Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,798 members, 7,862,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361377 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

All we are saying is the same defence we all over hyped got embarrassed same way Mustafi and his clowns would have, so what's the difference
It could have gotten worse if not for ramsdale, while the midfield we have been talking about was evidently blown away
No one is criticizing any players
My guy Jota used someone to mop ground, who be that sef lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

I knew that the moment we lose against Liverpool, Kokane will appear like Willie Willie and start his midfielders/attackers crusade.

Like he expected us to beat Liverpool.

Liverpool that has maintained the same squad for over 5 years, won league and CL, with a very good and respected manager and about the best players in the world.

FFS, this Arsenal team is just being built, they aren't there yet. They have not even blended not to talk of discovering their best formation. This team is the youngest and most inexperienced team right now in EPL, with a rookie coach.

They held their own against this Liverpool side toe to toe for 40mins before collapsing under pressure. Yet the best we can say about them is to criticise them. So much for being a fan.
Which midfielders and attackers are you blending, Auba, Laca, Xhaka and co?
They didn't hold anything in 40mins they were just lucky for 40 mins till they ran out of luck.
If Mustafi and Luiz were really the problem we should be having more points now after 12 matches than 2 season ago or last season but that's not the case.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Auba no sabi press. Sometimes he's doing as if he's forced to press and the worst part is that he can't hold onto his own under pressure.
Lacazette own be say him dey press, but once him hold ball and see Liverpool shadow, him go just fall for ground.

To be honest eh, I'm looking for a day arsenal will have an all round striker. This two don tire person
I no dey feel them at all upfront
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Chelsea, Man city and Liverpool are the top 3 teams in the league. Their coaches are also the top 3 coaches in the league if not in club football. So we can't compare with them
For Brentford, they're very inconsistent, there's a reason they are below us.

Our matches this season when we reverted to 442 with lacazette in the setup see us dominate teams(even tho I admit we didn't do it throughout the 90mins)

We dominated and won Aston villa, Leicester, Watford. The only team that we didn't is Liverpool and that's because we were afraid of them instead of playing our game.
Teams that are sitting in the bottom half of the table. These are teams we won y'all were chanting we are back because of defenders.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... I mean, if they want to criticize not against Liverpool.
Fun fact: since klopp came to Liverpool, arsene Wenger haven't beaten Liverpool. But the way they'll talk about Wenger and midfield, someone will think Wenger was finding it easy beating klopp.

Klopp thrashed Wenger, thrashed emery too, but na rookie Arteta we expect to they win klopp and Liverpool?

We should just allow this team grow, even tho I know I'm not a proponent of defence win you league, but I won't shy away from the fact that this defence and keeper are good and that we just need to strengthen our midfield and attack more... Especially that attack.

We need a good goal scoring winger and a good striker who can impose himself in big matches. Auba for big matches na -1
Nobody is saying the defenders are not good, neither am I blaming them for the loss, stop twisting things. What I'm telling you is we won't make any significant progress by investing in defenders with these current crop of midfielders and attackers. Y'all were scapegoating Mustaffi and Luiz like once they leave and we get new defenders we'll win league sotey someone coined "defence wins you league".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Which midfielders and attackers are you blending, Auba, Laca, Xhaka and co?
They didn't hold anything in 40mins they were just lucky for 40 mins till they ran out of luck.
If Mustafi and Luiz were really the problem we should be having more points now after 12 matches than 2 season ago or last season but that's not the case.
At the bolded, you either did not watch the match or you're just trolling.

That aside, what we are saying was that the entire team needed a rebuild, and it's better to start with defense. That is what Arteta has done and he is on the right track so far. Mind you so far. When things change we will let you know.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Teams that are sitting in the bottom half of the table. These are teams we won y'all were chanting we are back because of defenders.

Personally, dis na my own personal view oh...I genuinely miss the days when you gave takes outside of the "defense wins you league" agenda. For such an intelligent and knowledgeable football head, you are now selling us short when all your takes revolves around that agenda. Baba, I take God beg you, I am not saying you should ditch the agenda oh because for all it is worth, you may be right, afterall me sef dey delve into the thing once once but abeg, we or should I say, I need the return of savy Kokane before this "Defense wins you league" agenda. I am only speaking for myself because I have known your handle on this thread for a very long time now and while we share similar schools of thought, we have debated our differences with respect.

I desperately hope you see the sincerity in this post, if not, it's all good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

All we are saying is the same defence we all over hyped got embarrassed same way Mustafi and his clowns would have, so what's the difference
It could have gotten worse if not for ramsdale, while the midfield we have been talking about was evidently blown away
No one is criticizing any players
Any team can get beaten 4-0, it depends on how it was done. When you compare this with that of Man City and previous games you see a lot of improvement. I am not saying we should clap for them, I am saying give them some break.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:

My guy Jota used someone to mop ground, who be that sef lipsrsealed
Na your week be this, next week you go disappear- you and Kokane.

Na only iamoyindamola I go accept his case. He is here whether we win or lose. Una na wash.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Roland17:

Personally, dis na my own personal view oh...I genuinely miss the days when you gave takes outside of the "defense wins you league" agenda. For such an intelligent and knowledgeable football head, you are now selling us short when all your takes revolves around that agenda. Baba, I take God beg you, I am not saying you should ditch the agenda oh because for all it is worth, you may be right, afterall me sef dey delve into the thing once once but abeg, we or should I say, I need the return of savy Kokane before this "Defense wins you league" agenda. I am only speaking for myself because I have known your handle on this thread for a very long time now and while we share similar schools of thought, we have debated our differences with respect.

Bring back our Kokane.... grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
tell me the midfielder you'll will take in Brighton and Brentford over partey, ESR, odegaard, Xhaka, lokonga.

Either swapping or outright replacement.
Bissouma, trossard, this guy that scored Brentford first goal can't remember his name
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

Any team can get beaten 4-0, it depends on how it was done. When you compare this with that of Man City and previous games you see a lot of improvement. I am not saying we should clap for them, I am saying give them some break.
Ofcourse any team can be beaten reason why investing in defense first is not fair now we struggle with scoring
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
Roland17:

There is no iota of sincerity in your post .
You should have kept same energy when Spy and Blueray were throwing snide remarks on how the defenders have revived the the team, while we were winning against bottom half teams.

Like before this season we don't win some games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

You should have kept same energy when Spy and Blueray were throwing snide remarks on how the defenders have revived the the team, while we were winning against bottom half teams.

It's all good, like I said, I am not seeking your reassurances.

Baba, l have been on record asking everyone to be civil and respectful during interactions on this thread. "Defense wins league" should not be the only topic of discussion on this thread and everyone has a right to pick a side irrespective, albeit, it should be done respectfully.

I don't need to dig up posts, anyone can do that to see when I have called people out for taking cheap/ dirty shots. Personally, my rule of thumb for engaging anyone on this forum or anywhere for that matter is that debates be respectful and civil. It is one reason I only engage handles I recognize on this forum.

It's all good bro!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Guy you know that I don't do snide remarks. However let's put this shiit out and focus on other things.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

Na your week be this, next week you go disappear- you and Kokane.

Na only iamoyindamola I go accept his case. He is here whether we win or lose. Una na wash.
If Arsenal had won that game, I'm sure you too will troll me with the Liverpool affections have shown here. You see what Jode4a did with the Nuno Esperito matter?

BTW, my view have been summed from Roland's post where he said fans are just keeping hope, Arsenal are still long way to go.

And for me, I've not seen much to give my heart back, but what infuriates me the most is when fans begin to overhype and see much positives in a 4-0 loss.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Imagine I saw a post on Instagram where Arsenal fans are hailing Arterta over lampard and Ole just because they faced sack before him?
Question is would utd and Chelsea be patient with Arterta?

Another one post. Ramsdele kept the game in a respectable score line...I mean 4-0 has now become respectable to Arsenal?

Yes respect to Ramsdele but being happy with 4-0 is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Bissouma, trossard, this guy that scored Brentford first goal can't remember his name
Trossard is an attacker.
So it's only bissouma that you'll take in Brighton midfield abi?? grin
Like only bissouma grin

The Brentford guy, you mean canos?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Nobody is saying the defenders are not good, neither am I blaming them for the loss, stop twisting things. What I'm telling you is we won't make any significant progress by investing in defenders with these current crop of midfielders and attackers. Y'all were scapegoating Mustaffi and Luiz like once they leave and we get new defenders we'll win league sotey someone coined "defence wins you league".
So because of that, even if we improve defence, we should still scapegoat the new defenders cos we all scapegoated mustafi and Luis even tho this new defenders wasn't at fault.

My point here is that even tho they should have improved midfield and attack instead of defence first, but now that we have done it(improving defence first), let us give credit to the defenders wen if dem try, na still our players. Now that we've invested in the back 5, we are hoping that the next investment will be strengthening midfield and attack
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Leicester, Tottenham and Aston villa, when we won them they weren't at the bottom half of the table oo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Silentgroper:
The shadow part been off me grin ..

well man city is about to help u on d offloading of laca .. Be like barca still dey interested in auba na.
Na weda we go get good striker first naim be the issue. The good thing is that both auba and laca are good for small clubs but against big club na limitations dem be
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:

if you read comments on front page the day he was sacked, you'll see how many are of the firm opinion that Nuno is a good coach who found himself in an unfortunate situation, a lot opined how he wasnt given time, given his players etc.

it does not still change the fact that he is a good coach who made wolves a fearless team beating all the top teams, discovering quality players and played a kind of football I liked. mind you, i wouldn't agree he played defensive football, I saw his side coming out to attack and score likes of city and Chelsea.
That he wasn't given time, or didn't work out at spurs doesn't change sincere minds opinion about him and that can be evidenced on the front page comments.
Well, I hope to see him in another team and see the wonders he'll do again.

Is he a good coach? Yes
Is he a top coach? No

Arteta is not a top coach but then same is nuno. Time will prove us either right or wrong again.
We await wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I appreciate your sincerity bro cheesy
its like trying to troll UTD and PSG fans who believed Messi and Ronaldo would come and turn them to an invincible team, that it didn't work doesn't mean both aren't world class who could make you team unbeatable.
Jodera didn't come to ask for epistle if the Jota i said we missed out on has been a failure for Liverpool, but wants me to write epistle for how Nuno spent years and failed at Totten ham.... Oma shey o.
I didn't ask for epistle for jota cos we have an agreement on that saying he's good, so why should I ask for epistle?

The disagreement we had was on Nuno coaching us, so I'm right to ask for epistle from you grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I no dey feel them at all upfront
I tell you..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jodera:
Trossard is an attacker.
So it's only bissouma that you'll take in Brighton midfield abi?? grin
Like only bissouma grin

The Brentford guy, you mean canos?
Yes
Trossard can play midfield too
More of AM or CAM
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin grin grin

When arsenal wins una go find one midfielder praise ..... when we lose una go blame the defenders who have saved us the mystery of watching una confused MCM in the person Calamity Mustafi.

The good thing is Mustafi didn’t leave arsenal to go turn to Baresi 2.0 or Maldini 2.0 , rather they use egg Pursue am after him and mecho Kola join hand relegate their club .

I’ve gone through some previous posts of these pro-Mustafi group, I’ve seen how some of u gnashed ur teeth and cursed mustafi grin. One of these days when there’s need for it , I will post some diggings . For now make una continue with una agenda dey go.

When we win whether against number 21 on the log , we will celebrate and when the team performs woeful we will call out either the coach or players responsible . We no go join team “Hosanna today, crucify him tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Yes
Trossard can play midfield too
More of AM or CAM
Yeah but his primary position is winger and forward na.
It's just like saying ESR is a winger cos of how he plays there mostly for us now.
I needed you to call me midfielders from Brighton aside the obvious which is bissouma (whom everyone is clamouring for). If you say their midfielders are better than ours, at least you for call 3-4 midfielders you'll take over ours not one known midfielder in bissouma and one forward whom you wan convert to midfield grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:

If Arsenal had won that game, I'm sure you too will troll me with the Liverpool affections have shown here. You see what Jode4a did with the Nuno Esperito matter?

BTW, my view have been summed from Roland's post where he said fans are just keeping hope, Arsenal are still long way to go.

And for me, I've not seen much to give my heart back, but what infuriates me the most is when fans begin to overhype and see much positives in a 4-0 loss.
Were you expecting us to beat Liverpool and/or win the league this year?

Later you will call us delusional.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fkhalifa:
Imagine I saw a post on Instagram where Arsenal fans are hailing Arterta over lampard and Ole just because they faced sack before him?
Question is would utd and Chelsea be patient with Arterta?

Another one post. Ramsdele kept the game in a respectable score line...I mean 4-0 has now become respectable to Arsenal?

Yes respect to Ramsdele but being happy with 4-0 is a no no for me.
You're misunderstanding the whole thing.

First Arteta has managed the steer the club from a sackable 20th position to a respectable 5th. That's progress. If the season ends like this, it will be seen as remarkable success especially knowing where we are coming from. You will say this is mediocrity, but I'll say it's not being stupid. It will be humongous for us to compete with City or Chelsea or Liverpool and top them any of them. Our squad is only capable of finishing above 7th position. If they accomplish better, then Kudos to them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

Lol... I no expect say the knives will be out after Liverpool game. I mean we were on 0 goal difference heading into the game, do they expect us to get a result at anfield(not even Emirates o). So how won't we get negative goal difference by game week 12?

Everyone knows this team is at rebuilding stage and we're gelling. What we need is just a very good striker and a good winger.

Laca and Auba aren't the future at all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

I wasn't.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
Spy360:

You're misunderstanding the whole thing.

First Arteta has managed the steer the club from a sackable 20th position to a respectable 5th. That's progress. If the season ends like this, it will be seen as remarkable success especially knowing where we are coming from. You will say this is mediocrity, but I'll say it's not being stupid. It will be humongous for us to compete with City or Chelsea or Liverpool and top them any of them. Our squad is only capable of finishing above 7th position. If they accomplish better, then Kudos to them.
OK o

(1) (2) (3) ... (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.