Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2319321 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2961) (2962) (2963) (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
Bellerin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
People calling my name.

Oga I'm not jobless na,
My job takes most of my time.
Can't spend the day arguing unless I'm being paid.
Oga Sanchez benched Giroud.
And Giroud was playing as a Sub thereafter.
The reason I brought Adebayor and Henry was to explain what clinical or "clinicality" means before Jodera will start.
If i say who was more clinical.
The moment I mentioned Henry.
You have an idea.
Both Henry and Adebayor were strikers but Henry was more clinical.
With that said,I brought Sanchez and Giroud.
There were times Wenger played Giroud at left Wing def. If u like say no. Podolski will answer that.

That season almost all man u strikers were flopping including Lukaku.when Sanchez joined

I hope u know Sanchez is playing as a striker at Marsille, yet do drop deep.

Person wey never play ball cannot understand what composure means.
Abeg, G. Jesus should reduce his involvement in build up and concentrate on goals.
Only when playing low-block teams should he roam all around the 18 box.
Wolves was a typical example.

I can't be arguing forever, if u do not understand after this, abeg no mention my name biko.
I'm just coming from work since morning..no single rest the minute I got to office
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lush100:
People calling my name.

Oga I'm not jobless na,
The reason I brought Adebayor and Henry was to explain what clinical or "clinicality" means before Jodera will start.

I can't be arguing forever, if u do not understand after this, abeg no mention my name biko.
I'm just coming from work since morning..no single rest the minute I got to office

You are really stressed truly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
These were my thoughts about getting Jesus as far back as April 2022, even before we signed him.

Make of it what you may but Abeg make sure you comprehend wetin I type oh!

1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
mostob:
We are hot too. cheesy
If we have everybody fit, we should be able to get the job done.
First leg will.be away.
Lol... Thank God na Sporting we meet.

I been deh fear dem juventus dem oo grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2023
Spy360:

Let's forget about the argument and talk about the rationality.

If Sanchez played as a striker and scored 30goals in a season. Why would any coach change that assuming it is not related to performance?
It depends. Maybe Sanchez himself does not like playing there but just did it for the team. Just like Saka playing defender for us and was excelling but never loved the the role

There's a reason we bought lacazette immediately after that season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Spy360:

What you are trying to hide is that fact that he never performed well again in that role.

I know I am stubborn but guy, yours na like StarLink unlimited grin
How can you grade someone over something he never did?

Odi ka nma?grin

If you write Jamb 2017 and passed and you didn't write 2018, would I say you failed or perform poorly In 2018 jamb? grin

No be about stubbornness na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jodera:
How can you grade someone over something he never did?

Odi ka nma?grin

If you write Jamb 2017 and passed and you didn't write 2018, would I say you failed or perform poorly In 2018 jamb? grin

No be about stubbornness na grin
I didn't write and I wrote and failed are in the same category of 'not admitted'.

But that's not even the case here. A player not selected for a game cannot say he was not part of the team that lost because he didn't play. He didn't play because he was not good enough, to even play.

Many players have world cup medals without even kicking a ball at the tournament.

If Sanchez was no longer being deployed to play as a striker it means he was no longer good enough or preferred for that role.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jodera:
It depends. Maybe Sanchez himself does not like playing there but just did it for the team. Just like Saka playing defender for us and was excelling but never loved the the role

There's a reason we bought lacazette immediately after that season.
You and I know that Lacazette was bought to replace Giroud not Sanchez. Besides, Sanchez always plays as a striker for Chile.

There was never a time he said he didn't like the role. Look for other reasons.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lush100:
People calling my name.

Oga I'm not jobless na,
You have an idea.
There were times Wenger played Giroud at left Wing def. If u like say no. Podolski will answer that.

That season almost all man u strikers were flopping including Lukaku.when Sanchez joined

Abeg, G. Jesus should reduce his involvement in build up and concentrate on goals.
Only when playing low-block teams should he roam all around the 18 box.

EXCELLENT

👏👏👏
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
Roland17:
These were my thoughts about getting Jesus as far back as April 2022, even before we signed him.

Make of it what you may but Abeg make sure you comprehend wetin I type oh!
Our senior prophet. You indeed saw tomorrow.

Jodera, why are we arguing what Roland already saw months before?

Aren't we just being plain daft? grin grin grin

Funny enough it was Sod that you quoted.

I am done.

I AM DONE O

Nwanne na you win.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
More of my thoughts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lush100:
People calling my name.

Oga I'm not jobless na,
You have an idea.

Only when playing low-block teams should he roam all around the 18 box

You made a nice point bro. But let me ask you, Nketiah that has been doing the bolded, why do you think he has no goal and no shot on target in his last 4 games?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
Akinbahm:

You are really stressed truly.

iamoyindamola:
grin grin

Una wan use mentions finish baba. Pesin wen just survive maybe 5 hours of go-slow na him una still want make e use the small energy come dey drag! grin

Baba kukuma look away!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Roland17:

Una wan use mentions finish baba. Pesin wen just survive maybe 5 hours of go-slow na him una still want make e use the small energy come dey drag! grin

Baba kukuma look away!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... Thank God na Sporting we meet.

I been deh fear dem juventus dem oo grin
If we play our game bro, none of this teams will pose any problem..we shouldn't be afraid of any team over there. Remember we're playing UCL next season, our UCL opponents will be far tougher so it is better we start getting used to it now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
Spy360:

You and I know that Lacazette was bought to replace Giroud not Sanchez. Besides, Sanchez always plays as a striker for Chile.

There was never a time he said he didn't like the role. Look for other reasons.
Did I say he was bought to replace Sanchez?
Sanchez played one season as a striker then reverted back to his normal role the next season.

How is Lacazette replacing Sanchez biko nu?
Na wa ooo grin

Btw, Eduardo Vargas of Chile was playing defence while Sanchez was playing 9 shey?

First it was Man u bought Sanchez to play striker
Now, Chile is playing Sanchez as a striker

Tomorrow you'll tell me he played as a striker for inter
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2023
mostob:
If we play our game bro, none of this teams will lose any problem..we shouldn't be afraid of any team over there. Remember we're playing UCL next season, our UCL opponents will be far tougher so it is better we start getting used to it now.

True talk here

I just hope we can take the two competitions very seriously

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2023
Spy360:

Our senior prophet. You indeed saw tomorrow.

Jod.era, why are we arguing what Roland already saw months before?

Aren't we just being plain daft? grin grin grin

Funny enough it was Sod that you quoted.

I am done.

I AM DONE O

Nwanne na you win.
Lol, I remember that quote from Rolan.d and If you dig it well, it was an sly dig to me after what I said in my earlier post (before his post)

Why I no even bring out that one be say Roland no even re-talk that talk when GJ was missing chances after all the whole praises he praised him beginning of the season.

It's surprising how the Month of August and September, everyone was hailing Jesus and his style of play(No one mentioned this flaws then o, even though it was apparent). But immediately October 1 past, that's when we know that Jesus is dropping too deep, he needs to be selfish, he's dragging wing with wingers and other kini kan kini kan grin

It's well oo🏇🏇🏇🏇
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
Roland17:

Baba kukuma look away!

As in baba illustration really shows he is damn stressed.😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jodera:
Did I say he was bought to replace Sanchez?
Sanchez played one season as a striker then reverted back to his normal role the next season.

How is Lacazette replacing Sanchez biko nu?
Na wa ooo grin

Btw, Eduardo Vargas of Chile was playing defence while Sanchez was playing 9 shey?

First it was Man u bought Sanchez to play striker
Now, Chile is playing Sanchez as a striker

Tomorrow you'll tell me he played as a striker for inter
From staying in the box palava to Sanchez is playing CF or not. Thank God I comot hand before this argument carry me go where I no know.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jodera:
Lol, I remember that quote from Rolan.d and If you dig it well, it was an sly dig to me after what I said in my earlier post (before his post)

Why I no even bring out that one be say Roland no even re-talk that talk when GJ was missing chances after all the whole praises he praised him beginning of the season.

It's surprising how the Month of August and September, everyone was hailing Jesus and his style of play(No one mentioned this flaws then o, even though it was apparent). But immediately October 1 past, that's when we know that Jesus is dropping too deep, he needs to be selfish, he's dragging wing with wingers and other kini kan kini kan grin

It's well oo🏇🏇🏇🏇

Sly dig to you? Where? How? I am not understanding, honestly. Infact, I just had to go back through your posts and try to see what you mean or trying to indicate before my post. Baba, abeg, this is not necessary. Just because we have varying opinions about something makes you think of sly digs? Come on man. There is a troubling trend that is getting popular on this thread and that is, questioning or shutting down people with dissenting opinions rather than debating them and finding out why they hold a position that is not conformist or group thought. nayone with an opinion that disrupts group thinking is seen as toxic e.t.c.

I challenge you to point anywhere in the attached screen shots where I questioned Jesus's quality or anywhere in any of my posts where I said he was a bad addition or has been poor for us. The basis of my screenshots were to state my position when it comes to what I expect from a CF at Arsenal, based on how were playing going into that summer! This is why I emphasized on read to comprehend. Jesus arrival has changed how we play as we have become even more fluid than ever but that doesn't negate the fact that we have too players who are creators than scorers. Have I stopped praising Jesus? I have been clear about Nketiah, do I need to bring receipts for those too?

I am worried you are beginning to take a lot of these debates too personal. In the 2nd screenshot, you agreed with my position about needing a CF with presence inside the box by replying "100%", so why and how did we get to this place where it is being inferred that I don't like Jesus or that he is missing chances? I mean the words on my post about liking Jesus is there for all to see!

Even though I can't see it but If any of my posts or comments read like a dig to you, I sincerely apologize as that was never the intention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
mostob:
From staying in the box palava to Sanchez is playing CF or not. Thank God I comot hand before this argument carry me go where I no know.

You see why I say I no dey join hand for their 2 debates and why I Dey always tell people say make dem leave their 2 alone? Dem go carry you go where u no know..Also, once you disagree with either one, they will forget numerous instances where you supported them.

Local man is weak!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:07am On Feb 25, 2023
Roland17:

You see why I say I no dey join hand for their 2 debates and why I Dey always tell people say make dem leave their 2 alone? Dem go carry you go where u no know..Also, once you disagree with either one, they will forget numerous instances where you supported them.

Local man is weak!
Exactly 🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:56am On Feb 25, 2023
Roland17:
More of my thoughts.
I can take pride in making correct analysis. But you see them ahead of time.

Nwanne na you be Onye isi for here. Our only recognised prophet.

Any soul that argues with you again on this thread just call me.

Jodera even said 100% Hahaha grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:30am On Feb 25, 2023
Izurejoice:
A favourable draw , could have been worse

I went back to watch the highlights of their last 5 games and I will be watching their upcoming games on Monday against Estoril and Sunday next week against Portimonense before they face Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:58am On Feb 25, 2023
Roland17:

Sly dig to you? Where? How? I am not understanding, honestly. Infact, I just had to go back through your posts and try to see what you mean or trying to indicate before my post. Baba, abeg, this is not necessary. Just because we have varying opinions about something makes you think of sly digs? Come on man. There is a troubling trend that is getting popular on this thread and that is, questioning or shutting down people with dissenting opinions rather than debating them and finding out why they hold a position that is not conformist or group thought. nayone with an opinion that disrupts group thinking is seen as toxic e.t.c.

I challenge you to point anywhere in the attached screen shots where I questioned Jesus's quality or anywhere in any of my posts where I said he was a bad addition or has been poor for us. The basis of my screenshots were to state my position when it comes to what I expect from a CF at Arsenal, based on how were playing going into that summer! This is why I emphasized on read to comprehend. Jesus arrival has changed how we play as we have become even more fluid than ever but that doesn't negate the fact that we have too players who are creators than scorers. Have I stopped praising Jesus? I have been clear about Nketiah, do I need to bring receipts for those too?

I am worried you are beginning to take a lot of these debates too personal. In the 2nd screenshot, you agreed with my position about needing a CF with presence inside the box by replying "100%", so why and how did we get to this place where it is being inferred that I don't like Jesus or that he is missing chances? I mean the words on my post about liking Jesus is there for all to see!

Even though I can't see it but If any of my posts or comments read like a dig to you, I sincerely apologize as that was never the intention.

First off, I'm taking nothing personal and when I mean sly dig, I don't mean it in a hard way or sort. I respect everyone here even with varying opinions cos I know we all are human thus varying opinions must occur .

First it was me and Sod09 who was talking about Lacazette-type of strikers such as firmino and co who drop deep to orchestrate play(obviously I in favor of the motion while Sod was against it) before Roland quoted Sod and told him about hoping Arteta is buying Jesus as a striker and not just another forward.

I didn't carry anything personal and all na just cruise for here that's why even though I'll debate, I'll never let it degenerate into foul words or insults. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "dig" cos I might be misinterpreted but I know Roland meant no harm nor disrespect.

Apologies to you, Roland or anyone who might feel disrespected
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:02am On Feb 25, 2023
mostob:
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:03am On Feb 25, 2023
Roland17:

Local man is weak!
Lol...this isn't true na cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2023
Anyways, Matchday is here.

Hopefully, we'll get a win today to maintain our potential 2 points lead.

Anything less than a win is a bad result.

COYG!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Donjazet2: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2023
Donjazet2:
Anybody above 20 years not voting in this election is a MUGU!!

You are a big fool and an idiot_ raised to power ten.

You can not call yourself literate and say you are not voting.
I'm not even talking about voting my candidate, I'm talking about you deciding to surrender to the system.

Not voting means you enable these politicians to do as they like.

If you claim you don't like the presidential frontrunners, what about your representatives on the ballot? Abi you think today is only presidential?

Again, A VERY BIG FOOL IS YOUR NOMENCLATURE IF YOU'RE NOT VOTING..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2961) (2962) (2963) (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.