Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2331653 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3444) (3445) (3446) (3447) (3448) (3449) (3450) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:57pm On Apr 14
mostob:
Nothing was wrong with that lineup. The substitutions really disrupted the match.
It's the lineup that made the substitution disrupt the match.

People who started were people who would have been subbed on when things gets tough

It was so easy to see.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:57pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

Nobody would have said the bolded. We're competing for two trophies not 1.

Immediately I saw the lineup, I was afraid and I suspected we might drop point but iamoyindamola said they starters deserved to start. We don see am na
Nothing is wrong with the line up bros
It as been like that all season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:59pm On Apr 14
Jodera:
We had a strong lineup that Maximizes Rice strength for him to attack and minimise Havertz weakness in the team. The team is always fluid with that lineup..

And when things seems difficult, we can call on Jesus and Trossard, Zinny from the bench to give firepower against the tiring team. That's essentially what is called squad depth

But you started your squad depth (in Jesus and Trossard, Zinny) and when things are hot you remove them and put in people who aren't game changers(Tomi, Jorginho).

Worst part is that our play wasn't as fluid as it ought to be.

Arteta fvcked up for this one. From Lineup to Subs.

This one really pain me cos I saw it coming
I think we all agreed Harvertz in midfield is short one?

Arteta dey learn from his mistakes so?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:00pm On Apr 14
Jodera:
We had a strong lineup that Maximizes Rice strength for him to attack and minimise Havertz weakness in the team. The team is always fluid with that lineup..

And when things seems difficult, we can call on Jesus and Trossard, Zinny from the bench to give firepower against the tiring team. That's essentially what is called squad depth

But you started your squad depth (in Jesus and Trossard, Zinny) and when things are hot you remove them and put in people who aren't game changers(Tomi, Jorginho).

Worst part is that our play wasn't as fluid as it ought to be.

Arteta fvcked up for this one. From Lineup to Subs.

This one really pain me cos I saw it coming
Na Jorginho still caused the second goal. Someone was already pointing out options for him to pass but baba still lost the ball.
Tomiyasu for White was spot on. White was tired and Zaniolo was running riot on that wing.

Partey instead of Jorginho and Vieira instead of ESR. We would have fair better.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:00pm On Apr 14
iamoyindamola:

Nothing is wrong with the line up bros
It as been like that all season
All our 5-0s and 6-0s mostly have Jorginho in DM and Havertz at CF.

We can also call on GJ and Trossard if things gets complicated.

Is it rocket science that Arteta is calling ESR, Tomi when he would have called on GJ and Trossard?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:00pm On Apr 14
If anything at all. 1st half touches in box was 32. By 70mins it was 4. Meaning something was up and should be dealt with. Out of those 4, Jesus and Saka had 3combined.

Let's even analyze this game from MA's game plan to hamper Emery sef. That's why this game dey pepper me. Cos from where i was watching, Emery's attacking plan was perfect and consistent. Woh. E don do sha. O face front. This guy is more an Achilles to Arteta than Pep. He took 6points off. I was afraid of that going into today's game. And it happened. Foolish subs plan. Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 7:01pm On Apr 14
I no see thank you Chelsea for Twitter today o

Nobody wán add extra 50m to the transfer fee again

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:02pm On Apr 14
mostob:
Na Jorginho still caused the second goal. Someone was already pointing out options for him to pass but baba still lost the ball.
Tomiyasu for White was spot on. White was tired and Zaniolo was running riot on that wing.

Partey instead of Jorginho and Vieira instead of ESR. We would have fair better.
Partey and Viera wouldn't have done things in this match. The removal of Odegaard even scattered everything

We needed someone to attack their defence not buildups from back cos we're not lacking that — GJ and Trossard. Same thing like Bayern
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:03pm On Apr 14
Shegzdave:

Havertz is definitely better at CF than in midfield but that's not really a problem today. We just failed to convert our chances.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:03pm On Apr 14
Shegzdave:

He's trying to accommodate Kai ahead of the match on Wednesday
He knows putting him in attack on Wednesday won't work so he's trying to work it today to see how Wednesday go be
We have a stupid and stubborn coach who will rather force and choke his favourite on us
Look at zinchenko too, Tomi and partey are both fit but he keeps parading Kai and zinchenko
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14
mostob:
Havertz is definitely better at CF than in midfield but that's not really a problem today. We just failed to convert our chances.
Na aubameyang or lacazette no convert chances abi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:05pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

All our 5-0s and 6-0s mostly have Jorginho in DM and Havertz at CF.

We can also call on GJ and Trossard if things gets complicated.

Is it rocket science that Arteta is calling ESR, Tomi when he would have called on GJ and Trossard?
Who later played the CF abi who's wasting chances in the first half
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:05pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

Partey and Viera wouldn't have done things in this match. The removal of Odegaard even scattered everything

We needed someone to attack their defence not buildups from back cos we're not lacking that — GJ and Trossard. Same thing like Bayern
Before you can attack their defence as you said, you must be the one with possession. With Odegaard out, we lost the ball many times. This is where Partey and Vieira would have been effective. We needed to hold possession which ESR and Jorginho couldn't do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:06pm On Apr 14
Shegzdave:

Few days ago, I know I mentioned Mostob to say most arsenal fans aren't criticizing Havertz like that again cos of his CF position.

We could see how we struggled especially in the 2nd half. Havertz can't even hold ball down if person near am.

Omorr this match pain me sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kalan: 7:06pm On Apr 14
2 more bottles to go.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:06pm On Apr 14
iamoyindamola:

Na aubameyang or lacazette no convert chances abi
This is way off point. No correlation at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:07pm On Apr 14
iamoyindamola:

Who later played the CF abi who's wasting chances in the first half
When ball don scatter naim Havertz play CF.

Humour me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

When ball don scatter naim Havertz play CF.

Humour me
So na ghost play CF for first half
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14
mostob:
This is way off point. No correlation at all.
Of course I ain't surprised
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:09pm On Apr 14
mostob:
This is what I was saying, he should keep starting match as a CF but not anywhere in the midfield, people he usually call upon to change game are those he started, thats why the sub was thrash and they ended up killing the game..

bro, I'm angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:09pm On Apr 14
mostob:
Before you can attack their defence as you said, you must be the one with possession. With Odegaard out, we lost the ball many times. This is where Partey and Vieira would have been effective. We needed to hold possession which ESR and Jorginho couldn't do.
Partey for Jorginho, I agree but we wouldn't still have attacked them effectively cos all valid attackers are gone(Jesus, Trossard, Odegaard)

I doubt Viera would dou zilch and the rest of Havertz, Nketiah no go do anything.

That's my point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:09pm On Apr 14
Shegzdave:
Does this man learn at all?

Wait for it, they will come and tell us it is because he is chased by Pep. I am waiting because while it will not happen today, it is coming in the next day or two.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:09pm On Apr 14
Xhaka fess arsenal and kane win league embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:09pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

Few days ago, I know I mentioned Mostob to say most arsenal fans aren't criticizing Havertz like that again cos of his CF position.

We could see how we struggled especially in the 2nd half. Havertz can't even hold ball down if person near am.

Omorr this match pain me sha
There is a thin line between pessimistic and lowering expectations. The latter was the reason behind that post I made about going again next season. Havertz will be serving 2-game suspension in EPL.

That's a disadvantage sha... Might turn out to be a big blow.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:10pm On Apr 14
Shegzdave:

This is what I was saying, he should keep starting match as a CF but not anywhere in the midfield, people he usually call upon to change game are those he started, thats why the sub was thrash and they ended up killing the game..

bro, I'm angry
Bros you understand my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:11pm On Apr 14
iamoyindamola:

So na ghost play CF for first half
Jesus wey play CF for your eye na ghost?

Abeggiii
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14
Arsenal failed in flying colors TBH
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:12pm On Apr 14
Jodera:
Partey for Jorginho, I agree but we wouldn't still have attacked them effectively cos all valid attackers are gone(Jesus, Trossard, Odegaard)

I doubt Viera would dou zilch and the rest of Havertz, Nketiah no go do anything.

That's my point
Saka and Martinelli were still on the pitch so we still have valid attackers on the pitch.

Vieira definitely would have been more effective than ESR.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:13pm On Apr 14
mostob:
There is a thin line between pessimistic and lowering expectations. The latter was the reason behind that post I made about going again next season. Havertz will be serving 2-game suspension in EPL.

That's a disadvantage sha... Might turn out to be a big blow.

We literally have it in our hands.

Lineup killed the game not whether we're pessimistic or lowering expectations.

Lineup fvcked us up.

Immediately I saw that lineup, I just knew if this game hard us(which was possibly expected) there's no one I can confidently call that would change game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:13pm On Apr 14
iamoyindamola:

He's trying to accommodate Kai ahead of the match on Wednesday
He knows putting him in attack on Wednesday won't work so he's trying to work it today to see how Wednesday go be
We have a stupid and stubborn coach who will rather force and choke his favourite on us
Look at zinchenko too, Tomi and partey are both fit but he keeps parading Kai and zinchenko
That stubborness will continue to cost him, harvertz can play cf position and Jesus on the wings
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14
Leyqute:
Arsenal failed in flying colors TBH

The Bottler In-Chief (BIC) you mean?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14
I don shout this thing tire but I'll say it again. It is high time we start going orthodox way anytime we're looking for a goal.

Towards the end of that Liverpool game, VVD moved to the box while Endo and MacAllister were playing defence. And the crosses kept coming in from both wings.

I always lose my cool anytime we're chasing a game and saka is busy playing tikitaka on the wing. Wipe that ball inside the box FFS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3444) (3445) (3446) (3447) (3448) (3449) (3450) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bjteensdes24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.