Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,498 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3060) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2319959 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2023
Fkhalifa:

You can't lead Madrid, Barca and Bayern with 5-0 in first leg then bottle it in 2nd leg with a 6-0 loss and you tell me I should applaud? I won't...that's weakness
Normally those teams are favorite but when the opportunity presents itself, then grab it...that's what some teams do
But they try na...semi final fah. You forgot Madrid and Bayern are way more experienced and has better squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 10:37pm On May 17, 2023
One of Mancity or Milan will bottle it at UCL final....no be do.

Even if arsenal reach final once we no win....some people go lament.
Na eem dem hammer Real madrid....na the same real Coach wey win am last year oh.

Una so una lament for Wenger.

Wenger sef reach UCL final.

U see person dey score 53 goals for a team.

U think say na ordinary.
Una wan 20 years old Saka to die for pitch because una no carry EPL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2023
mostob:
But they try na...semi final fah. You forgot Madrid and Bayern are way more experienced and has better squad.
After defeating Lyon and Fc Porto at 2nf round and Quarters, those are strength to Strength games, you could win, but losing a 4-0 lead? Even with their experience and better squad, you don't bottle that lead if you want to achieve greatness
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2023
Lush100:
One of Mancity or Milan will bottle it at UCL final....no be do.

Even if arsenal reach final once we no win....some people go lament.
Na eem dem hammer Real madrid....na the same real Coach wey win am last year oh.

Una so una lament for Wenger.

Wenger sef reach UCL final.

U see person dey score 53 goals for a team.

U think say na ordinary.
Una wan 20 years old Saka to die for pitch because una no carry EPL.

Neither of two are sides are BOTTLERS, Inter Won the league when the opportunity presents itself few years ago..City are also known to kill teams....I don't trust City to lose the final 4-1, it is what Arsenal can do.

Madrid are allowed to lose, they are serial semi and finalist and Winners in UCL..

The management should have utilized Saka well, no replacement nothing nothing

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:03pm On May 17, 2023
What I don't ever wanted is Chelsea and City win UCL ahead Arsenal... Now City are about to cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BOFREJO(m): 11:06pm On May 17, 2023
Not even our legends predict top 4 for Arsenal...

*Top 4 predictions by some of the top pundits... Before season started.*

*Jamie Carragher*
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Man United

*Paul Scholes*
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Liverpool

*Ian Wright*
1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

*Alan Shearer*
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man United
4. Liverpool

*Dwight Yorke*
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man United
4. Liverpool

*Thierry Henry*
1. Chelsea
2. Man United
3. Man City
4. Liverpool

*Rio Ferdinand*
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Liverpool

*John Terry*
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Liverpool
4. Man United

*Denis Irwin*
1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

*Carlton Palmer*
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Liverpool

*Sabastine* (Arsenal world)
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal

*Garry Neville*
1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea

*Don Hutchison*
1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

*Peter Smith*
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man United

*Craig Blezza*
1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

*Wenger*
1 Arsenal
2Man city
3Man united
4.newcastle

Wenger almost got it right ….

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2023
Fkhalifa:

After defeating Lyon and Fc Porto at 2nf round and Quarters, those are strength to Strength games, you could win, but losing a 4-0 lead? Even with their experience and better squad, you don't bottle that lead if you want to achieve greatness
Thank you. Shows you understand the main point. Relate and compare what you posted here to Arsenal's situation this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:30am On May 18, 2023
Who's your Arsenal
🏆 Player of the Season: Odegaard
❌ Flop of the Season: viera/awilo
💪 Most Improved Player: Xhaka
👏 Unsung Hero: Ramsdale
👕 Signing of the Season: zinchenko
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2023
Shegzdave:

If I’m to assess the performance of the boys this season compared to previous seasons, no doubt they were superb but why aim for the sky if you can aim for the moon? At the beginning of the season, we weren’t sure we’ll make top4 but along the line, the title was in our hands, why shouldn’t our focus be on the title even after dropping out of other competition?

Like I said, Why aim for the sky when you can aim for the moon??
You think the boys deliberately scuttled their title chances? You think they were not fighting to win the title? Na wa o. May be you need to go back to some of their comments then or see how they themselves felt disappointed.

No. They gave it their best shot but it wasn't good enough to upstage Man City. It is therefore disgraceful for anyone to call them bottlers.

See your bolded.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:32am On May 18, 2023
Spy360:

You think the boys deliberately scuttled their title chances? You think they were not fighting to win the title? Na wa o. May be you need to go back to some of their comments then or see how they themselves felt disappointed.

No. They gave it their best shot but it wasn't good enough to upstage Man City. It is therefore disgraceful for anyone to call them bottlers.

See your bolded.
Na this thing taya me make I no lie.

It was as if it's deliberate or the boys didn't try. They're making it seem the boys just decided to scuttle the chances and aren't disappointed.

Or we ourselves aren't disappointed that we could win the match we drew. It has happened, it has happened. Once it's known, one of the things is to count your blessings and hope for improvements going forward.

Saying we achieved our initial target is facts. That we say it doesn't mean we aren't disappointed with not winning the league or that we didn't recognize the boys' efforts in trying to win the league. What's important is how to improve on this performance next season with quality squad depth and more tactical innovation cos now we know the experience is there.

To me, I don't see how all these is bad enough to be termed mediocre or sort or that the boys did something disgraceful...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Who's your Arsenal
Player of the Season: Odegaard
Flop of the Season: viera/awilo
Most Improved Player: Xhaka
Unsung Hero: Ramsdale
Signing of the Season: zinchenko

Flop of the Season: Vieira

Unsung Hero: Gabriel

Signing of the Season: Jesus
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2023
mostob:
Thank you. Shows you understand the main point. Relate and compare what you posted here to Arsenal's situation this season.
It is the same...
How can I plan to make 5M, then already seeing myself almost getting 10M, and later on consoling myself for not making the 10M since 5M was the target.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:51am On May 18, 2023
Aku bottling oo
City will fess us win UCL

Chai cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2023
mostob:

Flop of the Season: Vieira

Unsung Hero: Gabriel

Signing of the Season: Jesus
Second season in a row xhaka is most improved, i need to know his baba
Obviously he was never a bad player just playing out of position
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2023
Fkhalifa:

It is the same...
How can I plan to make 5M, then already seeing myself almost getting 10M, and later on consoling myself for not making the 10M since 5M was the target.
Thank you. That's what we have been dragging since yesterday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Second season in a row xhaka is most improved, i need to know his baba
Obviously he was never a bad player just playing out of position
Lol... He kind of fell off towards the end sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:11am On May 18, 2023
mostob:
Lol... He kind of fell off towards the end sha.
He's paid his dues, even saka fell off

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2023
Fkhalifa:

Neither of two are sides are BOTTLERS, Inter Won the league when the opportunity presents itself few years ago..City are also known to kill teams....I don't trust City to lose the final 4-1, it is what Arsenal can do.

Madrid are allowed to lose, they are serial semi and finalist and Winners in UCL..

The management should have utilized Saka well, no replacement nothing nothing

Arsenal won the FA cup when opportunity presented itself in arteta first year.

Real madrid are ready to pay direct 120M for Jude Bellingham that liverpool and Chelsea and manU are dilly-dally on.
Can we afford Jude Bellingham.
Mudryk that we wanted to buy did we get him.
No one was going to pay more than 50M for former aston villa player jack Grealish.
Mancity drip 100M.
Our Team needs a Jude Bellingham in midfield, yet we need a quality back up for Saka.
And a centre forward.
Please tell me we will get this 3 players this window.
Not that we would take 4th choice and still expect to drag league with first choice.
Let it rest.
Yes we are disappointed but 2nd is a good position to build upon.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:

He's paid his dues, even saka fell off
Na form jare. Saka will sign a new deal soon. 300k per week.
Nelson rejected two contract offers, the third one currently on the table. He should stay IMO.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:29am On May 18, 2023
lol bellingham is the only one that will complement our play abi, they play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2023
mostob:
Na form jare. Saka will sign a new deal soon. 300k per week.
Nelson rejected two contract offers, the third one currently on the table. He should stay IMO.
Normally i will say good riddiance to nelson
He's never good enough before i am just sad we will lose him for free
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 11:16am On May 18, 2023
Please read with understanding and read slowly.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:19am On May 18, 2023
saka's contract is done 2038
Omo ologo will be on 290k
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 18, 2023
Lush100:

Arsenal won the FA cup when opportunity presented itself in arteta first year.

Real madrid are ready to pay direct 120M for Jude Bellingham that liverpool and Chelsea and manU are dilly-dally on.
Can we afford Jude Bellingham.
Mudryk that we wanted to buy did we get him.
No one was going to pay more than 50M for former aston villa player jack Grealish.
Mancity drip 100M.
Our Team needs a Jude Bellingham in midfield, yet we need a quality back up for Saka.
And a centre forward.
Please tell me we will get this 3 players this window.
Not that we would take 4th choice and still expect to drag league with first choice.
Let it rest.
Yes we are disappointed but 2nd is a good position to build upon.
We don’t need a CF,
We should focus on AM, CM/DM and get reliable squad depth for the back 4.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:12pm On May 18, 2023
PL manager of the season nominees...

Pep Guardiola (Man City), Mikel Arteta (Arsenal), Eddie Howe (Newcastle), Roberto De Zerbi (Brighton), Unai Emery (Aston Villa), Marco Silva (Fulham)

Arteta, Howe, or Pep should win this one. cool

Arsenal surpassed expectations to finish second with excess of 80points. A massive improvement from their previous 5th position last season.

People undervalue Pep with the assumption that he has the best players in the league, but this is not true. He makes them the best. City are good because of Pep Guardiola.

Newcastle will surpass expectations if they usurp any of Man United or Liverpool to make top 4. Howe was able to put together a team to challenge the traditional top 6.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2023

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by CrystalTiger(m): 5:37pm On May 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
saka's contract is done 2038
Omo ologo will be on 290k

Egbon, which kain contract be this shocked?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:42pm On May 18, 2023
CrystalTiger:

Egbon, which kain contract be this shocked?
2028 jare grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:49pm On May 18, 2023
Before we forget..

Peperempe is still an Arsenal player and will return after his loan spell at Nice..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2023
Roland17:
Before we forget..

Peperempe is still an Arsenal player and will return after his loan spell at Nice..
Even, he himself knows he is not playing for Arsenal anymore. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2023
Roland17:
Before we forget..

😁😁😁😁
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:03pm On May 18, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

We don’t need a CF,
We should focus on AM, CM/DM and get reliable squad depth for the back 4.
We need a CF abeg... Jesus can't carry this team alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.