Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,971 members, 7,863,463 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2362590 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) ... (3550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

Exactly after a corner is played the first touch will determine if corner kick rule still apply or normal play rule.
After the corner, an arsenal player win the first head(normal play should resume) in which martinelli came from behind to score

Martinelli was offside cos he came from an offside position to connect the header na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
Jodera:
I read Tomi will be back (at least during the bench) against Southampton. Hopefully, he plays Tierney wing since he's two-footed and Xhaka returns back to midfield.

I don't think Tierney's injury would have had that much impact if only Tavarez showed that form he showed like at the beginning of the season. In fact, I will put it as the loss of confidence of Tavarez that scattered everything more cos it made Xhaka move away from that midfield.

My worry is that who will play that Partey role, except we shift back formation to 4231 instead of 433. We all know both Xhaka and Sambi can't play sole 4 at all.
Xhaka should partner Sambi.
Nketiah should start and Pepe needs more minutes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Arsenal got beaten by 2 small teams within 6 days

But we need to applaud him because he got rid of unserious Aubameyang grin
I heard Auba don exhaust his first touch and scoring bundle, you should be worried about how you people will resubscribe
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
And if we decide to part ways with Arteta, who will replace him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by andrewbaba44: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
mostob:
I heard Auba don exhaust his first touch and scoring bundle, you should be worried about how you people will resubscribe
grin

Dey console yourself

Auba has 7 goals in 8 Laliga games grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
50d33q:

Does this apply to all players or attacking players only
Haba
Offside rules apply to the attacking team na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Dey console yourself

Auba has 7 goals in 8 Laliga games grin
He should sha deliver that Europa for us...
cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by andrewbaba44: 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
mostob:
He should sha deliver that Europa for us...
cheesy

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
mostob:
Xhaka should partner Sambi.
Nketiah should start and Pepe needs more minutes
Yeah, it's better we just go back to that 4231. Xhaka and Sambi together.

I just wish the 3 are Saka, Odegaard and ESR while Martinelli plays 9 but Arteta won't think that way.
Moreso, I prefer Nketiah starting than Pepe if I'm to choose one between the two. Pepe is always infuriating to watch to be honest.

Conte and his spurs are not dropping points and the worst part is that they're picking up points with swagger. Long road for us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
mostob:
And if we decide to part ways with Arteta, who will replace him?
This is not even the time to be thinking about this sef. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
Asunwo nna fc ... Radarada of a team .. useless shakabula noise makers cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2022
I think we are having high hopes on these guys whereas some of them are stupid or just clueless
Something happened yesterday, we had a corner toward the end of the game, a short corner was played but was returned back to the person that played the corner.
I lost my shit that moment, can't even remember the 2 dimwits that were involved
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:42am On Apr 10, 2022
Jodera:
This is not even the time to be thinking about this sef. lipsrsealed
just thinking ahead ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:44am On Apr 10, 2022
Jodera:
Yeah, it's better we just go back to that 4231. Xhaka and Sambi together.

I just wish the 3 are Saka, Odegaard and ESR while Martinelli plays 9 but Arteta won't think that way.
Moreso, I prefer Nketiah starting than Pepe if I'm to choose one between the two. Pepe is always infuriating to watch to be honest.

Conte and his spurs are not dropping points and the worst part is that they're picking up points with swagger. Long road for us
There is one tall guy in our academy, Mollaj abi na moller Dem dey call am...maybe we should start using cross and nod tactic
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2022
mostob:
There is one tall guy in our academy, Mollaj abi na moller Dem dey call am...maybe we should start using cross and nod tactic
Moller
Arteta trusting youngsters is never in his dictionary unless he's force to or he's out of options

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
There are 3 phases of a football match and the two I pay attention to the most are the 1st 15 mins and 2nd 15 mins. Once I saw our first phase performance in the first half, I did not bother watching anymore and no surprises to come back at half time to see us a goal down.

Now I waited to see how the first phase of the second half would go and I was more than happy after 60 minutes to watch the game until the end simply because of the performance, the corner kicks forced, the free kicks forced and the dominance in the opponents half. Unfortunately we conceeded a second goal but at this point for me personally I saw what most of us clamoured for which was the right mentality, the right attitude and a performance and it was no surprise when we scored. Sadly we started badly and paid the price once again.

There are no excuses to be made but to look at that second half performance and ensure for all it's worth that these guys produce such consistently from every kickoff of the next games we have.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lfc most important match of the season, firminho is on bench..
Jodera will come and tell us how he's important to klopp and lfc grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
Westham are making it possible to keep arsenal in the UCL race and they have a back end to qualify if they win europa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
50d33q:
Westham are making it possible to keep arsenal in the UCL race and they have a back end to qualify if they win europa

West ham is not our immediate problem, it’s Tottenham . If Tottenham collect against Loserpool and we use derby level rub them
For ground we may have a shot at UCL qualification.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
BlueRayDick:

West ham is not our immediate problem, it’s Tottenham . If Tottenham collect against Loserpool and we use derby level rub them
For ground we may have a shot at UCL qualification.

Goal difference will play a major role too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
50d33q:
Lfc most important match of the season, firminho is on bench..
Jodera will come and tell us how he's important to klopp and lfc grin grin
Lol, Haba na.

Wetin concern me concern Firmino presently.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
mostob:
Not really cross and nod tactics but use longballs to bypass the midfield press when under pressure from the back. I raised this point earlier saying we need a striker/attacker in that's good with that but Blueray and Spy think say I dey hold brief for Lacazette grin

Anyways, na Moller you dey talk about, but I've not been hearing much about the guy oo. Maybe him no dey too shine for u23s grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin cheesy

The thing is that Lacazette is the least of our problems now Tbh. Even the Nketiah you're always clamouring for had over 30min to score but he didn't. I'm not even saying Laca is the best for us or shouldn't be benched, but who will bench him? Nketiah that's suppose to grab his opportunities now is not even scoring or showing that he wants it. At least, you won't say Nketiah isn't seeing shirt presently.

But that's by the way. Why I said Lacazette is the least of our problem in this structure is because the play is not heavily revolved around him.

Once that midfield creativity and balance is altered and subdued, then we'll be ready to see more games like today grin
Saying Lacazette is the least of our problems tells your whole story. It's sad for me because you don't know that our priority now is to score goals.

That Lacazette is not the focal point of the team structure means he is useless because of his performance.

As for Nketiah, he may not be the best idea of a good striker we need, has shown that he is a better prospect of goal scoring than Laca even in the last two games we lost he has struck the bar twice. I am not that's the goal we want but it tells us that if given more playing time to blend he can do better than what Laca is serving us currently.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Jencejyde:
There are 3 phases of a football match and the two I pay attention to the most are the 1st 15 mins and 2nd 15 mins. Once I saw our first phase performance in the first half, I did not bother watching anymore and no surprises to come back at half time to see us a goal down.

Now I waited to see how the first phase of the second half would go and I was more than happy after 60 minutes to watch the game until the end simply because of the performance, the corner kicks forced, the free kicks forced and the dominance in the opponents half. Unfortunately we conceeded a second goal but at this point for me personally I saw what most of us clamoured for which was the right mentality, the right attitude and a performance and it was no surprise when we scored. Sadly we started badly and paid the price once again.

There are no excuses to be made but to look at that second half performance and ensure for all it's worth that these guys produce such consistently from every kickoff of the next games we have.
That ability to break inertia with a strong momentum has been a big challenge for us against these smaller teams when we are under pressure to win. I believe it's the manager's job, or whoever does the team talk, or the club psychologist. We have it when closing games but really lack it during the first 15mins.

Are the boys mentally exhausted? Who is the leader who should be pushing the boys above their limits? I thought Ramsdale does that very well, what's gone wrong?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2022
Spy360:

Saying Lacazette is the least of our problems tells your whole story. It's sad for me because you don't know that our priority now is to score goals.

That Lacazette is not the focal point of the team structure means he is useless because of his performance.

As for Nketiah, he may not be the best idea of a good striker we need, has shown that he is a better prospect of goal scoring than Laca even in the last two games we lost he has struck the bar twice. I am not that's the goal we want but it tells us that if given more playing time to blend he can do better than what Laca is serving us currently.
The thing is presently Lacazette is useless in that number 9 position. Before at least he doesn't score but at least he brings other things he brings to the table, but now he's not scoring, not linking up play, not assisting and not even pressing from the front again. It seems he's even lost all hope and that's the worrying part coming from a whole captain.

Like you said, Nketiah might not be the solution but at least, he's way way better than Lacazette now and I agree. Laca have lost it.
I just hope Arteta gets sense and do the needful

The way forward to salvage our season now is to start either Nketiah or Martinelli as CF (I prefer Martinelli tho) and revert back to our 4231 with Sambi and Xhaka together. I still feel we can still push forward as long as Arteta will move away from that 433 for now till Partey comes back. Tavarez needs to be back and needs some talking to get him back to form

The boys shouldn't lose head. Not now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Spy360:

That ability to break inertia with a strong momentum has been a big challenge for us against these smaller teams when we are under pressure to win. I believe it's the manager's job, or whoever does the team talk, or the club psychologist. We have it when closing games but really lack it during the first 15mins.

Are the boys mentally exhausted? Who is the leader who should be pushing the boys above their limits? I thought Ramsdale does that very well, what's gone wrong?

Manager and Club Psychologist are responsible for this. If a team has a mental block then it's up to those two to fix it especially the latter.

Sadly it would have been easier to overcome if the team had more leaders mentally and technically. As I alluded before that you need more than 50 percent of the team at consistent high levels to see you through at all times. Consistency of those performers is key here and sadly that's not been the case too.

I really don't know where we go from here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2022
One thing about that first 15 mins of any game is for you to size up your opponents and there are two possible outcomes. If you start well enough and they are slow of the block then you will most likely punish them with a goal or more seizing the early initiative.
Second outcome is if you start with good momentum and they also counter your early momentum with good aggression, then you know that this is a team that is well prepared and you now refocus on seeing balance of domination going into the second 15 mins( also a rest period where complete super technique in use of the ball distribution and retention is required rather than energetic runs) before making a another aggressive move in the final 15 mins depending on the situation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Jodera:
The thing is presently Lacazette is useless in that number 9 position. Before at least he doesn't score but at least he brings other things he brings to the table, but now he's not scoring, not linking up play, not assisting and not even pressing from the front again. It seems he's even lost all hope and that's the worrying part coming from a whole captain.

Like you said, Nketiah might not be the solution but at least, he's way way better than Lacazette now and I agree. Laca have lost it.
I just hope Arteta gets sense and do the needful

The way forward to salvage our season now is to start either Nketiah or Martinelli as CF (I prefer Martinelli tho) and revert back to our 4231 with Sambi and Xhaka together. I still feel we can still push forward as long as Arteta will move away from that 433 for now till Partey comes back. Tavarez needs to be back and needs some talking to get him back to form

The boys shouldn't lose head. Not now.
Moving Martinelli to the centre will weaken the LW where he is more productive for us. I think Nketiah is just being overlooked. He was rubbish against Villa, but has been good in the last two games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
Spy360:

Moving Martinelli to the centre will weaken the LW where he is more productive for us. I think Nketiah is just being overlooked. He was rubbish against Villa, but has been good in the last two games.
ESR is an able deputy in that left wing so it's not really an issue.
Though whether Nketiah or Martinelli is better as long as Lacazette is out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
Maintland Niles consistently warming bench in Roma. When will someone tell this boy that midfield is not for him and that he would have been seeing more minutes anywhere as a fullback.
Even TAA that's a recognised fullback was a midfielder at Liverpool academy but played fullback when they lacked one just as how Ainsley broke out too. Now he's a regular player with both club and country while Ainsley still dey do strong head
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jodera:
Maintland Niles consistently warming bench in Roma. When will someone tell this boy that midfield is not for him and that he would have been seeing more minutes anywhere as a fullback.
Even TAA that's a recognised fullback was a midfielder at Liverpool academy but played fullback when they lacked one just as how Ainsley broke out too. Now he's a regular player with both club and country while Ainsley still dey do strong head
Some people cannot discover their destiny until it's too late.

AMN would have been a brilliant FB until Arteta. He loves FBs that can drift into midfield and create loads of tactical opportunities and tweaking. But AMN nor want hear. sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jodera:
ESR is an able deputy in that left wing so it's not really an issue.
Though whether Nketiah or Martinelli is better as long as Lacazette is out.
I'd rather have Nketiah at CF than ESR at LW as it stands today. However both gives us options in attack.

Like what Jencejyde was lamenting about, not signing a striker in Jan may cost Arteta big time. But still keeping faith with Lacazette will cost Arteta more. He will regret it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) ... (3550) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jodera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.