Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2326391 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (3499) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2013
agabaI23: You don get your mouth back?

Time for everything , a time to laugh and a time to cry..Na una time now , make una use am well , our time will soon come grin
A ki pohun mo agogo lenu grin
nitlad:

Kin n ri ran wo - tapo si grin grin
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by JMOI: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2013
edoyad:

These words should be printed under the Arsenal badge as a constant reminder grin . Every analyst has used this at least once in the last eight years
Hahaha...word
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by JMOI: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2013
Arsenal's performance so far this season

...Five weeks into the season, Arsenal seem to have the most stable team out of the four clubs under review. They are on top of the table, they’ve won 5 matches in a row and they have free-scoring attackers and ever-willing Mesut Ozil pulling the strings for them in the midfield.

Their only loss in the campaign came in the opening game of the season – a 3-1 loss to Aston Villa. It was after the match that Arsene Wenger did what was necessary by bringing in the German playmaker from Real Madrid in a club record deal. Since then, the Gunners have found their rhythm and it seems that Ozil will be the new cult figure at the club if things continue this way, following in the footsteps of Patrick Viera, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie.

But one should not get overexcited by the form of the Gunners. The North Londoners been known to capitulate at that point in the season when it matters the most and that has been the major reason that they’ve not been able to win a trophy in nearly nine years. It is only in those pressing moments that we’ll be able to know, just like in City’s case, where the club is actually heading.

http://observerreports.com/2013/09/5-matches-into-the-2013-14-english-premier-league-the-big-four-so-far/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/09/mathieu-flamini-allegedly-warned-by-fa-for-threatening-to-blind-stokes-marc-wilson/

Do that to Jack again and I will blind you" - Flamini to Marc Wilson after his constant tackle on JW.

What we have been missing? I love the little corporal grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
kcjazz: http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/09/mathieu-flamini-allegedly-warned-by-fa-for-threatening-to-blind-stokes-marc-wilson/

Do that to Jack again and I will blind you" - Flamini to Marc Wilson after his constant tackle on JW.

What we have been missing? I love the little corporal grin

grin grin grin grin
Kick a$s Time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
fredoooooo:
A ki pohun mo agogo lenu grin
grin grin

So that's what you are? A useless, noisy agogo? cheesy I should've known. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
Theo Walcott will have a minor procedure on his abdomen in Germany on Wednesday which will keep him out of action until after the next international break.

The winger missed Sunday’s win over Stoke City after developing slight damage to his posterior abdominal wall. As a result, it has been decided that Theo should undergo the minor procedure, which will enable him to start his recovery immediately afterwards.

Speaking to Arsenal.com, Arsène Wenger said: “Theo will be out for a few weeks. He has developed some damage to his posterior abdominal wall. It's not a hernia, but it's a little structural problem in his abdomen.

"He will have the procedure in Germany on Wednesday and, because it’s so minor, we can begin his rehab immediately. We are pleased it’s being dealt with quickly and he shouldn’t miss too many Arsenal matches. But he will miss the forthcoming international matches with England.”

Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to seeing Theo back on the pitch soon after the international break.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/theo-set-for-minor-abdominal-procedure?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Squad for today's game

4 Per Mertesacker
5 Thomas Vermaelen
8 Mikel Arteta
13 Emiliano Viviano
17 Nacho Monreal
20 Mathieu Flamini
21 Lukasz Fabianski
23 Nicklas Bendtner
25 Carl Jenkinson
30 Ju-Young Park
31 Ryo
37 Chuba Akpom
40 Hector Bellerin
42 Thomas Eisfeld
44 Serge Gnabry
45 Isaac Hayden
53 Kristoffer Olsson
60 Alex Iwobi

In bold: Players who will start the game IMO
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2013
Park is back?? cheesy I hope he comes on and scores a hat-trick. cool

That squad looks too weak IMO - Ramsey and Giroud should've been listed, if only for the bench.

I would prefer Eisfeld to start over Olsson, and possibly Akpom to start over Bendtner - the lad has worked hard for his chance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^^
Eisfield will probably start ahead of Olsson considering he has more 'experience' playing at both youth and first team levels. I would prefer to see Olsson though.

With AW waxing lyrical about Bendtner, I doubt if he'll bench Akpom for Bendtner. Only way Akpom will start is if he plays on the wings.

Hopefully Westbrom will equally field a weak side.

The curious case of Park Chu-Young continues
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2013

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
[size=18pt]Wenger: Bendtner can be 'unstoppable'[/size]
By Kevin Palmer

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Nicklas Bendtner has the ability to be ‘unstoppable’, but admitted the striker needs to win over the Gunners faithful as he prepares to play his first game for the club in two years.

http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#16-1562891
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bellong: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^^^ Buhahaha.

Wenger could sometimes fit in perfectly as a clown.... grin grin grin

Though I long knew Kelvin Palmer to be an anti-Arsenal. He never wrote anything good about Arsenal... Undeclared chicken fan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cristalz(f): 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Oh, the Robinson Crusoe look-alike is Bendtner grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cristalz: Oh, the Robinson Crusoe look-alike is Bendtner grin
This woman still dey exist. Real Robinson Crusoe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cristalz(f): 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
My specie isn't on the endangered list yet grin

Your guys seem outta ideas in the final third.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cristalz(f): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
. . . .Capital one cup exit looming. . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cristalz(f): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
And West Brom decide they don't wanna be in the tourney anymore.
Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cristalz: . . . .Capital one cup exit looming. . .
In your face!!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
I have to remind myself never to chop beans with pepper again on an evening Arsenal is playing with all these young guns!

Aside the high blood these children nearly gave me tonight, the pepper was doing its own!

Oluwa was surely involved tonight! Proud to be a Gunner over and over again!

What a night! Hope all these injuries plaguing our team will end asap. This night was too much to bear.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thank God!!!

Abeg Wenger should not try this kind of selection again! Ryo should be sent out on loan asap! Gnabry needs to learn how to release the ball on time. I gave him slack against Stoke as it was his first start in the PL for the Gooners but please, if he is going to be Walcott's back up for the next 2 weeks, he needs to do better.
I don't want to say anything about the Samurai guy in jersey no 23.

Good work by Bellerin when he came on despite not playing in his traditional RB position. Perhaps midfield is where he'll end up in cos defensively, he offers little when he plays at RB. Hayden did well too. I've always believed his future lies in the DM position not his traditional CB.

Akpom, Eisfield (at least for his goal) and the senior boys at the back did well.

Thank God we are through. AW had better not field this kind of team against Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
the thought that flashed through my mind as the last pk went in was the disappointment that engulfed the hearts of haters at that moment eg DK....... priceless.

Hypertension football noni. Too many youngsters played IMO. of course there is barely any first teamer available anyway so it was probably unavoidable. remarkable how they tired so badly yet kept going. the mentality at arsenal is changing..

Robinson Crusoe played like a man who has been marooned for 2 years on suspension/injury. I doubt if that guy has really changed his mind to play tho...

fabianski's composure is still low. mertersacker is class.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 11:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote author=4llerbuntu]the thought that flashed through my mind as the last pk went in was the disappointment that engulfed the hearts of haters at that moment eg DK....... priceless.

Hypertension football noni. Too many youngsters played IMO. of course there is barely any first teamer available anyway so it was probably unavoidable. remarkable how they tired so badly yet kept going. the mentality at arsenal is changing..

Robinson Crusoe played like a man who has been marooned for 2 years on suspension/injury. I doubt if that guy has really changed his mind to play tho...

fabianski's composure is still low. mertersacker is class.[/quot. Fabianski was very good tonite. I hope this is the last time Bentner will put on an Arsenal shirt.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 4:42am On Sep 26, 2013
Cristalz: My specie isn't on the endangered list yet grin

Your guys seem outta ideas in the final third.
Except that your specie embark on seasonal migration grin
Nice to see you back.

We seemed out of idea like Man u against Man city. The only difference is that we came out smiling while Man u came out.......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: the thought that flashed through my mind as the last pk went in was the disappointment that engulfed the hearts of haters at that moment eg DK....... priceless.

grin grin grin

It's a joy to disappoint our haters every time.

I mentioned that the squad was too light, but thank goodness we came through all the same.

Now Swansea will be looking for a reaction after their exit yesterday - we'll need to be at our best come Saturday evening.

The Red and White juggernaut keeps rolling. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pataki: I have to remind myself never to chop beans with pepper again on an evening Arsenal is playing with all these young guns!

Aside the high blood these children nearly gave me tonight, the pepper was doing its own!

Oluwa was surely involved tonight! Proud to be a Gunner over and over again!

What a night! Hope all these injuries plaguing our team will end asap. This night was too much to bear.

grin grin grin grin grin

Cristalz: And West Brom decide they don't wanna be in the tourney anymore.
Smh
This woman still carry hin black belle come back from hiatus
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mystikal(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
#askozil live on twitter.

some interesting questions so far:

OfficialSubhe cheesy ‏@MSubhe007
#AskOzil Do big eyes help you with giving assists?

Unmesh ‏@unmesh111 4m
#AskOzil will it be united, city, chelsea or bayern in 2 years time?

Ajr ‏@prisca_ananda 6m
RT"@Arsenal: Mesut says: "@Podolski10! He is always having fun and makes people laugh" #AskOzil"

Tim Bolton ‏@timbolton1 7m
#AskOzil Are you paying too much for your car insurance?

Chidi Ononiwu ‏@cononiwu 8m
Nigeria!!! “@Arsenal: Mesut says: "I just like to go anywhere where it's hot. I'm happy when it's hot!" #AskOzil”

Scott_mufc ‏@Scott_mufc20 1m
#AskOzil honestly how fed up were you the first time you got the ball in cm looked to your right only to see no ronaldo but theo Walcott?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Rosicky on the way back to recovery, maybe by this weekend or early next week he should be back fully. Same as Cazorla. Theo's surgery was a success.

The sweet football thoughts of Ozil, Cazorla, Rozzy combo.......oh what a delight!

COYG!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Looking forward to having Rozzay back in the team, he knows how to spark up the midfield. Good to hear Arteta is okay, we don't need anymore names added to the already long injury list.

Bendtner with that hairstyle, looks like Akuma and he still can't play football (I kid) lipsrsealed undecided *nice assist by the way*.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Culled from skysports.com........

In the previous five years (2008-13) before joining Arsenal, Ozil provided more assists (72) and created more chances (492) than any other player in Europe's top five Leagues. In two games this season he already has the most Premier League assists on three, plus a fourth not officially recognised by Opta when his free kick was saved by Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic and Aaron Ramsey scored the rebound. The seven chances he conjured that day is a joint Premier League high for chances created by any one player this season.

Swansea, you have been warned.

GBAM! cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by immano05: 6:28am On Sep 28, 2013
17 yr n counting

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chic2pimp(m): 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
Na wa o. Like play e be like say Le Arse go soon end their 8 year period of barrenness

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (3499) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: JayromWrites, Eness(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.