Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2339312 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) ... (3530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
mostob:

I will go with
Holding
Gab
White

Nelson
Saka
Partey
Ode
Xhaka

Jesus
Nketiah.

We will need that presence in the box and only Nketiah can provide that. Trossard and Jesus roam a lot.
Lol even Nelson can't trust himself against city
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Lol even Nelson can't trust himself against city
As a wingback? Nah bro...
Although, his inclusion is because there is no other RB or RWB aside Ben.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by toluxe0075: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2023
Drone17:

Not really. On app the video resolution is usually higher which increases data consumption. But it can also be controlled unlike in web. Plus ads adds to your data consumption when you are on web.
Without all these the data consumed is same.

However, Apps are nice because they save you extra time opening the front page which are already saved on the app. On web you have to load the front page all the time especially if it is not saved on cache.
Oh! I never knew. The last time I used the app, I spent almost 4 gig to watch a match. I hardly use up to 1gig when I use web.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Drone17: 5:18am On Apr 25, 2023
toluxe0075:

Oh! I never knew. The last time I used the app, I spent almost 4 gig to watch a match. I hardly use up to 1gig when I use web.
4g is too much even for ultra HD. Something else must have drained your data. A typical hd would not even exhaust 1gig
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Drone17: 5:24am On Apr 25, 2023
mostob:

I will go with
Holding
Gab
White

Nelson
Saka
Partey
Ode
Xhaka

Jesus
Nketiah.

We will need that presence in the box and only Nketiah can provide that. Trossard and Jesus roam a lot.
343 for me

White, Gabriel, Tierney
Nelson, Partey, Odegaard, Zinchenko
Saka, Trossard, Martinelli

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tomorrow is the D-day.
I just hope and pray we win but if otherwise happens, I believe the team gave their best this season and it was a good ride all along.

Anything that happens to this team tomorrow, I truly proud of them and appreciate them. I've not really been happy or looking forward to sweet wonderful football for a long time than 2022 to 2023!!

COYG!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
And as for Viera. I don't know what he does In training for Arteta to select him over Trossard or ESR. I think Arteta should be more daring and take all games with all risk.

Not starting Trossard (because of any possible injuries or sort) or Jorginho against must win game In Southampton is bad judgement. A Trossard or Jorginho will give us more grip In that Midfield compared to anything Viera would have offered us.

Well, tomorrow is another day for us to still see if our season is still alive
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jodera:
And as for Viera. I don't know what he does In training for Arteta to select him over Trossard or ESR. I think Arteta should be more daring and take all games with all risk.

Not starting Trossard (because of any possible injuries or sort) or Jorginho against must win game In Southampton is bad judgement. A Trossard or Jorginho will give us more grip In that Midfield compared to anything Viera would have offered us.

Well, tomorrow is another day for us to still see if our season is still alive
Our season died after that Liverpool draw. Make we put mind for next season.
Heard Rice is coming.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
And as for change in formation. I think we need to change formation to get anything out of that game tomorrow. Pep Guardiola 3241(but what sorta weird formation is this bikonu) will certainly decimate our 433 hands down.

I'll go for 3421

Ramsdale

Holding
White
Gabriel

Saka
Partey
Xhaka (Jorginho— if Xhaka's not available)
Tierney

Odegaard
Trossard

Jesus

Saka to play wingback the way he did it against Chelsea last season, while Tierney to play the opposite wingback. Unfortunately, Zinny will miss out cos this won't be his type of formation

Partey and Jorginho to hold the midfield only if Xhaka isn't available (this kind of formation isn't alien to Jorginho at all, and with Partey by his side, his defensive frailties won't show)

Trossard and Odegaard with the creative elements while Jesus(I just hope he'll be clinical) to stretch the defence

Martinelli, Nketiah and Zinny can come in later on.

NB: I know this won't happen sha cos Arteta is someone who's always strong to his principles no matter what but I just hope there's a change tomorrow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
mostob:
Our season died after that Liverpool draw. Make we put mind for next season.
Heard Rice is coming.
To me, it didn't die after Liverpool's draw.

It died after Westham draw and We're almost burying it after Southampton draw.

Just like Lazarus, we need Jesus to help us and resurrect it when all hope is lost — tomorrow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jodera:
To me, it didn't die after Liverpool's draw.

It died after Westham draw and We're almost burying it after Southampton draw.

Just like Lazarus, we need Jesus to help us and resurrect it when all hope is lost — tomorrow
That Liverpool draw was not just any loss, it was a psychological one. That was when everything began to fall apart. I'll certainly watch tomorrow's match but I'm not expecting anything substantial.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:46am On Apr 26, 2023
@Spy360, nwanne, it’s been a minute, hope you are good…
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:20am On Apr 26, 2023
Roland17:
@Spy360, nwanne, it’s been a minute, hope you are good…
Nwanne thanks for checking. was MISTAKENLY given a lengthy ban. Nevertheless I have been around using an alternate. I asked one of the mods to unban me which happened.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:12am On Apr 26, 2023
It's today. cool

What are the facts?
1. Arsenal is still top of the league
2. We have a 5 point cushion
3. Man City has to beat us to win the league
4. It's not going to be easy for them too, they will have to fight really hard for it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jokerman(m): 7:00am On Apr 26, 2023
Arsenal must win city today o.... By all means ejoor
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2023
mostob:
That Liverpool draw was not just any loss, it was a psychological one. That was when everything began to fall apart. I'll certainly watch tomorrow's match but I'm not expecting anything substantial.
Hmmmm....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:11am On Apr 26, 2023
Spy360:
It's today. cool

What are the facts?
1. Arsenal is still top of the league
2. We have a 5 point cushion
3. [s]Man City has to beat us to win the league[/s]
4. It's not going to be easy for them too, they will have to fight really hard for it.
Exclude number 3 because they don't need to beat us.

Also, I see this pseudo-5 points is still deceiving you shey?

Dey play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2023
Jodera:
Exclude that one cos they don't need to beat us.

Also, this pseudo-5 points is still deceiving you shey?

Dey play

It's a fact. It is no impossible for City to lose both outstanding games. So until they win them they are still behind.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2023
Spy360:

It's a fact. It is no impossible for City to lose both outstanding games. So until they win them they are still behind.
You are bringing in conditions yet you're still claiming it's a fact? grin
Why not wait let Man city Lose their two Matches against Everton and Brighton (both at Etihad to be precise) before you label the 5 points as facts.

No wonder you still think they need to win us for them to have an advantage when in actual fact they don't need to lose.

Well, e be like say na season of play we dey so make everybody dey play grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jodera:
You are bringing in conditions yet you're still claiming it's a fact? grin
Why not wait let Man city Lose their two Matches against Everton and Brighton (both at Etihad to be precise) before you label the 5 points as facts.

No wonder you still think they need to win us for them to have an advantage when in actual fact they don't need to lose.

Well, e be like say na season of play we dey so make everybody dey play grin
There must always be conditions attached to facts. If you look at the PL table right now, it states the facts. Any other possibility can take either way. We are five points ahead and will remain so if City does not win the games in hand.

You are wrong about City not having to win against us. If we beat them on today or draw, they will still have point gaps to cover against us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
Some Fans really think football is just mathematics. SmH! One thing is certain that a game in hand is what it means. Its not a game won , drawn or lost . Until that game is played , the result is not determined. Thats why those who know better always talk about one game at a time, The next game is and should always be the focus and not the one that is happening 3 or 6 weeks from now.

I must admit that results have not gone our way in the past games which may be due to pressure and that is expected. There are no excuses for failure but like Jodera said. Whetever the outcome at the end of the season, I am mighty proud of this team. A young team that has brought back the feel good factor and got us eager to watch Arsenal play on matchdays again must be celebrated. Some people were moaning about the draw in Anfield forgetting our horrible record there and who thinks even if liverpool are not at their best that we can just stroll in there and get maximum points without working for it?

No one is even considering the injuries which we have had to battle and still battle to stay in this race given our personnel.

ManCity are masters and full of experience in this scenario and i expect them to put us under pressure till the very end but saying the league is lost just shows at times that we can never be satisfied and emotions just overun our judgement.

Man city is the next game and that's what it is. After Man city we have other games and they are equally important. What i want to see is confidence and consistency in the mentality that has brought us to where we are even when we had our top striker our for months.

I'll leave the coach to do his job and hope he gets it right and the players to stay focused and give a performance like they did when we played them and last time out .even going a man down but showing grit. Though we lost in the dying minutes of that game but that for me showed that if we stand tall against them we can get the result we desperately need.

COYG!

PS maybe we should try being a spuds fan right now....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
Spy360:

There must always be conditions attached to facts. If you look at the PL table right now, it states the facts. Any other possibility can take either way. We are five points ahead and will remain so if City does not win the games in hand.

You are wrong about City not having to win against us. If we beat them on today or draw, they will still have point gaps to cover against us.
The thing Is that even if today Is the final day and we draw, we won't still be crowned champions until Man city plays their two outstanding. So what does that suggests? It means that, it isn't a fact that we're champions (or 5pts ahead) until Man city plays their game. It also means the league isn't in our advantage but Man city's advantage.

As for your 2nd paragraph, we only need to win. If we draw/lose and and Man city just win one of their outstanding, then Goal difference will come into play and we know how vastly inferior we are to that.

Well, I don't want us to go round and round into this sha. If you think Man city will lose their two outstanding at Etihad and only needs a win against us, then good for you and I pray it happens.

At least, let it happen that way(even though I know the chance is of that happening 0.000001%)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jodera:
Exclude number 3 because they don't need to beat us.

Also, I see this pseudo-5 points is still deceiving you shey?

Dey play
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jodera:
The thing Is that even if today Is the final day and we draw, we won't still be crowned champions until Man city plays their two outstanding. So what does that suggests? It means that, it isn't a fact that we're champions (or 5pts ahead) until Man city plays their game. It also means the league isn't in our advantage but Man city's advantage.

As for your 2nd paragraph, we only need to win. If we draw/lose and and Man city just win one of their outstanding, then Goal difference will come into play and we know how vastly inferior we are to that.

Well, I don't want us to go round and round into this sha. If you think Man city will lose their two outstanding at Etihad and only needs a win against us, then good for you and I pray it happens.

At least, let it happen that way(even though I know the chance is of that happening 0.000001%)
One of their outstanding against Brighton is away
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:
grin grin grin
Spy just deh believe in miracles ni...

Na only miracle fit make person talk say Man city fit lose their two outstanding games grin

Him too deh play cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

One of their outstanding against Brighton is away
Oh.. okay.
Thanks for the correction
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jencejyde:
Some Fans really think football is just mathematics. SmH! One thing is certain that a game in hand is what it means. Its not a game won , drawn or lost . Until that game is played , the result is not determined. Thats why those who know better always talk about one game at a time, The next game is and should always be the focus and not the one that is happening 3 or 6 weeks from now.

I must admit that results have not gone our way in the past games which may be due to pressure and that is expected. There are no excuses for failure but like Jodera said. Whetever the outcome at the end of the season, I am mighty proud of this team. A young team that has brought back the feel good factor and got us eager to watch Arsenal play on matchdays again must be celebrated. Some people were moaning about the draw in Anfield forgetting our horrible record there and who thinks even if liverpool are not at their best that we can just stroll in there and get maximum points without working for it?

No one is even considering the injuries which we have had to battle and still battle to stay in this race given our personnel.

ManCity are masters and full of experience in this scenario and i expect them to put us under pressure till the very end but saying the league is lost just shows at times that we can never be satisfied and emotions just overun our judgement.

Man city is the next game and that's what it is. After Man city we have other games and they are equally important. What i want to see is confidence and consistency in the mentality that has brought us to where we are even when we had our top striker our for months.

I'll leave the coach to do his job and hope he gets it right and the players to stay focused and give a performance like they did when we played them and last time out .even going a man down but showing grit. Though we lost in the dying minutes of that game but that for me showed that if we stand tall against them we can get the result we desperately need.

COYG!

PS maybe we should try being a spuds fan right now....
I wish I can like this post more than once.

Well said
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jodera:
The thing Is that even if today Is the final day and we draw, we won't still be crowned champions until Man city plays their two outstanding . So what does that suggests? It means that, it isn't a fact that we're champions (or 5pts ahead) until Man city plays their game. It also means the league isn't in our advantage but Man city's advantage.

Man City doesn't just have to play but to win their outstanding matches. Secondly, the league is in our advantage because we are five points clear. Man City has to win to take over the advantage. I believe if given a choice they would prefer our position than theirs.

I am not going to put my neck on the line that Man City will lose any game. I am just stating what facts are currently on ground.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Bjteensdes24: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
Fact is that, you need a minimum of winning today and not even a draw with Man City having 2 games in hand

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Spy360:

Man City doesn't just have to play but to win their outstanding matches. Secondly, the league is in our advantage because we are five points clear. Man City has to win to take over the advantage. I believe if given a choice they would prefer our position than theirs.

I am not going to put my neck on the line that Man City will lose any game. I am just stating what facts are currently on ground.
Lol... Alright boss cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
Bjteensdes24:
Fact is that, you need a minimum of winning today and not even a draw with Man City having 2 games in hand
Make Spy deh play thinking a draw would favor us.

Anyways, like dem say "miracle no dey taya Jesus"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2023
Una too like plenty shalaye for here sha, we bottled top4 last season only to console ourselves with europa
This season again we are about to bottle the league with another consolation, Nawa oo
Any way everyone with their own opinion
Using spuds of all clubs as yardstick for success speak alot grin grin

Na only arsenal stay at the top from MD3 only to bottle it at the dead then fans console themselves with UCL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) ... (3530) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.