Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,122 members, 7,842,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2345451 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2664) (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) ... (3542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mikuz(m): 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:
Their performance this preseason have been poor not just against arsenal. You notice how nobody is talking about the 4-0. What they're just being concerned is their lack of firepower

You told us that pre season matches are useless but you see that nobody likes his team losing massively whether pre season or not let alone a big rival. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
Spy grin
3 out of 4 central defenders played yesterday. Arteta said Tomi will be able to join the team in a week time which means we might have to play the same backline that played today for the first 5 or 6 games of the season. Now, you said we should sell Holding and Mari and buy another left-footed CB. I disagree because the new CB might take a lot of time to adapt so why sell Holding who has been proven? It's nothing personal.
Like you said, we can get a new CB because there's no backup for Gabriel and a fee for Mari will be small. Unless the club will be willing to invest in another defender which I doubt. Holding playing in LCB will not work in this Arteta squad especially when injuries begins to deplete the starting eleven.

However, it's not my decision. Arteta should know better than me.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spy360:

You know say dem nor dey respect me for this thread. When I see talent from far I know while sitting down.

I said it here that the boy will be Partey's backup. His intelligence and footbal sense is there. He only needs to bulk up and not be bullied.

But Jodera will not agree. tongue
You know ending of last season (like 1-2weeks after end of season) I vehemently said Sambi can't play Partey role (base 6) but with his skillset he has he can comfortably play one of the double 8 role especially Xhaka role.

There's a reason why I asked you what position he played when he played against Orlando and that's because I read it was one of the double 8 (Xhaka role) he played. Yesterday, he played same role again, so I read too. Even Arteta acknowledged he'll be one of the double 8s in one of his quotes after the Orlando game

Why I've not even called your notice to it is because I hardly watch preseason games and I wouldn't want to use hearsay to back up my points.

No worry, we go enter this matter when season starts properly wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
the reason Sambi is not playing is his Physique and frame. The guy na baller. He will probably deputise for Xhaka because Arteta said he is looking for a new role for Sambi.
You have a good point here. He's been playing that role this preseason and has goals plus assists.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
Some people no get shame at all. They were looking for Sterling their new signing for 45mins only to find him sleeping in Saliba's pocket, yet Dem no check if Dem don buy bad market again, na to devalue our shining new assets be their problem... Tue kelebe!

No mind dem.

Some go just come here open their mouth waaaaa to expose their insecurities. Nobody for here has celebrated anything including results since the preseason, if anything everyone is cautious. The 2 things we have discussed extensively are the conditioning of our players and how to trim our squad. But of course some of them have the compulsion to show us their tears.

I no just understand some people. It's one thing to banter, it another thing to just make a joke of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
Parrie:

@Spy360, any day your MCM appear like dis, make u know say I don complete my work...I will also shave his eyebrows grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:
You know ending of last season (like 1-2weeks after end of season) I vehemently said Sambi can't play Partey role (base 6) but with his skillset he has he can comfortably play one of the double 8 role especially Xhaka role.

There's a reason why I asked you what position he played when he played against Orlando and that's because I read it was one of the double 8 (Xhaka role) he played. Yesterday, he played same role again, so I read too. Even Arteta acknowledged he'll be one of the double 8s in one of his quotes after the Orlando game

Why I've not even called your notice to it is because I hardly watch preseason games and I wouldn't want to use hearsay to back up my points.

No worry, we go enter this matter when season starts properly wink

I agreed with you that he can play the no8 but I disagreed that he can't play no 6. He can. He only needs to add some weight. He has the technical and football intelligence to play it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Jod.era I Dan catch am
Na generational talent kaikai harvertz

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1551006911633522688?t=X8H9yPbSzp-cOXNaCrok-Q&s=19
Omo, see the deleting cheesy

I like that move. Na this kinda LB we need abeg. E be like say Tierney time for bench don dey reach sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spy360:

I agreed with you that he can play the no8 but I disagreed that he can't play no 6. He can. He only needs to add some weight. He has the technical and football intelligence to play it.
Well, at least he's proved that he can play 8 which I suspected and underwhelmed in the 6 last season.

Till he adds weight and have that presence (which he lacked last season against Southampton and Brighton) before I'll agree. Till then it's 8 for sure smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Roland17:

@Spy360, any day your MCM appear like dis, make u know say I don complete my work...I will also shave his eyebrows grin grin
grin grin grin grin

Take his hair not his head I plea...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:

I like that move. Na this kinda LB we need abeg. E be like say Tierney time for bench don dey reach sha
If na me I go sell Tierney before he turn diaby and leave tavarez
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Roland17:
Una see this Saliba matter, I neva ready to table am for here. I even chop all kinds of insult and cuss on top this boy matter for here, receipt full everywhere.

Make my boy just carry this form enter EPL season fees, the kain dragging wen I go drag some of una for here!

Lol ... Wahaleux grin
All these pending violence sha grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:

I don't see how Arteta spends 35M on Zinchenko, only for him to be a bench player. ZInchenko is a more reliable and technically gifted player than Tierney but Tierney is a better defender with pace.

I have a strong feeling that Arteta may employ the 4-2-3-1 formation he used yesterday along with the bulk of the starters to start the EPL season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spy360:

Xhaka na wayo man. The more quality players you bring to bench him the more his quality improves. Xhaka was lord of the field yesterday.
I don talk am since. Reason why I no dey always count Xhaka among people to loan/sell. The Kain "anointing" wey the guy get eh, e too strong grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
iamoyindamola:

If na me I go sell Tierney before he turn diaby and leave tavarez
Na another thing sha, but he's good sha. If he can be a backup to Zinchenko no problem. At least, his injury and over reliance on him will reduce.

I also like Tavarez too oo, he just needs to work on his concentration and positioning and get his confidence back. If he resolves those three issues, he'll be a very very good Lb
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Roland17:

I don't see how Arteta spends 35M on Zinchenko, only for him to be a bench player. ZInchenko is a more reliable and technically gifted player than Tierney but Tierney is a better defender with pace.

I have a strong feeling that Arteta may employ the 4-2-3-1 formation he used yesterday along with the bulk of the starters to start the EPL season.
Me too. I feel that's our starting 11 especially against crystal palace. There's a reason only Saliba and Gabriel where the only ones that completed 90min and that's a strong message.

I'm really positive about this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
the reason Sambi is not playing is his Physique and frame. The guy na baller. He will probably deputise for Xhaka because Arteta said he is looking for a new role for Sambi.
I know this, you know this, Arteta knows this, but Mr Spy still sees Sambi as Partey's replacement grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spy360:

Xhaka na wayo man. The more quality players you bring to bench him the more his quality improves. Xhaka was lord of the field yesterday.

Jodera:
I don talk am since. Reason why I no dey always count Xhaka among people to loan/sell. The Kain "anointing" wey the guy get eh, e too strong grin

Xhaka na juju man angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I still don't agree. Europa group stage holding and either Saliba or White (depending on who is 2nd choice) will pair with him. Plus there's 5 sub rule. White can play RB, so Holding is this necessary
Thank you. The Kuli wey Chelsea buy, we saw wetin he played yesterday. We don't know if na Maguire pro max we will later buy and by that time, we will be regretting selling Holding.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:
I know this, you know this, Arteta knows this, but Mr Spy still sees Sambi as Partey's replacement grin

If Sambi is half as strong as Partey, he will be a perfect replacement but the guy too soft grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spy360:

Like you said, we can get a new CB because there's no backup for Gabriel and a fee for Mari will be small. Unless the club will be willing to invest in another defender which I doubt. Holding playing in LCB will not work in this Arteta squad especially when injuries begins to deplete the starting eleven.

However, it's not my decision. Arteta should know better than me.
Ok
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:
Their performance this preseason have been poor not just against arsenal. You notice how nobody is talking about the 4-0. What they're just being concerned is their lack of firepower
And to think they once had Werner and Lukaku. Tuchel na one Kain coach.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
Roland17:

No mind dem.

Some go just come here open their mouth waaaaa to expose their insecurities. Nobody for here has celebrated anything including results since the preseason, if anything everyone is cautious. The 2 things we have discussed extensively are the conditioning of our players and how to trim our squad. But of course some of them have the compulsion to show us their tears.

I no just understand some people. It's one thing to banter, it another thing to just make a joke of yourself.
It's just stupidity
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jodera:
Hopefully we go make top 4 this season to break the Xhaka curse
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
One thing about our current squad is everybody knows and accepts their responsibility. If you're not playing, you just need to do something...

Some days ago, T-bag was sharing water during the training. Today, he was out cameraman.... Last season, Arteta turned to ball boy and he got a pre assist.

If you don't trust the process, na OYO you dey grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
Thank you. The Kuli wey Chelsea buy, we saw wetin he played yesterday. We don't know if na Maguire pro max we will later buy and by that time, we will be regretting selling Holding.
Lol, it's not as if Arteta or even Pep haven't paired same legged players in CB before. As long as we've White, Gabriel and Saliba, I'm Okay with anyone as 4th choice CB. We have other pressing issues at hand to be worried about 2nd choice Lcb

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
If Sambi is half as strong as Partey, he will be a perfect replacement but the guy too soft grin
Exactly. That role is too demanding. E no need soft person at all

Until Sambi bulks up and start showing presence in defending, it'll be difficult for me to accept that he'll replace Partey easily

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
And to think they once had Werner and Lukaku. Tuchel na one Kain coach.
Lol.. they still had Werner bros grin

As long as Werner, Havertz and ziyech make 2/3 or all of their attack, EPL will mostly be happy. Na just Sterling wey dem sign don add small stuff to their attack grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
One thing about our current squad is everybody knows and accepts their responsibility. If you're not playing, you just need to do something...

Some days ago, T-bag was sharing water during the training. Today, he was out cameraman.... Last season, Arteta turned to ball boy and he got a pre assist.

If you don't trust the process, na OYO you dey grin grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
Hopefully we go make top 4 this season to break the Xhaka curse
Amin ooo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spy360 please I want to ask a question

Let's assume we sell Holding and Mari and get an Lcb. Assuming as the season progresses unfortunately Gabriel gets injured, who do you think will replace him. Is Saliba/White or new CB?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
mikuz:

You told us that pre season matches are useless but you see that nobody likes his team losing massively whether pre season or not let alone a big rival. grin
Check most cries from Chelsea fans, nobody is crying about losing 4-0 to arsenal because it's a Derby. What they're concerned about is that the issue concerning their attack they faced last season is still rearing its ugly head again as it hasn't been fixed.

Preseason is to set your team in terms of fitness and performances. You think if this result and play happened this season we arsenal fans won't be 5x joyful more than this or Chelsea fan won't insult Tuchel more than this?

Show me at least two Chelsea fan in Chelsea that's ranting that they lost the game 4-0 to Arsenal as a Derby rival and I'll apologize to you immediately

(1) (2) (3) ... (2664) (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) ... (3542) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.