Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2316617 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
BlueRayDick:
The fact that they gave him Mustafi's number 20 speaks a lot 🤦‍♂️

U will not kill mustafi .
Even after he is gone.
Meanwhile crystal palace have signed Lokonga
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lush100:

U will not kill mustafi .
Even after he is gone.
Meanwhile crystal palace have signed Lokonga
On loan??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Branzy(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
donstan18:

I personally don’t like Jorginho kind of DM, but if truth must be told; The worst thing you’ll ever do is judge a player based on reactions from Chelsea fans.

Fact has it that Jorginho has the most number of forward passes from a DM in EPL.

Jorginho bodying every damn defensive midfield stats in our UCL win and Italy’s Euro wins to Uefa award and 3rd on ballon d’or voting should have taught some of us a lesson.

He’s just sluggish and not fast. That’s all. But he’s a quality dm, a dm Chelsea obviously do not need anymore.

Don't fall for the stat trick. Chelsea fans know weten we done see

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
daveP:
Xhaka was slow, Even Zinch was Slow, but Partey was fast enough to stop Antony that night. Something Jorg can never ever do till season ends. I don't like the sound of this. I don't even see Jorg as a CDM atall. He never fits into the dirty work midfielder even if he has interceptions. Tackling and blocks, recoveries are not his forte atall. Unless the idea is to let Xhaka sit back, which i don't see happening.

Miss buy to me!!😒😒
He will definitely be leaning on Xhaka Chan otherwise, una don enter 1 chance be that.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Branzy:

Tell them bro. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2023
Jodera:
Na that strength and defensive qualities dey make me wail cos nobody dey doubt him technical aspect.
He's even old now, so the speed won't be there too.

To have Xhaka and Odegaard with Jorginho at the base deh fear me.

Shey Arteta don miss the old Xhaka wey dey collect red cards ni?
This is JUST the beginning.
Everton loading... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 3:44am On Feb 01, 2023
Jodera:
The kind incredible stats I dey see from Jorginho ehhh...
Especially his 2022/2023 stats or his overall PL stats — e dey amazing

Shebi no be this same Jorginho again abi e get another one wey we no know? shocked shocked

Jogginghoe jumps into tackle a lot that's why his tackle stat is always up there

Hundreds of occasions another midfielder will use body to shade opponent off the ball, Jogginghoe will jump into tackle because of his weak body

Other times he is suppose to sprint, recover ball and give to teammate, he is too slow so he will make a lunging tackle and put the ball out of play or anywhere goes which could still fall back to an opposition player (though it's a successful tackle)

You see the way Partey chased down Antony and simply collected the ball with his speed, and then his body? That doesn't count as a tackle or interception in football, but that is the most common way of regaining possession in football, not tackle, interception etc, simply getting there and putting your body infront of your opponent. Expect ZERO of that from Jogginghoe

No stats he has is effective in a forward thinking team, he only gathers defensive stats while bus parking. His passing stats only come in easy games, when the game is mid to tough, he will turn to bus parker.

Let's not talk about press resistance, he is totally lacking in that. Those comparing to Busquet have no clue. Its so bad, Nateevs said Zakaria who has an unstable touch is more press resistant than Jogginghoe. Una done buy market, simple.

The only thing Jogginghoe has is brain. He knows how to position and drag others to position around him in a community defence so his lack of pace doesn't get exposed. . but that's not what you need in an attacking team

Just pray Partey never get injured. Partey plus Jogginghoe combination should be OK against most teams, thought still less effective than Partey plus Xhaka. Just never pray for Jogginghoe plus Xhaka combination

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 4:44am On Feb 01, 2023
This Arsenal thread go reach 10000 pages very soon. The Jogginhoe effect. cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:56am On Feb 01, 2023
Ibime:

Jogginghoe jumps into tackle a lot that's why his tackle stat is always up there

Hundreds of occasions another midfielder will use body to shade opponent off the ball, Jogginghoe will jump into tackle because of his weak body

Other times he is suppose to sprint, recover ball and give to teammate, he is too slow so he will make a lunging tackle and put the ball out of play or anywhere goes which could still fall back to an opposition player (though it's a successful tackle)

You see the way Partey chased down Antony and simply collected the ball with his speed, and then his body? That doesn't count as a tackle or interception in football, but that is the most common way of regaining possession in football, not tackle, interception etc, simply getting there and putting your body infront of your opponent. Expect ZERO of that from Jogginghoe

No stats he has is effective in a forward thinking team, he only gathers defensive stats while bus parking. His passing stats only come in easy games, when the game is mid to tough, he will turn to bus parker.

Let's not talk about press resistance, he is totally lacking in that. Those comparing to Busquet have no clue. Its so bad, Nateevs said Zakaria who has an unstable touch is more press resistant than Jogginghoe. Una done buy market, simple.

The only thing Jogginghoe has is brain. He knows how to position and drag others to position around him in a community defence so his lack of pace doesn't get exposed. . but that's not what you need in an attacking team

Just pray Partey never get injured. Partey plus Jogginghoe combination should be OK against most teams, thought still less effective than Partey plus Xhaka. Just never pray for Jogginghoe plus Xhaka combination

I just don't know why people are not seeing this. Even me wey dey play RB and RWF when I dey play amateur football Sabi play DM pass this Jogginghoe mehn!

The few times he attempts to put his body in front of his opponent, he gets bounced off the Ball with paperweight ; just like say breeze dey blow kite away 🤦‍♂️.

Jogginghoe vs a physical team like Newcastle will teach Arteta a lesson he will not forget cos those guys will keep hassling him in the middle of the park and keep forcing him to pass to the defenders and keeper. We must learn a lesson!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:08am On Feb 01, 2023
mostob:
Different system, different player. Jorginho usually has a runner as his partner at Chelsea in Kovacic and Kante. He wouldn't get that at Arsenal as Xhaka and Ode will be a bit far from him. Part of Partey's function is the efficient ball-winning which I don't think Jorginho has in his bank.
You are right on the bolded.

I am only trusting the process as Arteta was the one who requested for him. He definitely has a plan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2023
Spy360:

You are right on the bolded.

I am only trusting the process as Arteta was the one who requested for him. He definitely has a plan.
We wait and watch but I'm not expecting anything exciting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:07am On Feb 01, 2023
Jodera:
The kind incredible stats I dey see from Jorginho ehhh...
Especially his 2022/2023 stats or his overall PL stats — e dey amazing

Shebi no be this same Jorginho again abi e get another one wey we no know? shocked shocked
You always bring up stats to defend your arguments but now that you have seen stats, you still no agree. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:08am On Feb 01, 2023
mostob:
We wait and watch but I'm not expecting anything exciting
Jorginho based on his defensive stats may be used to close up games especially against tough teams. Similar to Holding.

My thinking though.

I just dey imagine wetin make Arteta sign the guy. I just dey imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 6ixT8: 8:17am On Feb 01, 2023
Ibime:

Hopefully you would be gracious enough to tender an unreserved apologies to him for all those slanders. If he happened to fit into the Arsenal enabling system by topping stats with great match winning performances when put on; cos he was signed to understudy the Arsenal midfielders while he get the premier league medal return.

If Jorginho click for Arsenal, the way the go drag you ehn grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:20am On Feb 01, 2023
when you guys are tired of talking about jorginho and his flaws una go rest. the club, director and coach identified jorginho as a better temporary backup to partey instead of depending on awilo or paying that huge amount for a rockie knowing fully well that we are going for rice in the summer, gave him a contract that shows what they intend with him, so what is actually the wails all about, yes we all know jorginho de mumu but so was xhaka, una de talk like say there's nothing good about him.
i've seen the best from jorginho and i just pray arteta can help bring it back. all these noise reminds me of odegard and that maddison saga, where we all were screaming no! no! but look who's bossing it day in day out. oga he don come be say he don come, all we can do is support him and the club.

ps=he's an arteta signing.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 6ixT8: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2023
Branzy:

What If na agendas?

They can't be knowledgeable than the manager and coaches that used him.

Make we just dey hope he cliq when call up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2023
Nonsense!

Lokonga was Arteta's signing.

Willian Was Arteta's signing.

Pablo Mari was Arteta's signing as well.

If u think Arteta is incapable of making rubbish signings, just dey play!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:15am On Feb 01, 2023
donstan18:

I personally don’t like Jorginho kind of DM, but if truth must be told; The worst thing you’ll ever do is judge a player based on reactions from Chelsea fans.

Fact has it that Jorginho has the most number of forward passes from a DM in EPL.

Jorginho bodying every damn defensive midfield stats in our UCL win and Italy’s Euro wins to Uefa award and 3rd on ballon d’or voting should have taught some of us a lesson.

He’s just sluggish and not fast. That’s all. But he’s a quality dm, a dm Chelsea obviously do not need anymore.
He's not fast and he's not physical plus that stats gave clue that he's dribbled past almost 2 times per game.

Omo, that trait for a defensive Midfielder is alarming and that's what I'm afraid of. The day we go meet physical and dominating teams without Partey in that Midfield na that day you go know say we don enter
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2023
Ray07:
Tell me you're dreaming. cheesy grin cheesy grin
Lol, he's an arsenal player. I can't hate him forever na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2023
BlueRayDick:
The fact that they gave him Mustafi's number 20 speaks a lot 🤦‍♂️
But they gave Trossard Pepe number na grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Windscribe: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2023
ObaIgwe1:
Full squad as it stands:

GK: Ramsdale, Turner
RB: White, Tomiyasu
RCB: Saliba, Holding
LCB: Gabriel, Kiwior
LB: Zinchenko, KT
DM: Partey, Jorginho
Left #8: Xhaka, Vieira
Right #8: Odegaard, ESR
RW: Saka, Nelson
LW: Martinelli, Trossard
CF: Jesus, Eddie

Trossard is the addition that gives me some joy this window, but we move.
Eddie has paid his dues and should continue as the main 9.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2023
Shegzdave:

On loan??
Yeah, on loan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:19am On Feb 01, 2023
FBS:

This is JUST the beginning.
Everton loading... cheesy
Lol... He's not a starter. So I'm not worried for the match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2023
Ibime:

Thank you for this.

Na when situation hot for Midfield we go know the real Jorginho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:23am On Feb 01, 2023
FBS:
This Arsenal thread go reach 10000 pages very soon. The Jogginhoe effect. cheesy
Maybe 200 since he won't be a starter (hopefully) grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2023
Jodera:

But they gave Trossard Pepe number na grin grin grin

Pepe na just yahoo boy, Mustafi on the other hand na armed robber plus murderer grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:33am On Feb 01, 2023
Spy360:

You always bring up stats to defend your arguments but now that you have seen stats, you still no agree. undecided
if you notice my arguments, I use stats mostly on attackers cos it favours attackers more than defenders. When I mean favour, it means that what the stats tells about attackers is mostly tells the story but for defender it's mostly the opposite. And even the stats, I mostly go for the ones that gives a clearer picture (big chances, key pass etc). Hardly you'll see me use something like chances created or just passes

For example, if striker A takes more shot which yields to more goals and/or he gets more big chances than striker B, it means he's doing something right attackingly compared to striker B.
But if defender A have more Tackles and interception than defender B, then there's high chance defender A's team is always (or mostly) defending than defender B's team.

Reason why I'll always bring stats out for Gabriel Jesus or Salah in defending him(after some analysis) but hardly you'll see me bring stats to defend Gabriel against Mustafi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2023
Jodera:
Yeah, on loan
That’s very nice cause he needs it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Branzy(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2023
6ixT8:

What If na agendas?

They can't be knowledgeable than the manager and coaches that used him.

Make we just dey hope he cliq when call up.

Watch as ur fanbase divide into two pro Jorginho vs anti Jorginho cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Nonsense!

Lokonga was Arteta's signing.

Willian Was Arteta's signing.

Pablo Mari was Arteta's signing as well.

If u think Arteta is incapable of making rubbish signings, just dey play!
was Mari that bad?, awilo na more of mentality issues than anything else which is why he clearly needed to go on loan, and willian?, well that's why he was pushed on before we even realized it. simple and short story bro. lets take the news with a pinch of salt and see what jorginho and the coaches have to offer.
shalom and happy new month.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2023
Shegzdave:

That’s very nice cause he needs it.
Yeah... For his development.

It'll be interesting to see where Vieira plays him and how he performs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Izurejoice: 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2023
Windscribe:

Eddie has paid his dues and should continue as the main 9.
over Gabriel jesus?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.