Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,968 members, 7,863,447 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2362567 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (3550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
For those who wanted to see Odegaard and ESR (playing as 8s) because Xhaka kills attack. Hope we've seen how we dominate the midfield with the duo of Ode and ESR

For those who think since the structure is in place, "anybody" can replace "anybody" grin. Hope we've seen how Sambi plays that role very well almost as good as Partey.

For those who think Partey is not our engine Room and ensures our dominance through how he beats press, give forward passes and always start buildups from the back receiving balls from our CBs. Hope we've seen how our CBs were confused because lokonga doesn't have the qualities to beat press and start attack from the CBs. We can see how he's easily subdued.

Oh, and our attack was subdued today again? Hmmm

Southampton up next cool
Na me you dey talk to so? grin grin grin

I see how you carefully and systematically avoid calling those who insisted on Lacazette. grin grin grin

Arteta should know that keeping Lacazette in the starting line up as against using Nketiah will be his greatest undoing this season. Make we dey watch o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

Lmao partey is a midfielder if you like call him defensive I know he offer more so my agenda for midfield stand
grin grin grin

Didn't Partey play Vs Crystal Palace?

But your agenda must agend. grin grin grin

Anyway, your point is noted. But Partey still be DM.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
Spy360:

I see how you carefully and systematically avoid calling those who insisted on Lacazette. grin grin grin

Arteta should know that keeping Lacazette in the starting line up as against using Nketiah will be his greatest undoing this season. Make we dey watch o.

Jodera and Lacazette are a match made in heaven. When I tell am say he loves Laca passionately my guy denied it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
All hope is actually not lost at this point if Arteta and the boys get a grip on themselves.

Tottenham is still going to play loserpool and Tottenham still has to play us in a derby. They will also play Leicester that will not be an easy match for them.

If arsenal can only take it upon themselves to rack up asany points as possible, just maybe we might still make the top 4.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin cheesy

The thing is that Lacazette is the least of our problems now Tbh. Even the Nketiah you're always clamouring for had over 30min to score but he didn't. I'm not even saying Laca is the best for us or shouldn't be benched, but who will bench him? Nketiah that's suppose to grab his opportunities now is not even scoring or showing that he wants it. At least, you won't say Nketiah isn't seeing shirt presently.

But that's by the way. Why I said Lacazette is the least of our problem in this structure is because the play is not heavily revolved around him. Not that he's not a problem this past few weeks, but his issue don't really have a big impact compared to if A Partey gives below-par game or his replacement isnt giving that kind of quality or almost.

Like I always said, this team depends on structure and the personnel to have quality to carry it out. The day will lose that(which means losing the dominance) is the day I'll get worried. With that structure, we'll always create chances that anyone can score from. Since crystal palace game till now, you can see how guys are gnashing their teeth grin

Now, am I saying the striker role is useless in this structure? No! Actually if we have a striker that can score goal better than Lacazette, we'll be scoring 4-5 goals, but even if he doesn't, we'll be relying on Wingers. The issue here is the source of that creativity and midfield balance that our attackers feed from to play their game and defenders have confidence to push up and easily pass ball to midfield.

Once that midfield creativity and balance is altered and subdued, then we'll be ready to see more games like today grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
BlueRayDick:
All hope is actually not lost at this point if Arteta and the boys get a grip on themselves.

Tottenham is still going to play loserpool and Tottenham still has to play us in a derby. They will also play Leicester that will not be an easy match for them.

If arsenal can only take it upon themselves to rack up asany points as possible, just maybe we might still make the top 4.

Conte's Spurs will decimate Arteta in this current state. No jokes. If its not Kane or Son, Dejan is there.

I was always harping on more goals, but its true we don't have a striker truly. That Lacazette and 20hrs no goals is deeper and painful than we see. Especially as Arteta saw Auba and Laca and had to let Auba go. O think he values the control than the results.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
I read Tomi will be back (at least during the bench) against Southampton. Hopefully, he plays Tierney wing since he's two-footed and Xhaka returns back to midfield.

I don't think Tierney's injury would have had that much impact if only Tavarez showed that form he showed like at the beginning of the season. In fact, I will put it as the loss of confidence of Tavarez that scattered everything more cos it made Xhaka move away from that midfield.

My worry is that who will play that Partey role, except we shift back formation to 4231 instead of 433. We all know both Xhaka and Sambi can't play sole 4 at all.

In my opinion, I think the coaching staff overreacted to the Crystal Palace loss and made way too many changes that affected the team’s balance. I know Tavares has been poor but I think we could have gotten more from him than we did Xhaka playing that position. We went into the game with a disadvantaged mentality with these changes!

I thought the shape/ player selection for the formation chosen and tactic utilized made it difficult for us to settle into any rhythm and you could see the players struggle to advance the ball. The middle of the park selection was a more troubling one for me because we have seen this over and over again that Odegaard needs to be playing higher up the pitch, anything less is exposing the team and sabotaging his strengths max.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Martinelli has not gotten a chance at the CF position, instead of the strikeback CF we have been parading. A 4-3-3 with Lokonga/ESR/Odegaard in the middle against a pacy, physical and high pressing 3-5-2 midfield of Trossard/Bissouma/Caicedo/Mwepu/Gross spells nothing but disaster.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
See offside
No wonder these assholes didn't draw line

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
Roland17:

In my opinion, I think the coaching staff overreacted to the Crystal Palace loss and made way too many changes that affected the team’s balance. I know Tavares has been poor but I think we could have gotten more from him than we did Xhaka playing that position. We went into the game with a disadvantaged mentality with these changes!

I thought the shape/ player selection for the formation chosen and tactic utilized made it difficult for us to settle into any rhythm and you could see the players struggle to advance the ball. The middle of the park selection was a more troubling one for me because we have seen this over and over again that Odegaard needs to be playing higher up the pitch, anything less is exposing the team and sabotaging his strengths max.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Martinelli has not gotten a chance at the CF position, instead of the strikeback CF we have been parading. A 4-3-3 with Lokonga/ESR/Odegaard in the middle against a pacy, physical and high pressing 3-5-2 midfield of Trossard/Bissouma/Caicedo/Mwepu/Gross spells nothing but disaster.

Exactly, that disadvantaged mentality was it for me. I was also thinking Arteta overreacted not using Tavarez. If you noticed, I said I hoped Arteta will start tavarez against Brighton and not fall into the temptation of shifting Xhaka to Lb position. That alone killed anything we have in that midfield cos I always know, ESR and Sambi and Odegaard are so soft there.

If it's even better with Martinelli at that CF sef, it's better as he have better understanding with his attackers while being a good goalscorer. Na the Nketiah wey be the option naim I dey get big doubts.

The thing is Arteta allowed the loss of crystal palace to get to him as well as the pressure of Tottenham gaining advantage. I just hope we don't cave in
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Android22: 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:
See offside
No wonder these assholes didn't draw line
Martinelli is offside in this pic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
For those who wanted to see Odegaard and ESR (playing as 8s) because Xhaka kills attack. Hope we've seen how we dominate the midfield with the duo of Ode and ESR

For those who think since the structure is in place, "anybody" can replace "anybody" grin. Hope we've seen how Sambi plays that role very well almost as good as Partey.

For those who think Partey is not our engine Room and ensures our dominance through how he beats press, give forward passes and always start buildups from the back receiving balls from our CBs. Hope we've seen how our CBs were confused because lokonga doesn't have the qualities to beat press and start attack from the CBs. We can see how he's easily subdued.

Oh, and our attack was subdued today again? Hmmm

Southampton up next cool

Saka is overwhelmed and need to rest, he is young with heavy burden. Is not how it should be. Saka need to be rested against Southampton.

Lokonga is not a DM. He will fair better with a senior player who will teach him. As much as many don't like Xhaka,he does a lot in that middle.

When I saw that middle ,I know only miracle can change things.

We just made our ambition not impossible but hard
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
daveP:

Conte's Spurs will decimate Arteta in this current state. No jokes. If its not Kane or Son, Dejan is there.

I was always harping on more goals, but its true we don't have a striker truly. That Lacazette and 20hrs no goals is deeper and painful than we see. Especially as Arteta saw Auba and Laca and had to let Auba go. O think he values the control than the results.
It's only a matter of time before it gets to this isn't it?? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Jodera and Lacazette are a match made in heaven. When I tell am say he loves Laca passionately my guy denied it.
grin grin grin

Lol, na you know.
My point about Laca have always always been clear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
Android22:
Lol
Sanchez's leg is what then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
Android22:

I see Sanchez's white boot. If it based on the pic, the offside isn't clear and obvious.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2022
johnjunior39:

Saka is overwhelmed and need to rest, he is young with heavy burden. Is not how it should be. Saka need to be rested against Southampton.

Lokonga is not a DM. He will fair better with a senior player who will teach him. As much as many don't like Xhaka,he does a lot in that middle.

When I saw that middle ,I know only miracle can change things.

We just made our ambition not impossible but hard
I pity Saka. In fact I pity the young lads.

Arteta needs to come up with a different formation other than 433 and quick cos it isn't the strength of this present players.

Saka is tired, and it'll be more work from him going forward since everyone will be looking up to him now for inspiration
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
Roland17:

I see Sanchez's white boot. If it based on the pic, the offside isn't clear and obvious.
if it's only Sanchez boot that's before him, then he's still off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Na like this season go end ... and we go buy Saka
grin cheesy grin cheesy wink

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
if it's only Sanchez boot that's behind him, then he's still off.

How?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

How?
You need AT LEAST 2 opposition players to be before you to be considered on.

From what I saw, it's only Sanchez (1 opposition player) that was before Martinelli
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
You need AT LEAST 2 opposition players to be before you to be considered on.

From what I saw, it's only Sanchez (1 opposition player) that was before Martinelli
Corner kick o when did that one start
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

How?
An attacking player must have at least two defenders in front of him when the ball is passed, unless he's behind the ball, or he's in his own half.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
daveP:

Arteta let Auba go for disciplinary issues. He's always favored Auba above Lacazette it's no secret.

As for the north London derby, anything can happen. This same high flying Tottenham was beaten by man utd coach by Ogbeni Raufu few weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

You can be offside from everything except a throw in.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

U can be offside after a corner is played now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
Unlimited22:

An attacking player must have at least two defenders in front of him when the ball is passed, unless he's behind the ball, or he's in his own half.
Does this apply to all players or attacking players only
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

Mostly in corner kicks, at least a player normally stay at the pole side to guard it which mostly never plays opposition players onside , but unfortunately for us no player was by the pole side to keep Martinelli onside.

The rule is just straight forward, at least two opposition players is to keep a player on. It can either be keeper and another outfield player or 2 outfield players.
In Martinelli case only 1 opposition player (Sanchez the keeper) kept him on
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
BlueRayDick:

U can be offside after a corner is played now.
Exactly after a corner is played the first touch will determine if corner kick rule still apply or normal play rule.
After the corner, an arsenal player win the first head(normal play should resume) in which martinelli came from behind to score
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
Mostly in corner kicks, at least a player normally stay at the pole side to guard it which mostly never plays opposition players onside , but unfortunately for us no player was by the pole side to keep Martinelli onside.

The rule is just straight forward, at least two opposition players is to keep a player on. It can either be keeper and another outfield player or 2 outfield players.
In Martinelli case only 1 opposition player (Sanchez the keeper) kept him on
This is defensive tactics not compulsory j use to think goalkeepers are the last line of defence
All these rules are strange to me I swear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
if it's only Sanchez boot that's behind him, then he's still off.

My take is, it is not clear and obvious by just looking at the pic above. If the offside is not vs Sanchez (based on the 2 player offside rule) why did we waste all 4 minutes drawing line and looking for wetin no loss? All the angles couldn't see Cucurella's feet/heel but they needed to justify the call.

You get my angle now?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2022
Roland17:

My take is, it is not clear and obvious by just looking at the pic above. If the offside is not vs Sanchez (based on the 2 player offside rule) why did we waste all 4 minutes drawing line and looking for wetin no loss? All the angles couldn't see Cucurella's feet/heel but they needed to justify the call.

You get my angle now?
Yea, I get where you coming from now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

This is defensive tactics not compulsory j use to think goalkeepers are the last line of defence
All these rules are strange to me I swear
grin grin
So many new stuff sha even tho Diz isn't new.
I think it's just getting highlighted more

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (3550) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jodera and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.