
0-2 win at Leicester is actually a big win...

What are they getting right at Arsenal?

Those lads really want to play for Arteta even rival fans have started to hail Arteta, they talk say those lads just need consistency to be at the top and start competing at the higher level.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2021
Hard to believe Tavares cost Arsenal just 7M.
The guy could easily become one of the best attacking left backs in the league. I can't understand why Benefica fans were happy to let him go, some claimed he was the worst player in the club's history.
This one is for Edu, take a bow sir.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:19am On Nov 01, 2021
This levy is one ruthless motherfvcker, arteta and ole are both lucky
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2021
Finally

Nicholas Jover Effect for Setpieces. 5goals in 4games from that. Excellent.

The transformation is really making Pepe to feel like he's the one left out right now. Can you foresee a sale soon?

Arsenal Fans with family tradition.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Why I'm not convinced by Arteta.
I can see many getting carried away with two league wins in spin and can see some forgetting about what happened against Palace when we set out to play Arteta-way. Put all my personal view on Arteta, we shouldn't get carried away on these performances.
We've seen similar runs in the past when ESR came in against Chelsea. Arteta was forced to make the call and it worked out somehow. It wasn't his intent to play ESR as he had no other options. Had Willian not get injured then, ESR would still be playing for U21s.
This 4-4-2 isn't Arteta's own idea. You will always get lucky as you go along. We've seen Ole getting it right now and then, ended up 2nd in the league somehow. You win 5~6 games in a row and you fall into bit of a slump. Why? Because you don't know what you are doing. When you imply certain system, you have to tweak it now and then to improve or react against certain oppositions. (e.g Liverpool rotating midfielders for different games) This is possible when you know your system inside out. Because you know it so well, you can switch personnel to match certain situation. Like Ole did, Arteta will stick to this and he will get found out as other managers aren't stupid.
Same fans who thought we were gunning for top 4 after ESR's smashing debut is back again. Arteta didn't initiate this change, he was forced to it and I guarantee you, somewhere along the line, he will be found out. (Probably against Liverpool)
Spurs are likely to hire Conte and we have missed the trick once again. We need to see the real picture rather than go all-in on this inexperienced manager.

#copied

This guy here just explain how I feel about Arteta, how we fans quickly forget the performance of the team especially from last season.
It's like we now have a reoccurring issue like this every season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Why I'm not convinced by Arteta.
I can see many getting carried away with two league wins in spin and can see some forgetting about what happened against Palace when we set out to play Arteta-way. Put all my personal view on Arteta, we shouldn't get carried away on these performances.
We've seen similar runs in the past when ESR came in against Chelsea. Arteta was forced to make the call and it worked out somehow. It wasn't his intent to play ESR as he had no other options. Had Willian not get injured then, ESR would still be playing for U21s.
This 4-4-2 isn't Arteta's own idea. You will always get lucky as you go along. We've seen Ole getting it right now and then, ended up 2nd in the league somehow. You win 5~6 games in a row and you fall into bit of a slump. Why? Because you don't know what you are doing. When you imply certain system, you have to tweak it now and then to improve or react against certain oppositions. (e.g Liverpool rotating midfielders for different games) This is possible when you know your system inside out. Because you know it so well, you can switch personnel to match certain situation. Like Ole did, Arteta will stick to this and he will get found out as other managers aren't stupid.
Same fans who thought we were gunning for top 4 after ESR's smashing debut is back again. Arteta didn't initiate this change, he was forced to it and I guarantee you, somewhere along the line, he will be found out. (Probably against Liverpool)
Spurs are likely to hire Conte and we have missed the trick once again. We need to see the real picture rather than go all-in on this inexperienced manager.

#copied

This guy here just explain how I feel about Arteta, how we fans quickly forget the performance of the team especially from last season.
It's like we now have a reoccurring issue like this every season

Honestly I think what the author of this post has written up there is pessimism taken to another level. How can arsenal fans celebrating recent good run of games mean we are getting carried away ? The first 3 games in the season we were all bitter and unhappy due to the season not starting the way we wanted it, we lost games we should’ve won or drawn and we demanded that the players and management do better .

Now we are enjoying good run of games , we have moved from the bottom of the league to 6th position , it is only normal for us to be ecstatic . It doesn’t mean Arteta has automatically turn to the best coach in the world , but then it means something has changed . Maybe Arteta is not the right coach for arsenal , but we can’t blame him when the team is down and still criticize him even when the team is up . Haba!

I don’t want to be seen as siding with Arteta on this but I think comparing the team Arteta has at his disposal with what ole has at man utd is just not right .

I’ve said it in the past and I will say it again; I didn’t support Arteta’s emergence as Arsenal’s coach and even after his emergence I wasn’t convinced about his tactical soundness post FA cup final...: yet I don’t have a choice but to get behind my team and hope we get better runs of games . I won’t cut off my nose just to spite my face. If the management of the club has not given Arteta the boot, u don’t expect us to be pessimistic everytime just because we perceive Arteta to be tactically unsound and very much inexperienced .

For now let’s enjoy the good runs of games , when it’s time for us to lament we will do that no doubt .

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Honestly I think what the author of this post has written up there is pessimism taken to another level. How can arsenal fans celebrating recent good run of games mean we are getting carried away ? The first 3 games in the season we were all bitter and unhappy due to the season not starting the way we wanted it, we lost games we should’ve won or drawn and we demanded that the players and management do better .

Now we are enjoying good run of games , we have moved from the bottom of the league to 6th position , it is only normal for us to be ecstatic . It doesn’t mean Arteta has automatically turn to the best coach in the world , but then it means something has changed . Maybe Arteta is not the right coach for arsenal , but we can’t blame him when the team is down and still criticize him even when the team is up . Haba!

I don’t want to be seen as siding with Arteta on this but I think comparing the team Arteta has at his disposal with what ole has at man utd is just not right .

I’ve said it in the past and I will say it again; I didn’t support Arteta’s emergence as Arsenal’s coach and even after his emergence I wasn’t convinced about his tactical soundness post FA cup final...: yet I don’t have a choice but to get behind my team and hope we get better runs of games . I won’t cut off my nose just to spite my face. If the management of the club has not given Arteta the boot, u don’t expect us to be pessimistic everytime just because we perceive Arteta to be tactically unsound and very much inexperienced .

For now let’s enjoy the good runs of games , when it’s time for us to lament we will do that no doubt .

This is my stand on arteta, he has shown not to be the right man IMO
The ESR saga last season and the change of tactics but i hope and pray he prove me me wrong

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Spy360:

Cc Kokanepyramid, Akinbahm

It seems the Atmosphere in Arsenal has changed for good, well, I hope it last...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2021
Spy360:

But don't we need more CBs?
has defence stopped winning you leagues. ?

I see no issues here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
Of recent we’ve been done dirty by unfair officiating. The saka incident vs Palace was just last week, then Auba's own vs Leicester.

One thing I'm happy about is that our players have Learnt to live with it instead of grumbling and complaining to ref's that don't listen.

In the past we've seen our players complaining about a foul while the opponents pick up the ball and score us in the process.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2021
iamoyindamola:

The ESR saga last season and the change of tactics but i hope and pray he prove me me wrong

For someone who hasn't coached even academy players as head coach prior to getting the arsenal job, u should know most of the things he will do will be experiments, trial and error etc.

If he learns from his mistakes, he may get better with time. Only time will tell sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

For someone who hasn't coached even academy players as head coach prior to getting the arsenal job, u should know most of the things he will do will be experiments, trial and error etc.

If he learns from his mistakes, he may get better with time. Only time will tell sha.
I hope he can it will help him
He have the potential to be a top manager if he humble himself and learn
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
kokanepyramid:

But don't we need more CBs?
has defence stopped winning you leagues. ?

I see no issues here.
I dey wait for you when we lose.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

He's too inexperienced to be at a top club like Arsenal where results matter. It's our loss that he gets employed. However, he has managed to scale through this period whether by luck or by effort. He will certainly be in the watchful eyes of critics whenever he starts fumbling.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
Spy360:

He's too inexperienced to be at a top club like Arsenal where results matter. It's our loss that he gets employed. However, he has managed to scale through this period whether by luck or by effort. He will certainly be in the watchful eyes of critics whenever he starts fumbling.
Of course because all his approach are temporal, that's why he will always struggle
The truth his most of the players are playing for him that's a good sign, auba was pressing throughout i was surprised
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I hope he can it will help him
He have the potential to be a top manager if he humble himself and learn

With the current owner and the board we have; our best hope is that Arteta, learn faster and gets it right. With this current owner, sacking Arteta might even land us a much more clueless coach.

My joy is in the quality of the team now, we can also look at Edu now and say thank you for the players you got us especially in our defense. Seeing what C. Palace just did to City, I think we now need to praise our boys for working hard to get us that equalizer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

With the current owner and the board we have; our best hope is that Arteta, learn faster and gets it right. With this current owner, sacking Arteta might even land us a much more clueless coach.

My joy is in the quality of the team now, we can also look at Edu now and say thank you for the players you got us especially in our defense. Seeing what C. Palace just did to City, I think we now need to praise our boys for working hard to get us that equalizer.
This is not good for us at all, it's like waiting for 2023 in naija
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Of course because all his approach are temporal, that's why he will always struggle
The truth his most of the players are playing for him that's a good sign, auba was pressing throughout i was surprised
It's like the luck that saw him win FA cup in his first season that's pushing him now. Hope that luck continues because I am not convinced. I was actively campaigning for his sack before this month's mad rush. Well, I will leave him till December to see how far he can go. I think we have Watford next before Liverpool. The second game will test his tactical sense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:01am On Nov 02, 2021
daveP:
Finally

Nicholas Jover Effect for Setpieces. 5goals in 4games from that. Excellent.

The transformation is really making Pepe to feel like he's the one left out right now. Can you foresee a sale soon?

Arsenal Fans with family tradition.
if we get sterling, I think that will be the end of the road for peoe

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I tire for that brother wey write that epistle

As baba never see defeat for long to complain about, now e dey predict future defeat.

Some people no just get joy I swear sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Having observe his tactical approach to games, I believe his tactis involves a false 9 with great hold up and link up play just like how his mentor pep does it with aguero and Gabriel Jesus

if you observe the arsenal vs chealsea game last season, you will realize that lacazette actually started that match alongside martinelli and ESR.

So you see untill arteta get a quality false 9 that can hold up, link up and score goals which will allow room for another creative midfielder like odegaard, we will still see some inconsistent performances from tge boys.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2021
kodded:

Having observe his tactical approach to games, I believe his tactis involves a false 9 with great hold up and link up play just like how his mentor pep does it with aguero and Gabriel Jesus

if you observe the arsenal vs chealsea game last season, you will realize that lacazette actually started that match alongside martinelli and ESR.

So you see untill arteta get a quality false 9 that can hold up, link up and score goals which will allow room for another creative midfielder like odegaard, we will still see some inconsistent performances from tge boys.
But aguero and jesus are both 9
Or i don't understand your point.
When you talk of false 9 pep use we can call ferran, sterling, kdb, foden etc
Can arsenal use such approach? Hell NO
Arteta needs to come up with own style not trying pep today, klopp tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.