Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2341924 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) ... (3535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Men we are too physically aggressive

I love it though. Partey has gotten some nasty kicks but stayed up.. so has Saka. Without the ball, the are winning the challenges and going in hard. I saw some of these during the preseason and it is impressive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
Roland17:

I love it though. Partey has gotten some nasty kicks but stayed up.. so has Saka. Without the ball, the are winning the challenges and going in hard. I saw some of these during the preseason and it is impressive.
I love it too but I don’t know if it will last till season end
That’s my fear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Once again, thunder faya whoever supported the departure of Thomas Partey. You see those his long long curled passes to Saka and want that to suddenly disappear from Emirates?

You see those kine passes and also realize that virtually nobody in the XI throughout last season, not even Jorginho, could replicate such defence splitting passes?

Allow Partey to Partey after another Partey.

Others:

Nelli is not really in this game. I think the presence of Kai is the reason. This squad sef ehn. Trossard still dey bench o. Omo!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I love it too but I don’t know if it will last till season end
That’s my fear

I think it will. I saw a lot of it against City last week and I believe it is intentional and a part of the tactics now. It will also depend on how well we manage our players conditioning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Rice keep it up 👍
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Our defenders are on vacation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
The commentator said our CB position is Saliba + 1…. Thus far Saliba has proven him right, he’s practically everywhere breaking up attacks before they even start and he’s continued the duty of pocketing attackers from where he stopped vs Halland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
Timber is down..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
Martinelli shaking turner is funny to me

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
Timber should stop lunging like that, he can either get seriously injured or break an opposing player’s leg in the process

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
A dominant 1st half. Score a 3rd before the 70th and make wholesome changes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Timber should stop lunging like that, he can either get seriously injured or break an opposing player’s leg in the process
Arteta should talk to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
Saka is getting double figures. But nothing will be sweeter than he doing a dozen on UCL duty. Welcome Back to another season!✅🙌🏾🙌🏾
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Trevor012:

Jod.era 1 more.
Lol... Calm down grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Leyqute:
I still don’t understand why you guys hate on Martinelli. He gets results.
Wrong thread!!

Nobody, I mean, absolutely nobody hates Martinelli here

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Men we are too physically aggressive

As a team, you’ve lacked this necessary trait for too long. EPL championship teams always have a certain physicality about them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
Roland17:

I think it will. I saw a lot of it against City last week and I believe it is intentional and a part of the tactics now. It will also depend on how well we manage our players conditioning.

Maybe that’s why Gabriel is on the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Managing the squad’s conditioning or physicality?

Anyways, Arteta’s tinkering is why Gabu is on the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Gabu is king of aggression
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
Jodera:
Wrong thread!!

Nobody, I mean, absolutely nobody hates Martinelli here

Lol. I know you’re being sarcastic sha. Or taunting your fellow fans for complaining incessantly about Martinelli.

After Oodegard maybe he’s probably the next guy with the strongest mentality in that side. He’s obsessed with scoring and winning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
As much as we were very dominant in the first half, I'm still wary about our defence shape being opened up when met with quality opposition if we continue with this pattern.

A good team good on counter and can spot runners might decimate this our defence.

I just hope this Isn't our defacto formation sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Roland17:

Managing the squad’s conditioning or physicality?

Anyways, Arteta’s tinkering is why Gabu is on the bench.

Managing condition.

Nottenham forest doesn’t warrant starting your strongest defenders.

That he tinkered and is still doing well is a boost for the whole season. As long as he doesn’t overdo it and does it when necessary, e go cook.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Gabu is king of aggression
My comment was about managing player conditions. I wasn’t saying that Gabu doesnt like giragira
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Lol. I know you’re being sarcastic sha. Or taunting your fellow fans for complaining incessantly about Martinelli.

After Oodegard maybe he’s probably the next guy with the strongest mentality in that side. He’s obsessed with scoring and winning.

Jodera is right , nobody hates Martinelli here . The only thing Arsenal fans complain about his game is that he needs to look up more often when he’s driving the ball towards the opposition box ; that’s not the same thing as hating him.

He’s one of our best players .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Timber injury.

Arsenal village people strong gan o grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Managing condition.

Nottenham forest doesn’t warrant starting your strongest defenders.

That he tinkered and is still doing well is a boost for the whole season. As long as he doesn’t overdo it and does it when necessary, e go cook.

You are giving NF too much credit. Albeit, you are right, they are the best opposition to try these tinkers with.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Leyqute:

Tbh, I'm not sarcastic.
I love his mentality and aggression but sometimes he can be very frustrating.

Saying anybody hates him here is overreaching. I don't think presently there's any player that any of us here hates or have any agenda on

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
That doesn’t look good for Timber. I hate muscle related injuries. Tomi comes in.. Well, we saw him struggle at LB during the preseason. NF is the best opposition to try this..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
Jodera:
As much as we were very dominant in the first half, I'm still wary about our defence shape being opened up when met with quality opposition if we continue with this pattern.

A good team good on counter and can spot runners might decimate this our defence.

I just hope this Isn't our defacto formation sha

Excellent observation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Prophecy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
Roland17:

You are giving NF too much credit. Albeit, you are right, they are the best opposition to try this tinkers with.

You know it.

Pep didn’t field his strongest side yesterday either. It’s always a good thing if you can start at 80% of your full strength and still be able to blow teams away.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
Our formation and tactics is all over the place and it is now affecting the rhythm and flow of the game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) ... (3535) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.