Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,736 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366530 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Silentgroper:
He's there 4 just 18months though.
oh o, Then he knows what he is into. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Silentgroper:
I observed he was attempting to do d same against arsenal bt tavarez nd gabriel wouldnt him d space esp. Tava. I just dey laugh when i read some comment wishing tierney had played dat match instead of tava.. Mehn wetin salah 4 use tierney eyes see ehn...
Not all times though, but most times if you pack the bus and close him down all day, he will struggle and hardly have his usual field days.

Tierney likes to go forward a lot, Sallah would just have much space and that's free lunch for him.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Fkhalifa:

A forward should be feared... I like me a striker in the mould of Suarez, Torres and Lukaku.

Almost all ARSENAL'S forward are soft and meek

Exactly, and i think its the yeye aspect of Arteta's tactics. It doesn't involve defences watching their backs cos almost 30m from the box, there's no threat worthy to watchout for. Smh.

The result of such us obvious: Arsenal end uo not scoring as they should when they are pressing opponents defence. Arteta should take a clue from Tuchel.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Spy360:

You can't handle Salah by marking him. He's good enough to beat anyone and even if he doesn't he will pull you out of position for the likes of Mane and Jota to wreck havoc. Salah is dealt with through tactics and team play.

Salah's strength is mainly in the movement of TAA. So the way to beat Salah is to restrict TAA. To do so, someone who has pace, stamina or dribbling should position himself at the LW whenever TAA overlaps. Then the entire team should try to find that guy once they win the ball. Lacazette could have been excellent doing that job because of his stamina, another person is Pepe, Martinelli etc. This will restrict TAA's movement and also isolate Salah upfront.

cool

Actually, Gabby really did well vs Salah. But omo, Tierney go hear whiinnnnnn if he played. Especially if he's running back from an attacking position. That's where Martinelli could have made a difference. One gats rough Nelli up to take the ball off him compared to ESR that waa easily useless and dispossessed whenever he luckily saw the ball come to him.

If counter was Arteta's masterplan,then that was a shambolic set up. TAA didn't even a One on one.

I recall that Laca goal from tight angle. If only there was a LW.

Once again, Arteta's tactics is shambolic it cant even cause a smeer on an Opponent's setup.

He should have applied that Crystal Palace vs Liverpool tactic. Everytime test

Not that im expecting a win.

Just that cause wahala small in defeat to show depth.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Sallah can be best stopped when you pack the bus. i've seen this much.
Park the bus against eto your detriment. They have fun pressing. Pressing to them is like sex.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:37am On Nov 25, 2021
Silentgroper:
This will only have effect if d likes of fabinho or matip hasnt closed up on dat attacker, in which he would also have to beat matip..
That's why I said a player with stamina or dribbling. undecided

The aim is to distort the shape Klopp wants. You want your attacker to be facing Matip on the LW not TAA.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:42am On Nov 25, 2021
Silentgroper:
I observed he was attempting to do d same against arsenal bt tavarez nd gabriel wouldnt him d space esp. Tava. I just dey laugh when i read some comment wishing tierney had played dat match instead of tava.. Mehn wetin salah 4 use tierney eyes see ehn...
Dealing with the Salah threat is not with a marker but with tactics. Every star player can be neutralised using the right tactics.

Liverpool were able to neutralise Partey by closing up all the passing lanes to him and allowing Lokonga control Arsenal's midfield instead of Partey. It worked. If there was another quality midfielder, like Xhaka, the tactics may not have worked depending on how Xhaka could control a game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
These two will cost 200 at most. But will be a great buy for next 4years. Especially if we are back to UCL football.

Who will you want to come join this current set if they were younger again?

The Emirates miss UCL football. I hope by the time they are back, they'll be solid enough to not fall like a pack of cards on such a night.

Do you agree with Groove?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
Liverpool fans always make it look as of Salah can't be stopped. I laugh una .

Anyway, I'll be keeping a close watch on Saint Allan-maximin on Saturday. He is a type of player I admire.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jodera come and see something grin grin
As bad as he is, he just broke a record with a game to spare

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
mostob:
Liverpool fans always make it look as of Salah can't be stopped. I laugh una .

Anyway, I'll be keeping a close watch on Saint Allan-maximin on Saturday. He is a type of player I admire.
No Saint maximim is just Pepe with Dada, I hate such players

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
iamoyindamola:

the thing is, the entire Newcastle have been poor lately and their tactic na long ball and insha Allah. Against Chelsea, It was Wilson and Allan vs the entire back five so he could only made a small impact.
I'll be watching him closely on Saturday sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
iamoyindamola:

This is not true. Saint-Maxim is similar to Mane when he was at Southampton, take him out of Newcastle to a bigger team with more quality and see him be a bigger player than can ever dream of.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
daveP:
These two will cost 200 at most. But will be a great buy for next 4years. Especially if we are back to UCL football.

The Emirates miss UCL football. I hope by the time they are back, they'll be solid enough to not fall like a pack of cards on such a night.

Do you agree with Groove?
I'll take Harland 10times with my eyes closed.

Haller is scoring because of Ajax system. Ajax has excellent chance creators. I wonder how they source their players and make them blend like juice.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
Spy360:

I'll take Harland 10times with my eyes closed.

Haller is scoring because of Ajax system. Ajax has excellent chance creators. I wonder how they source their players and make them blend like juice.

If the middle is sorted, I'll take Haaland easily.

But its not. And besides,Haller is a worker and Arsenal lacks that right now.

But that Ajax system no be here o.

Ten Hag na Tutor!!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
daveP:

Ten Hag na Tutor!!
It takes a good player to adapt to any system thrown at him, Haller is the top scorer in the UCL group stage ahead of Haller and co
The guy good abeg

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This is not true. Saint-Maxim is similar to Mane when he was at Southampton, take him out of Newcastle to a bigger team with more quality and see him be a bigger player than can ever dream of.
I think he is also like Adama...

Strength, power,pace and never give up attitude.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I think he is also like Adama...

Strength, power,pace and never give up attitude.

Yeah, similar to Adama just that he seem to have better end products that Adama .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Oyo for who still dey look Haller like bad player o. Lol.

Nigerian players are never in UCL reckoning. See how UCL records are all from Ivoriens?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Lol... It's an enviable achievement. E no easy at all.
Congratulations to him grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:33am On Nov 26, 2021
daveP:

1..Do you agree with Groove?
I agree with Le Grove full time. Auba na always minus 1 against team dominating us. We need a striker imposing himself even we are being dominated

2.. I'll take back Henry. We need complete striker/goalscorer I swear

3.. Haaland with both eyes closed. Still skeptical about Haller grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:36am On Nov 26, 2021
daveP:

Nigerian players are never in UCL reckoning. See how UCL records are all from Ivoriens?

Lol.. I'm not looking at Haller as a bad player, what I just said is that I don't see Haller as someone who will take us to the next level

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2021
daveP:

Ten Hag na Tutor!!
When you play in Ajax you are only a part of a whole. They play as a whole and so can be very difficult to beat.
Any player will look good in that Ajax set up. In fact, many players who looked good at Ajax came out to realise they still needed a little more learning. In recent years- De Ligt, VdB, Ziyech, de Jong etc.

This has been their tradition. How do you think they can sell all their stars and still compete favourably the following season using fresh legs?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

It takes a good player to adapt to any system thrown at him, Haller is the top scorer in the UCL group stage ahead of Haller and co
The guy good abeg
Any player will look good at Ajax.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:48am On Nov 26, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. I'm not looking at Haller as a bad player, what I just said is that I don't see Haller as someone who will take us to the next level
Haaland will score 99goals if he were to play for Ajax. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2021
daveP:

Osimhen is a better all round forward than Haller.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:02am On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

When you play in Ajax you are only a part of a whole. They play as a whole and so can be very difficult to beat.
Any player will look good in that Ajax set up. In fact, many players who looked good at Ajax came out to realise they still needed a little more learning. In recent years- De Ligt, VdB, Ziyech, de Jong etc.

This has been their tradition. How do you think they can sell all their stars and still compete favourably the following season using fresh legs?

Do you mean same VdB of Manchester United?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Any player will look good at Ajax.
How will any player look good at Ajax
By your analysis, any Ajax player can also look good in any team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Welbeck and sirnogoal will score 100 goals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Osimhen is a better all round forward than Haller.
I'll agree once a Nigerian forward is back in reckoning in UCL limelights. That's my angle anyways. I can't wait though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2021
Jodera:

Well, you have a point there. But he'd be lethal in front of goal in an Arsenal setup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.