Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332038 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Spy360:

It's an insult to Lehman and an embaraasment to Ramsdale. What has Ramsdale achieved that will warrant any comparison? And can't we wait for Ramsdale to prove his potentials before comparing? sad

Nwanne, we call it recency bias.

Lehman was a beast in his prime. Fearless, courageous, instinctive, powerful/ strong fist (could pass as a boxer with the power in his fist) aggressive and a shot stopper, especially 1v1.

He did not tease opponents, naaaaa…he literally bullied opposing players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Spy360:

Even Ramsdale will feel embarrassed by the comparison.
I swear. I was even surprised the guy brought the comparison up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Honestly,

Holding substitution has made me laugh many times.
Because I know many opposing coaches,
Once they see that holding is on the touch line to be brought in, they would be looking at arteta like" is it to early"
Haha... Holding with the close shop number.
Means game done finish
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jodera:
If you don't mind asking, esp the bolded, do you watch Lehmann play for us.
Esp that run to the UCL final?
Ofcourse Yes I did. But forget it as that was one in a million performance by Lehmann back then as we have never had any goalkeeper that is as consistent as David Seaman Honestly.

Else All our former Goalkeepers are crap except for Petr cech because of his previous performance for Chelsea and that was why we never do well in Europe

But I believe that if we qualify for champions league and Aaron Ramsdale is being exposed further, he would certainly come out good in the Long run towards becoming the BEST GOALKEEPER WE HAVE EVER HAD
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lush100:
Honestly,

Holding substitution has made me laugh many times.
Because I know many opposing coaches,
Once they see that holding is on the touch line to be brought in, they would be looking at arteta like" is it to early"
Haha... Holding with the close shop number.
Means game done finish
That's the password grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kbs468:

Ofcourse Yes I did. But forget it as that was one in a million performance by Lehmann back then as we have never had any goalkeeper that is as consistent as David Seaman Honestly.

Else All our former Goalkeepers are crap except for Petr cech because of his previous performance for Chelsea and that was why we never do well in Europe

But I believe that if we qualify for champions league and Aaron Ramsdale is being exposed further, he would certainly come out good in the Long run towards becoming the BEST GOALKEEPER WE HAVE EVER HAD
Lol... I believe your getting ahead concerning Ramsdale cos he's not even done anything remarkable yet. But then, I respect your opinion

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kbs468:

We could discuss Seaman Vs Lehman. But not Ramsdale, he has not even completed a full season with us. undecided

Your bolded is pure speculation not fact.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Gabriel Jesus sef....why must he start banging in goals the moment he got linked to us...now Pep might be forced to keep him or his price might go higher.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:52am On Apr 27, 2022
Somewhere in Nigeria Spy365 wants Jodera to bow down and worship him for this revelation he received before flesh and blood revealed it to Arteta grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 6:25am On Apr 27, 2022
mostob:
Gabriel Jesus sef....why must he start banging in goals the moment he got linked to us...now Pep might be forced to keep him or his price might go higher.
He will come because halaand is going to city and he won't like to be on bench especially when WC is around the corner
Roland17 this guy have been on different beast mode since the last time we spoke about him I think we should go all out for him then we get ivan Toney as backup if nketiah leave with balogun as under study

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Somewhere in Nigeria Spy365 wants Jodera to bow down and worship him for this revelation he received before flesh and blood revealed it to Arteta grin
cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2022
50d33q:

He will come because halaand is going to city and he won't like to be on bench especially when WC is around the corner
Roland17 this guy have been on different beast mode since the last time we spoke about him I think we should go all out for him then we get ivan Toney as backup if nketiah leave with balogun as under study
I don't rate Toney.

We will need 4 strikers next season. Nketiah and Balogun plus two to be added- likely Jesus and Osimhen.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:55am On Apr 27, 2022
Spy360:

I don't rate Toney.

We will need 4 strikers next season. Nketiah and Balogun plus two to be added- likely Jesus and Osimhen.
I don't like the idea of buying players from another league especially CF that will struggle to adapt
Moreover I don't really rate osihmeh maybe cause he's Nigerian I will take 2 CF plus balogun making 3
Nketiah and lacazette should go we still have midfield to settle
Xhaka must go or be bench from next season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2022
I don't rate oshimen.
I prefer we buy gabriel Jesus and maybe another striker especially one that is good at heading.
Laca should go.
Martinelli and balogun should learn the CF role.
Nketiah could stay.
Bring Saliba back, play 3 at the back when needed.
Keep Rob Holding.
Find another partner for T.Partey we can try Elneny and Partey or buy this brazilian midfielder we want to buy do he can partner Partey.
Xhaka should be a squad player or sell and keep Elneny
Pepe can be sold.
Mari, Torerria, Guendozi sold.
Learn to take out Partey after 65 minutes.
This is assuming we get the UCL spot.
We can buy Gnarbi too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2022
Lush100:
I don't rate oshimen.
I prefer we buy gabriel Jesus and maybe another striker especially one that is good at heading.
Laca should go.
Nketiah could stay.
Keep Rob Holding.
Find another partner for T.Partey we can try Elneny and Partey or buy this brazilian midfielder we want to buy do he can partner Partey.
Pepe can be sold.
We can buy Gnarbi too.
If we are winning comfortably partey should be off by 70mins and we introduce azeez or partino to start giving them game time
We can get bissouma or Brentford onyenka
You are right about xhaka and elneny
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Spy360:

We could discuss Seaman Vs Lehman. But not Ramsdale, he has not even completed a full season with us. undecided

Your bolded is pure speculation not fact.
I probably think that you didn't read my last paragraph before reaching your conclusion which informed your decision to respond to my comment immediately, Else you would have seen that I was actually projecting the future of Aaron Ramsdale and Our Goalkeepers comparison though and not that I am actually giving Aaron Ramsdale a pass Mark over and above Jens Lehmann and/or David Seaman as the case May be indeed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2022
50d33q:

I don't like the idea of buying players from another league especially CF that will struggle to adapt
Moreover I don't really rate osihmeh maybe cause he's Nigerian I will take 2 CF plus balogun making 3
Nketiah and lacazette should go we still have midfield to settle
Xhaka must go or be bench from next season
B1: I think it's Nigerian familiarity that is making you not rate Osimhen. grin I can tell you for free, that he is one of the best strikers in the world today. Among the best 10. He is quick, he is strong, good in the air, good ball holding, good finishing with power shot, good mentality too, team player, etc. Let me shock you further, he is better than Darwin Nunez.

B2: Start getting used to Nketiah as our striker. With his performances so far, he will end up as our main striker and will get a renewed contract. He can be a reliable backup.

B3: It have yet when people wants to see the back of Xhaka but all have failed till date. Xhaka will be here next season. He has a very good dibia. Just commot mind from his matter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lush100:
I don't rate oshimen.
Laca should go.
Nketiah could stay.
Keep Rob Holding.
Pepe can be sold.
We can buy Gnarbi too.
I respect that it is your opinion.

I support we get Saliba back. But it will be difficult for Elneny to displace Xhaka. Many managers have tried to replace Xhaka but failed. Xhaka is an enigma. The only solution is to get a reliable backup midfielder, someone that will be given the challenge of displacing him. But it's not something we can just wish away.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Lol, even if I'm Arteta, I'll say the same thing sef grin

But if given same situation and same pressure I still trust Arteta to repeat what he did to Nketiah. It's normal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
50d33q:

E come be like say we jinx the thing. Pesin wen no see anything don dey score anyhow, now him price go come go up! You are right, I doubt he stays at City if Haaland joins them.
As for Ivan Toney, I no too gbadun the guy. He does have good energy and is physical but I don’t think he has good movement and finishing technique wen me dey find. He kind of reminds me of Watkins.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Roland17:

E come be like say we jinx the thing. Pesin wen no see anything don dey score anyhow, now him price go come go up! You are right, I doubt he stays at City if Haaland joins them.
As for Ivan Toney, I no too gbadun the guy. He does have good energy and is physical but I don’t think he has good movement and finishing technique wen me dey find. He kind of reminds me of Watkins.
Yes you are right about Watkins and Toney I am looking at them as squad player that can make things happen if we need them not the main CF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
50d33q:

Yes you are right about Watkins and Toney I am looking at them as squad player that can make things happen if we need them not the main CF

Ok…I like your idea of giving one or both of Patino/ Azzez understudy minutes with the first team next season. Personally for me, it would be Patino because he has caught up with Azzez and is a more creative and dominant player from deep. He may just need good cover though.

We need to invest heavily on our midfield and attack especially if we clinch top 4. Clinching top 4 makes us more attractive but I hope we can get the players with the right mentality about winning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
Roland17:

Ok…I like your idea of giving one or both of Patino/ Azzez understudy minutes with the first team next season. Personally for me, it would be Patino because he has caught up with Azzez and is a more creative and dominant player from deep. He may just need good cover though.

We need to invest heavily on our midfield and attack especially if we clinch top 4. Clinching top 4 makes us more attractive but I hope we can get the players with the right mentality about winning.
Arteta does good recruitment. I trust him to make the best selections.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, would prefer a move to Arsenal over Newcastle. (Football Insider)

Arsenal's 21-year-old France defender William Saliba - currently on loan at Marseille - plans to return to the Gunners this summer and fight for his place in Mikel Arteta's side. (Teamtalk)

Success sure has many brothers and sisters.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Spy360:
Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, would prefer a move to Arsenal over Newcastle. (Football Insider)

Arsenal's 21-year-old France defender William Saliba - currently on loan at Marseille - plans to return to the Gunners this summer and fight for his place in Mikel Arteta's side. (Teamtalk)

Success sure has many brothers and sisters.
grin grin grin

Na reason why I dey always say we need top 4 this season. UCL football they open doors to clubs and make clubs attractive
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:11am On Apr 29, 2022
Spy360:

Gabriel Jesus deal is almost certain, unless Man City offers him a new contract he will most certainly join Arsenal.

As for the list, I will choose Osimhen and Nunez.
The hornets nest is shaking. Next week will be fum in these negotiations.

I hear Richalison is becoming a focus too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Just for information.
The contract of Salah, Mane, keita and Firmino runs expires at the end of next season.
Let's see how they handle theirs.
From rumors, I hear Salah wants more money but the players has come out to say it's not about money.
Now that klopp contract has been extended to 2026.
Let's see.

*NB
Contract issue is an issue for every club.
Remember this guy from newcastle ran down his contract and left for PSG.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
Focus son, focus....
grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
mostob:
Focus son, focus....
grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
mostob:
Focus son, focus....
grin

Omo Ologo the GOAT!

Make nobody disagree or argue with me this morning oh! angry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
Roland17:

Omo Ologo the GOAT!

Make nobody disagree or argue with me this morning oh! angry

The 6th best young player in the world. Who dare argue with you? He should come out grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin
Na so...make dem.no distract my guy.
He was handing her the award in one shot, then he faced the camera while doing his 'are you entertained?' celebration by pointing to her...
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), Fkhalifa(m), AdisaOwala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.