Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,699 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361501 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

These teams we lost to, are they known about their defending prowess or how they attack? How many times do we get to threaten and test their defences? How many shots do they face/match on average, their average possession per match. Compare with ours there lies your answer
Chelsea, Man city and Liverpool are the top 3 teams in the league. Their coaches are also the top 3 coaches in the league if not in club football. So we can't compare with them
For Brentford, they're very inconsistent, there's a reason they are below us.

Our matches this season when we reverted to 442 with lacazette in the setup see us dominate teams(even tho I admit we didn't do it throughout the 90mins)

We dominated and won Aston villa, Leicester, Watford. The only team that we didn't is Liverpool and that's because we were afraid of them instead of playing our game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
I dey come

Modified: after checking it, we had only 3 comebacks out of 38 league matches(west ham 3-1, Tottenham 4-2 and Leicester 3-1). In fact, teams do comeback against us than we did against them.

I no know the comeback kings wey you and spy talk say we been do grin cheesy
Bt those teams are hot cakes mehnnnn. Wait u guys really beat west ham.. D same west ham that thrash us.. How did i miss d match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

I knew that the moment we lose against Liverpool, Kokane will appear like Willie Willie and start his midfielders/attackers crusade.

Like he expected us to beat Liverpool.

Liverpool that has maintained the same squad for over 5 years, won league and CL, with a very good and respected manager and about the best players in the world.

FFS, this Arsenal team is just being built, they aren't there yet. They have not even blended not to talk of discovering their best formation. This team is the youngest and most inexperienced team right now in EPL, with a rookie coach.

They held their own against this Liverpool side toe to toe for 40mins before collapsing under pressure. Yet the best we can say about them is to criticise them. So much for being a fan.
Lol... I mean, if they want to criticize not against Liverpool.
Fun fact: since klopp came to Liverpool, arsene Wenger haven't beaten Liverpool. But the way they'll talk about Wenger and midfield, someone will think Wenger was finding it easy beating klopp.

Klopp thrashed Wenger, thrashed emery too, but na rookie Arteta we expect to they win klopp and Liverpool?

We should just allow this team grow, even tho I know I'm not a proponent of defence win you league, but I won't shy away from the fact that this defence and keeper are good and that we just need to strengthen our midfield and attack more... Especially that attack.

We need a good goal scoring winger and a good striker who can impose himself in big matches. Auba for big matches na -1

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
Silentgroper:
Bt those teams are hot cakes mehnnnn. Wait u guys really beat west ham.. D same west ham that thrash us.. How did i miss d match
No... I'm not talking about this season oo.
It's the 2018/19 season I was talking about (Emery's debut season)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

How we missed out on bissouma I don't know
Anguissa dey ball too oo. If u saw his game against inter ..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Silentgroper:
Anguissa dey ball too oo. If u saw his game against inter ..
Anguissa too slow for me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
No... I'm not talking about this season oo.
It's the 2018/19 season I was talking about (Emery's debut season)
Oh!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Anguissa too slow for me
He's a dm. I'm nt sure pace is needed as an attribute to his game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Silentgroper:
He's a dm. I'm nt sure pace is needed as an attribute to his game.
I know, but he plays like bissouma and partey. The reason why I say he's slow is that his build up play from midfield to transition attack is slow unlike partey and bissouma.

As much as we'd hate to admit but most top teams DM is much more than breaking up play and tackling, the DMs need to build up play too and have passes in them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
I know, but he plays like bissouma and partey. The reason why I say he's slow is that his build up play from midfield to transition attack is slow unlike partey and bissouma.

As much as we'd hate to admit but most top teams DM is much more than breaking up play and tackling, the DMs need to build up play too and have passes in them
ok, i get it nw.. A declan rice would have befitting but he wont be available.. chelsea's RLC should fit in. I guess..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
Silentgroper:
ok, i get it nw.. A declan rice would have befitting but he wont be available.. chelsea's RLC should fit in. I guess..
Lol... I just need a bissouma to be honest. If him and partey dey that midfield ehh.. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
I want to ask you a question.
The Brentford and Brighton that matched Liverpool strength to strength and almost won them, did they have better midfield and attack than arsenal?
Better midfielders
We saw that when the 2 played against us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

Wetin I do?

The only thing I said about Emery's Arsenal is that they grind out results, which the entire thread made fun of. Sod call am grinding machine.

I nor talk anything about comeback o. That one na Sod own.

Not comeback
You mentioned something like we outscore our opponents because the defence was bad which is what ebening boys did in his first season, we were the 3rd scoring team that season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
I dey come

Modified: after checking it, we had only 3 comebacks out of 38 league matches(west ham 3-1, Tottenham 4-2 and Leicester 3-1). In fact, teams do comeback against us than we did against them.

I no know the comeback kings wey you and spy talk say we been do grin cheesy
When I talk of comebacks did you include losing position to drawing the match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Chelsea, Man city and Liverpool are the top 3 teams in the league. Their coaches are also the top 3 coaches in the league if not in club football. So we can't compare with them
For Brentford, they're very inconsistent, there's a reason they are below us.

Our matches this season when we reverted to 442 with lacazette in the setup see us dominate teams(even tho I admit we didn't do it throughout the 90mins)

We dominated and won Aston villa, Leicester, Watford. The only team that we didn't is Liverpool and that's because we were afraid of them instead of playing our game.
How did we dominate Leicester grin
You mean we played for 20mins and shut down, did you watch their game against Chelsea that's all round domination
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Not comeback
You mentioned something like we outscore our opponents because the defence was bad which is what ebening boys did in his first season, we were the 3rd scoring team that season
Ok.

I said so.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
I want to ask you a question.
The Brentford and Brighton that matched Liverpool strength to strength and almost won them, did they have better midfield and attack than arsenal?
We made errors on our part. Esp d defense nd midfield in which d opp teams took advantage of. Bt against u guys, we brought our A-game.. Even ox was on point, pressing nd distributing passes. Apart 4rm d mistakes made by ur mf nd defenders, arsenal's pressing is so poor esp 4rm ur attackers. There was a time i thought matip would have gotten dispossessed of ball if auba dat was closed to him had pressed him but he was just watching him..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Aside west ham, we've met and lost against the rest. While I agree we lost against man city and Chelsea but the squad against Brentford (esp midfield and attack) is not EPL standard so I won't judge arsenal match with that
You mean ESR,xhaka and partey ain't EPL standard cos that was the midfield that day
Then only balogun is not ready in the attack
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I mean, if they want to criticize not against Liverpool.
Fun fact: since klopp came to Liverpool, arsene Wenger haven't beaten Liverpool. But the way they'll talk about Wenger and midfield, someone will think Wenger was finding it easy beating klopp.

Klopp thrashed Wenger, thrashed emery too, but na rookie Arteta we expect to they win klopp and Liverpool?

We should just allow this team grow, even tho I know I'm not a proponent of defence win you league, but I won't shy away from the fact that this defence and keeper are good and that we just need to strengthen our midfield and attack more... Especially that attack.

We need a good goal scoring winger and a good striker who can impose himself in big matches. Auba for big matches na -1
Imagine o. This team is showing signs of progress. Ramsdale, ESR and Saka got called up to ENT and the three of them didn't disappoint. Same with Gabriel. There's a lot of improvement in the team. I will not judge them based on this Liverpool game.

I am expecting them to come back against Newcastle and continue their progress. I tell you with the right coaching, they will beat this same Liverpool in a couple of years coming.

And please when we say strengthen defense first that doesn't mean ignore midfield and attack. For now our defense is a bit solid, further strengthening can now come elsewhere.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Better midfielders
We saw that when the 2 played against us
You mean you'll take their midfielders over our midfielders? shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

Imagine o. This team is showing signed of progress. Ramsdale, ESR and Saka got called up to ENT and the three of them didn't disappoint. Same with Gabriel. There's a lot of improvement in the team. I will not judge them based on this Liverpool game.

I am expecting them to come back against Newcastle and continue their progress. I tell you with the right coaching, they will beat this same Liverpool in a couple of years coming.
All we are saying is the same defence we all over hyped got embarrassed same way Mustafi and his clowns would have, so what's the difference
It could have gotten worse if not for ramsdale, while the midfield we have been talking about was evidently blown away
No one is criticizing any players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
You mean you'll take their midfielders over our midfielders? shocked
Yes sir especially Brighton those guys are beasts
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

When I talk of comebacks did you include losing position to drawing the match
even at that, it's not much.

Most of the matches under Emery debut season, it's either we score first and win or opponent score first and win us.

The second season wey be grinding machine, we can attest how bad he was that he has to be sacked. We were never comeback kings in anything weda na draw comeback or comeback win grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Yes sir especially Brighton those guys are beasts
tell me the midfielder you'll will take in Brighton and Brentford over partey, ESR, odegaard, Xhaka, lokonga.

Either swapping or outright replacement.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You mean ESR,xhaka and partey ain't EPL standard cos that was the midfield that day
Then only balogun is not ready in the attack
Partey didn't play that game.
Lokonga without any experience had his first game
Balogun also.

So how was that game not a weakened arsenal when your midfield and attack na small boys. Even martinelli have balogun to work with.

Haba!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

How did we dominate Leicester grin
You mean we played for 20mins and shut down, did you watch their game against Chelsea that's all round domination
I acknowledged we didn't dominate throughout 90min but at least we dominated them and got two goals. While the defence did the work of absorbing the pressure
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
tell me the midfielder you'll will take in Brighton and Brentford over partey, ESR, odegaard, Xhaka, lokonga.

Either swapping or outright replacement.
Onyeka for Xhaka or Lokonga
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Silentgroper:
We made errors on our part. Esp d defense nd midfield in which d opp teams took advantage of. Bt against u guys, we brought our A-game.. Even ox was on point, pressing nd distributing passes. Apart 4rm d mistakes made by ur mf nd defenders, arsenal's pressing is so poor esp 4rm ur attackers. There was a time i thought matip would have gotten dispossessed of ball if auba dat was closed to him had pressed him but he was just watching him..
Auba no sabi press. Sometimes he's doing as if he's forced to press and the worst part is that he can't hold onto his own under pressure.
Lacazette own be say him dey press, but once him hold ball and see Liverpool shadow, him go just fall for ground.

To be honest eh, I'm looking for a day arsenal will have an all round striker. This two don tire person
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
mostob:
Onyeka for Xhaka or Lokonga
This guy isn't even consistent.

Most of the Brentford match I watch him, he's very inconsistent
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Auba no sabi press. Sometimes he's doing as if he's forced to press and the worst part is that he can't hold onto his own under pressure.
Lacazette own be say him dey press, but once him hold ball and see Liverpool shadow, him go just fall for ground.

To be honest eh, I'm looking for a day arsenal will have an all round striker. This two don tire person
The shadow part been off me grin ..

well man city is about to help u on d offloading of laca .. Be like barca still dey interested in auba na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Fkhalifa..
We still dey wait your Nuno espiranto wey you tell us say Tottenham dey lucky to get and arsenal dey unfortunate to miss out.

We still dey wait your epistles on why him no make Tottenham to the fearless fighters you claimed they'll be tongue tongue
if you read comments on front page the day he was sacked, you'll see how many are of the firm opinion that Nuno is a good coach who found himself in an unfortunate situation, a lot opined how he wasnt given time, given his players etc.

it does not still change the fact that he is a good coach who made wolves a fearless team beating all the top teams, discovering quality players and played a kind of football I liked. mind you, i wouldn't agree he played defensive football, I saw his side coming out to attack and score likes of city and Chelsea.
That he wasn't given time, or didn't work out at spurs doesn't change sincere minds opinion about him and that can be evidenced on the front page comments.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You win some you lose some, I have tackled him about Nuno too but you can't say he's not right.
What about Jota and zaha he told us about, I remember he was singing Jota name before lfc will even think of having him
Some of us have seen this already others are just taking it as it happen
From the beginning Arteta is/was a bad choice
From the beginning defence shouldn't be the priority
Now we have conceded more than we scored
We are even owing goals -4 imagine goals way we never score
I appreciate your sincerity bro cheesy
its like trying to troll UTD and PSG fans who believed Messi and Ronaldo would come and turn them to an invincible team, that it didn't work doesn't mean both aren't world class who could make you team unbeatable.
Jodera didn't come to ask for epistle if the Jota i said we missed out on has been a failure for Liverpool, but wants me to write epistle for how Nuno spent years and failed at Totten ham.... Oma shey o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.